Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Firelink shrine absolutely funnels people to the graveyard and I haven't really forgiven the game for that. The map design and obtuse for the time controls are 100% what gave the game a reputation as difficult

If you went to the graveyard more than twice and kept doing it even though you were getting owned and getting no reward for it and making no progress, the problem is with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

American McGay posted:

Reminder that the same people saying that Scalebound is coming are the same people who claimed that a Metroid Prime Trilogy port is coming at least 4 separate times and that Animal Crossing is getting released on a Tuesday in April.

I feel like they’re going to wait until Prime 4 starts to reform itself more before releasing that to keep momentum for it.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

MMF Freeway posted:

I mean walking up the stairs and into a building feels like a "correct" path rather than the little ledge path.

The controls have always been fine though idk what thats about

I guess the point is, why would you assume there is a "correct" path. This is only a valid complaint if you accidentally get stuck in the Tomb, but even in that case the absolute darkness should be a hint that you should try this later.

Also this

Heath posted:

If you went to the graveyard more than twice and kept doing it even though you were getting owned and getting no reward for it and making no progress, the problem is with you

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

SeANMcBAY posted:

I feel like they’re going to wait until Prime 4 starts to reform itself more before releasing that to keep momentum for it.
It doesn't exist and has never existed and will never exist.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

THE loving MOON posted:

Well what are you into? There's a pretty bangin library now

Oh I'm not taking it seriously. I just love Platinum action games and wouldn't mind another one on top of Astral Chain and Bayonetta 3

Theyre making babylon fall for square too

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

American McGay posted:

It doesn't exist and has never existed and will never exist.

That guy that was right about the day and content of the last Direct said it’s done and coming. That’s why I’m thinking they’re holding off until closer to 4 now.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

So the audio on my Nintendo Switch has started crackling, but only in docked mode. It's not the speakers because they're also linked to my computer and there's no crackling when using that.

Anyone had this happen? Is my Switch finally dying?

Edit: It crackles in different games, the menu, etc.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Did you try a different hdmi cable, or jiggling yours?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Doesn't the npc tell you where to go, too? I don't think firelink really funnels you to the graveyard either, it's more than it's easy to find and if you're not paying attention...

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Frankston posted:

So the audio on my Nintendo Switch has started crackling, but only in docked mode. It's not the speakers because they're also linked to my computer and there's no crackling when using that.

Try licking all the ports.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

Theyre making babylon fall for square too

Forgot about that. Platinum is getting some serious work these days

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

KingSlime posted:

Doesn't the npc tell you where to go, too? I don't think firelink really funnels you to the graveyard either, it's more than it's easy to find and if you're not paying attention...

Crestfallen tells you to ring the bells, one above and one below. Sure, you could make the mistake of thinking the graveyard is how you get to the one below. Fair enough. But if you keep beating your head against that one, why not try the bell above?

But also, lol thinking people will listen to NPCs on their first playthrough. First timers are more likely to murder Crestfallen or ignore him entirely.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Babylon fall for Square? I'd rather have Babylon Five for Squall

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

THE loving MOON posted:

Having R1 and R2 for attacking felt weird to me at first, but it's really the only sensible way to set it up for playing with a controller. The game just needs a whole lotta buttons

Yeah it's a fine control scheme just there's a lot of adjusting when first exposed to it. I remember how bad it felt for me and a lot of my friends early on

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Frankston posted:

My Switch crashed and now everything is fine again. :iiam:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Look Sir Droids posted:

I guess the point is, why would you assume there is a "correct" path. This is only a valid complaint if you accidentally get stuck in the Tomb, but even in that case the absolute darkness should be a hint that you should try this later.

Also this

I'm not talking about banging your head against it repeatedly. The first immediately recognizable feature in the shrine is a portal to a sucker punch.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I recently got a switch.

I have beat Mario Odyssy and then BotW.

What game should I get next? The mega mans?

Share with me your gamer wisdom my friends.

Hollow Knight

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I recently got a switch.

I have beat Mario Odyssy and then BotW.

What game should I get next? The mega mans?

Share with me your gamer wisdom my friends.

Well, with no other guidance on what kind of games you like, I'll just give you my favorites:

1) BROFORCE
2) DOOM
3) Katamari Damacy
4) Sonic Mania
5) Sega Genesis classics Streets of Rage 2 (ive literally never started any other game in it lol)
6) Mario Kart 8
7 ) Golf Story
8) Fortnite
9) Paladins
10) That twin stick shooter that PETA released

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Heath posted:

Ah yes, why would you think that this game that is the poster child for GIT GUD, the hardcore game that is known primarily for being difficult, would be this hard. You idiot. You collosal moron.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dead cells and Stardew are my votes.

They’ve both gotten lots of playtime from me.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

why is losing in tetris 99 way more aggravating than losing in apex

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Stan Taylor posted:

Ah yes, why would you think that this game that is the poster child for GIT GUD, the hardcore game that is known primarily for being difficult, would be this hard. You idiot. You collosal moron.

sounds like someone needs to git gud....at exploring

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Brother Entropy posted:

why is losing in tetris 99 way more aggravating than losing in apex

Because you only have yourself to blame, and also you can kinda seemingly just get screwed by being targeted at random. Game owns, I still need to fix my dumb pro controller though, or pick up one those 8bitdos.

Apex on switch when.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Stan Taylor posted:

I mean you start in a hub area with like three areas to go and the graveyard has enemies that resurrect. It could not be more obvious you are not supposed to be there yet.

Hell the graveyard is the last place I visited, didn’t know it was there on my first play through.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Stan Taylor posted:

Because you only have yourself to blame, and also you can kinda seemingly just get screwed by being targeted at random. Game owns, I still need to fix my dumb pro controller though, or pick up one those 8bitdos.

Apex on switch when.

i was actually playing tetris on my new snes 8bitdo! it's neat but i'm getting some hand cramping from playing too long that makes me think there's a reason every controller nowadays has those little handles for the rest of your hand to grip

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Stan Taylor posted:

This is a pretty dumb opinion considering you can just try going a different way. Git gud marketing does not mean you have to be bad at problem solving. I mean, who really takes that kind of poo poo to that level of seriousness? You'd have to be willfully obtuse.

Look Sir Droids fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 18, 2019

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stan Taylor posted:

Apex on switch when.

Is source engine established on switch? Any other games on the platform use it?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Valves official branch of Source doesn't support the Switch, but Respawns Titanfall/Apex branch is so heavily modified at this point that they'd probably have to port it from scratch regardless.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Well, with no other guidance on what kind of games you like, I'll just give you my favorites:

1) BROFORCE
2) DOOM
3) Katamari Damacy
4) Sonic Mania
5) Sega Genesis classics Streets of Rage 2 (ive literally never started any other game in it lol)
6) Mario Kart 8
7 ) Golf Story
8) Fortnite
9) Paladins
10) That twin stick shooter that PETA released

Doom is so great on the Switch against all odds, and I've really been itching to play it through again soon. I think they did another performance patch a couple months ago too, I want to see how much better it is

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

repiv posted:

Source doesn't support the Switch,

Thought so. Was scratchin my head trying to think of one

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Look Sir Droids posted:

:chloe:

The path up is literally the closest one to Firelink. You have to go through a building to get to the graveyard.

The controls are good even to this day.

The game map overall is great but lol don't even try to pretend Firelink doesn't herd 95% of everybody who plays it straight to the skeletons.

"Gee golly I have no idea why people first went straight towards and then past the most interesting architectural structure in the area, taking the only obvious paved pathway, and not the complete opposite direction down a narrow path hidden behind a tree that also happens to be roughly the same color as the steep cliff it's wrapped against that looks like it's leading into nothing."

The controls are excellent though, you're right about that.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

getting owned by the skeletons is a rite of passage; you can either laugh it off and keep having a good time or you can get mad about it

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Trip report on replaying Twilight Princess: it does indeed get good after the intro, the first dungeon alone is pretty lengthy and enjoyable. The second is cool in concept but kind of a boring slog though. On to Lakebed!

It's pretty depressing to keep finding all these Miiverse stamps though :smith:

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

GreatGreen posted:

The game map overall is great but lol don't even try to pretend Firelink doesn't herd 95% of everybody who plays it straight to the skeletons.

"Gee golly I have no idea why people first went straight towards and then past the most interesting architectural structure in the area, taking the only obvious paved pathway, and not the complete opposite direction down a narrow path hidden behind a tree that also happens to be roughly the same color as the steep cliff it's wrapped against that looks like it's leading into nothing."

lol 95%. No. This is at best a 50:50 proposition. Also you would have to just ignore that the first item you see to pick up in Firelink is at the well, which is on the way to the uphill path.

So no, the game in no way herds you to the graveyard over other available paths.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Real hurthling! posted:

Orange Box on switch when

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Is Dark Souls even on Switch

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

morestuff posted:

Is Dark Souls even on Switch

Yep.

The audio is a bit fucky but it plays fine. Plenty of people online too.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Look Sir Droids posted:

lol 95%. No. This is at best a 50:50 proposition. Also you would have to just ignore that the first item you see to pick up in Firelink is at the well, which is on the way to the uphill path.

So no, the game in no way herds you to the graveyard over other available paths.

it absolutely herds people in that direction and you know it's on purpose because DS2 tries to do the same thing but worse

imo it's meant to encourage you to explore but a lot of people seem to have trouble grasping that

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I think the key to enjoying Dark Souls, like most things in life that aren't handed to you on a silver platter, is expectation management.

If you understand going into it that the game will be an iterative process of progressing a bit, dying, progressing a bit farther, dying, progressing a bit farther than last time, etc. then you'll do fine. If you go into it thinking you're supposed to be able to zip through like you can with most games, you're going to get frustrated.

As soon as you accept that dying is just part of the expected process (and progress) then you'll be a lot happier playing the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I doubt anybody but me cares, but it looks like Blazblue Crosstag actually is getting another set of DLC characters this Spring. Hopefully the lobbies will perk back up for a little while when that happens