Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Reminder that scalebound mutated into a 4 player co-op thing that ran at 5 fps so if it lives it will be in name only

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I honestly forgot about that. No wonder it loving died.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Plat's answer to DMC is Bayonetta. Scalebound was going to be some sort of open world action rpg I thought. I also thought most of the reports from people that it wasn't that great, though it's unclear how much of that was MS loving with stuff and not letting Plat make the game they wanted.

Also, with Plat, you have to remember they are also working on a new SE game as well as Bayo 3 and the thing they just announced, so a fourth project would be pretty worrying honestly

Unrelated to all of this, I started watching the Castlevania series on Netflix and it's actually pretty good.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
quote is not edit

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I would not be suprised if it was MS loving with it that killed it. The fact it went from RPG to 4 player co op and i"m like oh this screams of hey we added this new game design and we want you to implement in the later stages of developemnts and... boom.

loving hate when that happens...

Yes as a QA I had to deal with that bullshit where they want something last minute to be added because they think it would be cool

Castlevania Season and Sesaon 2 on Netflix is really loving good.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

yeah apparently kamiya wanted to make a goofy single player game and microsoft wanted coolguy seriousman monster hunter which is a big part of why it died. if it ever gets revived without microsoft it's not gonna look at all similar

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dmc5 demo question: how does eqipping arms work?

If i equip one arm type in slot 1 and i have 4 copies of it do i get all 4 in battle or do i need to equip each copy into all 4 slots?

Put another way, when the game tells me i have 3/4 of an arm type do i get the whole stack of them equipped or just 1?

im too bust hacking poo poo up to be able to tell whats going on.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

I've been reading through the Final Fantasy Ultimania Archive art book that covers all of the PS1 final fantasies and it's really great looking at all of the art from those games. I especially enjoyed checking out FF7 which reminded me of some real good moments from that game.

https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/1096881735869100032
https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/1097610323375345669

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
RedXIII Shinra Grunt standing up right and walking sideways with his tail wagging had me giggling when I first saw it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tales of Woe posted:

they were working on the Granblue Fantasy action rpg too until cygames kicked them off it recently

they're a pretty big studio though, they can do multiple games at once as long as someone else is footing the bill.

They didn't get kicked off, they finished the work they were contracted for and CyGames are doing the rest of the game in house

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Shindragon posted:

Yeah I was reading that article and so far it's just speculation and of course the former guy would know more than anyone.

The fact he even says it's probably not likely instead of the usual don't comment on rumor PR statement kinda seems like yeah it ain't scalebound.

The reaction to this rumor alone is probably making Nintendo actually wanna try this though.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i was disappointed in castlevania season 2 for the most part but the action scenes and stuff with isaac and hector were pretty cool

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/Charalanahzard/status/1097609015855476736

It really is a coinflip if this is true or not.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
is that infinitebrian guy like the official goon fanart guy because he gets posted all the time

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

is that infinitebrian guy like the official goon fanart guy because he gets posted all the time

umm i think they're posting their own fanart

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Looper posted:

umm i think they're posting their own fanart

Oh that's cool then no judgement if so. Posting OC is :yeah:, I just thought there was some pattern I was missing.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

PantsBandit posted:

Yeah gently caress that guy!

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Please keep posting the good art.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

my buddy Superfly posted:

Yeah gently caress that guy!

fwiw I thought the mirage doges from earlier were extremely cute.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Thank you! I will whenever it's relevant, works out that the last few things I did I'm pretty happy with overall.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
It's simple

Switchbound will be Platinum's answer to Anthem

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Samuringa posted:

It's simple

cursed post

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Samuringa posted:

It's simple

NO

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Harrow posted:

Anthem's kind of an odd situation for EA, I guess, which is why I'm not quite ready to assume BioWare's about to be sent to a farm upstate. It's not a single-player game, nor is it a live service game that's already planned to have another sequel in a couple years, or anything like that. It was always going to be a long-term investment for them.

I mean, this is EA we're talking about, so they might not really draw a distinction there, but if there was ever a time I could see them giving a game time to be fixed up before deciding whether or not to pull the plug, it'd be their big live service pseudo-MMO title.

Plenty of games have been "long-term investments" then immediately put out a sequel.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I like that Nintendo is keeping Platinum Games working but ugg I really want to play their games on something more powerful than a Switch.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i generally expect nintendo to do the unexpected (and simultaneously disappoint people) so at this point i'm willing to throw anything at the wall

oddworld
zone of the enders 3 (ok probably not)
mercenaries 3 (rip pandemic)
conker
kaio king of pirates
baten kaitos 3
opoona 2 (i'm just posting this one to upset crow)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

can't believe nintendo is publishing custer's revenge 3

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

an actual dog posted:

I like that Nintendo is keeping Platinum Games working but ugg I really want to play their games on something more powerful than a Switch.

well you can look forward to "babylon's fall" for the ps4 whatever that is

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I HOPE YOU FOLKS ARE READY FOR DEVIL'S THIRD 2!

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Tales of Woe posted:

well you can look forward to "babylon's fall" for the ps4 whatever that is

lol I totally forgot that so many games

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

When's Revengeance 2

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Konami doesn't make videogames anymore

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

good job nintendo at reviving that castlevania game that only had a brief cg teaser of maybe-alucard with a fire sword

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

wait, why did i ever think that wasn't alucard, that was totally alucard

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Nintendo is gonna get MercurySteam to make a Castlevania title again except this time it's good

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

an actual dog posted:

Nintendo is gonna get MercurySteam to make a Castlevania title again except this time it's good
then why would they get mercurystream

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Samus Returns was dope.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Eh

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Phantasium posted:

Samus Returns was dope.
:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Look man after Other M it felt good that were was actual serviceable title for Metriod after the barren years.