Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

He looks like Hunter S. Thompson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

overmind2000 posted:

He looks like Hunter S. Thompson

I can't believe Araki independently just recreated Hunter Gathers from Venture Bros

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
https://hajnarus.tumblr.com/post/182877319475/local-spectacle-wizard-jotaro

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Today I couldn't stop thinking how ghiaccio's face and king crimson faces were similar. I was happy to find someone made the connection before me.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ShitPostCrusaders/comments/apiuhs/ghiaccio_crimson/

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Both are extememly angry murderous people. It fits.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Is it weird that I wanna bang Douglas MacArthur now?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

This is very wholesome and good.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Someone posted this in the Anime thread:

and I couldn't help but notice that the placement of his eyes and mouth look a lot like King Crimson. Is this intentional?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

I wonder if the next OP will spoil Silver Chariot/Polnaref return in some way? It's this week right?

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Toplowtech posted:

I wonder if the next OP will spoil Silver Chariot/Polnaref return in some way? It's this week right?

If they're going to split the anime in half wrt the OPs, since there's an odd number of episodes, this ep (ep 20 out of 39) has an even chance of being the last with Fighting Gold or the first with the new OP

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I'm pretty sure that this week'll keep Fighting Gold, or possibly just skip the OP entirely, and next week will transition to Traitor's Requiem.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

this week will definitely be prime candidate #1 for a new op. i can see them skipping it entirely, though, yeah. it's gonna be a tense encounter and they might want to time it well if the predictions on what the cliffhanger will be end up true.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Not checked this personally so pinch of salt for now: Bamco haven't extended the licence for All Star Battle. It's been removed from EU PSN (Game and DLC) and it'll be pulled from US if so. Get it while you can if you were on the fence maybe. Or not, it's kinda bad.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

skip the OP entirely,

Th-this ability...!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Having reread the King Crimson vs. Metallica arc earlier today I can only say goddamn, it's going to be a delight watching that in the anime in a few months. The anime has already had new scenes with Risotto and Diavolo, maybe we'll be lucky and get more stuff with Doppio.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
We honestly have a lot of extra time.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i hope we see king crimson today

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgbBy9hmZjA

This would make a good part 7 ending theme imo

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Arist posted:

This is honestly the most nonsensical and confusing interpretation of King Crimson I have read yet, aaaaaaaaaaaaa

God it's not that hard. I see it as the following flowchart.

Okay so Diavolo decides he's gonna do something. Let's say he's really hungry for some eggs. Then he peers into Epitaph.

If Diavolo sees himself enjoying some delicious eggs he goes "Ok I'll activate King Crimson so I'll get these eggs without having to do any cooking."

If Diavolo sees himself burning the eggs and really botching it he goes "Ok well I won't even try cooking these eggs."

If Diavolo sees Mista ambushing him as he's about to finish cooking his eggs he does "Ok I'll time activating King Crimson so that the bit where Mista fills me with lead falls into the erased period of time so I don't actually die"

Diavolo can use King Crimson to exempt himself of fate but sometimes the fated event is favorable and in that case he'll want to skip into enjoying his everlasting climax of delicious eggs.

Nina fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Feb 22, 2019

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

let's loving GO

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

The episode was so hype, cant wait to rewatch it subbed

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

someone beam the episode directly into my brain while i'm at work thanks in advance

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Emperor Crimson is an okay name change.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I skip class like every Friday cause I got no discipline

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

King Crimson slowly forcing its fist through Bruno's chest was extremely nasty

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

God, I forgot that the first loving thing King Crimson ever does, grab Trish and rip her arm off without Bruno noticing, doesn't jive with any of the theories I've ever heard about how it works! It's just totally inconsistent!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Awwwww man Diavolo is good

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Toplowtech posted:

Emperor Crimson is an okay name change.
It emphasizes the pecking order position, but it lacks the alliterative zip. Not sure what else could have worked, though. Crown/Count/Chief Crimson? Sovereign Scarlet?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Arist posted:

God, I forgot that the first loving thing King Crimson ever does, grab Trish and rip her arm off without Bruno noticing, doesn't jive with any of the theories I've ever heard about how it works! It's just totally inconsistent!
Don't worry about it

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I've heard people use Ruler Red before, that one's pretty good

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Royal Red

Majesty Maroon

Rex Russet

Baron Burgundy

Sultan Sanguine

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I just finished the episode and I still haven't fully registered that yes that was King Crimson in animated form in front of my eyes. I can't wait until KC just skips over the OP and drops us in media res or whatever time-themed silliness David has in mind happens.

What a time to be alive.

MonsterEnvy posted:

We honestly have a lot of extra time.

At the ridiculous pace they're going I honestly don't know how they're going to fill those 39 episodes. They'll have to noticeably slow down or add a lot of extra scenes, I hope it is more like... The Sun, where the additions improved the whole experience considerably, and less like Formaggio, which I honestly felt dragged a little. I believe in David.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

They all sound like c-list 60s Batman villains

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Calling it now: the OP is going to skip ahead whenever Diavolo would appear in it until he is fully revealed in the story.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Hogama posted:

It emphasizes the pecking order position, but it lacks the alliterative zip. Not sure what else could have worked, though. Crown/Count/Chief Crimson? Sovereign Scarlet?

Ram Abbalah

(google it if you don't get the reference)

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Dragonwagon posted:

Baron Burgundy

This one's my favorite.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
the king in red

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
king crimson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

King Crime, Son