Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Past 3 months:

Katowice so far:

remove aug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
No love for kennyS in this thread

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

AUG is awesome.

Unlike Fnatic.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

How about that cloud9?

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

C9 lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Clown9 is eternal

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Feel bad for Krimz but I'm glad to see fnatic punished for their roster retardation in the end. G2 really picked their game up, I think people are sleeping on the potential of this roster. If only the French can resist the almost irresistible urge to crumble in important LANs.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

okay, I can escape with my pick em dreams alive if 2 out of 3 of NIP, G2 and Cloud 9 win tomorrow

I have no loving chance lol

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

NiP magic

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Are all of these matches being played in katowice? Like the ones from last week and whatever? seems like a REAL long time for some of the teams to be in poland for the tourney.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

ESLONE goes for a week in the interim iirc

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

ilmucche posted:

Are all of these matches being played in katowice? Like the ones from last week and whatever? seems like a REAL long time for some of the teams to be in poland for the tourney.

it's the major, what else should they be doing?

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Imagine having to work a whole week.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

A few weeks though, like last round of qualifiers was in poland as well? I don't think it's crazy to be there for like a week or two, but there were qualifiers last week as well iirc?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
This is the main qualifier. The main tournament hasn’t even started yet.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Poland is a very cool place to be and I bet they are all thankful for the opportunity for an extended stay

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Shame about tyloo and vici. I was hoping to see an asian team advance to the major proper

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

Shame about tyloo and vici. I was hoping to see an asian team advance to the major proper

Somewhat hosed by the draw imo, feel like TyLoo might have made it against Winstrike, C9 or NiP. G2 on a tear was probably the most difficult possible opponent.

ViCi otoh probably don't have the depth of skill in the roster to realistically compete (despite kaze) and they didn't reaaaally deserve a spot.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
I missed most of the matches, but i caught G2 vs Fnatic on overpass, and g2 had some really scary early aggression that just ended fnatics rounds before they even begun, it was fun to see

also cut xizt

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Please this, please. Who takes over though? Hampus is the only other Swedish IGL I know. Brand new IGL? KARRIGAN RETURNS TO FNATIC????

make fnatic great again

jw, f0rest, krimz, rez, lekr0

szary
Mar 12, 2014

Tevery Best posted:

Poland is a very cool place to be and I bet they are all thankful for the opportunity for an extended stay

They'll have enough time to develop asthma from all the smog

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend

mcvey posted:

Please this, please. Who takes over though?

RobbaN makes a comeback

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
I think my smurf account is about to be ranked like 6 ranks higher than my main account.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Smurfing is just a state of mind

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Simple vs Zywoo is neat

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
The circumstances leading to it being 14-15 are loving hilarious. And now OT. Never change Navi.

Edit: omfg https://clips.twitch.tv/FurryEnergeticStingrayDoubleRainbow

Fauxshiz fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Feb 20, 2019

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Vitality had about 5 easy rounds to win that but failed every time.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Lol C9

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Fauxshiz posted:

The circumstances leading to it being 14-15 are loving hilarious. And now OT. Never change Navi.

Edit: omfg https://clips.twitch.tv/FurryEnergeticStingrayDoubleRainbow

Lol this is to funny. It's like MM. Except that wall bang.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Complexity pls, just win and stop being retarded

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Cool how 6th seed vs 16th seed was the better bo3 than Liquid/Na'Vi, and the 16th seed won 2-0. Those games were dope.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

:lol:NRG:lol:

surc
Aug 17, 2004

lookin forward to this upcoming ence vs coL grand final!

:getin:

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
I'll get a portrait of n0thing tattooed somewhere if complexity win this major.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Same, but just his haircut. And the sweat towel.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Katowice so far. AUG to 3500 let's go.

e: FaceIt London 2018

mcvey fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Feb 22, 2019

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

150 more than the M4 seems good. Trade buying a flash for a scope

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
https://clips.twitch.tv/InquisitiveAliveIcecreamRuleFive

Wow, such a good execute.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Even if coL lose this 2-1, they have been heroes this tournament. Written off, given 16th seed, have to play Top 5 teams every single game - still managing to have a really good showing. Impressed by their whole team except Rickeh, who tbf is a recent addition and apparently not being given the AWP due to having no time to adjust all their setups around it. You can see that their whole team is incredibly well-drilled, not just in executes but even in the little things. Like the 2v2 on A with smoke down, and they immediately boosted stan up onto container and it won the crucial round. More than half the teams this tournament probably aren't capable of that kind of heads-up play. They play like a budget Astralis, which is not an insult.

If they get through this bo3, they absolutely have a chance against any of the 2-2 teams. Any of those matches will be softest game they've had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
CS thread, I am the last person to ever to talk to strangers about my kid and how awesome he is, but I have to. Today while pugging with him on competetive queue, as we are clowning the enemy team and he racks kills up, he bought the Scar-20. A pug teammate then said "dude why are you such a loser that you buy an auto?" and without a flinch, my 9-year old son keyes the mic and says "why are you on the bottom of the scoreboard?" and I don't think I've ever felt this proud.