Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Pyroclastic posted:

Anyone interested in trading or selling their LM2 trading cards? I've got a bit of a collectible card bug, and this set's small enough it shouldn't be too hard or expensive to get a set (unlike my complete Animal Crossing Amiibo card set).

As for Ideas, I'm pretty surprised. The ISS was great, but probably too big or finicky. Neither of the SpaceX ones looked very good, but it would have been nice to have master builder-designed Falcon 9. Next round, I don't think any of them but the food stands. The fossils don't look great, the ship is too big, the piano is too complex, and the chemical plant is too...weird.

I'll send you mine for the cost of shipping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The thing with the chemical plant is that every chemical engineer would probably buy it.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Cloks posted:

I'll send you mine for the cost of shipping.

Sent you a PM.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Pyroclastic posted:

Anyone interested in trading or selling their LM2 trading cards? I've got a bit of a collectible card bug, and this set's small enough it shouldn't be too hard or expensive to get a set (unlike my complete Animal Crossing Amiibo card set).

As for Ideas, I'm pretty surprised. The ISS was great, but probably too big or finicky. Neither of the SpaceX ones looked very good, but it would have been nice to have master builder-designed Falcon 9. Next round, I don't think any of them but the food stands. The fossils don't look great, the ship is too big, the piano is too complex, and the chemical plant is too...weird.

I have 6 unopened packs. Was just gonna throw them on Ebay, but if you want to make an offer.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I got one pack of the cards, two of which were the same. Out of 4 cards! :argh:

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope they redesign the Friends set to use minidolls :v:

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Pyroclastic posted:

You can have my unopened one for $shipping also. PM me an address and I'll drop it in the mail in a few days.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

asecondduck posted:

Internet might not survive the rage that generates.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

xzzy posted:

I'd be worth it just for the "LEGO FRIENDS Friends Lego" joke.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Jokes on you. I'll just create a facebook page just to show our support. 'The 'LEGO FRIENDS™ F•R•I•E•N•D•S' Friends'

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I asked this like a year ago but I figured I'd ask again. Does anyone have a Ceremony Leia fig from the 9495 Y wing they'd be willing to trade? I'll hook you up.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

xzzy posted:

I'll be there for you

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Captain Duvel posted:

I'll be there for you

👏👏👏👏

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

MaliciousOnion posted:

👏👏👏👏 👏

FTFY. I think?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's just four claps.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
DEEP IN THE HEART

OF SITCOM

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Cojawfee posted:

It's just four claps.

poo poo. You’re right!

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can
I finally got off my rear end and saw The Lego Movie 2. I was blown away and had a lot of feels, so I wrote a lot of words about it.

Lego, The Lego Movie 1 & 2, and Gender Feels

Now I just need to clean off my table so I can build my Overwatch sets that have been sitting on my shelf for two months.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

asecondduck posted:

Just for the girls though. Keep the guys as minifigs. :) And also Monica, that way it's also a Monica is fat joke.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Holy poo poo i need those food stands and that playable piano.

Food stands looks great and would go perfect with my theme park and having a playable piano in Lego is mindblowing.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Has there ever been a space theme in the Friends style, like Sweet Mayhem's aesthetic? I love the look she's got going.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tenebrais posted:

Has there ever been a space theme in the Friends style, like Sweet Mayhem's aesthetic? I love the look she's got going.

Well, there's 70828 Pop-Up Party Bus from TLM2. Which I bought because there's a bunch of trans purple pieces and also bunch of those new 2x2 w/ 1x2 centered brackets. Oh, and Discokitty.

Cosmic Web
Jan 11, 2005

"Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you!"
Fun Shoe
My girlfriend got me that Ninjago City Docks for valentine's day.

Usually I wouldn't give a drat about that Friends set, but I'm glad they'll release it because now I get to return the favor.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Ugh, I was really hoping the SpaceX or ISS sets would make it. gently caress Friends, give me more space stuff.

I've had too many people ask us if we sell Tesla kits. I hope Lego never touches anything to do with Musk.

Gann Jerrod posted:

I’m interested in the Steamboat Willie, as long as it’s not $100. They also showed the next round of ideas, which look pretty boring.

The dinosaur fossils seem too finicky, but I can see them doing the fast food stands considering the theme park sets they have been doing. I wouldn’t be surprised if this was another round with no acceptance.

I am very much into that chemical plant. I love industrial settings and have been saying for the longest time we need something like a steel foundry.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Neurion posted:

I've had too many people ask us if we sell Tesla kits. I hope Lego never touches anything to do with Musk.

I am very much into that chemical plant. I love industrial settings and have been saying for the longest time we need something like a steel foundry.

The designer of the chemical plant is right up your alley then. He has at least a few other industrial designs on Ideas, and if not ideas his personal website has a bunch of them. He's quite good at it.

https://ideas.lego.com/profile/Ymarilego/entries?query=&sort=top

Promobricks has a review of the mustang already. It's in german, but says release date is march 1st I think.

also this guy got hired to design lego expert creator and architecture sets. https://www.chrismcveigh.com/cm/welcome.html

Scipiotik fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Feb 19, 2019

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Chris McVeigh, one of my very favorite builders, got hired by LEGO and is closing his shop in 6 days. I own two of his sets and cannot recommend his work enough. He's selling out the rest of his stock and most of it is gone, but I couldn't resist picking up this guy, the specific original one that was on display at the LEGO House for a year. Extremely excited.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Neat. I used his instructions to make my two radios.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I built WtA and...I am unimpressed. The build was fascinating but seeing it on display I immediately want to take it apart and put it away or sell it. Never had that happen before. Odd.

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

R.I.P. Side-Scrolling Link: we hardly knew ye...

Waltzing Along posted:

I built WtA and...I am unimpressed. The build was fascinating but seeing it on display I immediately want to take it apart and put it away or sell it. Never had that happen before. Odd.

I want to try to recreate a screen accurate version starting with the torch platform Lucy and Emmet stand on in the trailer.

I want the minifigs from the set but the rest of it doesn't do much for me.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's funny you say that because I kind of landed on it being a set I'd love to build, but don't actually really want to own. I like it in theory, and it's not that it's not cool looking but I don't know how much I'd want to display it. I kind of had that initial excitement when I first saw it that I got when I first saw Ninjago City, but it wore off and it really doesn't do it for me like NC does.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
That's pretty much how I feel. I don't want to display it. It's cool. I recognize that it is cool. I think it would be a great play set. But on display it just looks messy and bland. I have Joker Manor on the other side of the room and that one pops. It looks really good. Same with so many other sets.

WtA was really interesting to build. A lot of clever stuff and it is very stable. It doesn't look like it would be, but it is. The technics work is very well done.

It took the place of Destiny's Bounty. And I think I might just find something else to display instead. Maybe a castle or something. I need to rummage around in my storage closet for something different.

It's just an odd feeling. Usually I'm so excited to build something new and big like this and happy to display when I am done. But this one, nope. :smith:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
A Lego store I went to the other day had a built, non-kragled WtA set out on display. Getting to turn it around and open it up and look at all the details inside was very cool. It also completely killed any desire to own it for me too.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

veni veni veni posted:

Last time I subject you guys to the WIP stuff I've been working on for the last couple weeks lol. Took some better images so I wanted to post them yo.

This is awesome.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

veni veni veni posted:

Last time I subject you guys to the WIP stuff I've been working on for the last couple weeks lol. Took some better images so I wanted to post them yo.

All these are rad.

Mameluke posted:

All I want is the god drat visitors' centre

All I want is either the Jeep or Explorer. If the Visitors Center actually comes out, and it is the only way to get one of them I'll buy it of you.

Edit: I also want Mr. DNA.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Nevermind, debunked already, looks like the steamboat willy set is going to come out before the Treehouse, and that was the confusion.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Anyone know why older BrickHeadz had this tile with the number 1 on the base? https://brickset.com/sets/containing-part-6188632

Was it a series marker they gave up on?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

smackfu posted:

Anyone know why older BrickHeadz had this tile with the number 1 on the base? https://brickset.com/sets/containing-part-6188632

Was it a series marker they gave up on?

It looks like the first years retails sets have it. And about 1/2 the second years have a 2. And that's it.

Your theory is probably correct.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
beep beep

1969 AMC Hurst/SC Rambler. I love the general form factor of this adorable little muscle car, but it's the arrow graphic pointing into the scoop that made me want to actually build it. The front of this thing is a bit complex (try to figure out how that white 1x6 tile under the headlights is attached!) but it actually turned out to be one of my more stable finished models, which is nice. Comfortably seats a fig, steering wheel, gauges, etc. The wheels don't freely turn on this one, though. I could have made them do so with technic bricks and half pins, but it's more stable this way and I like the ride height and ground clearance a lot. It's so sleek!

The color blocking on this one makes me happy.

This minifig is so good.

Finally, due to many requests, I've started uploading instructions to Rebrickable. Thanks so much for the support.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Carbohydrates posted:

beep beep

1969 AMC Hurst/SC Rambler. I love the general form factor of this adorable little muscle car, but it's the arrow graphic pointing into the scoop that made me want to actually build it. The front of this thing is a bit complex (try to figure out how that white 1x6 tile under the headlights is attached!) but it actually turned out to be one of my more stable finished models, which is nice. Comfortably seats a fig, steering wheel, gauges, etc. The wheels don't freely turn on this one, though. I could have made them do so with technic bricks and half pins, but it's more stable this way and I like the ride height and ground clearance a lot. It's so sleek!

The color blocking on this one makes me happy.

This minifig is so good.

Finally, due to many requests, I've started uploading instructions to Rebrickable. Thanks so much for the support.

How the hell do you not work for Lego?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Mustang review is up.

tl;dr: Best creator expert car so far.