Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Captain Splendid posted:

The screenwriters have a plan.

The first interracial sex scene in Star Wars with Rey and Finn. Show some balls Disney.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Gonz posted:

AW SON OF A BITCH

Palpatine: IT'S ME YODA! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Gonz posted:

AW SON OF A BITCH

idgi

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Vince McMahon, circa 1999, revealing himself as Stone Cold Steve Austin’s unseen tormentor after a long, drawn out storyline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kujo7V9m0gk

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Gonz posted:

Vince McMahon, circa 1999, revealing himself as Stone Cold Steve Austin’s unseen tormentor after a long, drawn out storyline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kujo7V9m0gk

Wrestling is so dumb. I love it.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

galagazombie posted:

All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again.

It's like Poetry. It rhymes.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

e: Just realized there are two Star Wars threads.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Feb 19, 2019

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Always two there are

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

They've had ten tries already, surely on their 11th attempt, they will be able to make a good Star Wars movie.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They did. The only good one actually

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

CelticPredator posted:

Always two there are

There's way more than 2. Though I guess only 2 in CD.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

There is two in GBS

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

CelticPredator posted:

There is two in GBS

Oh, I don't go in there. No way.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 215 days!

thrawn527 posted:

There's way more than 2. Though I guess only 2 in CD.

The rest are merely bad threads, not terrible threads of the sith.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

CelticPredator posted:

They did. The only good one actually

They've only made one truly terrible one to be fair, but maybe the last jedi was just an aberration.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

No that’s the only good one. You’ve failed the test now you must narfel the garthok mother gently caress

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

CelticPredator posted:

No that’s the only good one. You’ve failed the test now you must narfel the garthok mother gently caress

I know you like tlj CP thats why I diss it.

Its a nothing film with a garbage muddled message that pisses on its own intentions leaving you confused and disoriented and that just makes it sound more interesting to watch than it actually was. The one thing it did make clear is that this 'trilogy' is going to be 3 films loosely based on a set of characters who may or may not be consistent.

The one good Star Wars film is the original TMNT movie but the esoteric decision making that renders it a star wars film is too detailed for me to post here.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s very good. But I’m over arguing with people about it so it’s cool

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

CelticPredator posted:

It’s very good. But I’m over arguing with people about it so it’s cool

You have a weak love for the film, so weak you won't even defend it's honour like the fair maiden you (supposedly) belive it to be. That's alright, it is because the film itself is weak and no flaw of your own.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m just tired dude. Life sucks.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

CelticPredator posted:

I’m just tired dude. Life sucks.

Yeah, sorry to say but it isn't just you. This is (one of the ways) how I distract me from the nightmare life is and will continue to be.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

MrFlibble posted:

I know you like tlj CP thats why I diss it.

Its a nothing film with a garbage muddled message that pisses on its own intentions leaving you confused and disoriented and that just makes it sound more interesting to watch than it actually was. The one thing it did make clear is that this 'trilogy' is going to be 3 films loosely based on a set of characters who may or may not be consistent.

The one good Star Wars film is the original TMNT movie but the esoteric decision making that renders it a star wars film is too detailed for me to post here.

My favorite consistent part of TLJ:

1) Holdo sacrificing herself for the 'greater good' was courageous, but
2) When Finn tries to do it, he's a misguided fool saved by :airquote: TRUE LOVE" :airquote:

my god this movie is bad.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Slutitution posted:

My favorite consistent part of TLJ:

1) Holdo sacrificing herself for the 'greater good' was courageous, but
2) When Finn tries to do it, he's a misguided fool saved by :airquote: TRUE LOVE" :airquote:

my god this movie is bad.

No you see Holdo saved everyone from certain death but if Finn had died it would have been in vain because Rey was just about to save them in the millennium falcon and stupid Finn just didn't realize.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I’m just glad that a Rose Tico series is in the works so we can hear from goons again about how she’s morbidly obese

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
rose tico is not especially attractive, which is good, because not especially attractive people can and should be compelling characters we tell great stories about

she's not obese, though, no idea where that came from except the internet being Bad

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
Rose is shockingly like Finn - a loving fantastic concept of a character with a great actor ruined by a loud wet fart of a script. The radical sister of a martyr who won't take no poo poo even when things are looking their bleakest? If you could maybe do that without a dumb power of love speech and maybe avoid saying that loosing animals made their mischeif worth it 5 yards away from child slaves then you might have something

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Canto Bight sucked rear end because for the 1% of a galactic galaxy it sure looked primitive because it way too closely aped a Casablanca aesthetic. The lovely deathstick bar in Attack of the Clones looks more cool and sci-fi.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

Canto Bight sucked rear end because for the 1% of a galactic galaxy it sure looked primitive because it way too closely aped a Casablanca aesthetic. The lovely deathstick bar in Attack of the Clones looks more cool and sci-fi.

The 1% don't like cool and sci-fi. The 1% like hotel lobbys.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

I wonder if Ki Adi Mundi is a Conehead to the Remulak Coneheads like the two Predator races are to each other in Predators.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

ungulateman posted:

rose tico is not especially attractive, which is good, because not especially attractive people can and should be compelling characters we tell great stories about

she's not obese, though, no idea where that came from except the internet being Bad

Rose Tico looks perfectly average and that's perfect. Everything else about her character unfortunately failed and I have no idea if I want to see her back or if they should just drop her.
They already have enough stuff they need to salvage without worrying about some side character with 0 chemistry with the rest of the cast.
On the other hand I want to see her back to see her salvaged and give a big middle finger to some of the haters.

I actually flagged some videos Youtube suggested me, regarding her, for inappropriate racist content. Seriously Youtube, why the hell would you suggest I watch that racist crap?

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
YouTube doesn’t care, that’s why.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Darth TNT posted:

Rose Tico looks perfectly average and that's perfect. Everything else about her character unfortunately failed and I have no idea if I want to see her back or if they should just drop her.
They already have enough stuff they need to salvage without worrying about some side character with 0 chemistry with the rest of the cast.
On the other hand I want to see her back to see her salvaged and give a big middle finger to some of the haters.

I actually flagged some videos Youtube suggested me, regarding her, for inappropriate racist content. Seriously Youtube, why the hell would you suggest I watch that racist crap?

Not sure if I've said it here or elsewhere already, but to me it felt like with Last Jedi that they had two separate story outlines to go with for the movie and rather than pick one and flesh it out, they just mashed the two together and called it good and as a result we ended up with characterizations suffering from it, especially the characters that got the most flack. I would've liked to have seen more of Holdo to get a better idea of how she's made it to Admiral and earned Leia's respect enough to be put in charge, or more of Rose to see why she's still sticking to the cause when everyone else is bailing out. Same could almost be said with Solo. It felt like they had a list of bullet points to hit and went with that when they could've just focused on Han and Chewbacca's meeting and how that ended up in Chewbacca's lifedebt to him, or Han and Lando's underworld shenanigans culminating in Han's winning the Falcon that either would've made for a better film and still left options for future movies.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

ruddiger posted:

I wonder if Ki Adi Mundi is a Conehead to the Remulak Coneheads like the two Predator races are to each other in Predators.
I’d buy two tickets for this film

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
A Star Wars TV show anchored by the Rose Tico "character" would provide for some great unintentional comedy, indeed. Do it, Disney.

They'll need to completely rewrite that "character" if they want the show to be taken seriously, though. They might as well create a new and interesting character from scratch, then.

Slutitution fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Feb 26, 2019

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

As long as it keeps outing the racist dumb people who really think cutting up toys will stick it to...someone, I'm all for it. Let's ignite the chuds.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

As long as it keeps outing the racist dumb people who really think cutting up toys will stick it to...someone, I'm all for it. Let's ignite the chuds.

ignite? no, when your only interest in a piece of media is that it pisses off the Bad People you're supposed to say 'triggering the chuds'

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I didn't want to say trigger. I wanted to do something else. Subvert expectations if you will.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

and much like TLJ you ultimately didn't subvert anything

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Slutitution posted:

A Star Wars TV show anchored by the Rose Tico "character" would provide for some great unintentional comedy, indeed. Do it, Disney.

They'll need to completely rewrite that "character" if they want the show to be taken seriously, though. They might as well create a new and interesting character from scratch, then.

Every episode will end with Rose hitting the thing she loves most with ever most insane vehicles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Brother Entropy posted:

and much like TLJ you ultimately didn't subvert anything

lol