Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
What sadist forced Julie Kavner to sing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

The line that will always make me laugh out loud no matter what is when Troy McClure finishes off his Foundation Repair bit with "Now parch the lathe!" That was such a good back and forth bit.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Frog Act posted:

In an earlier episode where they tell the story of grandpa giving Homer money for the house (by selling the house he built after he tries to give Homer cash, but it’s stolen by a bird) Marge is pregnant with Bart at the wedding

Who could actually ever care about that and see it as a plot hole?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Plan Z posted:

The line that will always make me laugh out loud no matter what is when Troy McClure finishes off his Foundation Repair bit with "Now parch the lathe!" That was such a good back and forth bit.
It's parge the lath, genius.

Unbelievable.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
No lath parger, you.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

The_Rob posted:

Who could actually ever care about that and see it as a plot hole?

It wasn't a one off joke, though. The episode was dedicated to the origin of how they got their house.

Of course, there was also the episode where Homer and Marge were living in an apartment until Lisa was born.

...and then also the episode where Homer and Marge were already living in their house before Bart was even born...

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Mr Interweb posted:

It wasn't a one off joke, though. The episode was dedicated to the origin of how they got their house.

Of course, there was also the episode where Homer and Marge were living in an apartment until Lisa was born.

...and then also the episode where Homer and Marge were already living in their house before Bart was even born...

Even in The Good Seasons the flashback episodes were frequently very inconsistent.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Iron Crowned posted:

The synopses read like a "I fed 10,000 hours of Simpsons Episodes into an AI and this is what was vomited out" posts.

See I like this because you can read the AI two ways:

Capital A capital I as in Artificial Intelligence

Or

Capital A lower case l as in Al Jean.

And it works both ways.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Rascar Capac posted:

No lath parger, you.
paaaaaarge
you're lathing my heeeeaarrrrttt

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Strudel Man posted:

It's parge the lath, genius.

Unbelievable.

Me parch lathe? That's unpargable!"

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
After a long day of napping at work, Homer heads to Moe's. The Happy Hour beer, normally $3, is now $3.25. Homer complains, saying he only has the usual $3 (which he demonstrates by pulling his shoe off and dumping three waded bills on the counter). Moe says it's because the city passed a new sales tax. Upset and sober, Homer decides he's going to repeal the new sales tax so he can enjoy his cheap beer again. He tells his plan to the family at dinner, to which Lisa volunteers to be his campaign manager. The next day, Homer and Lisa have scheduled their campaign announcement at Moe's. No one turns up except for Kirk Van Houten (who is just there for the free Happy Hour wings that Moe lets slip are just friends rats). Upset that no one showed up, Homer goes on a Twitter rant, attacking local celebrities and media. This creates some minor buzz, resulting in a few more people at the next campaign stop (the Kwik-E-Mart). Put off by the actual physical work required to campaign, Homer decides that poo poo posting from the couch is a winning strategy. He spends the rest of the episode poo poo posting and watching ALF reruns as Lisa begs him to stop and run a more traditional campaign.

Meanwhile, Marge becomes convinced that she can use Homer's position on the city council to advance her own agenda of cleaning and greening up Springfield. She becomes paranoid that other people are working to bring her and Homer down. With Bart helping her, they hatch a plan to use Ned's naivety to dig into what the townspeople are up to and find out who the real enemies are.

Ultimately Homer's poo poo posting causes him to win in a landslide. Marge's activities come to light due to Ned keeping extensive notes and sharing them with Kent Brockman. Homer is forced to resign before even taking office. He ends up outside Moe's, dancing for quarters to afford his beer.

Min_sora
Oct 21, 2008

Frog Act posted:

Yeah it comes on a stream I watch from time to time and I always have to change it, because its just such so unfathomably bad. the whole cast as dogs singing off key. the hideous 2008 era animation. baffling violence and aggression between homer dog and marge dog. lovely references to other movies instead of jokes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEIPXhU2-uk

if anyone can watch this and not want to run screaming in the opposite direction i dont want to know them

edit: brutal double whammy on the thread with this song

The dog part sucks, but who decided on the love story parody of Sid Vicious and Nancy Spungen? Ending with them lovingly deciding to go and get wasted (on chocolate) in a hotel room.

Min_sora fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Feb 20, 2019

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

SirPablo posted:

After a long day of napping at work, Homer heads to Moe's. The Happy Hour beer, normally $3, is now $3.25. Homer complains, saying he only has the usual $3 (which he demonstrates by pulling his shoe off and dumping three waded bills on the counter). Moe says it's because the city passed a new sales tax. Upset and sober, Homer decides he's going to repeal the new sales tax so he can enjoy his cheap beer again. He tells his plan to the family at dinner, to which Lisa volunteers to be his campaign manager. The next day, Homer and Lisa have scheduled their campaign announcement at Moe's. No one turns up except for Kirk Van Houten (who is just there for the free Happy Hour wings that Moe lets slip are just friends rats). Upset that no one showed up, Homer goes on a Twitter rant, attacking local celebrities and media. This creates some minor buzz, resulting in a few more people at the next campaign stop (the Kwik-E-Mart). Put off by the actual physical work required to campaign, Homer decides that poo poo posting from the couch is a winning strategy. He spends the rest of the episode poo poo posting and watching ALF reruns as Lisa begs him to stop and run a more traditional campaign.

Meanwhile, Marge becomes convinced that she can use Homer's position on the city council to advance her own agenda of cleaning and greening up Springfield. She becomes paranoid that other people are working to bring her and Homer down. With Bart helping her, they hatch a plan to use Ned's naivety to dig into what the townspeople are up to and find out who the real enemies are.

Ultimately Homer's poo poo posting causes him to win in a landslide. Marge's activities come to light due to Ned keeping extensive notes and sharing them with Kent Brockman. Homer is forced to resign before even taking office. He ends up outside Moe's, dancing for quarters to afford his beer.

Guest starring: Kamala Harris, Imagine Dragons

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

tote up a bags posted:

Don't you threaten me.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

tote up a bags posted:

About 3 years too early

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Was there a heavy-handed TAXES ARE BAD message thrown into the episode or no? I always forget how conservative new Simpsons leans.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
One beer ain't gonna do poo poo with his weigh and tolerance, he'll be giving wristies and gobbies in the bathroom for change

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

CodfishCartographer posted:

Was there a heavy-handed TAXES ARE BAD message thrown into the episode or no? I always forget how conservative new Simpsons leans.

and is Lisa still the bleeding-heart liberal stand-in because you'd assume she'd be for taxes, and wouldn't help

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The finger thing means the taxes

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
They already did TAXES ARE BAD with the bear patrol tax

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
If they can retcon how homer and Marge met I'm sure they can repeat stuff

No one's watching anyway

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Nonviolent J posted:

No one's watching anyway

If they had a tombstone that read simpsons in the next halloween episode and it's epitaph was what you wrote I'd get a little smile out of it at least

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

snack eater posted:

They already did TAXES ARE BAD with the bear patrol tax

That wasn't the show saying taxes are bad though. That was the show making fun of people who are rabidly anti tax irrespective of what the taxes are actually for

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Fried Watermelon posted:

The finger thing means the taxes

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Riptor posted:

That wasn't the show saying taxes are bad though. That was the show making fun of people who are rabidly anti tax irrespective of what the taxes are actually for

It turned into an immigration episode.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

SirPablo posted:

That is correct

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
Question: Imagine you have the ability to do Hank Azaria or Juile Kavners voices. Fox contacts you and offers a contact for 300K per episode for the next 25 seasons or more. You may phone in the voice work literally. Would you accept the offer or save the simpsons?

Personally I would take 300K for an hour of work a week the rest of my life. Hence why the simpsons will go on until one of those voice actors die.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

CodfishCartographer posted:

That's probably the most bizarre part of modern simpsons to me

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

DropsySufferer posted:

Question: Imagine you have the ability to do Hank Azaria or Juile Kavners voices. Fox contacts you and offers a contact for 300K per episode for the next 25 seasons or more. You may phone in the voice work literally. Would you accept the offer or save the simpsons?

Personally I would take 300K for an hour of work a week the rest of my life. Hence why the simpsons will go on until one of those voice actors die.

There's no way any replacement voice actors get decent pay.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

There's no way any replacement voice actors get decent pay.

Yeah, they may only get 30K an episode instead of 300K.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
They'd have a base salary of like 65k and then be given a condition where their pay can drop if the ratings go down.

And then that's the excuse used to take it out back.

We really tried, but the new voices weren't what fans wanted so :downsgun:

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

SirPablo posted:

immigration was what was blamed for the high taxes in the first place

since we're on the subject, two things:

- the tax message was a tad muddled because on the one hand, the show's mocking people who are anti-tax even though it was literally the lowest tax hike in history. on the other hand though, the bear patrol, which was supposed to be a reference to the pentagon, was also one of the cheapest (if not THE cheapest) agency ever created, as opposed to how ridiculously bloated the pentagon actually is.
- like many episodes, i wound up appreciating it even more when i got older and realized that cities don't actually have the power to deport people

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
either the show is ham-handed or overly subtle in communicating political messages, so as far as unpolitics go it's as bad as south park

*constant slams on the clintons*

*zero mention of george bush in an eight year presidency*

who is worse politics man???? :shuckyes:

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q34Qxl5HINg

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

either the show is ham-handed or overly subtle in communicating political messages, so as far as unpolitics go it's as bad as south park

*constant slams on the clintons*

*zero mention of george bush in an eight year presidency*

who is worse politics man???? :shuckyes:

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

If they had a tombstone that read simpsons in the next halloween episode and it's epitaph was what you wrote I'd get a little smile out of it at least

(The joke is above on this tombstone)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

*Constant zings at Fox and right-wing talking heads that go to what seems like a carefully calculated leash length*

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah but homer literally fights Bush

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
But Jimmy Carter is smarter is history's greatest monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

i made a thread for more positive memories of the simpsons