Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

sebmojo posted:

Hopper is a lady, which would have raised all kind of problems with outdated sexist rule adjudications in the early days of the game so that change is something we can be grateful for.

Frankly I have some real problems with the style of play e.g. wrt what constitutes a station these days, I'm not even sure you can call it Mornington Crescent any more, though tbf I wouldn't have any objections to calling it 'a station game originally based on MC', I'm not a purist lol

Your clarification is appreciated in both matters, that of Hopper and of the rules, and I agree with you re: it's great that the Rules Committee has adjusted their adjudication guidelines; Mornington Crescent is for everyone.

Anyway, before we debate its future one supposes we ought to complete this round, anyway station definitions can vary as shown in Hawley-Smoot vs Saintjohn Smythe in 1915, although your suggestion bears fruit for future discussions of the metagame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

:fuckoff:

Slippery posted:

Your clarification is appreciated in both matters, that of Hopper and of the rules, and I agree with you re: it's great that the Rules Committee has adjusted their adjudication guidelines; Mornington Crescent is for everyone.

Anyway, before we debate its future one supposes we ought to complete this round, anyway station definitions can vary as shown in Hawley-Smoot vs Saintjohn Smythe in 1915, although your suggestion bears fruit for future discussions of the metagame.

I've never done this but isn't the round over when seb said MC?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I knew putting up this poster of the Tube network would come in handy again someday

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Oh, did I not give the Knifecrime Island version of Calvinball its due respect? :nallears:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Oh, did I not give the Knifecrime Island version of Calvinball its due respect? :nallears:

Why are you acting like such an rear end in a top hat?

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I've never done this but isn't the round over when seb said MC?

Huh, I honestly didn't know that. I always saw it end when someone got there :) But, copy, let's move forward :)

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Slippery posted:

Huh, I honestly didn't know that. I always saw it end when someone got there :) But, copy, let's move forward :)

It seems like I've totally misunderstood the rules of apparently the easiest game ever. You actually have to say station names in the right order? I thought it was just any station name you like. I wasn't actually trying to kill the game :ohdear:

I should probably listen to a couple of episodes of the show it originated on :downs:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

sebmojo posted:

Hopper is a lady, which would have raised all kind of problems with outdated sexist rule adjudications in the early days of the game so that change is something we can be grateful for.

Frankly I have some real problems with the style of play e.g. wrt what constitutes a station these days, I'm not even sure you can call it Mornington Crescent any more, though tbf I wouldn't have any objections to calling it 'a station game originally based on MC', I'm not a purist lol

There are no rules against this sort of backdoor play, but I feel like it's against the spirit of the thing. Humph, could we have a ruling on the legality of this move?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Why are you acting like such an rear end in a top hat?
:actually:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Absurd Alhazred posted:

You can take the mod away from the joyless pedant forum, but you can't take the joyless pedantry away from the ex-mod

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Antivehicular posted:

You can take the mod away from the joyless pedant forum, but you can't take the joyless pedantry away from the ex-mod

lol

u r a fart

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Knifecrime Island actually hasn't been a valid play since the council shut that place down in 96

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

Snow Cone Capone posted:

It seems like I've totally misunderstood the rules of apparently the easiest game ever. You actually have to say station names in the right order? I thought it was just any station name you like. I wasn't actually trying to kill the game :ohdear:

You can't really say you killed the game when it never officially started, with no setup or ruleset or anything, so this has really just been an impromptu pseudo-discussion on different tactics and concepts, with a brief aside to consider Brexit and its added complications. If you want to talk about killing the game, I didn't see anyone asking why anyone would even want to go to Mornington Cresent after Article 50, which is my main concern.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Wait was this whole poo poo about brexit or something? I thought it was random nonsense.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Queen Combat posted:

Wait was this whole poo poo about brexit or something? I thought it was random nonsense.

Like I said earlier, it's some kind of British version of Calvinball.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Queen Combat posted:

It might as well be, state of the game the days
:goonsay:

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
i have decided to murder each and every one of you, starting with the funniest and working my way down

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
*cracks knuckles* gonna be here awhile.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

pikachode posted:

i have decided to murder each and every one of you, starting with the funniest and working my way down
start in reverse order so i don't die waiting

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

pikachode posted:

So this is what it feels like to be safe

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

pikachode posted:

could i get a dispensation and jump the queue

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Queen Combat posted:

*cracks knuckles* gonna be here awhile.

I know, right? Anyone got a deck of cards?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Phy posted:

I know, right? Anyone got a deck of cards?

We could pass the time with a nice game of Mornington Crescent?

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Memento posted:

We could pass the time with a nice game of Mornington Crescent?

Uhh... something something international version, John o' Groats?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Can't we just beat each other with blunt objects like civilised people?

Slippery posted:

It really does sound like he's talking about the one with the Urban Assault Vehicle.

Makes me consider dropping in to GiP and asking what they think of that movie, in which joining the army is apparently Shenanigans.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Can't we just beat each other with blunt objects like civilised people?

Makes me consider dropping in to GiP and asking what they think of that movie, in which joining the army is apparently Shenanigans.

Uhh, spoiler alert, from someone who spent six years there (both GiP and in)

gently caress the army

Anything that makes fun of it, or shows it for the shitshow that it really is, generally flies over well.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:hmmyes:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Queen Combat posted:

Uhh, spoiler alert, from someone who spent six years there (both GiP and in)

gently caress the army

Anything that makes fun of it, or shows it for the shitshow that it really is, generally flies over well.

:hai:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

waah posted:

Scrooged is the best Bill Murray movie

You are correct.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

but what about but what about bob?

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Leperflesh posted:

but what about but what about bob?

What about it?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

nothing really, I've just always wanted to say that

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

What About Bob was awesome. I liked the mean old people that hated the therapist for buying a house they wanted.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Baby steps off the bus.

*raucous applause*

guestimate
Nov 10, 2011

Why was Baloogan permabanned?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

guestimate posted:

Why was Baloogan permabanned?

He posted leaked nude images of Melania Trump, check out the leper colony some time

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
I like to think its karmic retribution for probating me for ragging on the anime

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

sneakyfrog posted:

I like to think its karmic retribution for probating me for ragging on the anime

there's a nude melania trump anime?!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i wouldn't be surprised but i would post the gently caress anime poster in response to that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

im ok with that