Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

bEatmstrJ posted:

Here's my entry. I found this at a furniture auction. Probably the only way to sell something like this.

Dumb poo poo I would buy and then immediately regret the first time I scraped a shin on all those roses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Yeah I was thinking of a kid tripping and stamping a bloody flower print into their forehead

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

The print alone just carries this one.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

there wolf posted:

Gonna put that in my beige and teal “Pueblo“ themed room.

My childhood bedroom between the ages of 6 and 14 was Pueblo themed. I was a very classy kid. Looking forward to that style coming back.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Feb 19, 2019

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

Suspect Bucket posted:

Gonna put that in my beige and teal “Pueblo“ themed room.

My childhood bedroom between the ages of 6 and 14 was Pueblo themed. I was a very classy kid. Looking forward to that style coming back.

The couch is upholstered in the same fabric they use for bus seats.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

there wolf posted:

I like it :colbert:

but it needs a really well curated room around it to look good

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TheMightyHandful posted:

The couch is upholstered in the same fabric they use for bus seats.

I call it the "Jake Sisko"

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Subjunctive posted:

Do you have a reference for this? I can only find a 1999 study on small children that explicitly disclaims causation (and I don’t have access to the whole article).

Not sure, possibly linked to that study.

there wolf posted:

Yeah but it's Finland so how light does it ever really get?

100% bright daylight for almost 24 hours in the summer.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

wooger posted:

Not sure, possibly linked to that study.

100% bright daylight for almost 24 hours in the summer.

If by bright you mean a weird twilight that fucks up your circadian rhythms, then yes.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

A house for people who loving LOVE carpet

Probably the only carpeted kitchen to be described as "remodeled"

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

This gave me such a visceral reaction...

:barf:

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

oh my god it's like living in an rv

the bathroom carpet is … … self-aware

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

What is even happening around the toilet?

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Youth Decay posted:

A house for people who loving LOVE carpet
Probably the only carpeted kitchen to be described as

Grim stuff. Ive recently viewed a slight fixer upper house for sale in the UK which had carpet tiles in the kitchen for some reason, whilst having what looked like a pretty new kitchen. Weird, especially as the rest of the ground floor had wood floors.

there wolf posted:

If by bright you mean a weird twilight that fucks up your circadian rhythms, then yes.

Depends how far north you go. It’s definitely odd and hard to adjust to while visiting for a week or two.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
$100 on water damage under the carpet tiles.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Sooo like a year and a half ago I posted some pics of a mid 60s double brick house I had just bought, due to the sheer ridiculousness of the decor.

So I did some renovations, and thought I might show a few of the rooms off. My partner has all of the design skills, I just execute the vision, with a little help from her dad.

Here we go:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Pretty happy with how all the flooring/paint ended up. Wanted to keep the mid-century thing going but with a bit less of the grosser elements of the period.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

there wolf posted:

$100 on water damage under the carpet tiles.

Or a flip that ran out of money and said gently caress it.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Don Dongington posted:

Sooo like a year and a half ago I posted some pics of a mid 60s double brick house I had just bought, due to the sheer ridiculousness of the decor.

So I did some renovations, and thought I might show a few of the rooms off. My partner has all of the design skills, I just execute the vision, with a little help from her dad.

Here we go:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Pretty happy with how all the flooring/paint ended up. Wanted to keep the mid-century thing going but with a bit less of the grosser elements of the period.

That looks fantastic!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Kawaii redo, op!!!

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Don Dongington posted:

This is an amazing reno and I love that you guys preserved the mid-century details and the overall character of the house. Nice job!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Facebook Aunt posted:

Inflatable furniture: The smart choice so when the tornado/hurricane/flood comes your furniture just harmlessly flies away instead of becoming a pile of mouldy splinters.

Much to my roommate's chagrin, inflatable furniture does not bode well when cats abound.

peanut posted:

oh my god it's like living in an rv

the bathroom carpet is … … self-aware

People who carpet bathrooms are literal monsters. I grew up in a house where the previous owners had carpeted the bathroom, it was disgusting. In my early teens my dad at least tore up that poo poo and put down linoleum.

absolem
May 21, 2014

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 [is] immoral
insofar as it is coercive towards someone, yes

I am retarded and compassion is overrated.

AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS

Don Dongington posted:

Here we go:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Seems like you mostly managed to trade feeling dated for feeling cramped, but maybe that's just the pictures. The new bathroom seems like it's from a different house

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

absolem posted:

Seems like you mostly managed to trade feeling dated for feeling cramped, but maybe that's just the pictures. The new bathroom seems like it's from a different house

I strongly suspect the old photos were taken with a fisheye lens or other distortion. It's a common trick to make rooms seem bigger than they are.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Don Dongington posted:

You mean not drinking scotch at noon and beating up your spouse can be an aesthetic decision?

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I'm real glad you kept the ceiling beams, they're fantastic.

Also, you have a shrine to your TV.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
:siren: word art spotted below TV, 3/10 :siren:

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

PRADA SLUT posted:

:siren: word art spotted below TV, 3/10 :siren:

This is the "but you gently caress one goat" of interior design, isn't it?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I'd like to hear about the decision to replace the shower door with a shower curtain.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

That ain't no shower door, that's a single panel fixed partition. I assume there's a shower fixture on the right wall there despite there obviously being a tub spout on the left but no actual bathtub.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Excellent dogs, OP. 10/10, would exclaim 'dog!!!' at again.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Breath Ray posted:

I'd like to hear about the decision to replace the shower door with a shower curtain.

Adding a bathtub tends to lead to a shower curtain.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I don't have one with my tub! And ive got one of those wire tray things too!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Adding a bathtub tends to lead to a shower curtain.

Yup. Not a big fan of subway tile, but I love the floor choice.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Breath Ray posted:

I don't have one with my tub! And ive got one of those wire tray things too!

Do you have a shower? If so, what keeps the water from the shower in the tub?

I know Europeans are much more fond of partial glass or other barriers for their bath/showers.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
Growing up, we had a tub with a sliding door; there were tracks on the tub rim for the door to rest in. Meant you couldn't comfortably rest your arms on the side of the tub, I guess. This was California so proper baths using lots of water weren't much of a thing.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I had a door in my shower/bath combo growing up. The track and door had a rubberized seal to keep water from getting through.

That track would get loving nauseatingly disgusting. My mom sucked at cleaning and my dad didn't, so I ended up digging out all the gunk in there while I was showering.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Excellent questiom. The door covers the half of the tub nearest the shower head and gravity takes care of everything else trajectory wise. You do need a lot more viakal than with a shower curtain but for me it's worthwhile

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

My inlaws have a track / glass door on their tub and I bang my foot on it all the time when I'm getting in/out.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

RoboRodent posted:

I'm real glad you kept the ceiling beams, they're fantastic.

Also, you have a shrine to your TV.

Yeah, replace that thing with a turntable and install a drop-down projector screen in its stead.

I honestly prefer what the previous owners did with that alcove and their TV. OP, the tv looks cramped and weird in that space and it does look sorta enshrined or structural there.

The best/easiest solution is to put the TV against or on the wall with the sconces or in a corner like the previous owners’.

Otherwise lovely job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

I think it looks fine. It looks mounted on the wall with the wiring hidden by the speaker. I'm not a huge fan of the furniture in the nook but your reno looks great.