Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
And if someone, like Rial, had freaked out and ran off stage or refused to show up at a con, they'd be labeled difficult.

Hell, at a Wal-mart job I had, I reported a guy for stealing and slacking so hard at his job that it affected the customers, and I was the one who got fired, for rudeness, because on a particulaly bad day I came in asked what the gently caress was going on with them just letting him do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Somebody apparently SWATted the Alterna Comics guy.

https://twitter.com/Doncates/status/1095562577948614657

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lotta people with Punisher avatars rushing into the replies with bad takes.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm not sure who Peter Simeti is or what he did to get on some people's bad side but even if he's a poo poo head you don't SWAT someone. That kinda poo poo has gotten someone killed before. If he's a poo poo bag then call him out on this poo poo he does and make him suffer that way. Don't endanger his life like that.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lurdiak posted:

Lotta people with Punisher avatars rushing into the replies with bad takes.

Have they come out and proudly declared Cates a CG supporter for essentially not wanting somebody to die? It felt like it was trending that way when I stopped.

X-O posted:

I'm not sure who Peter Simeti is or what he did to get on some people's bad side but even if he's a poo poo head you don't SWAT someone. That kinda poo poo has gotten someone killed before. If he's a poo poo bag then call him out on this poo poo he does and make him suffer that way. Don't endanger his life like that.

Simeti's Alterna Comics is a CG-adjacent indie publisher.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Dawgstar posted:

Have they come out and proudly declared Cates a CG supporter for essentially not wanting somebody to die? It felt like it was trending that way when I stopped.

Pretty much.

Dawgstar posted:

Simeti's Alterna Comics is a CG-adjacent indie publisher.

Didn't he ultimately drop the bad alt-right comic?

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

Cates himself put a stop to this by saying CG was garbage.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Lurdiak posted:

Didn't he ultimately drop the bad alt-right comic?
I don't even think Alterna Comics ever had a real alt-right comic in the hopper (Antarctic Press did, and all of the "Fly By Night Publishers That Name Themselves Something That Gets Them Close To the Front of Previews" blur together and no one seems to keep them straight.)

The CG-adjacent stuff at Alterna is their publisher (Peter Simeti) kept refusing to say anything unkind about Comicsgate because they're grateful for EVERY reader and some people are trying to SHAME him into not being grateful to each and every person who supports them but he will not be shamed and then he started blocking anyone who was vocally anti-CG. This was because he was retweeting literally any account mentioning/praising one of his comics, even if the rest of the message was about how they bought an Alterna book rather than some cucked SJW Marvel book edited by a feminazi or whatever bullshit CG was on that week. When the whole "you're signal boosting abuse" thing came up, he blocked the people who brought it up.

He then updated the Code of Conduct for employees/freelancers at Alterna to state that they could not insult fans or groups of fans and were not allowed to [s]block[s] blockchain on Twitter because think about it, every person you block could be a potential customer! See at Alterna, we value each and every fan as a potential customer and unlike at those other big companies we'd never condemn or belittle a potential customer just because they have abhorrent views, or harass people online, or harass our creators, we're a company that respects the fans! It is a complete coincidence that I, the publisher of Alterna Comics, appear on a ton of CG-affiliated streams and blogs, I have no idea whatever you are implying!

https://twitter.com/petersimeti/status/1094374776079032320

There's a lot of weird coincidences like that!

Anyway, SWATTing is terrible it should not have been done assuming it was actually done, I will be curious to see if there's any follow up on this.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Edge & Christian posted:

I don't even think Alterna Comics ever had a real alt-right comic in the hopper (Antarctic Press did, and all of the "Fly By Night Publishers That Name Themselves Something That Gets Them Close To the Front of Previews" blur together and no one seems to keep them straight.)

The CG-adjacent stuff at Alterna is their publisher (Peter Simeti) kept refusing to say anything unkind about Comicsgate because they're grateful for EVERY reader and some people are trying to SHAME him into not being grateful to each and every person who supports them but he will not be shamed and then he started blocking anyone who was vocally anti-CG. This was because he was retweeting literally any account mentioning/praising one of his comics, even if the rest of the message was about how they bought an Alterna book rather than some cucked SJW Marvel book edited by a feminazi or whatever bullshit CG was on that week. When the whole "you're signal boosting abuse" thing came up, he blocked the people who brought it up.

He then updated the Code of Conduct for employees/freelancers at Alterna to state that they could not insult fans or groups of fans and were not allowed to [s]block[s] blockchain on Twitter because think about it, every person you block could be a potential customer! See at Alterna, we value each and every fan as a potential customer and unlike at those other big companies we'd never condemn or belittle a potential customer just because they have abhorrent views, or harass people online, or harass our creators, we're a company that respects the fans! It is a complete coincidence that I, the publisher of Alterna Comics, appear on a ton of CG-affiliated streams and blogs, I have no idea whatever you are implying!

https://twitter.com/petersimeti/status/1094374776079032320

There's a lot of weird coincidences like that!

Anyway, SWATTing is terrible it should not have been done assuming it was actually done, I will be curious to see if there's any follow up on this.

Yeah he sounds like a douche alright, but whoever decided it would be a fun prank to SWAT him is an even bigger rear end in a top hat. That is of course if it even happened at all like you said.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Okay. I'll be the rear end in a top hat.

I don't believe it happened.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Being skeptical of someone like that doesn't make you an rear end in a top hat. But it's also good for other people like Cates to put it out there that if something like that did happen it's not ok.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
100% agree, not okay at all.

Still doubt it happened.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

Okay. I'll be the rear end in a top hat.

I don't believe it happened.

Nah. The burden of proof is absolutely on the chuds. Already I can hear the endless streams EVS will make on it, where heretofore the worst thing that's happened to a CG person is somebody sent Ethan a picture of their butthole.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

Nah. The burden of proof is absolutely on the chuds. Already I can hear the endless streams EVS will make on it, where heretofore the worst thing that's happened to a CG person is somebody sent Ethan a picture of their butthole.

I saw that he made a video about the guy threatening to sue him over the Captain Marvel charity.

One day, all this has to bite him in the rear end.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
He's just lucky he's not black.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
It could be something a chud did that they're going to blame on libs.

When Gunn was fired, libs and their callout culture were blamed for a while until Mike c started trying to cancel everyone else who said something bad about Trump. Chuds already have a beef with this guy for not serving their garbage to the public instead of just their own garbage

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Yeah, I'm betting that while he did enable a lot of CHUDs with his "all our fans are important" equivicating bullshit, he also pissed them off by refusing to condemn the SJWs.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
This sounds like a real shitshow.

More at: Well-known cosplay photographer Michael Benedict has allegedly admitted that he has filmed individuals in changing rooms without their consent.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Anora posted:

Hell, at a Wal-mart job I had, I reported a guy for stealing and slacking so hard at his job that it affected the customers, and I was the one who got fired, for rudeness, because on a particulaly bad day I came in asked what the gently caress was going on with them just letting him do that.

I would have also fired you for being a snitch

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Holy poo poo. That's a serious criminal offense in most states.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Whoa! The cops need to get involved with that.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/NakatomiTim/status/1095895270079033344?s=19

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Guess I was right.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Cosplay culture is full of "Photographers" who are huge creeps trying to either sleep with their models or pull poo poo like this. I'm not saying every single one, obviously, but it's happened before, a lot. What sucks is that the public get 100 times angrier at a popular cosplayer who shows a lot of skin than they do at creepazoids like this.

Shoulda known when the coordinated takes started popping up 10 minutes after it 'happened'.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

clearly the police are in league with the SJWs and obviously they used their influence to have any reports scrubbed also I saw on CSI that reports like these are confidential so you wouldn't be able to see them which is why

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Doublepost, but:

https://twitter.com/petersimeti/status/1096057804744519680

"Don't accuse anybody but it's cool if somebody else accuses somebody."

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
https://twitter.com/jknightgraphics/status/1097263699507728385

The chuds are getting restless.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Incidentally, Bounding Into Comics guy is trying to jump onto the Mortal Kombat 11 ginned-up controversy train, because it features the return of two female characters who are now fully dressed, rather than fighting in string bikinis as they were in 2011's Mortal Kombat.

I am somewhat cheered by seeing that a lot of his feedback so far has been "Yeah, they started doing that four years ago, broseph, where you been?"

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I question, more then most games, someone who needs wank material in a Mortal Kombat game.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
I'm sure it's because they're perfectly normal and stable individuals.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
https://twitter.com/EthanVanSciver/status/1097399281466646528

I've looked everywhere but can't find any info on this, what the hell is going on with Pensacon?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
IF Ethan did have a phone conversation there's no way it wasn't 100% somebody loving with him.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

TheHan posted:

I've looked everywhere but can't find any info on this, what the hell is going on with Pensacon?

I got curious and looked myself. Everything I can see about a problem there right now is either from Bounding Into Comics or a random YouTube video, which links its source as one of EVS's videos.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

TheHan posted:

https://twitter.com/EthanVanSciver/status/1097399281466646528

Looks to be Vic whatshisname drama.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

fritz posted:

Killer Queen has already [Touched] that tweet.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

fritz posted:

It is. Uncle Ethan and company have boldly picked up the cause of defending a sex pest.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Looks like Monica Rial is a guest at Pensacon, and the Vic defenders are up in arms about that.

Agent_grey
Jan 8, 2007

Scrub-a-Dub-Dub!
I was once on a weird anime panel game show at a UK convention with Monica Rial's dad. I was pretty hungover cause it was an early event but it was fun.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/spookperson/status/1097564030179241990

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Green Intern posted:

Looks like Monica Rial is a guest at Pensacon, and the Vic defenders are up in arms about that.

Monica hasn't tweeted in over a week thanks to the chuds going all the way out of their entire minds that she A) believed victims and B) had her own Creepy Vic story.