Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's a CBRN tarp. How dull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

goatface posted:

It's a CBRN tarp. How dull.

It's an inanimate CBRN tarp!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I was having trouble breathing I was laughing so hard at this last strip, holy gently caress :xd:

I love Newspaper Spider-Man so loving much

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

MJ was right though. Having Purps screaming while a tarp covers him is way more fun than an unconscious purple man

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
This arc's been almost as gloriously stupid as the Clown Nine arc. :allears:

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I still want to see this Daredevil conversation where he imparted Killgrave's secret weakness.

"So this purple guy controls people with his voice?"
"Yeah but if you throw something on him he flips the gently caress out"
"What? Like what?"
"Just boxes or sheets or anything. It's really weird. I found it out by accident."
"Wonder what that's about"
"Who knows but a tarp fell on him during our last confrontation and he ran screaming into a wall so hard he got amnesia."

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I really relate to Killgrave here.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Killgrave in his blanket fort.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
When was this legendary Clown Nine arc published?

I keep hearing people talking about it, and I'm really curious about what that arc could have been about.

The other thing I hear people bring up is Rocket Racoon being Peter's son?

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Space Son

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

When was this legendary Clown Nine arc published?

I keep hearing people talking about it, and I'm really curious about what that arc could have been about.

They might be linked in the OP, but can't remember exactly dates.

You really need to see it, but the gist is a failed comedian dress up as a clown and use gadgets to cause mischief and somehow Spider-Man is powerless to stop him. The other is a later arc where Peter and MJ meets Rocket during a road trip and had to pretend he's their son in a costume when people asked.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

The best part is that Clown Nine's descent into villainy involves dialogue to the effect of, "When I wear this clown costume, I'll be on cloud nine...so I'll call myself Clown Nine!".

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Man I should really go through the archives and read from the beginning I guess, poo poo sounds whack.

Might as well find out where gronk first originated as well.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Man I should really go through the archives and read from the beginning I guess, poo poo sounds whack.

Clown 9 starts in April 2012, but yes, I can highly recommend reading it all. NSM has been batshit for literal decades.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

You have to read the Rocket Racoon arc, it’s as wonderful and pure as the love Peter and MJ had for their beautiful space-son

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Are we sure that MJ doesn't have some kind of latent reality-warping power and this has been the greatest long-game in comic book history? It would explain a lot.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Gronk was the Lizard/Hulk arc from last year (?). It was the strip's idea of the sound an alligator makes.

My favorite is when Spider-Man is shrunk down and realizing that while he has the proportional strength of a spider, so does a spider.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gronk is from the Everglades arc which was before the Iron Fist arc before this one.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

If you go to the Newspaper Comic thread, they just finished Clown 9's arc. Read it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The GRONNK! arc also delivered some exceptional photoshops, including this beautiful thing

Daeren posted:

I call it the Herpetologist's Apprentice.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Samovar posted:

If you go to the Newspaper Comic thread, they just finished Clown 9's arc. Read it.

Here's the start of it, I think. It takes about 4 weeks to set up to the proper appearance of Clown 9 but I guess it's all about build-up.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost
I've never laughed so hard at a newspaper comic strip before.
Reading this is like experiencing a terrible, wonderful fever dream.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

a disoriented kilgrave stumbles off the roof and as the sheet flies off him he commands MJ, Peter and Luke to take a swan dive themselves. All plummet to their deaths.

Wait, can't Peter save them after they jump off with his web-oh, right. Newspaper Spider-Man.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

wasn't the daredevil arc from like 15 years ago?

Glad I wasn't the only one who felt like they were going crazy. The previous arc was Iron Fist, not Daredevil.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
This is literally a plot point from a Daredevil comic that is 55 years old

And even then he had the sense to tie him up quickly and not rely on Purple Man lacking the ability to remove a sheet from his head

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Uhh, how did he breathe?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Push El Burrito posted:

Uhh, how did he breathe?

He hibernated

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Push El Burrito posted:

Uhh, how did he breathe?

He breathed just fine back then because his throat wasn't smashed to poo poo.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Zeeman posted:

This is literally a plot point from a Daredevil comic that is 55 years old

And even then he had the sense to tie him up quickly and not rely on Purple Man lacking the ability to remove a sheet from his head

:allears: and that's why we love NSM.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Wait, so back in the day, Purple Man was just a man wearing purple? That's somehow more grounded and far less outlandish than the current comic.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Jerry Cotton posted:

He breathed just fine back then because his throat wasn't smashed to poo poo.

Daredevil just put a plastic bag over his head and tied it off.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Push El Burrito posted:

Daredevil just put a plastic bag over his head and tied it off.

It's chemically-treated with oxygen.

Hopefully no-one throws a cigarette butt at him.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Push El Burrito posted:

Uhh, how did he breathe?

Very carefully.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Push El Burrito posted:

Uhh, how did he breathe?

Pocket of air.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Alhazred posted:

Pocket of air.

OK so with Killgrave and Dale Gribble we've got air and earth covered; who have the pockets of fire and water?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Haifisch posted:

Clown 9 starts in April 2012, but yes, I can highly recommend reading it all. NSM has been batshit for literal decades.

When you consider that Miles Morales saved most of the Marvel Universe with an old cheeseburger he found in his pocket, it's not that far off model.

Speaking of batshit, I see that Facebook's "On This Day" reminded me that I finished Old Man Logan a few years ago today. What I wouldn't give for that kookoo-bananas horseshit to have been adapted instead of mutating into Logan.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

When you consider that Miles Morales saved most of the Marvel Universe with an old cheeseburger he found in his pocket, it's not that far off model.

Wait what

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Zerilan posted:

Wait what

Secret Wars from 2015

There is some absolutely incredible stuff in it.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Now, now, he didn't save the world with a cheeseburger.

He only saved his family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Zerilan posted:

Wait what

Doom created the Doomiverse (I think I'm not mixing stories up) by imprisoning a guy with reality-warping powers who's name I forget. That guy was put in the center of the earth or a pocket dimension or something, able to live forever but still hungry (insert Chrono Trigger reference here). When Miles found him he gave him a burger that had been in his pocket for weeks, and the guy was so grateful that when they won and set things right he changed the reset reality so Miles's parents were still alive.