Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Have you ever tried putting vanilla creamer into milk to make vanilla milk tho? Chocolate milk can gently caress right off. I suggest the Nestle French Vanilla creamer as the best one to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS
Wow, what a disgusting concept

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

D-Pad posted:

Have you ever tried putting vanilla creamer into milk to make vanilla milk tho? Chocolate milk can gently caress right off. I suggest the Nestle French Vanilla creamer as the best one to use.

This is a step along the path that leads to either Soylent or BulletProof Coffee

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
put whey into milk and make supermilk

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
My wife made a smoothie and wanted me to taste it, forgetting she had put whey protein powder into it. Immediately I noticed swelling in my throat and got horrible stomach cramps, resulting in me vomiting.

I didn't use to be like this, I used to be able to enjoy milk and cheese :cry:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is lactose tolerance something that goes away as you get older? Didn't know that was possible

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is lactose tolerance something that goes away as you get older? Didn't know that was possible

Yep it absolutely sucks. Happened to me after I turned 30. Butter is literally the only thing I can somewhat stand. Saddest part was that it took me years to find an ice cream alternative that actually tasted like ice cream and not coconut.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

ECT-brother goon: you might have him look into transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS or rTMS). It’s increasingly being used as an alternative to ECT because it’s much less invasive (no sedation, no medication holiday, outpatient) and doesn’t have the memory loss side-effects. I’ve done it twice at top hospitals in the US and Canada, and it was pretty effective. I wouldn’t say that it totally resolved things, but it definitely got me back to functional as a human and parent. Insurance may or may not cover it, but there are also commonly trials that people can join that are evaluating some tweak on the basic model. Lots of research out there if he’s into that, and I think most psychiatrists will have at least passing familiarity.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Imagine not being strong enough to drink loving milk (the stuff that babies drink).

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

RCarr posted:

Imagine not being strong enough to drink loving milk (the stuff that babies drink).

How's it going, Mr. Gaffigan?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Worst case, dxm the cough syrup stuff is about as fast and effective as ketamine but you can get it at the drugstore and pretty few side effects. Take like 5x the coughing dosage, don't buy the stuff with aspirin in it

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I’m surprised that oral administration of dxm is as fast as ketamine infusion, but also I thought that dosage control is important for effectiveness of the best-studied DM/Q treatment (plus avoiding brain lesions, though you need a relatively high dose to be at high risk there I think). do you have an article with a reference to dosing relative to cough syrup concentrations?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

D-Pad posted:

blech

however, making hot chocolate with cold milk instead of hot is really delicious. try it sometime. (you have to put it in a jar and shake it hard to get it all to dissolve at the lower temperature but man it's good)

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

therattle posted:

I hate you.
I just majorly hosed up my fingat slicing potatoes so I hope whatever you promised the old gypsy woman was worth it.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Splicer posted:

I just majorly hosed up my fingat slicing potatoes so I hope whatever you promised the old gypsy woman was worth it.

It appears to have been, thanks for letting me know. One never knows if giving in to her entreaties to make sweet love to her is actually going to result in anything other than burning when I pee.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

:gas: goon might also eat a ton of cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, kale). It can give people just absolutely ATROCIOUS gas. I used to eat a ton of broc but from the bloating it's been giving me recently I've had to switch to green beans (which do nothing to the gas, strangely).

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Try chopping off your dick while robotripping you’ll feel sensations you never thought possible before!

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

Why don't we just start shooting tar heroin instead?
I love milk and dairy. If i ever lose my tolerance for it i might just cut off my dick.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Nocheez posted:

My wife made a smoothie and wanted me to taste it, forgetting she had put whey protein powder into it. Immediately I noticed swelling in my throat and got horrible stomach cramps, resulting in me vomiting.

I didn't use to be like this, I used to be able to enjoy milk and cheese :cry:

*me looking at your username* ...oooooohhhhhhhhh

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

SciFiDownBeat posted:

*me looking at your username* ...oooooohhhhhhhhh

I had the username far before I had any problems with cheese. Cheez != Cheese.
Just a funny coincidence.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Subjunctive posted:

I’m surprised that oral administration of dxm is as fast as ketamine infusion, but also I thought that dosage control is important for effectiveness of the best-studied DM/Q treatment (plus avoiding brain lesions, though you need a relatively high dose to be at high risk there I think). do you have an article with a reference to dosing relative to cough syrup concentrations?

Ket infusion faster but its seconds vs minutes as opposed to weeks for the ssri

No evidence of brain legions in not mice. Equivalent in humans is like multiple grams, hundreds of doses

Lemme go find articles

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Nocheez posted:

I had the username far before I had any problems with cheese. Cheez != Cheese.
Just a funny coincidence.
Rename yourself Yesmoney

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

My wife has zero hobbies and it drives me insane. When we both get home from work, I cook dinner, and then we sit on our asses and watch a movie or tv or occasionally play a video game together. If, say, I want to work on a project, or play single player games, or read a book, it feels like I'm abandoning her and she'll either watch tv on her own or clean, and then go to bed super early. Under the guise of "we need to get off our asses," I declared Tuesdays and Thursdays to be "no sitting on the couch together" nights. One of us can watch/play something, or we both can in different rooms, but just not together. I've been enjoying it because it lets me read, edit videos, try to learn coding, or whatever else I want to get done; she just watches tv.

I have no idea what she did with her time before she met me. I guess the difference is I have always been a pretty solitary person and she has always been around friends, and now we live pretty far from anyone we know so she just doesn't know what to do with herself. She isn't lazy, she just has zero hobbies or interests and I have no idea how to encourage her to find something, because every attempt has failed. Learn to knit, volunteer at a soup kitchen, join a roller derby team, I don't care what it is, just do something!

I'd say try to help her meet new people. Most of the time this is easier with a hobby, but there are definitely social-media-oriented methods for young people to meet each other and try to make friends.

quote:

I got someone fired. Well, "laid off" (because in America you don't need a reason to be fired and everyone wants to sue so why admit you're letting them go for shitposting when you can give no reason at all)

They flamed me one too many times, so I took a collection of their posts and forwarded them to their employer. Well, I called from a payphone and asked their HR for an email saying I was being cyberbullied by one of their employees (LOL), then sent a guerillamail with my dox. Even if most of what they said wasn't *super* offensive, the fact it was copious during work hours did them in.

:byewhore:

let he who does not workpost cast the first stone

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

loquacius posted:

all telling people not to workpost does is make them do it on their phone, and you are gonna be much less productive switching that way than alt-tabbing.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

loquacius posted:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I wonder how long married goon has been with his wife. if they got together young its possible she never had time to make other friends outside of their relationship before things got serious and they got married, and it can hard to learn a bunch of social cues if you've just been taking cues from one guy you've been smashing since you were 18 or whatever and now your 30.

Ive been through it a couple times. you have to establish your boundaries and be prepared for some weird insecurities to come out.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Bust Rodd posted:

I wonder how long married goon has been with his wife. if they got together young its possible she never had time to make other friends outside of their relationship before things got serious and they got married, and it can hard to learn a bunch of social cues if you've just been taking cues from one guy you've been smashing since you were 18 or whatever and now your 30.

Ive been through it a couple times. you have to establish your boundaries and be prepared for some weird insecurities to come out.

That's pretty much what happened with my wife and I. We outgrew it, but you still have to develop as an individual even after you're married.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Rad-daddio posted:

That's pretty much what happened with my wife and I. We outgrew it, but you still have to develop as an individual even after you're married.

LoL you absolutely should, but a weird thing about marriage in America is that it (and to a lesser extent kids) are seen as the platinum success story, and its GROSS how many people internalize it to such a degree that they get home from their honeymoons and literally begin psychological decay because they don't have anything left to strive for.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

LoL you absolutely should, but a weird thing about marriage in America is that it (and to a lesser extent kids) are seen as the platinum success story, and its GROSS how many people internalize it to such a degree that they get home from their honeymoons and literally begin psychological decay because they don't have anything left to strive for.

This is pretty much exactly what happened to my wife's parents

They got married insanely quickly because that's what they were supposed to do at their age, and then immediately fell into a "well, we're married now, the story of our relationship is over" rut

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

loquacius posted:

Well, I called from a payphone

Dude no one cares that you got someone banned 15 years ago

Ketamine talk: My old weed guy was going through a bad time a couple years ago. Doing lots of RCs, especially meth analogues. Severe depression, paranoia, etc. Had terrible friends who mostly just wanted free drugs. Me and my fiance checked up on him more than any of them, I'm pretty sure. Everytime he didn't respond I was afraid he'd finally killed himself. He ended up getting into ketamine. Not long after he started, he finally tried to kill himself by injecting a ton of K intramuscularly. Lived through it (I don't think he'd done enough to do more than go into a k-hole), and said it was an amazing experience. He started getting through his depression. Got a girlfriend who wasn't a piece of poo poo, dropped his poo poo friends. He moved to a new town for a fresh start. Still dealing, but from what I've heard he's doing tons better.
About a year later, I read about ketamine and suicide, and was like, "Oh, that makes sense." I would never, ever suggest just buying some off the street and pounding it into your thigh, obviously. But I'm p. sure he'd be dead right now if he hadn't chosen that drug to try to kill himself. One of the biggest examples of irony and sheer luck I've ever seen.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
My wife is sort of like this. She's got a good career and we're raising a kiddo, but she doesn't really have any hobbies outside of playing with her phone while watching TV in the evenings.

Whatever, my Rocket League career isn't exactly a productive hobby either.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'd probably be net happier if I spent some of my spare time playing music or writing or doing home coding projects, but a lot of the time it's really hard to get home from work and do anything other than watch TV and play DQXI :shrug:

My wife and I cook awesome homemade meals together at least, which is a fun group activity I'd recommend but gets a lot harder if you have young kids

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Boring wife goon: have her cut your dick off. Then maybe you could cut her tits off. You two CAN have some "together" hobbies.

Your marriage will be that much stronger once you've stemmed each other's bleeding.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

e: fb

bell jar fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Feb 21, 2019

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Ket infusion faster but its seconds vs minutes as opposed to weeks for the ssri

No evidence of brain legions in not mice. Equivalent in humans is like multiple grams, hundreds of doses

Lemme go find articles

Yeah, I misread the dosing protocol there, that would be an awful lot. You’d probably puke it up from the other cough syrup ingredients long before that point.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Bust Rodd posted:

Well, confessor says she's "always been around friends" and now they're living in an area where she doesn't know anyone.

So I'm guessing she needs to, y'know, get to know some people.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's probably a symptom of profound mental illness.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Colonel Cancer posted:

It's probably a symptom of profound mental illness.

She did marry a goon

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

late but;

CheesyDog posted:

put whey into milk coffee and make supermilkcoffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Well, confessor says she's "always been around friends" and now they're living in an area where she doesn't know anyone.

So I'm guessing she needs to, y'know, get to know some people.

She's could be depressed at all the changes in life and being far from friends, and feeling guilty about it because she's supposed to be "happily married" now. Learning to talk to each other about these types of things takes time, but you should start soon.