Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

I have an iCloud shared album I use to share photos with someone. At some point a while ago, it won’t sync our photos with each other. I can’t see anything they post, and they can’t see anything I post. According to the “people” popover, we’re both still subscribed to it.

I’m at a loss as to what to do. Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014
I'm really liking Calendar 366. I noticed it on MacStories "apps of the year" list and heard it mentioned on a Merlin Mann podcast- but it's actually pretty pleasant to look at. I still prefer the Fantastical input, but I like the UI better.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Why did you pause for suspense?

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014
Because I’m a drop out who doesn’t fully understand grammar. Pls don’t be mad. App is still great.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Does this work for blocking ads in third party apps? I thought it got banned from the app store because of that but it's available again.

http://appshopper.com/utilities/adblock-2

eames
May 9, 2009

What do people use for FTP/SFTP on iOS these days? I used to use Panic Transmit for iOS which worked great but the devs abandoned it.

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014

eames posted:

What do people use for FTP/SFTP on iOS these days? I used to use Panic Transmit for iOS which worked great but the devs abandoned it.

https://www.macstories.net/ios/filebrowser-for-business-gains-new-ftp-options-native-ixpand-drive-integration-in-files-app/

https://www.macstories.net/ipad-diaries/ipad-diaries-transmit-replacements-and-ftp-clients/

These should give you some insight. I don’t use FTP services, but I’ve seen enough people talk about Panic pulling Transmit.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Anyone know what I need to do after a power outage where the Home app (the Apple Homekit app) says "not responding" for every single Hue light? The Hue App still works, but all my schedulings and whatnot are on the Home app. Other things (like Wemo plugs) in my Home app are functioning and not set to "No Response"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Feenix posted:

Anyone know what I need to do after a power outage where the Home app (the Apple Homekit app) says "not responding" for every single Hue light? The Hue App still works, but all my schedulings and whatnot are on the Home app. Other things (like Wemo plugs) in my Home app are functioning and not set to "No Response"
Last time this happened, I rebooted my HomePod and everything was back to wroking, so reboot whatever is your Homekit thing?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Endless Mike posted:

Last time this happened, I rebooted my HomePod and everything was back to wroking, so reboot whatever is your Homekit thing?

I rebooted the ATV. But that didn't take. Not sure if related directly or just kicked it in it's pants, but there was an update on Hue app today for the Hub and after it updated, everything is responding again. Thanks!

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

eames posted:

Easy FTP Pro has been fine. I think it costs $4.

The free option would be Readdle Documents, which supports both FTP and SFTP with fewer options.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
did apple recently gently caress with apple music? i just switched from a 7 to an XS and i copied some music from my PC to my new phone and now the artists do not show up in the "artist" section, they only show up under the "downloaded music" section and of course those cant be browsed by artist, its just a huge loving list of individual songs

holy poo poo, i cant believe they had to gently caress with this app, it was just fine

Weedle
May 31, 2006

BraveUlysses posted:

did apple recently gently caress with apple music? i just switched from a 7 to an XS and i copied some music from my PC to my new phone and now the artists do not show up in the "artist" section, they only show up under the "downloaded music" section and of course those cant be browsed by artist, its just a huge loving list of individual songs

holy poo poo, i cant believe they had to gently caress with this app, it was just fine

Try Cesium. It’s an alternate front end for the Music app that basically works like the pre-Apple Music one with some modern niceties.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

When I tap 'Artists' I get a big list of artists. :iiam:

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

BraveUlysses posted:

they didnt change anything so something must be hosed up on your end

Violator
May 15, 2003

Weedle posted:

Try Cesium. It’s an alternate front end for the Music app that basically works like the pre-Apple Music one with some modern niceties.

What happens when you go to Genres? Since iOS7 the Music app just shows a big grid of albums, but when I tap Genres I want to see a list of artists, and then when I tap on an artist from that list I want a list of their albums. It used to work like this. :(

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Violator posted:

What happens when you go to Genres? Since iOS7 the Music app just shows a big grid of albums, but when I tap Genres I want to see a list of artists, and then when I tap on an artist from that list I want a list of their albums. It used to work like this. :(

IIRC it’s configurable to list either albums or artists, but I don’t use Apple Music anymore so unfortunately I can’t check to be sure.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Weedle posted:

IIRC it’s configurable to list either albums or artists, but I don’t use Apple Music anymore so unfortunately I can’t check to be sure.

Perfect. Just bought it and it works exactly how I want. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
Does anyone have an app recommendation for an app that will let me fax? I feel like this is supremely basic functionality. I have a device that has both a camera and a phone number. I did some google searching and everything wants me to sign up for a service or buy bulk fax packages.

This seems incredible stupid. I can't seem to get away from having to use fax machines.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

rotaryfun posted:

Does anyone have an app recommendation for an app that will let me fax? I feel like this is supremely basic functionality. I have a device that has both a camera and a phone number. I did some google searching and everything wants me to sign up for a service or buy bulk fax packages.

This seems incredible stupid. I can't seem to get away from having to use fax machines.

I've used Scanner Pro in the past. I think it cost me 99 cents to send a couple pages. The app is $4 if you don't have it already, it's a great app regardless.

Every app is going to charge. Mobile numbers don't work the same as fax number, you can't just send it via your regular phone number. Your document has to be sent over the internet to a 3rd party service and faxed via landline.

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Feb 19, 2019

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

FCKGW posted:

I've used Scanner Pro in the past. I think it cost me 99 cents to send a couple pages. The app is $4 if you don't have it already, it's a great app regardless.

Every app is going to charge. Mobile numbers don't work the same as fax number, you can't just send it via your regular phone number. Your document has to be sent over the internet to a 3rd party service and faxed via landline.

Metrofax also works quite well.

Edit: Minimal research also brings this option, which gets quite good reviews.

XBenedict fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Feb 19, 2019

Jazz Marimba
Jan 4, 2012

My Spotify student premium lapsed for a day and I got downgraded to a free account during it. When re-upped my subscription my app didn't change back to the premium version, so there's no repeat button. Any idea how to fix this? I tried logging out, and deleting the app (individually but not together. also deleting the app didn't log me out somehow?? any idea what's up with that?)

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

FCKGW posted:

I've used Scanner Pro in the past.

I do actually already have that. I'll take a look.

Thank you!

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Jazz Marimba posted:

My Spotify student premium lapsed for a day and I got downgraded to a free account during it. When re-upped my subscription my app didn't change back to the premium version, so there's no repeat button. Any idea how to fix this? I tried logging out, and deleting the app (individually but not together. also deleting the app didn't log me out somehow?? any idea what's up with that?)

The repeat button has been moved to the three-dot menu in the top-right corner of the playback screen, where the queue button used to be.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Weedle posted:

The repeat button has been moved to the three-dot menu in the top-right corner of the playback screen, where the queue button used to be.

Ah, the kebab icon. Not to be confused with the hamburger.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Jazz Marimba posted:

also deleting the app didn't log me out somehow?? any idea what's up with that?

Your credentials are stored by the app in iCloud. A lot of apps do this these days and it really helps with restoring from an iCloud backup.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

FCKGW posted:

Mobile numbers don't work the same as fax number, you can't just send it via your regular phone number.

Just set your cellphone to fax machine mode.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

rotaryfun posted:

I do actually already have that. I'll take a look.

Thank you!

Oh cool. Then just scan your doc, hit the share sheet and a fax option should be there. I think you can do up to 3 pages for a single 99 cent in-app purchase, no credits pack or monthly subscription or whatever these other apps do.

Jazz Marimba
Jan 4, 2012

Weedle posted:

why the gently caress

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Jazz Marimba posted:

why the gently caress

Because Spotify’s interface design philosophy is “do whatever whenever for any or no reason”

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
To be fair, that's everyone's design philosophy now.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Are there any crossword apps that are both cheaper and better than the NYT app w/ subscription?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Boris Galerkin posted:

Are there any crossword apps that are both cheaper and better than the NYT app w/ subscription?

Cheaper, yes, better, absolutely not

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Grassy Knowles posted:

Cheaper, yes, better, absolutely not

Yeah, as far as I'm concerned the NYT Crossword subscription is worth every penny. You not only get the daily NYT puzzle, but access to their archive which is substantial.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Spotify's entire listening model is for you to his SHUFFLE and listen to whatever it happens to play. So of course they are hiding other controls.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Heads up weather peeps:

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
I’m guessing Dark Sky isn’t the de-facto local weather service any more?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Question Mark Mound posted:

I dunno I still use it and it’s always been pretty spot on for me. I don’t see any reason to change.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Also GDI they hosed with gmail again.

Why can’t they just leave poo poo alone??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Question Mark Mound posted:

Huh? It says right there that they're pulling data from Dark Sky.