Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I was wondering why a whole bunch of streamers started doing Darkest Dungeon lps this week. loving hell yeah.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I played the first one in Early Access and enjoyed it but never jumped back in after hearing people complain about the grindiness of the game a lot

It's grindy, but like Monster Hunter grindy? Where the enjoyment of the game is tge engaging combat so the grind facilitates giving you a lot of it instead of just being a skinner box (it is of course also a skinner box).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

DLC Inc posted:

also kind of loving weird that in a fighting game primarily about gore people really need those tits out

America is so desensitized to violence and so hypersensitized to sex that the one doesn't feel sufficiently transgressive without the other.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Some of these dudes have been doing it for over a decade now and I hope they regularly visit their doctor to make sure their heart rates stay normalized after all this time being angry.

It's one thing to be an angry gamer in your 20's but once you get to your 30's and beyond I assume it starts taking a toll.

I used to watch this angry Youtuber that got poo poo from people because he started faking his rage videos.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mill Village posted:

I used to watch this angry Youtuber that got poo poo from people because he started faking his rage videos.

isn't that all of them now

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/AttractMode/status/1090995861037944833

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The Colonel posted:

GD Leen, and i don't think it does

nooooooo

a single reference to an AGTP patch that has been listed at 5%, and then a blog post that shows that that estimate was made prior to even 2013, leads me to believe that's never happening (it was probably never happening way prior to that random blog post too)

that's a shame

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Phantasium posted:

nooooooo

a single reference to an AGTP patch that has been listed at 5%, and then a blog post that shows that that estimate was made prior to even 2013, leads me to believe that's never happening (it was probably never happening way prior to that random blog post too)

that's a shame

with aeon genesis rising from the grave maybe it'll happen in 2021

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yoshi's Crafted World is beautiful and adorable. I am so excited for the full version of that game. It reminds me of the 1995 Sega Saturn game Bug, with the level design, but way better of course.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the way the zombots in metal arms are animated is so cool, just huge lanky piles of literal scrap flailing around and whenever you shoot them a piece falls out and then gravitates back into them.

cool designs, too

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's seriously a crime that blizzard is never gonna rerelease this game, literally all it needs is a more accessible hd rerelease and it'd be a game i'd recommend to literally anyone

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Colonel posted:

the way the zombots in metal arms are animated is so cool, just huge lanky piles of literal scrap flailing around and whenever you shoot them a piece falls out and then gravitates back into them.

cool designs, too

Stupid question but what are you playing?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

I said come in! posted:

Stupid question but what are you playing?

metal arms: glitch in the system

also i can't believe i forgot this game had patrick warburton in it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtqQjuyXw-0&t=471s

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

posted:

Scrapped concepts included Kagero Mansion, a survival horror game in which Kirby is stuck in a mansion with a curse sealing his mouth, therefore rendering him unable to use his inhale/copy ability.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kirby is already survival horror, you just play as the monster.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I have no mouth and i must waddle dee

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Anybody remember Scrapland? I know I played it and was impressed by its looks but drat this game came and went.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YXfJrd6D6o

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

The Colonel posted:

metal arms is the only game where you can free caged zombie robots and get free zombie robot pals

Hey I remember this- the one with the the "control tether" gimmick weapon right?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

al-azad posted:

Anybody remember Scrapland? I know I played it and was impressed by its looks but drat this game came and went.

i remember human.ogg does that count

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

al-azad posted:

I loved this game. I remember the graphics being really amazing too. The gameplay was like... adventure puzzle poo poo?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Really can't wait for Google's stream service, just got the free copy of odyssey and to get it running even a semblance of how it was in the beta, renders it unrecognizable. They've got my money as long as the initial price isn't crazy.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Monkey Fracas posted:

Hey I remember this- the one with the the "control tether" gimmick weapon right?

yeah, like midway into the game you get a control tether that lets you take control of bigger robots. it's cool

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
small brain: when is square enix going to remake ff7
big brain: when is square going to release ff8 on switch
galaxy brain: when is the english translation of seiken densetsu 3
transcendant brain: when's racing lagoon 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wVUYUW1oTQ

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Kirby is all monsters:

quote:

The heat of the whole body of the field staff gathers! What? Voice of [VOID TERMINA]

Kumazaki
Not only voice actors but also voices that make use of the voice of the development staff who understands the game. One such thing seems to be the final form of [VOID TERMINA], that is, the voice in the fourth form, but since that was supposed to be a mysterious existence that [VOID TERMINA] itself could be anything, so that someone Do not you remember what you said, "Let's put in various voices" that is not voice?

Ando
Certainly, about three people ....

Kumazaki
Well, it is the voice of four people. Mr. Ando familiar with the voice in the game, Mr. Ogasawara of a relatively young voice, and also wanted the voice of a woman so "Everyone! Kirby Hunters Z "Director Mr. Toto. And me. Let's play four people 's acting, crying voice with mixed voices.

Ando
By the way, I do not remember what you said.

Kumazaki
It is "Irohanihoheto, Kirby ~".

Ando
Oh, is that so?

Kumazaki
They all uttered like the word "Irohanihoheto, Kirby ... ..." and recorded separately. When I said, Ando-san told me "Oh, that's okay" (laugh).

It always comes back to Shiver Star:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlOiygwv2B0

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the first time you get to lindblum, there's an old man walking around the business district who shouts "outta my way! I'm trying to remember what i was gonna do." if you talk to him again, he says "oh yeah! i gotta go take a dump"

ff9 owns

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Hitman 2 is still a great game but this final story map really is where the seams start coming apart. So many broken and glitchy challenges and clearly not tested on a base PS4 model.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
there's an old lady in lindblum who, during an extremely tiny story flag window, asks you if you're having fun. if you say no, she tells you to play a different game, you little brat

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djc_jx0NHb0

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

there's an old lady in lindblum who, during an extremely tiny story flag window, asks you if you're having fun. if you say no, she tells you to play a different game, you little brat

as a kid i liked this game for the main plot and the cool cutscenes and trance turning your team into super saiyans but now i love it for the music and npcs and theatre motifs

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

[posts isthereanydeal img with like 12 steam key resellers] Ummm what monopoly? Own biathc :smugdog:

Epic literally doesn't allow non-market key sales. You either buy from them where they get their cut or you get nothing.

Darkest Dungeon 2: Into the Mountains of Madness looks neat. I assume it's a direct sequel since the heroes are still there?

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Feb 19, 2019

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I was disappointed that FF9 is the only one with a bunch of animal races. FF12 has some but they're lame anime designs instead of literal duck people.

Give me King of Dragon Pass with art from the FF9 crew.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

welp check just arrived in the mail today for some cash money i thought i wasn’t gonna get paid, making the incredibly financially responsible and adult decision to preorder sekiro with a bit of it

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Ometeotl posted:

Hitman 2 is still a great game but this final story map really is where the seams start coming apart. So many broken and glitchy challenges and clearly not tested on a base PS4 model.

For what it's worth they're gonna remove some of the ones that are behaving poorly in the next update. Sgail is an extremely good map otherwise, I really enjoyed my time there.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

imo sgail is way too big and most of it isn't very interesting, outside of "lol we're killing billionaires" meme status

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

What challenges are busted? Sgail was my favorite level in the game, but I don't try to complete every challenge.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

al-azad posted:

I was disappointed that FF9 is the only one with a bunch of animal races. FF12 has some but they're lame anime designs instead of literal duck people.

Give me King of Dragon Pass with art from the FF9 crew.

I like the FFXII moogles

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Regy Rusty posted:

What challenges are busted? Sgail was my favorite level in the game, but I don't try to complete every challenge.
IOI singled out three of them for removal in the February roadmap

quote:

Before then, we also want to give all players an advanced heads-up that when the update arrives in late February, we will be removing 3 challenges from the Isle of Sgail location; All The King’s Men, Making Waves and No Budget For A Railing. After a sweep of the challenges in the game, we think that these particular challenges encourage the killing of multiple non-targets and they’re not fun to complete. We’ve also factored community feedback into the decision and wanted to tell you ahead of time.

Making Waves is pretty notorious, often the bodies you'd drag to a cliff wouldn't actually make it all the way into the water. King of the Castle is pretty bad, too, if there's a way to do it without clearing out like a floor of NPCs then I haven't found it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dr Cheeto posted:

IOI singled out three of them for removal in the February roadmap

Making Waves is pretty notorious, often the bodies you'd drag to a cliff wouldn't actually make it all the way into the water. King of the Castle is pretty bad, too, if there's a way to do it without clearing out like a floor of NPCs then I haven't found it.

Oh god yeah i remember seeing Making Waves and thinking who would ever want to do that

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Crackdown 3 is basically the first game with a fresh coat of paint. I haven’t played the multiplayer yet but apparently it lacks features multiplayer games have had for over a decade like being able to play with friends, and matchmaking adding players to existing lobbies if someone leaves mid game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mill Village posted:

Crackdown 3 is basically the first game with a fresh coat of paint. I haven’t played the multiplayer yet but apparently it lacks features multiplayer games have had for over a decade like being able to play with friends, and matchmaking adding players to existing lobbies if someone leaves mid game.

The mp gameplay is all autolockon too so theres no skill in a deathmatch shooter :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Regy Rusty posted:

Oh god yeah i remember seeing Making Waves and thinking who would ever want to do that

Not only did I do that challenge but I had to do it twice and the second time almost made me start over yet again. The first time, the game just straight stopped counting progress towards both it and the "find 30 coins" challenge no matter how many I tossed/found. The second time I thought it stopped counting after I reloaded a save but it only stopped counting bodies that were downed before the save so I had to scour the map for like 8 people still on their feet and drag them all the way over a shore and hope it was a good spot they wouldn't get caught on. And all this while the game chugged at like 12 FPS because of all the dead bodies. There's just too many challenges that require a bloodbath for a map that cannot handle such a bloodbath. In general there are too many challenges across the game that seem like it's asking you to get characters to move to a place so you can dispose of them in a special way but then after a bunch of trying you look it up and find out that there is no special way you just have to drag their body halfway across the map, meaning you just have to murder a bunch of guards and civilians. It's not great design.