Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
e: i keep forgetting what thread i'm in

DONT THREAD ON ME has issued a correction as of 04:46 on Feb 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Apparently committing election fraud is against the law.

https://twitter.com/AndySpecht/status/1097690481134309376?s=19

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Nocheez posted:

What is this referring to?

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

An insane mind posted:

The North Carolina 9th district election fraud.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
This Andy Specht fellow comes off as a supporter of election fraud with his headline

Still funny poo poo though

edit:

Unrelated note, check this out:

Happy Thread has issued a correction as of 09:36 on Feb 19, 2019

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Nocheez posted:

The only proven election fraud last year was for Republicans? What a shock!

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

chitoryu12 posted:

The only proven election fraud last year was for Republicans? What a shock!

Once again all of the Republican gesticulations about voter fraud are pure projection :thunk:

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Raldikuk posted:

Once again all of the Republican gesticulations about voter fraud are pure projection :thunk:

This was not voter fraud (committed by voters), this was election fraud.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
What's the background of NC09?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Gum posted:

A dude paid a bunch of people to collect and fill out absentee ballots (illegal). No one knows how many are fraudulent, were destroyed, etc.

Mark Harris, the "winner," paid the dude who was the mastermind of this plan to be part of his campaign. I'll give you one guess what political party he's from.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Gum posted:

Robert Pittenger (GOP) was the Republican Representative for NC09 since 2012.

In 2016, Pittenger faced Mark Harris and Todd Johnson in the Republican primary. Johnson employed McRae Dowless to help him in his campaign. Remarkably, Johnson received 98% of the absentee ballot in Bladen County against an incumbent. Pittenger still won but Harris considered complaining about these results because they seemed a little suspicious.

In 2018, Harris, now impressed with McCrae Dowless's ability to get votes out, hired him for his campaign. Incredibly, Harris received 96% of the absentee vote in Bladen County when two years ago he failed to break 1%. This time, Harris defeated the incumbent Pittenger.

That's just the primary.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

are there federal/state laws about the integrity of the primary process, or is it up to each party to police themselves?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

An insane mind posted:

pretty sure its a loss.jpg reference

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Roger Stone

https://twitter.com/arawnsley/status/1097883012501508100

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

I want Stone to be in prison for life based solely on how loving stupid he is. like I want the judge to find him guilty of being a moron.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

are there federal/state laws about the integrity of the primary process, or is it up to each party to police themselves?

The latter.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

perfect

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

red19fire posted:

Yes, the joker is supposed to be a contrast to Batman, a dangerous psychopath laughing at jokes told to his own audience in his mind. Batman 89 is supposed to be the comic books come to life according to Tim Burton, so the Art Deco 20s styling makes sense. I do agree that Nicholson is a weird choice because he’s like 60 years old at that point in time and there’s hardly any physicality of violence, he’s just an old guy in clown makeup who relies on his henchmen to do all the crimes. (much like president Cheeto am I right?!?) I was like 6 years old when that came out, so to me it will always be the best Batman.

I also subscribe to the fan theory that Nolan’s joker is an OEF war veteran.

Without Burton's Batman we don't get a shitload of other superhero movies.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Im not sure if you mean that as blame or credit.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Would this qualify him as dumber than Carter Page? I feel like it does.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/_ericblanc/status/1097914729836687360

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Subjunctive posted:

Im not sure if you mean that as blame or credit.

I assume they mean we should go back in time and kill baby Tim Burton

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Burton's Batman is trash and like 3 movies later that series killed superhero movies entirely until X-Men sparked life back into it

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

MunchE posted:

Burton's Batman is trash and like 3 movies later that series killed superhero movies entirely until X-Men Blade sparked life back into it

Ftfy

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

MunchE posted:

Burton's Batman is trash and like 3 movies later that series killed superhero movies entirely until X-Men sparked life back into it

this is the exact opposite of true

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Wark Say posted:

Would this qualify him as dumber than Carter Page? I feel like it does.

I think so. Carter has s kind of guileless innocence to him, like he SHOULD know better but he thinks hes not doing anything wrong. Stone is trying to be Manafort and doesnt have the first clue how to crime right.

Office Commando
Mar 23, 2005
The Invasion from Within

Drunkboxer posted:

this is the exact opposite of true

how so? batman & robin was horribly received and put superheroes as a genre in the gutter while x-men is hailed today as the beginning of the superhero movie "renaissance".

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Chokes McGee posted:

I think so. Carter has s kind of guileless innocence to him, like he SHOULD know better but he thinks he’s not doing anything wrong. Stone is trying to be Manafort and doesn’t have the first clue how to crime right.

Also being dumb and talking to the feds without a lawyer is a common enough mistake that people actively tell people not to talk to the cops.

When was the last time you had to tell someone not to threaten a federal judge on social media?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

MunchE posted:

Saint Burton should be lauded for holding off the incessant tide of superhero movies. Was there really a bunch of people out there saying, "what we need are Antman movies!"?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Nocheez posted:

Saint Burton should be lauded for holding off the incessant tide of superhero movies. Was there really a bunch of people out there saying, "what we need are Antman movies!"?

The Antman movies ended up being some of the better ones at least.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Nocheez posted:

If Burton gets sainthood for anything it's Beetlejuice, he shoulda just stopped there

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

That Works posted:

The Antman movies ended up being some of the better ones at least.

Your honor, I rest my case.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Office Commando posted:

how so? batman & robin was horribly received and put superheroes as a genre in the gutter while x-men is hailed today as the beginning of the superhero movie "renaissance".

Actually, it was Elektra.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

What the hell is a discussion about Batman movies doing in the happy thread?

That teacher strike getting what they want, quickly, now that's happy!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Nocheez posted:

Your honor, I rest my case.

Pshhhh

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
a good batman thread

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

BATMAN IS ESSENTIALLY HAPPY, OKAY

This point I freely concede, I mean it lead to TAS and about 15 years of other good WB animation: Batman Beyond, Superman, The Justice League, JL unlimited

Spartacus is good, not genius, but it did pave the way for Lawrence of Arabia

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/ilya_samarkin/status/1096693671205003264

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Office Commando posted:

burton didnt direct that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
LEAVE JOEL OUT OF THIS