Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

glowing-fish posted:

Sometimes we need a little encouragement to get going in the morning. Or the afternoon.

so foldy

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

glowing-fish posted:

Sometimes we need a little encouragement to get going in the morning. Or the afternoon.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Hogge, im kinda scared to ask but i'll do it anyway :tinfoil:

did you do your AV like that to trick a certain ik that you are still porbed?

because i get tricked everytime and are sad for a brief moment but then happy once i remember its not real

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

Dick Bastardly posted:

Hogge, im kinda scared to ask but i'll do it anyway :tinfoil:

did you do your AV like that to trick a certain ik that you are still porbed?

because i get tricked everytime and are sad for a brief moment but then happy once i remember its not real

hahaha someone here gave it to me

i really like it

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
So did I post enough today, since BYOB is getting deleted tomorrow?

BoldFrankensteinMir

glowing-fish posted:

So did I post enough today, since BYOB is getting deleted tomorrow?

Not yet keep posting

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Not yet keep posting

I am going to the store for ingredients to make hummus. I hope. What about the lemons? I am asking myself? Which store has lemons?

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,
How does BYOB feel about thread necromancy, can I go back to like page 20 of BYOB and start posting on those threads?

Jaded Burnout

glowing-fish posted:

How does BYOB feel about thread necromancy, can I go back to like page 20 of BYOB and start posting on those threads?

They'll probably be archived but yeah if it's a good thread go for it

Goons Are Gifts

Never not post more you know, post everything

sb hermit

Not yet keep posting

:jpmf:

sb hermit

glowing-fish posted:

I am going to the store for ingredients to make hummus. I hope. What about the lemons? I am asking myself? Which store has lemons?

A lot of hummus recipes tend to call for tahini. Does your recipe use it? And if so, will you be making it yourself from scratch or will you be picking it up from the store?

I have never successfully made tahini from scratch but then again I tend to be pretty impatient when I have to grind anything

Goons Are Gifts

I need to clean up stuff. I don't enjoy that. Maybe I should post more to postpone this action further.

Byob to the rescue!

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,

el dorito posted:

A lot of hummus recipes tend to call for tahini. Does your recipe use it? And if so, will you be making it yourself from scratch or will you be picking it up from the store?

I have never successfully made tahini from scratch but then again I tend to be pretty impatient when I have to grind anything

I was going to post about this in the fine dining thread.

Tahini is a paste made of sesame seeds. When making hummus, all the ingredients go into a device that turns them all into paste. Why then, should I not just take sesame seeds and throw them in the blender, it is all the same?

Some people might object, because it is not quite the same, but consider that 1. Sesame Seeds are cheaper and easier to find and 2. They don't need to be refrigerated and are easier to deal with, and they last a lot longer.

So that is how I make my hummus, with sesame seeds.

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
hello nbyob. give me the chill vibes i'm going to need to make it through this day please

BoldFrankensteinMir

I think Tahini is more than just ground up sesame seeds, it has like twice as much sesame oil as it would if it were just crushed seeds. So you would also need a nut press.

It's like how no matter how long you grind peanuts you won't get creamy jif, there are emulsifiers in it too

Manifisto

Olive! posted:

hello nbyob. give me the chill vibes i'm going to need to make it through this day please

hey olive! :wave: chill vibe generator engaged, we just installed a new muffler so it should be purring like a kitten.

ty nesamdoom!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Would it be against forum rules to set up a fake Mechanical Turk or Fiver profile and intentionally screw up the orders?

My instinct says yes, that's off-site fuckery, but it's like five dollars worth of fuckery, so I dunno...

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

Olive! posted:

I'm concentrating so hard on these chill vibes, I'm generating them at unheard of levels and speed, they are transmitting to you as I take a huge hit off my oil pen God bless.

alnilam

Would it be against forum rules to set up a fake Mechanical Turk or Fiver profile and intentionally screw up the orders?

My instinct says yes, that's off-site fuckery, but it's like five dollars worth of fuckery, so I dunno...

I don't know what any of these things mean

ty manifisto

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

JebanyPedal posted:

I'm concentrating so hard on these chill vibes, I'm generating them at unheard of levels and speed, they are transmitting to you as I take a huge hit off my oil pen God bless.

drat, that's strong

BoldFrankensteinMir

alnilam posted:

I don't know what any of these things mean

They're services where people work tiny jobs for nearly nothing, like you'll make five bucks for recording the narration for a commercial. I've worked for terrible companies who used fiver instead of paying for real talent, it's kinda disgusting. Mechanical Turk is even worse, you can make literally just pennies for tasks like copy-editing a product label.

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,

I am posting this awesome picture of Spider-Man, which is slightly unchill, but is an awesome picture of Spider-Man, because I should be sleeping right now.

BoldFrankensteinMir

glowing-fish posted:

I am posting this awesome picture of Spider-Man, which is slightly unchill, but is an awesome picture of Spider-Man, because I should be sleeping right now.

Hey not asleep buddy, thank you for the awesome picture. It inspires me!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Okay, floating a thread idea- an itty bitty story contest with an itty bitty prize. Word count tbd, short but not haikus. The theme: vulnerability as strength, a nice yobby notion. Judging by a poll (this is NOT thunderdome) and the prize: I will illustrate the winner.

sb hermit

Okay, floating a thread idea- an itty bitty story contest with an itty bitty prize. Word count tbd, short but not haikus. The theme: vulnerability as strength, a nice yobby notion. Judging by a poll (this is NOT thunderdome) and the prize: I will illustrate the winner.

lurked more, probed less

“not the bees!”, but the harvest improved

imagine being the guy who traps the bee guy every year, knowing that he hates the bees but another good harvest could ensure a PS4 in every household

Goons Are Gifts

It is a beautiful sunny day and I just woke up and thought "I wonder what byob is doing right now" so I came here and got happy to see that we are all chilling.

I wanted to close this post by wishing you all a great day, but I thought let's do something more reliable. So I went to the universe and through the combined power of persuasive chill and a weed bribe I forced it that each and everyone of you will have an absolutely amazing day!
Enjoy!

Manifisto

el dorito posted:

lurked more, probed less

“not the bees!”, but the harvest improved

lolol

do it!

ty nesamdoom!

vanisher

I'll write a story

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
never heard of this type of service before, caught a quick picture of the business as we were driving by:

Jaded Burnout

help

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Okay

How can I help I would like to be of assistance

Jaded Burnout

I Was The Fury posted:

Okay

How can I help I would like to be of assistance

How do you deal with large amounts of pseudo-generalised anxiety outside of medication?

FluffieDuckie

Jaded Burnout posted:

How do you deal with large amounts of pseudo-generalised anxiety outside of medication?

do you consider weed a medication?

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

Goons Are Great posted:

It is a beautiful sunny day and I just woke up and thought "I wonder what byob is doing right now" so I came here and got happy to see that we are all chilling.

I wanted to close this post by wishing you all a great day, but I thought let's do something more reliable. So I went to the universe and through the combined power of persuasive chill and a weed bribe I forced it that each and everyone of you will have an absolutely amazing day!
Enjoy!

It's really cool because it worked and I am having a great day, thank you for your consideration.

Jaded Burnout

FluffieDuckie posted:

do you consider weed a medication?

Weed is not legal on these fair shores, not even for medicine

FluffieDuckie

Jaded Burnout posted:

Weed is not legal on these fair shores, not even for medicine

:(

have you tried exercise? if i feel anxious sometimes just a trip to the gym can help

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Jaded Burnout posted:

Oh. Yeah I dunno man I am pretty reliant on drugs and if I knew how to assist with anxiety outside of drugs and breathing/grounding techniques I'd have a very different life

Jaded Burnout

FluffieDuckie posted:

:(

have you tried exercise? if i feel anxious sometimes just a trip to the gym can help

I can give it a go

I Was The Fury posted:

Oh. Yeah I dunno man I am pretty reliant on drugs and if I knew how to assist with anxiety outside of drugs and breathing/grounding techniques I'd have a very different life

Problem I guess being I'm already on some fairly hefty SSRIs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

exercise is really good for mental health for irl real like lots of research backs this up