Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

That’s fairly loving fast, he’ll bin it into a wall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The return of Fast Heikki

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Gasly has already broken his new car, backwards into a barrier too

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

horns.aiff

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Speed trap top five according to Sky:

1. Norris, McLaren-Renault, 337kph
2. Albon, Toro Rosso-Honda, 329kph
3. Giovinazzi, Alfa Romeo-Ferrari, 328kph
4. Bottas, Mercedes, 322kph
5. Leclerc, Ferrari, 321 kph

Makes sense to me that a team like McLaren, who had to pile on absurd amounts of downforce just to make it around the track last year, would start testing with a relatively low downforce package and work their way back up.

In like the last ten years, it was always Williams to post the top speed trap values. Sadly, they are dead now. So McLaren dead next?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Didn't farce bindia have the best speed trap times for a few years?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Robert Pubeica

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
Stroll driver of the day

Stroll is #1

#1 slowest on the timesheets

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Am I correct in saying McLaren never ran 100 laps in a single day in the last four years of preseason testing?

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Am I correct in saying McLaren never ran 100 laps in a single day in the last four years of preseason testing?

On average no. :effort: looking individual articles for each day but

2018 - https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.who-is-in-the-best-shape-after-testing.5Ere8QChWgCaoMkQ8emMgg.html

Alonso - 263
Vandoorne - 336

2017 - https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.pre-season-testing-2017-who-went-fastest-and-furthest.3giYvhbeqkC4YKSwQusWcy.html

Alonso - 190
Vandoorne - 235

2016 - https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/features/2016/3/pre-season-testing-in-numbers---who-went-fastest--and-furthest-2.html

Alonso - 377
Button - 333

2015 - https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/features/2015/3/pre-season-testing-in-numbers---who-went-fastest--and-furthest.html

Alonso - 117
Button - 224

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

So the McLaren is... not poo poo?

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

Diet Crack posted:

Lets not go that far...

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Diet Crack posted:

It's far too early to say, but it is at least reliable.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Would the most on-brand Alonso thing be for McLaren to make a good car as soon as he’s left? Yes it would be. I look forward to 2019 being a good season for McLaren.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

The Kimoa Kid posted:

It's far too early to say, but it is at least reliable.
So has been the Williams for the last few years

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
you are all dumb as loving bricks

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Oh hey Mercedes are gearing up to replace Bottas: https://youtu.be/y6SUegrOZPY

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

OhsH posted:

Smooth brain

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
alonso will definetly test this year mclaren, they guy should just gently caress off already. let sainz and lando alone

Deepfried
Sep 20, 2001

The Kimoa Kid posted:

It neither exists nor doesn't exist

Depends on if you look at it.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

OhsH posted:

Hi loving bricks

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Sainz wins Australia, Nando comes back 3 races in and takes Lando's seat, McLaren immediately goes back to being poo poo

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Got a chance to watch the Williams docu-drama. That whole family is composed of assholes. They just mix it up between passive aggressive and psychotic.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

EoRaptor posted:

Got a chance to watch the Williams docu-drama. That whole family is composed of assholes. They just mix it up between passive aggressive and psychotic.

The one son barely mentioned broke free from it.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I’m the guy who bathes Frank Williams.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/formula-1/2019/02/19/williams-verge-mutiny-car-problems-threaten-delay-winter-testing/

Jesus wept, Williams

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Wirth1000 posted:

I’m the guy who bathes Frank Williams.

I would volunteer to bathe Frank for free so I could encourage him to ditch Claire and Paddy both.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

I’m weeping right now.

I never thought Williams would somehow be worse than the Sam Michael but holy gently caress here we are.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Paddy was supposed to be a coup. An architect of the Mercedes domination era. A new beginning, a new era of forward progress. Instead we went from finishing 3rd to incredible overconfidence and binning it upside down into a ditch paralyzing ourselves in a rented car.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Will the real Frank Williams please stand up? Please stand up?

.....oh we’re gonna have a problem here.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the car or whatever they have was on route to barcelona so hopefully they will run but yeah williams is a MESS. SAD!

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

This is so much worse than McLaren's Amazon documentary season lmao

quote:

Next month, a behind-the-scenes documentary on Formula One will be aired on Netflix, showing previously unseen footage of Williams tearfully questioning her credentials to lead the team during last season’s Monaco Grand Prix.

Frank really loathes the women in his life, gently caress sake

Thanks Ants fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Feb 20, 2019

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'd make Claire Williams cry and question her life decisions if you catch my drift

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

#FreeWirth

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Good news from the Japanese lads at Honda, they’re targeting a win by Monaco and hell, I think they will.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im sad for Claire then i remember she has a loving picture of Maggie T in her office and i wish the truck with that piece of poo poo williams gets stopped at the spanish border for something stupid related to brexit i dont know and the fia disband that organization

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Dammit I'm agreeing with Gonzo

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I enjoy watching McLaren or RBR fail but the Williams saga is just depressing.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
The mainstream centro-leftist intellectual might suppose that this is high level posting in the Worst Thread,

DoctorGonzo posted:

Im sad for Claire then i remember she has a loving picture of Maggie T in her office and i wish the truck with that piece of poo poo williams gets stopped at the spanish border for something stupid related to brexit i dont know and the fia disband that organization

but these are the posts we need

Wirth1000 posted:

Will the real Frank Williams please stand up? Please stand up?
#freewirth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

How dare you suggest I'm a centrist