Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I did Rito last cause from afar I thought the Divine Beast was actually a giant flying continent I’d have to somehow ascend to and that seemed super fun so I wanted to save it for last. just a bit disappointed by the reality and the cornball rear end bitch guardian spirit who operated it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Steve2911 posted:

That's cool but Hudson personally owes me big time. Dude did nothing.

Eh, at least you get to stop Bolson and Karson lounging by your house all bloody day.

(As long as you never speak to them again after the wedding.)

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
Kinda a weird question for you guys, but should I get the DLC after I beat the game? I love the game, and I want more content, but I just wondering if the DLC can played whenever or if it has any plot relevant endgame spoilers.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Equeen posted:

Kinda a weird question for you guys, but should I get the DLC after I beat the game? I love the game, and I want more content, but I just wondering if the DLC can played whenever or if it has any plot relevant endgame spoilers.

It takes place before the end of the game. I think the perfect time to play is after completing all 4 Divine Beasts but before completing the game.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Fighting big packs of lizardfos loving sucks (especially now that silver ones are spawning)

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

SeANMcBAY posted:

It takes place before the end of the game. I think the perfect time to play is after completing all 4 Divine Beasts but before completing the game.

That sounds doable. Thanks!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Heck, I don't think you can do it until after you beat the divine beasts

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Smol posted:

Fighting big packs of lizardfos loving sucks (especially now that silver ones are spawning)

I like how Lizardos are chameleons and will change color to match their environment.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Equeen posted:

The extra dungeon and associated quests can only be accessed after completing the 4 divine beasts anyway. The other stuff that comes with the DLC like the armor sets that get added as chests hidden around the world makes it worth buying the pass sooner rather than later IMO.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
I feel like the Gerudo Ganonblight boss is kind of an odd duck; it seems much less puzzle based than most of them and more like an actual honest to God fight. At least, it was for me. After two or three combos I just figured out that he will ALWAYS teleport around the same number of times before attacking, and will ALWAYS end his teleport spam with an attack, so a backflip into flurry rush kicked his rear end. You don't need to know where he is if you know where he's going to be. Is there another way to do that fight?

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
I bought this on a whim last week. I beat the elephant and I've dipped my toes into the southern jungle and the desert.

My favorite part so far was equipping all metal equipment and standing on top of a rock waiting to be struck by lightning based on what a birdman song said. It worked, got into a shrine.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Molybdenum posted:

I bought this on a whim last week. I beat the elephant and I've dipped my toes into the southern jungle and the desert.

My favorite part so far was equipping all metal equipment and standing on top of a rock waiting to be struck by lightning based on what a birdman song said. It worked, got into a shrine.
I guess that's the much more metal way to do it, but i just deposit a random sword on top of the rock and retreat a safe distance away.

Actually the really metal way to do it would be to use the camera selfie mode to pose heroically on top of the rock waiting to be struck by lightning

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This is now canon

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Man, the pre-dungeon content before the Rito beast is really short compared to the other three. You literally just stroll into the village, talk to two people, do a quick practice mini game then go off to fight the Big Bird.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Well they kinda had to have an easy one, right? The boss is basic as hell and it almost balances the gerudo boss. gently caress that guy.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Well they kinda had to have an easy one, right? The boss is basic as hell and it almost balances the gerudo boss. gently caress that guy.

yeah but you would think the easiest one would be the one closest to your starting point on the map. if you get to it third or fourth (like I imagine most people do their first time through) it's kind of underwhelming

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I didn’t even want to complete it cause I didn’t want to free Revali

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Calaveron posted:

And then gerudo town has the worst music in the game
Like every town gets a sweet remix of their original oot or ww theme but gerudo gets some boring generic desert theme instead of sweet Spanish guitar licks

Gerudo town has music? :confused:

wait.... towns have music???
The only music i ever noticed is Kass' kickass ditty and Hyrule Castle theme

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

this is the only real Gerudo music
https://youtu.be/dh5T3yn_Sjo

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

indigi posted:

Listened to the whole thing and absolutely agree.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

indigi posted:

I like Revali. I do admit to being biased toward birds, however.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

indigi posted:

Was expecting the molduga music but am pleasantly surprised.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

indigi posted:

Absolutely not disappointed.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

indigi posted:

I really appreciate Revali. Everyone else in the game spends their time metaphorically sucking Link's dick, and then there's this cocky rear end in a top hat who just doesn't like him. Then you free him from eternal imprisonment and he says "thanks I guess but you're still an overrated fuckboy" and swoops off.

That said, I still hate him personally and I'm glad he's dead.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

HenryEx posted:

I too like to play the game at minimum volume.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I did most of the dlc before I realized the blight fights were you reliving each champion's losing encounter, which is why you only had their weapons.

Backhand posted:

I feel like the Gerudo Ganonblight boss is kind of an odd duck; it seems much less puzzle based than most of them and more like an actual honest to God fight. At least, it was for me. After two or three combos I just figured out that he will ALWAYS teleport around the same number of times before attacking, and will ALWAYS end his teleport spam with an attack, so a backflip into flurry rush kicked his rear end. You don't need to know where he is if you know where he's going to be. Is there another way to do that fight?

I didn't even think to do the backflip, I just shield parried when he did the attack.

The lightning phase of the fight is much more satisfying and more puzzle-like.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Also re: boss order my wife tackled Gerudo first and she did not appreciate the map cranking the Yiga spawns up to 11 for the entire game, I think that's a pretty good clue they expected you to do that one later

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
On the other hand, the entire Zora quest set is comically easy if you're going in with the lightning-proof helm and Urbosa's Fury.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

YggiDee posted:

On the other hand, the entire Zora quest set is comically easy if you're going in with the lightning-proof helm and Urbosa's Fury.

there is no quest set, just show up with shock arrows from elsewhere (having climbed overland to skip all the fights along the trail) and you're good to go

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

But why would you not go though the Zora's river gauntlet, that's one of the most fun "levels" in the game

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Amppelix posted:

But why would you not go though the Zora's river gauntlet, that's one of the most fun "levels" in the game

Yeah I really liked that bit, wish there'd been more

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
i hope the next Zelda is a little more moody like oot and majoras mask. those games were bleak and creepy. Is majoras mask the creepiest Zelda?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Gay Horney posted:

i hope the next Zelda is a little more moody like oot and majoras mask. those games were bleak and creepy. Is majoras mask the creepiest Zelda?

Definitely. TP has some more gritty parts as well.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

HenryEx posted:

Rito Village's theme is my favorite (based off Dragon Roost Island theme from Wind Waker).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlg43w1aK8M

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Zat posted:

Rito Village's theme is my favorite (based off Dragon Roost Island theme from Wind Waker).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlg43w1aK8M

It's beautiful, I just wish I had a reason to spend more than five minutes there listening to it.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Runcible Cat posted:

Eh, at least you get to stop Bolson and Karson lounging by your house all bloody day.

(As long as you never speak to them again after the wedding.)

The fact that these two fucks don't get off my property is legitimately upsetting to me. They could just move across the bridge to their weird little gentrified neighborhood but no they gotta camp out right by my door? No gently caress you guys I didn't collect all that wood for nothing.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I don't mind them there, I just wanna be able to assign them more chores, increasingly expensive, outrageous, and fun.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

bbcisdabomb posted:

I really appreciate Revali. Everyone else in the game spends their time metaphorically sucking Link's dick, and then there's this cocky rear end in a top hat who just doesn't like him. Then you free him from eternal imprisonment and he says "thanks I guess but you're still an overrated fuckboy" and swoops off.

That said, I still hate him personally and I'm glad he's dead.

Revali says he didn’t put 100% effort into his fight against his blight boss

It was a throwaway line, sure, but it should have been his one moment of humility

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Straight White Shark posted:

Also re: boss order my wife tackled Gerudo first and she did not appreciate the map cranking the Yiga spawns up to 11 for the entire game, I think that's a pretty good clue they expected you to do that one later

you can avoid yiga encounters almost entirely once you realize that nobody walking along trails ever stops and waves you down for any other reason than being a yiga clan person that wants to fight you, which in retrospect kind of sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bleck posted:

you can avoid yiga encounters almost entirely once you realize that nobody walking along trails ever stops and waves you down for any other reason than being a yiga clan person that wants to fight you, which in retrospect kind of sucks

After you beat the Yiga Clan hideout, they just spawn undisguised and attack you all over the map.