Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
the venezuela thread has a bunch of tankies who aren't wrong when they point out that US intervention is almost guaranteed to be a poison pill but can't not be weird gross creeps about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Cease to Hope posted:

the venezuela thread has a bunch of tankies who aren't wrong when they point out that US intervention is almost guaranteed to be a poison pill but can't not be weird gross creeps about it

Everyone in foreign policy is a weird gross creep.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Cease to Hope posted:

nice whataboutism

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

exmarx posted:

nice whataboutism

people who post bad are much less bad than people who post evil but goddamn there are a lot of people who post bad

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

exmarx posted:

nice whataboutism

“But you are lynching negroes jacking off” (or whatever it is, I don’t read the Venezuela thread)

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
my osteopath sessions have evolved into me lying there doing deep breathing for forty-five minutes while a man who looks like white obama reverently fingers my cervical vertebrae like a cello string

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

pikachode posted:

my osteopath sessions have evolved into me lying there doing deep breathing for forty-five minutes while a man who looks like white obama reverently fingers my cervical vertebrae like a cello string

avs you are into some weird sex.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Lightning Knight posted:

I’m gonna put “I’ll finger your cervical vertebrae like a cello string” into my Tinder profile and see what happens

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich

Lightning Knight posted:

i am a 30-year-old virgin

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Lightning Knight posted:

weird sex is more scientifically valid than osteopathy

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/joabaldwin/status/1097316143377707008

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

this terrifies my cat

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Cease to Hope posted:

this terrifies my cat

One of mine is sitting in the doorway not sure whether to run or not.

The other started meowing in response because of course he would.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Lightning Knight posted:

VB has been supporting the intervention in Venezuela in the thread. I don’t know his particular stance on Abrams but supporting the intervention but condemning Abrams is a nonsense stance.

I have, have I? Funny how you dummies over there pass around little talking points that aren't true, based on the hearsay of the worlds stupidest grapevine, and still pretend to be the super smartest people ever, surrounded by a world of idiots. Everybody else is just a brainless savage. It's almost like an echo chamber or something.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Also furnaceface, did you see billy talent and rammstein dudes did a song together?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Volkerball posted:

I have, have I? Funny how you dummies over there pass around little talking points that aren't true, based on the hearsay of the worlds stupidest grapevine, and still pretend to be the super smartest people ever, surrounded by a world of idiots. Everybody else is just a brainless savage. It's almost like an echo chamber or something.

You've never seen a non-majority white country you didn't want to bomb, vb.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Volkerball posted:

:jerkbag: and yet you are allowed to post, even as you cry that people who disagree with you are extended the same courtesy.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
VB the fact that I immediately believe that you support Abrams, with no hesitation, should really make you stop and think about the way you present yourself

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
VB thinking would be a first

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Volkerball posted:

Also furnaceface, did you see billy talent and rammstein dudes did a song together?

wait what? when did this happen??

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
nice, the primary just got interminable

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Hey exmarx, I havnt head a single peep out of NZ since like, the fall. Is it a case of no news is good news? Is the new government actually working out well so far?

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich

Furnaceface posted:

Hey exmarx, I havnt head a single peep out of NZ since like, the fall. Is it a case of no news is good news? Is the new government actually working out well so far?
things are really quiet worldwide, it's unsettling

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

pikachode posted:

The rest of the world stops existing when north america isnt looking at it. This saves processing power.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

pikachode posted:

Its anything but quiet. Do they not broadcast world news down under?

Israel just tried to pick a fight with Poland or something.

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich

Furnaceface posted:

Its anything but quiet. Do they not broadcast world news down under?

Israel just tried to pick a fight with Poland or something.
lol

quote:

Israeli Foreign Minister Israel Katz said over the weekend that "Poles suckle anti-Semitism with their mothers' milk" and that "there were many Poles who collaborated with the Nazis".
he's not wrong

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
one of the reasons i will always really genuinely love ariel sharon is that he went around pointing at the most "civilised" european countries (hello, france) going "anti-semitic! anti-semitic! anti-semitic!!" and they would get so loving angry because he was always right

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

pikachode posted:

one of the reasons i will always really genuinely love ariel sharon is that he went around pointing at the most "civilised" european countries (hello, france) going "anti-semitic! anti-semitic! anti-semitic!!" and they would get so loving angry because he was always right

Telling Europeans their country has issues is never not funny.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Furnaceface posted:

opposition's still melting down in denial over their loss, which is p funny.

government is kinda failing to deliver on its programme, partly because they underestimated how hosed things were going to be, partly because it takes a lot of time to set up new institutions/undertake reviews/pass legislation (so it's too early to tell), partly because they're not willing to make big changes for the usual centre-left reasons.

they're also doing something that imo could be the next stage in 21st century social democracy, by taking a "wellbeing" approach to govt spending and policy development. it's interesting because it's considers benefits beyond $ but doesn't actually challenge the structure of the economy.

there's a reeferendum at next year's election too 😌

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

exmarx posted:

opposition's still melting down in denial over their loss, which is p funny.

government is kinda failing to deliver on its programme, partly because they underestimated how hosed things were going to be, partly because it takes a lot of time to set up new institutions/undertake reviews/pass legislation (so it's too early to tell), partly because they're not willing to make big changes for the usual centre-left reasons.

they're also doing something that imo could be the next stage in 21st century social democracy, by taking a "wellbeing" approach to govt spending and policy development. it's interesting because it's considers benefits beyond $ but doesn't actually challenge the structure of the economy.

there's a reeferendum at next year's election too 😌

what’s the referendum about? the flag thing?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

VB the fact that I immediately believe that you support Abrams, with no hesitation, should really make you stop and think about the way you present yourself

It says more about ya'll. I'm a snowflake liberal in the real world lol.

Furnaceface posted:

wait what? when did this happen??

A few months ago. It's not like the Greatest Song Ever, but I'm into it. Billy Talent is for sure underrated. Like they might be the best punk band of their generation, and I only happened to stumble across them one time otherwise I might not have even heard of them. Which is kinda hilarious considering how big Nickelback got coming from Canada.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6hNReAAe2U

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

what’s the referendum about? the flag thing?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Referendum seems like a dumb idea for that though. Unless they want it to fail.

Recreational weed has not turned Canada into a drug induced hippy hellscape though so maybe other countries wont be quite as afraid of it?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Volkerball posted:

It says more about ya'll. I'm a snowflake liberal in the real world lol.

this is really not helping your case

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Volkerball posted:

A few months ago. It's not like the Greatest Song Ever, but I'm into it. Billy Talent is for sure underrated. Like they might be the best punk band of their generation, and I only happened to stumble across them one time otherwise I might not have even heard of them. Which is kinda hilarious considering how big Nickelback got coming from Canada.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6hNReAAe2U

Thats not bad actually. Not what I was expecting considering the 2 bands involved though.

Still kind of bugs me that the garbage that gets put out up here ends up being what goes big south of the border. You should give a listen to The Arkells or Glorious Sons.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

you’ve lost me on this one

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Of course VB thinks some buttrock rear end poo poo is the best punk band of the generation and not like an actual cool dude making music about his life and putting on shows for ten bucks and giving away all his music

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

you’ve lost me on this one

Referendum on legalizing recreational marijuana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Of course VB thinks some buttrock rear end poo poo is the best punk band of the generation and not like an actual cool dude making music about his life and putting on shows for ten bucks and giving away all his music

You dont get rich being a musician in Canada. The last Billy Talent show I went to tickets were $12.50.