Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Yeah, I've had my own outpost for a while, came back to Squin to grab some stuff I forgot from my longhouse there

and it was a ruin again. For sale. What?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
It's the opposite for me, I'm finding stuff I built during older runs.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
In the land of Kenshi, the flow of time is convoluted. :darksouls:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i'm finding stuff other people have built!!!

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I would never criticize someone for doing automated mining in Kenshi, but it’s fun as hell to smash and grab tens of thousands worth of treasure from a Traders Guild bank and run the poo poo gauntlet of everyone in town trying to kill you.

Greader
Oct 11, 2012
lmao if you didn't spend your first hours of the game just running a character with an inventory full of the heaviest poo poo you can find in circles manually till they hit max strength.

One really dumb idea I had which I should maybe put into action when I got some time to play again: What happens if you make a fortress with the best possible gates, turrets and such. train up a squad of elite snipers that got 100 perception and turret skills and then decide to piss off literally every single faction in the game? I'd hope it ends with constant waves of attackers throwing themselves at your gates as well as fighting each other as Shek fight Holy Nation zealots fighting Skeletons and god knows what else. Maybe bonus points if you build the base in the fog lands or one of those beak things infested places where even on the quiet days you have constant murder happening at your front door.

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

Greader posted:

lmao if you didn't spend your first hours of the game just running a character with an inventory full of the heaviest poo poo you can find in circles manually till they hit max strength.

One really dumb idea I had which I should maybe put into action when I got some time to play again: What happens if you make a fortress with the best possible gates, turrets and such. train up a squad of elite snipers that got 100 perception and turret skills and then decide to piss off literally every single faction in the game? I'd hope it ends with constant waves of attackers throwing themselves at your gates as well as fighting each other as Shek fight Holy Nation zealots fighting Skeletons and god knows what else. Maybe bonus points if you build the base in the fog lands or one of those beak things infested places where even on the quiet days you have constant murder happening at your front door.

show me

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Speaking of constant murder, are there any areas that are green and rich with resources but full of savage natives and wildlife? I want to tame a dark corner of the world (not Okrans gift)

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
Gut is beautiful and full of things that want to eat you and people that want to enslave you.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Average Bear posted:

Speaking of constant murder, are there any areas that are green and rich with resources but full of savage natives and wildlife? I want to tame a dark corner of the world (not Okrans gift)

Go tame Arach

Report back.

edit: Oh you wanted rich and green mb

dogstile fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Feb 19, 2019

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Average Bear posted:

Shrieking Forest for natives, Gut or Unwanted Zone for wildlife. Sonorous Dark or Greyshelf if you hate yourself.

Edit: Honestly, everyone should try settling around the south eastern coast at least once, the raids you get there are something else.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
The Vain qualifies, in the sense of being full of life and angry beak things. It's more red than green, though.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I wondered why Vain's soil was so red. Then the first Beak Thing came around and I soon found out.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

And the trees. And the rivers. And the rain.

Actually, I think rain just means you're in someone else's splatter zone.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

zedprime posted:

Obviously you mine with a few guys while a ninja runs around stealing everything and while you wait for shops to respawn you take the whole crew hungry bandits hunting while the ninja hides around the corner.

I mean, that's literally how I roll. I've got four squads - my core team, my archers, my homebodies, and my ninja. The core team and archers go ranging on occasion to purge threats (and work the furnaces when they're at home so I can play pretty-pretty dress-up and poo poo out Skeleton-grade weapons and armor without having to leave home), the homebodies work the fields, construct the buildings, and train up on the occasional bands of hungry/dust bandits, and the ninja goes out and pisses everybody off by stealing their poo poo and hightailing it out of there (bonus points for getting the instant 15k bounty for trying to bribe the random HN inspector while carrying a bag full of AI Cores, Ancient Science Books, and Engineering Schematics recently liberated from Narko's Trap).

I guess the ninja recruits people too (getting into Mongrel by themselves was easy - getting out with four new people was quite the challenge!) and is our consummate grog dealer (soon to be hashish dealer because my hemp farm production is way in excess of what I actually need to use).

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Feb 19, 2019

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
My dogs are loving the Shrieking Forest.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Oh they don't stop coming huh

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I picked up this game recently and encountered an interesting, uh, bug? I was at the Tech Hunter town in Flats Lagoon, and a caravan from the Western Hive suddenly became hostile to the Tech Hunters, causing a giant brawl while my guys, neutral in the whole conflict, watched it play out. It turned out to be a gigantic boon for me, because I was able to loot the caravan's downed pack beasts for shittons of high value items which I immediately sold to the Tech Hunters in exchange for armor upgrades and stuff. The Western Hive keeps sending caravans too, and last I checked the Tech Hunters were getting overwhelmed. Sadly one of the shopkeepers seems to have disappeared, so I've decided to leave the town to its fate.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Yeah that happens sometimes and I don't think it will ever be fixed because it can be very amusing. If it gets really bad you could always import your save from the main menu.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

built a base in the cannibal plains, the beak things wander over from the leviathan coast to eat the stacks of dead cannibals laying on my doorstep. for some reason there are also shrieking bandits, who are also dead in the pile somewhere. maybe some shek in the mix too? I dunno, it's like that scene from the battle of the bastards.

all my turret dudes broke the 100 level skill plateau in like three days.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Turning the squad sizes to max and then wandering into a cannibal village is a very fun experience. It's a massive bloody mosh pit between hundreds of cannibals vs beak things, berserkers, cannibal hunters, and shrieking bandits.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Seriously, even just living near the Cannibal Plains will get you simply buried in cannibals, all the loving time. I built a base in Northern Coast and I get an average of three attacks a day, different tribe each time.

Luckily, cannibals are incredibly weak, so it's not really a danger - but man, I kind of wish they'd just take a day off every now and again.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

there are also three animal feeders, full of rotten meat from all the beak things that haven't been touched since the walls went up. the dogs have been living off a steady diet of cannibal arms and legs for weeks. built my base just slightly into the water, then left a gap in the walls at the back. maybe it's greasy... it's totally greasy, but some groups will get bored trying to beat down the door and make a swim for that gap, right past three harpoon turrets on a tower.

the water is also full of bodies.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Is there a simple "locate this character" cheat? I've spent like 5 hours trying to find one character doing laps around UC territories and its driving me nuts.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Average Bear posted:

Oh they don't stop coming huh

Is this sarcasm? Do they actually stop coming? I’ve never experimented too much in depth with this - I’ve always stopped when my PC starts to bog down on account of the piles of corpses.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Has anyone rewritten the recruitment mod so the dialogue and spelling reaches at least middle school levels

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

litany of gulps posted:

Is this sarcasm? Do they actually stop coming? I’ve never experimented too much in depth with this - I’ve always stopped when my PC starts to bog down on account of the piles of corpses.

I'm fairly certain they don't. I got out of there after half my guys were downed and that was 2 auto saves deep. You can "wipe out" camps or whatever what the patrols respawn

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Leal posted:

Is there a simple "locate this character" cheat? I've spent like 5 hours trying to find one character doing laps around UC territories and its driving me nuts.
Sadly no, but in general, named NPCs should stay within a particular city. Whoever you're looking for is probably hiding in a building somewhere.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

There is only one named character that matters and he comes to you when you enter mongrel

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
So I've built up a base and for some reason a good amount of walls have their town ownership set to other nearby towns, despite me owning it. This makes it so I can't deconstruct them. How do I fix this?

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Nuclearmonkee posted:

There is only one named character that matters and he comes to you when you enter mongrel

That's funny, I thought you had to go up to him at a bar in Mongrel?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Leal posted:

So I've built up a base and for some reason a good amount of walls have their town ownership set to other nearby towns, despite me owning it. This makes it so I can't deconstruct them. How do I fix this?

Probably because they're too far away from where you built the original building that "registered" the location of the base. I had that problem with one of the first big bases I built.

Edit: To fix it, you could try importing the save file.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Feb 21, 2019

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I'm pretty sure it's also possible to change building ownership with the editor, but I never could figure out how.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

I have awakened to the power of thievery. Stole a bunch of poo poo from a Holy farmstead, sold it at World's End, then stole a bunch of weapons from the weapon shop for upgrades and trade fodder for the next town I stop by. All this made possible by early game shenanigans where I kidnapped a dust bandit to practice martial arts on and swapped items while he was playing dead to make him get up and fight me, which resulted in training my thieving skill to 30+.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Tarezax posted:

I have awakened to the power of thievery. Stole a bunch of poo poo from a Holy farmstead, sold it at World's End, then stole a bunch of weapons from the weapon shop for upgrades and trade fodder for the next town I stop by. All this made possible by early game shenanigans where I kidnapped a dust bandit to practice martial arts on and swapped items while he was playing dead to make him get up and fight me, which resulted in training my thieving skill to 30+.

That's not all thievery/stealth can do. At night, you can use it to open up lost libraries/tech sites right under the noses of some of the game's most dreaded opponents (e.g., blood spiders) without needing to take a huge contingent of people to wipe them out. This is very handy for looting sites in Vain, because not only will there be blood spiders but there will also be beak things on top of that (who are very good at wounding/eating the poo poo out of your squads on the way there). The major caveat is that it will be really hard to take stuff home (as these sites often contain a lot of very useful/expensive robotic parts on top of ancient science books and engineering schematics).

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

If your ninjas are strong enough you can give them wooden backpacks to keep in their inventory, then pull them out while looting to stack stuff into. The hardest thing to loot is generator cores since they're so drat heavy but you can fit a lot onto one person otherwise. The encumbrance will start to degrade your stealth but then another solution is to post someone up outside the building and just hand the wooden backpack to them when it starts filling up.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
You train your pack bull to be stealthy too. They won't be ninja stealthy but they don't need to be. They just need to get within gear transfer distance of an ancient tower.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

zedprime posted:

You train your pack bull to be stealthy too. They won't be ninja stealthy but they don't need to be. [s]They just need to get within gear transfer distance of an ancient tower.[/s[ be carried by your swole rear end ninja

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

quote:

I have awakened to the power of thievery. 
Welcome to the dark side. We have everything, because we already stole it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

LuiCypher posted:

That's not all thievery/stealth can do. At night, you can use it to open up lost libraries/tech sites right under the noses of some of the game's most dreaded opponents (e.g., blood spiders) without needing to take a huge contingent of people to wipe them out. This is very handy for looting sites in Vain, because not only will there be blood spiders but there will also be beak things on top of that (who are very good at wounding/eating the poo poo out of your squads on the way there). The major caveat is that it will be really hard to take stuff home (as these sites often contain a lot of very useful/expensive robotic parts on top of ancient science books and engineering schematics).

I still need to train up my stealth, as it's only 7 or so atm. For now I'm just relying on being entirely outside of sight lines while I loot containers.