Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the only odd thing about it was the ban wave happened way-after-the-fact when the thread had mostly chilled out after being warned--- i say that but there was one person that thought posting miku bound in a trunk would be a good idea and hopefully they also got smacked

some of those people i guess wont be back for the next GDQ because permas were handed out. so the next thread should be way better by default. but it did lead to a lot of discussion from people who were like "i like to chill chat but i also like to actually chat and not just post images and emptyquote nonstop"

i mean theres a thread for that already and its in adtrw (im exaggerating)

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Feb 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPnm1KGSzOY

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Unrelated to anything, but Shy guys are my favourite Mario enemy

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Jay Rust posted:

Smb2 is the best thing to happen to the franchise

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The Colonel posted:

man i forgot that metal arms is a lotta game for a commercially unsuccessful 2004 shooter. i'm used to third person shooter campaigns being like six to eight hours long, but twelve is a whole other level. i still have more than half a game ahead of me

"Timesplitters 2 can't be very long, I can beat this on a 1-day rental" -me in 2002

I wracked up 3 days in late fees. I could've saved $5 if I just got the 5-day rental. Don't be cheap.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

al-azad posted:

"Timesplitters 2 can't be very long, I can beat this on a 1-day rental" -me in 2002

I wracked up 3 days in late fees. I could've saved $5 if I just got the 5-day rental. Don't be cheap.

if thq nordic doesn't rerelease timesplitters 2 in hd after buying the license for it they will lose my respect

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

A reminder of how good FF8 is
https://twitter.com/christinelove/status/1097232731187097600

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I take it back, Jim Sterling saying "triple ayyyyyyy" has wrapped around to being funny

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Top 10 Anime Fights

https://twitter.com/cobretty_/status/1097160549530402817

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

It's between them and boos and chain chomps.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
When Vegeta's dying and he's like "you're all right, Kakarot" and I'm just like :3:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't think Japanese people are born with some kind of tetris gene

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Is there a pattern to the blocks Tetris gives you or is it all random?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

it hasn't really been random since the very first versions. it's weighted to give you pieces you haven't gotten recently, and there's probably some other math behind it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Different games have different rulesets but the Tetris Guidelines mandate an equal distribution of 7-bag permutations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

al-azad posted:

Is there a pattern to the blocks Tetris gives you or is it all random?

T99 is made by Arika so it might be using some variant of the TGM randomizer or possibly the Random Generator

Edit: Upon closer inspection Arika has indeed conformed to the Tetris Guideline and so it's using the Random Generator

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Feb 20, 2019

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Different games have different rulesets but the Tetris Guidelines mandate an equal distribution of 7-bag permutations.

Yeah this. You will see a piece twice every 14 pieces minimum. the furthest that pair can be apart is if the first was 1 of 7 in bag 1 and the second was 7 of 7 in bag 2

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
What was the point of people paying more to get to play Anthem early if the experience is going to be better with the patch released the day it's available to everyone?

And by that I mean what did the people paying get out of it not...not the whole pay to play early scheme point I know the point of that it was to get more dollars.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Viewtiful Jew posted:

What was the point of people paying more to get to play Anthem early if the experience is going to be better with the patch released the day it's available to everyone?

And by that I mean what did the people paying get out of it not...not the whole pay to play early scheme point I know the point of that it was to get more dollars.

Getting to be first, duh. More so if you are an Influencer,

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

chumbler posted:

Getting to be first, duh. More so if you are an Influencer,

I'd get that if this were an established franchise and you're like one of those YouTube channels that puts out "EVERY BOSS FIGHT" videos that spoil everything for people the day the game comes out like you're getting a jump on something with an already built-in fandom.

Hell it'd make sense if it were a Mass Effect game because then you could be the first to put out a dumb "EVERY ROMANCE SCENE!" video.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
tetris is boring

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

oddium posted:

in mgs1 sniper wolf talks about how big boss took her away from a life on the battlefield and it's v funny to me to imagine him fultoning her

*game theory voice* is quiet sniper wolf???

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I'd get that if this were an established franchise and you're like one of those YouTube channels that puts out "EVERY BOSS FIGHT" videos that spoil everything for people the day the game comes out like you're getting a jump on something with an already built-in fandom.

Hell it'd make sense if it were a Mass Effect game because then you could be the first to put out a dumb "EVERY ROMANCE SCENE!" video.

People get hyped to play a new game. First it's from BioWare. Second, it's a loot & shoot and those tend to build up a little more hype I feel. Maybe not.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Verranicus posted:

tetris is boring

Hurr

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Verranicus posted:

tetris is boring

good to know tetris can't measure up to the rape fetish rpgs you used to shill you massive weirdo

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

paying to play a game a week early, and then nodding sagely when they talk about the day one patch, seven days after you started playing it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Seriously though what song is that Anthem YouTube ad theme a cover of

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

loving t-spinner. The game is called Tetris, not T-Spin! Win using a Tetris! I got my first 1st place today with 0 t-spins!
(I'm still learning how to t-spin well and this video does a good job of showing how best to set them up...)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Seriously though what song is that Anthem YouTube ad theme a cover of

"Comfortably Dumb"

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
is it worth it to buy a switch so that i can play tetris 99? i might also use it for bathroom tetris 99

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
If that's what it takes. You could probably just get a calculator, LED watch, or a litebrite that plays tetris.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Penguin Patrol posted:

is it worth it to buy a switch so that i can play tetris 99? i might also use it for bathroom tetris 99

no but what kind of games do you like? there's probably at least one other game on the switch you'd be into

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it's also a game that requires nintendo's extremely bare bones online subscription. the price of it is cheap but you get what you pay for. aka, cloud saves, barely any games that support online play, a couple dozen emulated NES games, and Tetris 99.. and that's it

i remember when they were talking about how nintendo online would provide extra rewards/coupons and stuff and, well.. i guess that was literally just a literal lie 'cause they aint done that

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's funny that nintendo online literally only justifies its existence by being insanely cheap

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

DaveKap posted:

loving t-spinner. The game is called Tetris, not T-Spin! Win using a Tetris! I got my first 1st place today with 0 t-spins!
(I'm still learning how to t-spin well and this video does a good job of showing how best to set them up...)

What if it stands for Tetris-spin

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
It would be a lot easier for me if they patched a BR mode into Tetris Effect. I felt real good about my PS4 decision, but this is the first exclusive that legit has me bummed.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Anthem has a lower aggregate score than Mass Effect Andromeda lol

https://opencritic.com/game/7084/anthem

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's cool that ea made them release anthem as a literal beta

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Colonel posted:

it's funny that nintendo online literally only justifies its existence by being insanely cheap

Every console online service is a scam so at least they were sensible about the price. And I've played more NES games than PS+ Freebies already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Colonel posted:

it's cool that ea made them release anthem as a literal beta

It's still amazing to me that they just dropped Apex on it and pretty much guaranteed it to be DOA