Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Sandpuppy posted:

Haven't heard this scorcher since the 4th grade.

:thunk: the gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Lightning Knight posted:

When you gently caress a vagina you get a baby
When you gently caress a butt you get poopies

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Lightning Knight posted:

Something something "how long does it take for x minority / gay person to take a poo poo?" "9 months" low level effort joke.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I can't believe AOC personally killed Jeff Bezos ensuring that jobs can never be created ever again.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
~A black woman :smuggo: ~ a white male.

Raised By Birds posted:

Didn't I hear something about Amazon paying $0 in taxes? Also good call I guess, to everyone predicting the line would be AOC personally drove Amazon out of New York.
:umberto: says AOC is both stupid, crazy, AND destroyed the richest company in world history.

I mean to ME if capitalism is so great why did Amazon need the government money but what do I know about money?

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Electric Phantasm posted:

I can't believe AOC personally killed Jeff Bezos ensuring that jobs can never be created ever again.

I support her and this platform 100%

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Lightning Knight posted:

I missed it too. Look at the baby in panel three.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
New York City, as we all know, is absolutely STARVED for office jobs, so

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Why are you naming the tree the three branches? Draw a trunk with three limbs cut off you idiot.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Raised By Birds posted:

Didn't I hear something about Amazon paying $0 in taxes? Also good call I guess, to everyone predicting the line would be AOC personally drove Amazon out of New York.

Actually they're getting a tax refund this year.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
My favorite talking point as when...I forgot who, either the governor or mayor...said that AOC was dumb for talking about it 'costing' 3 billion because those were just TAX BREAKS, it wasn't REAL MONEY New York was paying!

Then of course they go right to saying what hypothetical future money Amazon would bring totally IS real mney.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Honestly their housing being unattainably expensive is one of NYC's larger problems, and a lack of tech jobs and corporate headquarters is somewhere at the bottom of the list near "too far from the ocean" sooooooo

seems like a no-brainer honestly :shrug:

Really NYC is one of the places where HQ2 might have done the least damage since there's very little there left ungentrified to begin with but I don't blame local pols for wanting to stop the bleeding, even if it WAS because of them (which it wasn't)

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Sandpuppy posted:

I didn't know Stonetoss' parents were a gay couple. It's nice to have some autobiographical comics from him.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Sandpuppy posted:

Christ.

Gaybies nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBT) in a Cartoon

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Somfin posted:

Jesus, Stiglich. This is it, this is the most racist toon in the thread. "Not only was the attempted lynching fake, but the attackers were ni[MAGA HAT] bros! Also I'm gonna portray them as black, with grey hoodies even, because that might be too subtle."

The attackers were Nigerian, so I'm sure Stiglich was gleeful at the chance to write "ni(concealed)" even though everyone knows what he actually meant.

And of course every chud in the universe is using this as a reason to claim that all hate crimes are made up by Democrats.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Oh geez that Stonetoss. Wowza.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Gaybies nomination: Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's even worse than the Jerry Lewis obit.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

You’d think Branco would be happy he got mildly inconvenienced considering Trump hates him.

SimplyCosmic
May 18, 2004

It could be worse.

Not sure how, but it could be.
While the worst cartoons seem to always come from conservatives, I'm wondering about the flipside.

Are there any hilariously bad liberal cartoonists on the level of Ted Rall or Ben Garrison?

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Sandpuppy posted:

Pedophile.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

SimplyCosmic posted:

While the worst cartoons seem to always come from conservatives, I'm wondering about the flipside.

Are there any hilariously bad liberal cartoonists on the level of Ted Rall or Ben Garrison?

Andy Marlette is probably to the right of most liberals but he could be pretty bad sometimes. Clay Bennett is a pretty good cartoonist overall but his efforts since Trump won have been pretty boring and lovely.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

InsertPotPun posted:

:umberto: says AOC is both stupid, crazy, AND destroyed the richest company in world history.

I mean to ME if capitalism is so great why did Amazon need the government money but what do I know about money?

Well, Donald Trump is stupid, crazy, and destroying the richest country in world history.

“I’ve been fired forever because of AOC! What am I going to do?”

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Sandpuppy posted:

Well he heard it from his girlfriend, so it must still be going around the 4th grade.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

eagerly stanning AoC's new castrate all cishet men political cartoonists plank

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

SeANMcBAY posted:

Andy Marlette is probably to the right of most liberals but he could be pretty bad sometimes. Clay Bennett is a pretty good cartoonist overall but his efforts since Trump won have been pretty boring and lovely.

Bennett at his worst is just kind of bland and vacuous, reusing the same visual metaphors and saying little of substance, though with good art and composition.

Speaking of which, I came across this old Bennett on Twitter, not sure what it's about and there's no date:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

SimplyCosmic posted:

There's always Friend of Rall Stephanie McMillan.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Selachian posted:

There's always Friend of Rall Stephanie McMillan.

Now that's a blast from the past.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Bombadilillo posted:

When you gently caress a vagina you get a baby
When you gently caress a butt you get poopies

Thank you. I don't know what it says about me that I had no clue what was going on here or what the gently caress that was in the baby blanket.

Christ, what an arsehole.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Jurgan posted:

“I’ve been fired forever because of AOC! What am I going to do?”

"I'm quitting my $100,000 a year job, suckers. We've got AOC now!"

SerialKilldeer posted:

Bennett at his worst is just kind of bland and vacuous, reusing the same visual metaphors and saying little of substance, though with good art and composition.

Speaking of which, I came across this old Bennett on Twitter, not sure what it's about and there's no date:

I'll have a go at this. "We should carefully consider the ethical ramifications of using technologies like CRISPR." Only stupider.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

and just like that, I am fully erect

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Jurgan posted:

On the other hand, Orwell would hate how “Orwellian” has become a generic criticism that anyone on the political spectrum can use. It’s the same as how he complained “fascism” had come to simply mean “something not desirable.” And he was saying that in 1946. Incidentally, if you haven’t read Politics and the English Language, you really should; it’s a masterpiece. http://www.orwell.ru/library/essays/politics/english/e_polit

:hmmyes: That is so Kafkaesque.

Please no meat-touching, ma'am.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Rincewinds posted:

"Mateusz Morawiecki withdrew his country’s involvement in the summit after Yisrael Katz, who was appointed acting Israeli foreign minister on Sunday, said Poles “suckle antisemitism with their mother’s milk” and accused all Polish people of harbouring “innate” antisemitism."

Broken clock and all that.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

SerialKilldeer posted:

Ask him.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

After The War posted:

:hmmyes: That is so Kafkaesque.

Please no meat-touching, ma'am.

Don't worry, I appreciate this reference.

For content:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Worst episode of Jeopardy! ever.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

SimplyCosmic posted:

Most of the bad liberal artists can at least draw and make jokes and they tend to stay within the realm of bland anti-Trump work that doesn’t really say anything edgy. They’re not as wildly offensive and untalented as someone like Branco or hilarious self-important hacks like Rall.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Animal Nuz kinda came close to a "Liberal Garrison", at least in that it could get pretty cheerleader-y, but at least you never got that visceral hatred like with Ben.

I actually kinda miss Animal Nuz...

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

What if our cartoons are just as bad and we don't realise it.

What if like... Bors is our Garrison...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Katt posted:

What if our cartoons are just as bad and we don't realise it.

What if like... Bors is our Garrison...

I think about this sometime.

Then I lol because Donald Trump is president.