Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Hey, use the knife on bullets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I think Super Hot might have been one of the most dissapointing games of the generation but thats mostly on me because what I thought/wanted it to be was was not what it was.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm sorry you are terrible at Super Hot, but please don't take it out on Super Hot

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
What did you think it was going to be

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I just tried to preorder Sekiro at my usual place and got a 'sorry we are not taking anymore preorders of this please check again' message which I have literally never seen before so it can't be doing that badly.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Infinitum posted:

I'm sorry you are terrible at Super Hot, but please don't take it out on Super Hot

I quit playing Super Hot out of boredom, not difficulty.

Steve Yun posted:

What did you think it was going to be

A puzzle game, and definitely not one with a story I needed to skip.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Sakurazuka posted:

Where are you seeing discounts? It's ridiculous normal price everywhere I can see here.

GMG and the steel box edition is going for regular price of 59.99 on amazon right now. Even partial Acitivision games charge more for that, but then again they only handle sales out of Asia and Japan.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
That’s like seeing a commercial for burgers, walking into a burger shop and ordering a burger and complaining that it doesn’t taste like a pizza

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

That’s like seeing a commercial for burgers, walking into a burger shop and ordering a burger and complaining that it doesn’t taste like a pizza

Thats why I said on me. I saw what looked like a technically demanding FPS with a time stop mechanic and thought it'd be focused on that rather than just sort of being a middling FPS game with a gimmick.

Like for reference for me the few times the power up that does the same thing in Dusk shows up are better than the entirety of Super Hot since the game its built on is a really fun FPS even without the gimmick.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You are not being super hot right now Barudak

Looking forward to whatever nightmarish hell the shopkeeper turns into in the Link's Awakening remake
https://twitter.com/parkerrsimmons/status/1062120169005182977

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
He bricks your switch for a while day.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Steve Yun posted:

Mmmm, pizzer

...er, hampizza :munch:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
https://store.steampowered.com/app/755500/ONE_PIECE_World_Seeker/

Finally they put it up.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Really wish Six Ages was out on PC, cause I've been itching to do a Let's Play of it for a while. I don't have an Apple products, so I can't run the iOS app just to do screencaps to edit.

And like.. I get that we have an LP by GreyjoyBastard of it already

..but I really wanna run another comedic LP and gently caress with the ducks like we did last time (with the immediate followup LP, cause you 100% should not gently caress with the ducks)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm aware you can run an iOS emulator on PC, but you legit have no idea how easy it was editing hundreds upon hundreds of screen caps when you had direct access to all the scene images in the game folders

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Barudak posted:

Thats why I said on me. I saw what looked like a technically demanding FPS with a time stop mechanic and thought it'd be focused on that rather than just sort of being a middling FPS game with a gimmick.

Like for reference for me the few times the power up that does the same thing in Dusk shows up are better than the entirety of Super Hot since the game its built on is a really fun FPS even without the gimmick.
it is focused on it, though

like its not a puzzle game its a time trial game, the idea is to get clearing the stages down more and more efficiently

(on the other hand agreed that the story sucks)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Apex Legends has double the views that Fortnite does

I was really baffled by how it managed to succeed where all other imitators have failed, but a stream I watched the other day actually explained it pretty well; Apex Legends is the only game that was actually designed to be a BR. PUBG is a complete mess for a ton of reasons, and Fortnite just copied PUBG to salvage its pathetic main game. Then Fortnite became popular, and everyone just copied Fortnite. Nobody was actually building a BR from the groundup thinking about how to make it really work. Everyone was just copying Fortnite, which was copying PUBG, which was a piece of trash. It was like a feedback loop of failure that Apex managed to break out of by doing its own thing.

I deleted Black Ops 4 yesterday after playing Blackout on/off the last few months because I was getting bored with it and the big update yesterday was pretty meh (it's like a heist theme and you can buy lootboxes now) They seem to be ramping up the monetization stuff but it's all icons/sprays/boring camos/hideous weapon skins so idk who's buying it (also they kept trying to sell me a nazi for 600 cod points)

I think the update also added some qol stuff Apex Legends had which is kind of funny (like being able to transfer all your attachments onto a gun you pick up)

idk maybe I'll download it when I get home from work

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Man it's snowing pretty heavily here so I guess I'm spending the day playing (finishing?) Iconoclasts and staying cozy.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

pubg is still fun to me but all the players left are p good and im not 😫

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Pigbuster posted:

Please tell me she's doing an entire week out of these

She has been doing a few perspective-trick strips lately
https://twitter.com/SluggoIsLit/status/1096675374702956545?s=19

https://twitter.com/SluggoIsLit/status/1097037815127396353?s=19

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Seriously though what song is that Anthem YouTube ad theme a cover of

I'm not sure which ad you're referring to but the TV ads I've seen use a cover of "Crazy Train" by Ozzy Osbourne.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
another AL thing that stands out, becsause they stole it from Overwatch and not the BRs: likable voiced characters (and a still small but obviously growing metagame)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The Colonel posted:

if thq nordic doesn't rerelease timesplitters 2 in hd after buying the license for it they will lose my respect

It would own to get a pc port of the timesplitters games in hd with online capability

corn in the bible posted:

good to know tetris can't measure up to the rape fetish rpgs you used to shill you massive weirdo

That went 0 to 100 real quick, the hell's this about

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I wouldn't mind seeing someone take a swing at a modern iteration of the timesplitters style party fps, but I'm not 100% sure what I'd expect such a thing to look like.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Me: Neat, Umbrella Academy was adapted as a show
Internet: who the gently caress is Gerard Way?
Me crumbling into dust: Let me take you back to a time where calling someone emo was a slur and Coheed & Cambria found mainstream success...

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Crabtree posted:

I'm still a little worried about Sekiro and how its getting discounts right now. Don't know if that's sweating the competition it has or if its lack of faith in its own product.

Also its published by Activision and -- ehhhh.

At least share the discounts with us, dick :mad:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

al-azad posted:

Me: Neat, Umbrella Academy was adapted as a show
Internet: who the gently caress is Gerard Way?
Me crumbling into dust: Let me take you back to a time where calling someone emo was a slur and Coheed & Cambria found mainstream success...

I looked this person up and I still have no idea who the gently caress they are.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Every time I hear about "umbrella academy" I have to suppress a reflexive thought that it has something to do with Resident Evil

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I'm getting kind of pumped about Dreams. I always get creative urges when I see a new game toolbox, which is why my laptop is loaded with stuff like GameMaker, RPGMaker, and Inform 7. I've been watching a lot of videos about Dreams creations and creative techniques, and my wife seems pretty keen on it as well. I'm interested to know what this announcement is going to be today (secret, immediate release plz).

I've been playing some REmake since my RE2 schedule sucks (once a week for a few hours only), and I'm farther than I've ever gotten before. I've just wrapped up the Residence and am heading back to the mansion with the last key. I'm not crazy about the mansion since it's a bunch of tight spaces and I feel like I've already run a dozen laps around it trying to get the death masks, but hopefully whatever this helmet key opens will be worth it. I'm also worried that I'm going to play through the whole game without ever using this grenade launcher if only because I'm never sure when I need to kit myself out for a boss battle. That and two of my inventory slots have been more or less permanently occupied by a lighter and flask.

RE2 rules. I'm only playing it when my friend is over so the going is a lot slower than I'd like, but after two nights I'm collecting chess pieces as Leon and I figure I'm about half-way through his story. I feel like there's just the right balance between supplies and danger, and while I've had times where my supply box is brimming with herbs and gunpowder there always seems to be some sort of equalizing situation that leaves me with only a few rounds and whatever plant-life I can find. Properly tense, but I'm looking forward to finishing up Claire B so I can start Claire A while wearing headphones and going at my open pace.

Here's a clip from my playtime last night, for color.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW4GNC7Srb0

Barudak
May 7, 2007

haveblue posted:

Every time I hear about "umbrella academy" I have to suppress a reflexive thought that it has something to do with Resident Evil

Wait it doesn't? What the gently caress.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Barudak posted:

Wait it doesn't? What the gently caress.

Its some comic book poo poo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

haveblue posted:

I'm not sure which ad you're referring to but the TV ads I've seen use a cover of "Crazy Train" by Ozzy Osbourne.

Thank you. Hearing that five-second snippet like ten times a day was driving me up the wall

I guess playing Anthem is like taking the "crazy train" huh :v:

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Infinitum posted:

Bought Superhot VR

Gonna play a whole shitload this weekend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzG7Wc6mbwE

Super
Hot

Super
Hot

If you're playing on PSVR, stand back far enough that your camera can see you when you crouch down to pick something up and also when you lift your hands over your head. If you're playing on PC, congrats, you probably won't have the problems I did with it!

I've been playing a bunch of Ace Combat 7 and while it is very fun, it's also incredibly stressful. People on the radio are constantly telling me that I'm loving up and not blowing things up fast enough all while there are the constant beeps of my plane locking on to something and the beeps of an enemy locking on to me. As I get better at the game, it always feels like the game is upping the difficulty just past where I am. The feeling of accomplishment after finishing a mission successfully is huge, but it's because of how much of a setback failing a mission can be.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MMF Freeway posted:

Its some comic book poo poo

Well I clearly wasn't watching it anyway, so its not like I can watch it less.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Endorph posted:

that wasn't a story, it was "hey do our viral marketing for us please?"

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Good morning chat thread. My office closed because of snow so I'm spending the day drinking coffee and playing TTYD. I hope you all are having an enjoyable day.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Wildtortilla posted:

Good morning chat thread. My office closed because of snow so I'm spending the day drinking coffee and playing TTYD. I hope you all are having an enjoyable day.

Heck yes. We got ice yesterday afternoon but the roads cleared up this morn so no snow day for me. Please enjoy a chill day on my behalf.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Endorph posted:

it is focused on it, though

like its not a puzzle game its a time trial game, the idea is to get clearing the stages down more and more efficiently

Agreed, its a series of small encounters you're encouraged to complete as quickly as possible. The issue I had is the encounters weren't that interesting since the games core mechanics felt underwhelming and the way the "play faster" and "time slows down" intersected made me feel unsatisfied even when theoretically going fast. Again, for me, the way Dusk handles it just clicks in my brain infinitely better.

The story was abysmal and every time somebody does the SUPER. HOT. thing I cringe.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Are you saying that it's not the most innovative shooter you've played in years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The pacing of DQ Builders is so weird, the start of a chapter is you running around scrounging stuff to make a single piece of equipment and two healing potion to hopefully survive the next mandatory fight up until you gain access to some metal at which point combat is utterly perfunctory until the boss.