Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
The best part of the Matrix is at the very end, when Neo lifts the receiver on a random payphone and just belts out this whole speech to the Communist Gangster Computer God about how, “yeah, we’re gonna gently caress you up. You’re gonna get hosed, Computer God. You better watch your fucken back.” And it’s like mate, there’s nobody there. You’re talking to a dial tone but Rage kicks in on the soundtrack and Neo’s internal monologue just goes HOOAGH CALM LIKE A BOMB as he transforms into an airplane.

So, I’m saying The Matrix: top three libertarian movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I’m 20 minutes into Bohemian Rhapsody and it feels like a checklist of Important Queen Moments instead of a story. Does it get better?

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Steve Yun posted:

I’m 20 minutes into Bohemian Rhapsody and it feels like a checklist of Important Queen Moments instead of a story. Does it get better?

hahahahaaaa nope

Keep with it though because it gets a whole bunch of popular Important Queen Moments totally wrong

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Steve Yun posted:

Oh no. If anything, it gets worse!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Steve Yun posted:

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Steve Yun posted:

It feels that way right up until near the end of the movie, but then the last line turns the whole thing on its head and basically redeems the entire movie, and you realise they were going somewhere with it all along. You've got to watch it to the end. But don't skip to the last scene, that'll ruin it.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
I'm thinking of back-to-backing Stan and Ollie and Vox Lux at my local arthouse cinema tomorrow, how much tonal whiplash am I going to suffer?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
He's right and whoops here's the ending in it's entirety

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
This is basically a Wikipedia article

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

axelblaze posted:

He's right and whoops here's the ending in it's entirety

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip5OTN5XWQ0

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

The best part of the Matrix is at the very end, when Neo lifts the receiver on a random payphone and just belts out this whole speech to the Communist Gangster Computer God about how, “yeah, we’re gonna gently caress you up. You’re gonna get hosed, Computer God. You better watch your fucken back.” And it’s like mate, there’s nobody there. You’re talking to a dial tone but Rage kicks in on the soundtrack and Neo’s internal monologue just goes HOOAGH CALM LIKE A BOMB as he transforms into an airplane.

So, I’m saying The Matrix: top three libertarian movie.

That was reloaded you poser, the track in the first film is Wake Up.

A dog and his man
Jan 24, 2019

by R. Guyovich

Krazyface posted:

It feels that way right up until near the end of the movie, but then the last line turns the whole thing on its head and basically redeems the entire movie, and you realise they were going somewhere with it all along. You've got to watch it to the end. But don't skip to the last scene, that'll ruin it.

I just want to quote this cause I can’t watch movies with most of my friends anymore. It sucks.

We will get like 30 minutes into a film and they will say this suck and tune out.

I’m just like dude it’s a 2 hour movie!

Yeah, don’t even get me going on TV Series...

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
It's pretty great that Bernie is going to be the next president and lock chuck Schumer up in a gulag

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

It's pretty great that Bernie is going to be the next president and lock chuck Schumer up in a gulag

look at this doink who thinks americans won't hesitate to collectively shoot themselves in the head a second time.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

K. Waste posted:

I’m not a big fan of Rage (and frankly whenever I have the opportunity I mention Gang of Four was so much better), but that soundtrack choice is perfect.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I think Dickeye's reading of the matrix is valid and compelling but I still don't think it's a very good movie, mostly because I think the action sequences are really bad when you get past the bullet time stuff.

The lobby gunfight fuckin sucks rear end, so does the Neo/Morpheus fight.

The end is cool, though

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Feb 20, 2019

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

These Matrix hot takes are loving horrible.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

The lobby gunfight fuckin sucks rear end, so does the Neo/Morpheus fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH6Acpzurb0

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The Matrix is sick as hell

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Remember when everything parodied The Matrix for the few years after The Matrix came out?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The Neo/Morpheus fight is maybe ok because it at least has some character to it but I will stand by that lobby sequence being insanely bad

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Detective No. 27 posted:

Remember when everything parodied The Matrix for the few years after The Matrix came out?

That’s what I’m saying, The Matrix blew American action cinema wide open, and everyone wanted a piece of it, but no film except Fury Road has attempted to best it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s awesome. It’s slow motion and has a rad score behind it.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
What gets me about the lobby shootout is the sheer carnage, all the physical dust and title exploding everywhere is something special, and you don’t get that many other places, especially in the era of $250 million blockbusters where people just shoot lasers at each other.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I have almost forgotten what the original song is like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC0gR_Hivnk

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I watched the Matrix last night and the thing that surprised me a bit was Neo shooting the guards in cold blood at the start of the lobby shootout. Seemed like something you wouldn’t see now, and I’m surprised they got away with it so close to Columbine.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Edit never mind! I swore matrix came out after columbine.

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Feb 20, 2019

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Coffee And Pie posted:

I watched the Matrix last night and the thing that surprised me a bit was Neo shooting the guards in cold blood at the start of the lobby shootout. Seemed like something you wouldn’t see now, and I’m surprised they got away with it so close to Columbine.

The Matrix got a wide release less than a month before Columbine.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

K. Waste posted:

♫ Wake up ‘round the family / With a pocket full of shells / I’m calm like a bomb / And I’m here to raise hell ♫

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
If you like nerdy sports stuff heres an hour long quest for the saddest punt ever in the NFL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9H9LwGmc-0

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

X-Ray Pecs posted:

The Matrix got a wide release less than a month before Columbine.

Really? Geez I could have sworn it was 98, guess not

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
I think K Waste is 1000% right about the Matrix (there’s a reason r/theredpill is about waking up to the hidden reality that...women are evil).

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Trinity is awesome though

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Timby posted:

The GameCube was weirdly under-powered, but it was helped by the guys at ArtX (who built the GPU) being absolute loving witch doctors when it came to setting up system logic and a GPU that could crank out some amazing stuff.

In the case of Rogue Leader, that game had the added bonus of the guys at Factor 5 being wizards themselves.

Yeah there's a very good Wii/Gamecube Emulator called Dolphin, the guys making it are insanely devoted and have made it run very well, EXCEPT they can't get the Rogue Squadron games to work on it because Factor 5 did some crazy poo poo with the hardware that they just can't emulate.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I’m not a big fan of Rage (and frankly whenever I have the opportunity I mention Gang of Four was so much better), but that soundtrack choice is perfect.

I love GoF more than is healthy, but Rage is pretty far down the list of bands that I would compare as inferior to GoF.

Edit: unless you are focusing more on the bands politics and less on their sound. To which I say I still have no idea why GoF lives for a rare essence but I live to shake my rear end to that track all day every day.

Voodoofly fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Feb 20, 2019

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

CelticPredator posted:

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

O Mamma mia, mamma mia!

Is a better film than this!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

The Neo/Morpheus fight is maybe ok because it at least has some character to it but I will stand by that lobby sequence being insanely bad

Wrong

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Scalding hot take: the only good action scenes in The Matrix is Cipher's betrayal and Neo v Agent Smith (part 1 and 2). The lobby scene and neo Morpheus suck rear end (killing security guards in cold blood is v good tho).

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Why are they bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Voodoofly posted:

I love GoF more than is healthy, but Rage is pretty far down the list of bands that I would compare as inferior to GoF.

Edit: unless you are focusing more on the bands politics and less on their sound. To which I say I still have no idea why GoF lives for a rare essence but I live to shake my rear end to that track all day every day.

The politics and the mixture of aggressive rock music and funk is why I compare them, but mostly I’m just a pretentious poo poo.