Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I don't really follow Pokemon, but Jan Ochoa over at GiantBomb does these Monday Night Combat streams of Let's Go Pikachu multiplayer battles, so I've been tuning in here and there.

It led me to realize that if you mega-evolve Kangaskhan, it's baby jumps out of the pouch and gets to fight too! It's so great, I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

precision posted:

Like for some reason they tried to make it a secret that you get literal super powers in New Dawn when that poo poo should have been front and center in the marketing

I read something about how you get a magical fruit from former antagonist Joe Seed and it does things to you, that is loving nuts I have to look up the powers now

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

I read something about how you get a magical fruit from former antagonist Joe Seed and it does things to you, that is loving nuts I have to look up the powers now

Man gently caress Fary Cry 5 and all that spawned from it.

Remember when everyone thought the militant, alt-right cult was going to be the bad guys? Ha.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What makes them alt-right anyway

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

been having some dull chest pains for about 24 hours this point, nebulously considering scheduling a doctor's appointment. if i die i'll let one of you guys have my steam account.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Dibs

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it'd be a cruel irony to die immediately after finally committing money towards preordering sekiro shadows die twice so i have to assume that's going to be the outcome

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
As long as you don't live in America you're probably fine to go to the doctor's.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

The pacing of DQ Builders is so weird, the start of a chapter is you running around scrounging stuff to make a single piece of equipment and two healing potion to hopefully survive the next mandatory fight up until you gain access to some metal at which point combat is utterly perfunctory until the boss.

the combat is bad but please at least play until chapter 3

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Nothing in the actual game, they were about as bland as it gets, but when trailers first released it was pretty clear they were leaning into that to get people talking about the game. It was just gross all around.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Saint Freak posted:

As long as you don't live in America you're probably fine to go to the doctor's.

i've actually got decent health insurance from my job these days but i'm so used to a life where i don't that it's instilled a powerful aversion response to seeking medical attention for anything, especially at the risk it turns out that i just had to fart real bad or something

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Valve would probably step in and declare the account non-transferrable

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Best vg political commentary still belongs to MachineGames

https://twitter.com/wolfenstein/status/919684333207568385?lang=en

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My current games I am playing are The Surge with all DLC, and Metro Exodus. Currently I am working on the Surge the most and am half way through the game I think. It is a lot of fun and I am actually enjoying it more than Dark Souls but not as much as Nioh. The science fiction setting that is basically a video game adaptation of the film Elysium, is why I wanted to play this.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

i've actually got decent health insurance from my job these days but i'm so used to a life where i don't that it's instilled a powerful aversion response to seeking medical attention for anything, especially at the risk it turns out that i just had to fart real bad or something

Me after getting good health insurance: 911 my hand fell asleep, please send an ambulance immediately

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am experiencing existential dread because I have a decent dental plan that I probably won't have in a few months and I have been procrastinating dealing with my wisdom teeth for nearly two years

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

farted real bad but still have chest pain, now i'm getting worried

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am experiencing existential dread because I have a decent dental plan that I probably won't have in a few months and I have been procrastinating dealing with my wisdom teeth for nearly two years

Do it. I will yell at you on the internet in all caps.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Number 8 seems out of place

Who does that NOT apply to

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

I'm a doctor and this is a medical suggestion. you need to fart with all your might, put your gut muscles into it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What if I'm experiencing no pain but sense impending doom anyway

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

if anything they were just weirdo religious libertarians who hated the gubberment. Far Cry 4 was eons better in terms of characters, story, and the equipment you earn. Most of Far Cry 5's weaponry you don't even get til extremely late, as opposed to FC4's crazy stuff you can earn yourself. I loved that Robocop's gun was in that game.

The Wingsuit was also more fun in FC4, mainly because there are actual loving cliffs and vistas to launch off. FC5 is full of flat plains, you can't do poo poo from them.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

haveblue posted:

What if I'm experiencing no pain but sense impending doom anyway

That just means you're paying attention.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Number 8 seems out of place

Who does that NOT apply to

Yeah I'm looking forward to Doom Eternal too

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Some people assumed that there would be a political component because the first marketing happened during 45's Muslim ban and the developer was like, "This game was inspired by the Bundy standoff and witnessing the fracturing of America"

And then later the marketing was like "Race in gyrocopters with your friends and a dog :supaburn: "

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

When I was like 6 I had crippling stomach pain to the point I was basically crying and screaming doubled over in the fetal position. Got rushed by my parents to hospital. Crying and weeping in the emergency room, brought upstairs sitting in an examination room as the nurses figured appendix or something, I proceeded to let rip the loudest longest fart I to this day can remember doing. Dead silent and then turned to my mum and said "I feel all better now".

Thankfully Australian so whatever I guess.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

When I got my wisdom teeth sometimes they would hurt the inside of my cheeks so I thought I should do something about it but forgot. When they grew more and stopped doing that I just felt like letting them there and we're happily together now.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Samuringa posted:

When I got my wisdom teeth sometimes they would hurt the inside of my cheeks so I thought I should do something about it but forgot. When they grew more and stopped doing that I just felt like letting them there and we're happily together now.

Mine are partially erupting at a weird angle, and my dentist keeps warning that it will increase the risk of cavities because of the difficulty of cleaning them. They haven't really hurt at all but in times of anxiety I get really fixated on them

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Oh yea, when I eventually went to a dentist she said the same about cleaning them but I didn't think it was particularly hard

But then again I always brush my teeth the same way, every time, so I might not be the best reference.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

Apex Legends has double the views that Fortnite does

I was really baffled by how it managed to succeed where all other imitators have failed, but a stream I watched the other day actually explained it pretty well; Apex Legends is the only game that was actually designed to be a BR. PUBG is a complete mess for a ton of reasons, and Fortnite just copied PUBG to salvage its pathetic main game. Then Fortnite became popular, and everyone just copied Fortnite. Nobody was actually building a BR from the groundup thinking about how to make it really work. Everyone was just copying Fortnite, which was copying PUBG, which was a piece of trash. It was like a feedback loop of failure that Apex managed to break out of by doing its own thing.

They paid every fortnite streamer to play Apex on launch day which probably got enough momentum that now all those people who got the one day pay check just switched to apex bc it's what people want to see.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

death stranding is gonna be sick
https://twitter.com/Kaizerkunkun/status/1098115379686043648

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Get all your teeth pulled. Listen to that sickening tree-branch CRACKing sound that comes along with it that you can't block out because it's in your head. George Washington invented the cherry tree and also democracy and he didn't have a single tooth in his goddamn head.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

you don't need teeth to drink soylent

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looper posted:

the combat is bad but please at least play until chapter 3

It's chapter 3 that's currently annoying me lol

I dunno it's not bad just... feels like I've been doing the same thing over and over for the entire game :/

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I don't remember a single noise from when they took my wisdom teeth out. I barely noticed when they took the top ones out.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

A Sometimes Food posted:

When I was like 6 I had crippling stomach pain to the point I was basically crying and screaming doubled over in the fetal position. Got rushed by my parents to hospital. Crying and weeping in the emergency room, brought upstairs sitting in an examination room as the nurses figured appendix or something, I proceeded to let rip the loudest longest fart I to this day can remember doing. Dead silent and then turned to my mum and said "I feel all better now".

:sbahj:

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Saint Freak posted:

Get all your teeth pulled. Listen to that sickening tree-branch CRACKing sound that comes along with it that you can't block out because it's in your head. George Washington invented the cherry tree and also democracy and he didn't have a single tooth in his goddamn head.

Yeah I had two removed and dude just reached in and pulled them out, it was a really surreal experience I would recommend.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A Sometimes Food posted:

I swear to god something similar happened to another goon except they were an adult and had called the ambulance and as they bent over in pain and hobbled to the ambulance with assistance they ripped an earth-shattering fart while the person held them and then instantly felt better.

Unlike you're story they were american so the ambulance cost them like 800 bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i got my wisdom teeth out probably 15 years ago, i don't remember much about the experience