Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Tired: Day one money
Wired: Day three money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

al-azad posted:

Tired: Day one money
Wired: Day three money
the far cry new dawn story

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

bushisms.txt posted:

Your taste is trash, no game is worth day one money.

I disagree

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I buy far more games on release these days than I did like five years ago.

I find it pretty easy to tell if a game is worth buying beforehand.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
sly 1 owns because every time you unlock a vault bentley's like "sly, it took some work, but i finally figured out the code. whoever created this one was a true genius. it was very difficult" after you just collect some scraps of paper that literally just tell him what the code is

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the games i buy on release are extremely few and far between these days, and i haven't preordered a game since i think... dark souls prepare to die? which just goes to show how badly i want sekiro

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

although come to think of it i have participated in a couple of kickstarters which are perhaps an even scammier form of preordering themselves

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I have Dragma Swatch edition preordered but that's a known factor I guess since that game has existed for years.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i found tokyo mirage session over the weekend at target and it’s still $60 what to heck !!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Help Im Alive posted:

What if it's a Nintendo game that's never going to go on sale

then every day is day one

Yeah, there's always scenarios where it's whatever, it's more don't give big corporations your money. I get indie games day one, because they need funding, but anything that advertises season pass\plain dlc, especially early, doesn't need your money anytime soon. I still haven't bought smash, probably won't until the perennial $40 sale, waiting for base spla2n to hit $20. This anthem gated early access poo poo is a blight that thankfully might not spread as much since anthem is fumbling, but I'm sure someone will find a way to make it palatable for many.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Cowcaster posted:

although come to think of it i have participated in a couple of kickstarters which are perhaps an even scammier form of preordering themselves

The only kickstarter I've done for a game is Bloodstained

I really, really wanted another metroidvania/castleroid and it befuddled my senses

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

I'm going to preorder fire emblem three houses and you can't stop me

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Underworld Ascendant is the purest form of Kickstarter failure.

Even more than the ones that just straight up stole all the money

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tales of Woe posted:

Same and also Atelier Lulua

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

corn in the bible posted:

Underworld Ascendant is the purest form of Kickstarter scam

i kickstartered star citizen before they switched to their own crowdfunding campaign site so i'm pretty sure i can definitively say no it isn't

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bushisms.txt posted:

Yeah, there's always scenarios where it's whatever, it's more don't give big corporations your money. I get indie games day one, because they need funding, but anything that advertises season pass\plain dlc, especially early, doesn't need your money anytime soon. I still haven't bought smash, probably won't until the perennial $40 sale, waiting for base spla2n to hit $20. This anthem gated early access poo poo is a blight that thankfully might not spread as much since anthem is fumbling, but I'm sure someone will find a way to make it palatable for many.

I'll give them money if they make something I want

Tales of Woe posted:

:same:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Andrast posted:

I'll give them money if they make something I want

yeah pretty much. I admit I buy way too many games but I also regret buying surprisingly few of them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

bushisms.txt posted:

Splatoon and smash are never going to fall under 40

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Although there's demo version of Splatoon 2 coming out soon I think.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also it doesn't have a season pass, there's no such thing as "base" Splatoon 2 all the dlc is free

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I think Spla2oon has already been under $30, which was surprising

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I bought Spla2n when it came out so I could experience the initial online multiplayer

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

Also it doesn't have a season pass, there's no such thing as "base" Splatoon 2 all the dlc is free

...it has an extra campaign that costs like $20. Like it's not lovely half assed dlc but the game has dlc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sure but 99% of Splatoon is about the online and that stuff is all free. You don't need to buy octo unless you want more single player levels

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Bentley loving rules

I havent revisited them but I did really enjoy the first 3 Sly games as they were released. I dont think I ever touched the fourth one. I liked it as a property though and wouldn't mind seeing some kind of comeback.

As a BR game, maybe

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Monkey Fracas posted:

even if you're in the US you should go to the doctor for mysterious chest pains that don't go away

it's blowing inordinate amounts of money at the doc or dying- both suck but one is obviously worse

gently caress our stupid, stupid medical care system

so I left my old job just under a month ago, right, and the COBRA bill is about $800/mo

So i figure, ok, I'll eat a psychiatrist visit on cash since that's $100 instead of $20, and see what those and my other meds cost uninsured before I decide to pony up. He gave me a printed goodrx discount card and we found out that all but one of my meds is gonna cost significantly less with that card than it ever did under my employer insurance

Basically, gently caress american medical practice

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

oddium posted:

i found tokyo mirage session over the weekend at target and it’s still $60 what to heck !!

in fifteen years it's gonna be one of the most coveted wii u collectables, along with a working tablet

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
also cowcaster please don't die

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I want to try and finish DQ Builders today but like... whoever else in here it was (sakurazuka?)... I'm on ch3 and it's dragging pretty hard, heh

idk if it's the repetitive nature of the gameplay or the poor combat or what

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

In Training posted:

Sure but 99% of Splatoon is about the online and that stuff is all free. You don't need to buy octo unless you want more single player levels

This is all i want. I'm really waiting to see if they announce another octo expansion because the spla2n netcode is a nightmare, especially with the switch wifi lottery.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i like that sly 1 has all of these weird gimmick moves and just due to the nature of almost all of them, 90% of them are almost completely worthless

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

bushisms.txt posted:

This is all i want. I'm really waiting to see if they announce another octo expansion because the spla2n netcode is a nightmare, especially with the switch wifi lottery.

Ah ok. It might get cheaper in the future then, bc part of them selling Splatoon copies is now getting people to sign up for the paid online. But I don't they'll be doing any more paid expacs, they announced a while back that 2018 was the end of new content for the game. They could have been lying but, I doubt it

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Looper posted:

also cowcaster please don't die

too late

actually chest pain is slowly going away and replacing itself with heartburn. i think i'm developing GERD.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

I want to try and finish DQ Builders today but like... whoever else in here it was (sakurazuka?)... I'm on ch3 and it's dragging pretty hard, heh

idk if it's the repetitive nature of the gameplay or the poor combat or what

you get what is imo the best item in the game near the end of ch3

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
big fan of sly 1 having an ability that's literally just "now you can fast forward the game by 1.2x speed"

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
What's a good JRPG to play? Preferably on ps4 but also accepting submissions for PC

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

thehoodie posted:

What's a good JRPG to play? Preferably on ps4 but also accepting submissions for PC

I would say Final Fantasy XV as my personal choice, but Tales of Berseria is on sale for $15 right now. Haven't played it but heard good things if you're into that.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

thehoodie posted:

tales of berseria is probably the best tales game yet if you can stomach some sort of rushed environmental design and a more button mashy combat system than some of the previous games, trails of cold steel has a really good pc release that's getting ported to ps4 though you can probably get it on pc cheaper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

thehoodie posted:

Dragon Quest XI if you haven't played it yet