Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Big Willy Style posted:

It looks like poo poo v0v 

suggestions: throw it in the trash and start over. Literally everything about it looks terrible. The leopard is bad, it doesn't look remotely like sanguinius, and the details are entirely wrong.

Goldmine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Safety Factor posted:

LVO 2019 loving ruled. For those who didn't attend, we set up an open play ZM area with five tables. It was more open play in theory than reality because we had 13-15 30k goons (plus a bunch of SOs) and we occupied the tables almost the whole time. We had team shirts and tterrible had custom pins he gave out for every victory. Some of us amassed quite a collection by the end and I'm sure this will only continue next year. Speaking of next year, we may be going official with an actual event. The main 30k organizer saw us and liked what we were doing so we may get tied into the main narrative somehow.

My standard ZM list:

Other highlights:
  • tterrible utterly failing to complete his 120 marines. Not even primed, not even assembled, but he flew them across the Atlantic for the reveal.
  • Hixson's total understanding of tterrible's situation
  • BrokenRecordTalk forgetting his army and still managing to get a couple of games in
  • Panascope dumpstering the entire nation of Denmark by defeating their champion by like turn two and immediately falling over because he was completely trashed
  • Panascope running an illegal list in almost all of his games
  • Boxdread Meta continuing its rampage almost undefeated (Panascope beat me, but his list was illegal so it doesn't count)
  • General Olloth bamboozling multiple opponents with his made up scenario
  • General Olloth outdrinking everyone
  • Everyone assuming BULBASAUR was cheating because no one knows how the militia list works
  • Bringing a group of like 20+ to the Excalibur Hotel's Tournament of Kings and drowning out all the other sections with chants of EVIL EVIL EVIL whenever our boys Mordred or the Dragon Knight were around. And when they weren't. :v:
  • Phosphex
  • tterrible dying to phosphex almost immediately
  • Buckfast
  • drpop succumbing to buckfast and proceeding to literally dance with the phosphex jug for 20 minutes then collapsing on the floor
  • Phosphex

Overall, it was a loving great trip and we even got a new FAQ on the way home as a capstone. I think most of us are planning on coming back next year and phosphex is basically a 30k Thread tradition now. 30k owns, ZM owns.

No mention of me. poo poo post. Try again.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Booley posted:

They're just hemispheres. The fw painter did black blood drops on the gems, I don't think my brush control is good enough to.

Counter argument: You painted eyeballs?

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

General Olloth posted:

Counter argument: You painted eyeballs?

Dash of white, dot of black. Easier than trying to get an accurate blood drop shape I think. Maybe I'll try it.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

My finished Dorn.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Stanyer89 posted:

My finished Dorn.

Nice! Great gold color for dorn.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Stanyer89 posted:

My finished Dorn.

I thought I didn't like the bare head on Dorn but you made me like it. Good job!

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Cool primarchs everyone, makes me wanna start the Vulkan on my desk

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Cool primarchs everyone, makes me wanna start the Vulkan on my desk

Do it before Hampalace so we can have Primarch battles.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Stanyer89 posted:

No mention of me. poo poo post. Try again.
You know I love you, babe.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Stanyer89 posted:

Do it before Hampalace so we can have Primarch battles.

I don’t really have an army for him yet and have a big to-do list I need to knock out before hampalace. So maybe.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Hey cool my two favourite Primarchs and both paintjobs fuckin own

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Ready to get killed by a really good looking Dorn at the hamslam

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Ghazk posted:

Yeah Dorn is a monster against Tac marines, good luck.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Ghazk posted:

Surprise motherfucker, you’ll actually be slamming against a mediocrely painted Horus.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Some nice Primarchs on these pages.

I have to say, that Dorn's head is great. I really love it when a character comes out looking like some kind of unique personality.

With no time to paint, I've burned money instead and bought some Iron Warriors. Now I have the two legions that care the least about the value of a human life.

When is the next ham slam? I finally have time to embarrass myself again and I'd like to spend more time with the group.

GreenMarine fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Feb 20, 2019

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

March 10

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
We need you there. Bring your Red Butchers and Kharn for zone mortalis slammage. 1000pts, combatant FOC, final destination

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Booley posted:

Finished Sanguinius. They ran out of display bases at LVO so I'm still waiting on one to get mailed from nottingham.

This is great. I'm waiting for mine to arrive. How easy is this to assemble in parts and paint seperately? Are the wings integral to the cloak for instance?

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

serious gaylord posted:

This is great. I'm waiting for mine to arrive. How easy is this to assemble in parts and paint seperately? Are the wings integral to the cloak for instance?

I painted with the wings separate, left arm separate, head separate, and all the hands/weapons separate.

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl
My playgroup is starting 30k in a month or so, and I've picked up a 1000 pt Word Bearer force because Gal Vorbak are cool.

But I've had universally bad experiences with FW resin, which seems to repel paint even after washing it unless. What am I doing wrong here?

Most of the FW stuff I have so far is dreads (seem fine) or Necrons (Tesseract Ark may as well have been glass, but it's a giant, curved piece of resin). Dreads will be ok, as will FW tanks, but I'm worried about needing 5 coats on tac pauldrons. Is there a recommended primer, or have I just been unlucky with FW 40k stuff?

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

evol262 posted:

My playgroup is starting 30k in a month or so, and I've picked up a 1000 pt Word Bearer force because Gal Vorbak are cool.

But I've had universally bad experiences with FW resin, which seems to repel paint even after washing it unless. What am I doing wrong here?

Most of the FW stuff I have so far is dreads (seem fine) or Necrons (Tesseract Ark may as well have been glass, but it's a giant, curved piece of resin). Dreads will be ok, as will FW tanks, but I'm worried about needing 5 coats on tac pauldrons. Is there a recommended primer, or have I just been unlucky with FW 40k stuff?

Clean it better with dish soap and a bit of scrubbing. Fw resin does have more release agent than most other companies, but it's pretty rare for a piece to be unclean able.

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl
Thanks Booley. Guess I'll scrub harder. I'm probably too careful with it after firsthand experience with how fragile thin pieces are for staves, hafts, whatever

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Was browsing 1d4chan's 30k article, and for those who haven't seen it, apparently the unique units and one unique character each for the White Scars and Blood Angels have been shown.

Scars get terminators with power glaives, a ridiculously well armed javelin variant, and a terminator beatstick character for Scars fans who for some reason don't put everyone on a bike.

Angels get destroyers who can be fitted with power weapons or a suspensor web assault cannon, artificer armor assault marines who stole phoenix spears from the ECs or can dual-wield a set of swords with each having a different bonus and you choose which to use when you assault, sanguinary guard in terminator armor, a jump pack dreadnought, and a beatstick praetor who gets to choose his warlord trait.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Cythereal posted:

Was browsing 1d4chan's 30k article, and for those who haven't seen it, apparently the unique units and one unique character each for the White Scars and Blood Angels have been shown.

Scars get terminators with power glaives, a ridiculously well armed javelin variant, and a terminator beatstick character for Scars fans who for some reason don't put everyone on a bike.

Angels get destroyers who can be fitted with power weapons or a suspensor web assault cannon, artificer armor assault marines who stole phoenix spears from the ECs or can dual-wield a set of swords with each having a different bonus and you choose which to use when you assault, sanguinary guard in terminator armor, a jump pack dreadnought, and a beatstick praetor who gets to choose his warlord trait.

Is this a BULBASAUR sock puppet

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Is this a BULBASAUR sock puppet

No, sorry, just thought it was interesting while I was bored and browsing the forums.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Cythereal posted:

Did you know that they're releasing a model for Sanguinius?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

evol262 posted:

I typically start by soaking FW resin in hot, soapy water at least overnight before scrubbing. I'll soak it again in plain hot water afterwards. If there are any stubborn parts, I may do soap again. It's a little time consuming, but I've had no problems with this method.

Alternatively, you can also get a sonic cleaner for faster results. A small one is like $30. Load it up with resin, hot water, and soap and run it for a bit. Rinse, repeat as necessary, then scrub. This is faster than soaking, but it also has more active involvement.

Oh, also, get good brushes. A toothbrush typically won't be stiff enough. I have these and they've been great.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Feb 21, 2019

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Another trick is to use a dedicated primer. If you are using GWs sprays, of note that their chaos black isn't really a "primer" as such. At least that's my experience.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Cythereal posted:

Was browsing 1d4chan's 30k article, and

And and and and

Please leave the thread

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Cythereal posted:

The Terminators sound cool. If I ever do a loyalist force (I won’t) I’d do those Sagyar Mazan traitor dudes.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

General Olloth posted:

And and and and

Please leave the thread

Dont be like this the tactics articles are some of the only written information on our stupid hobby, its fine to use it as a starting point.

I agree 1d4chan is an awful dumpster fire though

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl
Thanks for the tips everyone. I do use a dedicated primer already, and I have an ultrasonic cleaner for the airbrush, so I'll combine with some soaking and scrubbing with fingers crossed not to snap off any fiddly resin parts on spiky weapons

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Cythereal posted:

Let me blow your mind with https://www.warhammer-community.com

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
:vince::vince::vince:

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
This guy's about as done as he's going to get, the Legio Mortis transfers are out of stock and being reprinted, and I need to do some experiments before I start basing them.

Dexter Cruor
The Red Right Hand

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Nice work dude! Is that the new head or did you convert it to look like that?

Cythereal posted:

Scars have had good rules out the door and now they also have good units to match. Shaking out to be a top tier legion. Angels also had pretty good rules, but I don't know as much about their new units TBH. They don't seem that bad though.

Either FW is getting better at writing (some of the older legions had bad rules and units for years) or we're just seeing the effect of power creep

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
I'm still surprised by the snowflake destroyers.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Jump packs and rotor cannons, a match made in heaven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Which grey is that?