Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

https://mobile.twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/1098232332753010688

Never change, DE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Fruity20 posted:

is there anything in warframe i barely heard about?

Damage in general? Maybe start here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2POYz05iEoc

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Moral_Hazard posted:

Saving this for later. I was reading somewhere magnetic was good against shields, and built some magnetic configs for use against Corpus. I have noticed it royally sucks for everything else when I forgot to switch configs. Are those all-rounders equally good against each enemy type (grineer / corpus / infested) or do some work better than others.

Also, which should I go for first, a zaw or a kitgun?

I tried a couple of hours of Anthem and holy new Bioware Batman, "unfinished" is the one word I would describe that game.

smallmouth posted:

I use magnetic for Corpus because it wrecks shields. But I also take a blast or corrosive secondary along for bursas.

Those all-rounders are good just about everywhere, but the rad/viral combo in particular is my go-to in a 4xcorpro environment.

As for magnetic, it takes a damage penalty against drat near anything that isn't a shield. Also, Toxin and Slash (provided by Hunter Munitions) completely bypass shields and go straight for HP. This completely invalidates magnetic because it's only going to do increased damage to something that can be flat out ignored and is largely irrelevant anyways. Shields aren't very hard to bring down and they only time they're an obstacle (enhanced shield sorties) again, can be completely circumvented. Magnetic is worthless, never mod for it.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Thanks for this; it's a big help :v:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Fruity20 posted:

the game is practically made out of things it doesn't explain

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Zereth posted:

Even with the wiki and YouTube videos available, I probably would have written this game off after a couple of weeks if I didn't have awesome goons around to explain stuff.

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?

Zereth posted:

one of my main peeves in all honestly but thank god there's people out there that explain this sort of stuff.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
How does damage in the game work? If my gun has Slash, pierce, and impact does it apply all three? just the highest? Same for the elemental effects?

Edit, well nevermind, my internet went down last night and I just hit post before checking, yet there we go...

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

And Tyler Too! posted:

Those all-rounders are good just about everywhere, but the rad/viral combo in particular is my go-to in a 4xcorpro environment.

As for magnetic, it takes a damage penalty against drat near anything that isn't a shield. Also, Toxin and Slash (provided by Hunter Munitions) completely bypass shields and go straight for HP. This completely invalidates magnetic because it's only going to do increased damage to something that can be flat out ignored and is largely irrelevant anyways. Shields aren't very hard to bring down and they only time they're an obstacle (enhanced shield sorties) again, can be completely circumvented. Magnetic is worthless, never mod for it.

Yeah, after learning more about damage n stuffs I'm going to have to revisit my corpus setup.

Death Panel Czar
Apr 1, 2012

Too dangerous for a full sensory injection... That level of shitposting means they're almost non-human!
The magnetic damage poo poo is my one beef with the Battacor. I really wish both modes were radiation and not just the secondary.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Moral_Hazard posted:

Saving this for later. I was reading somewhere magnetic was good against shields, and built some magnetic configs for use against Corpus. I have noticed it royally sucks for everything else when I forgot to switch configs. Are those all-rounders equally good against each enemy type (grineer / corpus / infested) or do some work better than others.

Also, which should I go for first, a zaw or a kitgun?

Magnetic is good against shields and you'd think you'd want to use that against Corpus but the game mechanics mean you'll either ignore them (because they get instantly deleted) or use damage that bypasses them. There will always be a theoretical best loadout depending on your weapon and what you're fighting but that depends on too many things (goon corpro squad or pubbies? what mission type? which units absolutely need to die asap? etc) so you'll get lazy about it eventually.

Zaws and Kitguns are behind two different rep grinds that you should be doing simultaneously anyway. Kitguns are (imo) easier to get because Venus was designed later and doesn't have Earth's hyper bullshit fishing bait situation.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

My wife wants to know what kind of Zaw gets called Dad Toucher.

Plague Kripath / Seekala / Vargeet 2 Jai

My go-to melee is the same, but rather badly named Viral Vernon, hence jealousy.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I think the Ingis Wraith has ruined the game for me cause I just take it with me everywhere and kill everything without effort. What are some other good weapons to play around with, I'm MR10.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

BexGu posted:

I think the Ingis Wraith has ruined the game for me cause I just take it with me everywhere and kill everything without effort. What are some other good weapons to play around with, I'm MR10.

Arca Plasmor and the Amprex, probably in that order since the Amprex serves a similar function to the Ignis.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
If you want the joy of massive explosions and killing yourself regularly, build a Lenz. It's a bow for some reason but, well, just try it and you'll see. Takes a little more finesse than the flamethrower of gently caress you but it's fun as hell.

Phantasma is also amazing, its primary fire is similar to the Ignis but its altfire launches a grenade (that can kill you) that explodes into a bunch of homing projectiles. It's probably one of my favorite guns of all time, it wrecks everything with only one forma and hits 100% status with only 3 dualstats. Mine's biased toward heat for the crowd control but there's a lot of excellent ways to build it.

Mimesweeper fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Feb 20, 2019

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

hoobajoo posted:

Arca Plasmor and the Amprex, probably in that order since the Amprex serves a similar function to the Ignis.

also because Amprex requires so many forma to get into good shape

once you invest that much though watch out

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The Corinth altfire is also good and its normal shotgun fire is very satisfying.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Mimesweeper posted:

If you want the joy of massive explosions and killing yourself regularly, build a Lenz. It's a bow for some reason but, well, just try it and you'll see. Takes a little more finesse than the flamethrower of gently caress you but it's fun as hell.

Phantasma is also amazing, its primary fire is similar to the Ignis but its altfire launches a grenade (that can kill you) that explodes into a bunch of homing projectiles. It's probably one of my favorite guns of all time, it wrecks everything with only one forma and hits 100% status with only 3 dualstats. Mine's biased toward heat for the crowd control but there's a lot of excellent ways to build it.
Phantasma's the dumbest poo poo in the world now that I'm used to the range on it and I love it so much

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

My only problem with the phantasm is it sounds like farts.

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

ughhhh posted:

Yeah but what's your problem with it though?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the phantasma is for the tenno of culture who wants to microwave enemies with tau system magicks

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

ughhhh posted:

I fail to see how this is an issue.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Mailer posted:

Magnetic is good against shields and you'd think you'd want to use that against Corpus but the game mechanics mean you'll either ignore them (because they get instantly deleted) or use damage that bypasses them.

Magnetic might be more more relevant if robotic enemies used shields only instead of having health and shield. Electric, magnetic and cold should be to robotic enemies what toxic, viral and slash is to flesh ones. To be annoying, some Grineer stuff like rollers and those floating propaganda machines would be treated as robots, but I guess Fortuna has sort of made it clear that even the most robotic robots are still physically human to some extent.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Feb 21, 2019

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Phantasma's the dumbest poo poo in the world now that I'm used to the range on it and I love it so much

Its quickly become my favourite. Dumped a couple of forma into it and its a melty beam of destruction. Plus I can fly around and drop bombs on unsuspecting mooks, whats not to love.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Viral totally makes sense vs. corpus robots. Maybe it's a computer virus hmmmm?

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

My wife wants to know what kind of Zaw gets called Dad Toucher.

Elissimpark posted:

Plague Kripath / Seekala / Vargeet 2 Jai

Almost. Ekwana II Jai. With a riven, it's a hybrid CO/Blood Rush build. 100% corrosive along with the built in viral, status chance and range on the riven, Berserker in the flex slot. Pure crit is great when everyone runs corpro, but when I pub, I touch dads real good.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What’s the closest primary to a Staticor? About to finish the kitgun I have a Riven for, but would miss the aoe of the Staticor. I mean damage wise, not awesome effects wise (but that’d be cool too).

Death Panel Czar
Apr 1, 2012

Too dangerous for a full sensory injection... That level of shitposting means they're almost non-human!

KDdidit posted:

What’s the closest primary to a Staticor? About to finish the kitgun I have a Riven for, but would miss the aoe of the Staticor. I mean damage wise, not awesome effects wise (but that’d be cool too).
Are you using it for AOE or for rapid-fire DBZ-style status procs? Because if you want big AOE anime bubble explosions, the Lenz, but it'll fire slower.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

KDdidit posted:

Ignis Wraith.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Arca Plasmor

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/1098407036977668096

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Factory Factory posted:

Almost. Ekwana II Jai. With a riven, it's a hybrid CO/Blood Rush build. 100% corrosive along with the built in viral, status chance and range on the riven, Berserker in the flex slot. Pure crit is great when everyone runs corpro, but when I pub, I touch dads real good.

Poop, swear you said Vargeet online. I am a Dad though, so maybe got Touched.

How bad is farming for CO? Is it better to just drop the 60p?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its faster to crack and sell relics than it is to hope CO drops.

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
Everyone's gonna have to polymer farm at least three times in their warframe life, so farming CO is easier than other rare mod drops. mainly because you can find a farm team for polymer, CO is a free bonus.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Factory Factory posted:

This is how I run mine too minus the riven and its def good.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

meanwhile in not_warframe

Gitro
May 29, 2013

Elissimpark posted:

Poop, swear you said Vargeet online. I am a Dad though, so maybe got Touched.

How bad is farming for CO? Is it better to just drop the 60p?

Are you on PC? I've got one I'm trying to shift, if you haven't bought yourself one already it's half off.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Those effects on melee 2.9+ are pretty awesome looking. Kind of curious to see the other particle effects in action like for viral, heat, gas, cold.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Gitro posted:

Are you on PC? I've got one I'm trying to shift, if you haven't bought yourself one already it's half off.

I am on PC - IGN: TomatoSaucy

I'm Australian, so play in evening here, but have some flexibility during the day to jump on for a minute or two to trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Fruity20 posted:

Press Y to instantly use a cipher. You can leave a group in the plains and Fortuna and get placed in a solo session at any time.