Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
The tanks are loving unlocks? Fuuuuuck that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

FastestGunAlive posted:

I played last night and this morning, they’re fine. The swaghound has just enough ap rounds to take out a tiger so long as you’re getting rear hits. Just means no more running circles around them. I also respec’d the pz38 to have quick reload and AP rounds (losing the auto cannon) and it’s pretty drat good. No s mines means you need to be a little more cautious but the AP is powerful. Even HE was fine for infantry despite the continued low splash damage.

Plus you need to play tides of war this week to unlock the stug and next week to unlock the archer tank.

Edit: hilariously I ran into an autocannon pz38 this morning who did zero damage to my staghound while I sat there and killed him with ap. Great balance :dice:

I had a bug this afternoon where 0 damage was dealt to a churchill I put 3 shots into.

I was not pleased.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

On the plus side, the German AA shreds planes with the 20mm cannon. On the other, I can only spawn in a tank once per round now. Way to go :dice:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

when do we get America dlc?
and Pacific theater?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

The Bananana posted:

when do we get America dlc?
and Pacific theater?

Gonna be a while if ever. They're going chronologically

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Hot Diggity! posted:

Gonna be a while if ever.

Honestly just copy-paste this anytime someone asks when DICE will do anything.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
poo poo I’d be happy just to see more stuff for the two factions we already have. Stug is like the first big thing we’ve gotten. Most the new guns are unrelated or even carry overs from bf one. Maybe I’m not up to date on my British tanks but why the archer when there are several other iconic ones we don’t have

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

this may be controversial, but, I'd actually be ok with paying 5 to 10 bux for a DLC season, like in Rainbow 6

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Fun bug I just had, was getting rezzed by a squadmate while a v2 was dropped in my head. Couldn't spawn back in or get rezzed, but could look around in the dying state

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Hot Diggity! posted:

Fun bug I just had, was getting rezzed by a squadmate while a v2 was dropped in my head. Couldn't spawn back in or get rezzed, but could look around in the dying state

That happened to me a few weeks ago. Got killed, and the medic got killed right as I was being resurrected. I stayed in the bleed out state looking around for like 10 minutes until the team took the objective back and someone revived me.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

I did some things tonight:

Kudos to Online_and_Nice for staying alive long enough for me to spawn in and pull it off. :toot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeTAUC90724

Obligatory fart bomb multikill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oZ3EURkVSc

Sidenote: this week's tides of war suck rear end

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

yellowcar posted:

Kudos to Online_and_Nice for staying alive long enough for me to spawn in and pull it off. :toot:

Wat to heck give me a shout next time

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
The tanks are unlockables. So loving stupid

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

yellowcar posted:

We had some good rootin tootin point and shootin last night

Also lol Dice dropped the last requirement from 20 kills to 5

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Wat to heck give me a shout next time

Sorry, friend :(

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Hot Diggity! posted:

Also lol Dice dropped the last requirement from 20 kills to 5

So uh, despite that, it still didn't unlock the tank for me even though it shows it as complete now. I even played a round or 5 to see if that triggers it but no :dice:

Anyone else in the same boat?

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
The post where they announced the change said you have to get another qualifying kill to trigger the unlock if you were already over 5.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

yellowcar posted:

So uh, despite that, it still didn't unlock the tank for me even though it shows it as complete now. I even played a round or 5 to see if that triggers it but no :dice:

Anyone else in the same boat?

Have you gone into Armory? Mine didn't pop (or even show the indicator pip) until I went into Armory, at which point it popped into existence.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

sunday at work posted:

The post where they announced the change said you have to get another qualifying kill to trigger the unlock if you were already over 5.

StevoMcQueen posted:

Have you gone into Armory? Mine didn't pop (or even show the indicator pip) until I went into Armory, at which point it popped into existence.

Did both of these and still nothing. Guess I'm SOL. :shrug:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

yellowcar posted:

Did both of these and still nothing. Guess I'm SOL. :shrug:

mazel tov! :toot:

IBurnStuffAlot
Feb 25, 2008

:siren:DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN:siren:
panzerstorm sucks on foot

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

IBurnStuffAlot posted:

It's fun to nonstop backcap and destroy tanks

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

IBurnStuffAlot posted:

Never play Panzerstorm on foot. Always Kubelwagon.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Cool, another grand operation where only the third day matters and even if you win day 1 & 2, you still better win day 3 entirely otherwise you lose!

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

My coward pilot bailed before I did.

nbd i'll just shoot the enemy pilot out of his plane instead :smug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VvXx7XfqMo

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

yellowcar posted:

My coward pilot bailed before I did.

nbd i'll just shoot the enemy pilot out of his plane instead :smug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VvXx7XfqMo

extremely powerful haha

GLIDE

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
doubeplost come play, m'goons

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Just tried out the stug and it’s good at killing infantry even at level 0. Don’t know how it fares against other tanks. Kind of tough to aim but if dice wants to encourage more long range tanks then so be it

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Double posting to let everyone know the new grand operation is extremely good. Two matches on panzerstorm and one (rush!) on arras. If you’re an infantry scrub it’s good because panzerstorm is split up so you aren’t running huge distances between points. If you’re a chad tanker there are five tanks per side during one of the panzerstorm portions (not the entire map tho). Both maps have plenty of room to maneuver instead of being a narrow meat grinder.

Arras rush feels good even with 64 players; can’t wait to try other maps in this mode.

Also in true :dice: fashion, if you spawn in a German tank on arras during the beginning of the match you can drive around by reversing. People are killing brits stuck stationary in their spawn waiting on the match to start and it is excellent.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

got the tank
was a cool tow

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
gol durnit the video of me and revo tagteaming tanks didn't save?? wtf I coulda sworn I had it clipped

anyway imagine two archers in an open field getting flanked and blown up by two men on foot lol

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Gunshow Poophole posted:

gol durnit the video of me and revo tagteaming tanks didn't save?? wtf I coulda sworn I had it clipped

anyway imagine two archers in an open field getting flanked and blown up by two men on foot lol

I have an erection

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

The Bananana posted:

I have an erection

2 guys tag team 2 BBTs (big beautiful tanks)

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
i need to revisit my drunk-pwn-capping process because I swear to god I saved our bullshit from last night too and the video just did not record. i think i'm usually doing it in the process of continuing said pwns and i'm just too hasty in the button-pushing but... god it sucks

i landed a 2000 point double-tank fart bomb as time was running out and I have NO VIDEO

Gunshow Poophole fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Feb 28, 2019

Space Panda
Nov 15, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
FIrestorm (the BR mode) is still happening this month right?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
shotmans 2nite anybody?

u hit up the Poopshow

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Space Panda posted:

FIrestorm (the BR mode) is still happening this month right?

Yes

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Fifteen kill streak with perfect death timing. LMGs are pretty beast if u got idiots to shoot at

For whatever reason spoiler I was drunk /spoiler my mic was off for most of the video so you don't get to slash have to hear me cackling with glee as the kills stacked up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaNJOhB0oV8

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Gunshow Poophole posted:

shotmans 2nite anybody?

u hit up the Poopshow

after the wife and I watch Casa Re Mi Padre, I'll get on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Excellent eight man rolling tonight goons

A good thing we had them outnumbered or else Fidel Cash Flow and LoinsNGroins would've rolled us by sheer force of name