Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the split within the Labour party – A small group of MPs resigned from Labour, delivering an attack on Jeremy Corbyn’s leadership and the party for being ‘institutionally racist’ and betraying its members over Brexit"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Corbyn tells exiles: you were elected to carry out Labour manifesto

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Labour's split

David Squires:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the seven MPs who have resigned from Labour – Jeremy Corbyn has issued a defiant message to seven MPs who resigned from his party, reminding them they were elected to carry out policies in Labour’s manifesto"

Telegraph:

Karl Lagerfeld obituary

Independent:

Angela Smith apologises for 'funny tinge' remark After Shepard Fairey.

Times:

Evening Standard:

Tory modernising wing has been destroyed, say defecting trio of MPs

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on… Labour’s gang of seven

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Cloud Potato posted:

Telegraph:

Karl Lagerfeld obituary

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on… Labour’s gang of seven

those aged well, lol.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Wow, amazing.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Tory defectors to the Independent Group – Anna Soubry, Sarah Wollaston and Heidi Allen leave Conservative party, citing Brexit and lurch to right"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

The mummy of all Tutankhamun shows will land in London

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... The Independent Group

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Adams just can’t be bothered to give one single gently caress, can he?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

what the gently caress is that thing bob's drawn instead of theresa may?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on three Tories joining the Independent Group – Three Conservative MPs who resigned to join a new independent group on Wednesday said Theresa May had allowed their former party to fall prey to hardline Brexiters"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Theresa May must go in three months, cabinet ministers say

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... MPs jumping ship

Guardian Australian Sport:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... MPs jumping ship

This aged poorly before it was even printed, huh

Also lol @ Bob's latest fawning Rees-Mogg reference

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Pope Francis at the Vatican abuse summit – Activists for survivors of clerical sexual abuse have criticised a list of proposals laid out by Pope Francis to address paedophilia within the Catholic church on the first day of an unprecedented summit at the Vatican"

Telegraph:

Jeremy Corbyn dismisses deputy leader's comments as he denies allegations of 'wide scale' bullying in Labour party

Independent:

After Millais.

The i paper:

Times:

Israeli company sends world's first privately funded mission to moon
Bonus! Morland's animated cartoon.

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... departing MPs

'Relax! I meant I was about to quit this DRINKS party'

Stephen Collins:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

What a barbaric country you are.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

frankenfreak posted:

What a barbaric country you are.

Yeah, but is this real or just a joke? I have literally never seen such a weird, pointless contraption. The nearest thing I can think of are those old boiler-things were you have to collect and pre-heat water, but even those have just one end to spew water -you literally have to use cold and hot taps to mix the water manually and that's the worst tap-related thing I can think of.

Setting up two completely separated pipes seems like a huge waste of materials.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's an old thing from heating systems not producing potable-enough water. The cold was kept separate to keep it clean.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

goatface posted:

It's an old thing from heating systems not producing potable-enough water. The cold was kept separate to keep it clean.

Oh wow, no wonder I never saw one of those. Regulations mean houses in Germany have to replace old stuff like that if it can't make it through regular testing anymore. (I have an old gas burn heater in my apartment. Every two years someone shows up to test the drat thing, and I'm always torn between hoping the thing finally fails so I can get a real heater, or not wanting to die in a gas fire if that little monster fails inbetween check-ups. And at some point all piping made before the 80s had to be replaced. Just the two examples I can think of.)

I'm guessing if British people are still acquainted enough with stuff like that for the comic to make sense, it doesn't work like that in Britain? :v:

Edit:

Well poo poo, I just remembered that huge apartment building that burned down in Britain recently. I guess my question is answered, gently caress

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The check valve not being invented until 1964 by Vincent Cholmondley, 6th Earl of Checkvalve.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That's the best Stephen Collins in ages

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Libluini posted:

Oh wow, no wonder I never saw one of those. Regulations mean houses in Germany have to replace old stuff like that if it can't make it through regular testing anymore. (I have an old gas burn heater in my apartment. Every two years someone shows up to test the drat thing, and I'm always torn between hoping the thing finally fails so I can get a real heater, or not wanting to die in a gas fire if that little monster fails inbetween check-ups. And at some point all piping made before the 80s had to be replaced. Just the two examples I can think of.)

I'm guessing if British people are still acquainted enough with stuff like that for the comic to make sense, it doesn't work like that in Britain? :v:

It's mostly just an affectation to the older fashions of bathroom and kitchen design. Most houses have no need to do it, people just do.

Having said that, it does sometimes matter. I've lived in places that still had lead piping for some of the inward plumbing. The rules get really weird as soon as you step into a preservation zone or listed property.

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

The last time thing came up somewhere else, part was also the price of buying the mixers (2-3 times what they cost in the rest of Europe) and the fact that many plumbers/installers didn’t know how to install them, leadings to weird things like going to Europe for 2 days and returning with a mixer was cheaper than buying locally and extremely weird contraptions to join the pipes to the mixer which more or less removed all the advantages.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

That stephen collins seems also to be a guest appearance by the Male Online

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"The Brexit unicorn still evades capture, but the choice is clear – Chris Riddell on the pressing need for a people’s vote"

Sunday Telegraph:

Theresa May delays meaningful vote on final Brexit deal

Independent on Sunday:

Sunday Times:

Tom Watson urges Corbyn to get a grip on Labour 'crisis'

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on efforts to get Jeremy Corbyn to support a second referendum – Senior Labour figures, such as Keir Starmer, are pressing for another public vote on leaving the EU"

Telegraph:

UK weather: Hottest February day on record in Britain as temperature reaches 20.3C in Wales

Matt:

:sun: It's hot! :supaburn:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Theresa May delays meaningful vote on final Brexit deal

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Theresa May and Brexit delays – Angela Merkel has asked Theresa May if she intends to request an extension to article 50 after reports that No 10 has drawn up contingency plans to delay leaving the EU" Also Cue jumper: May takes on Italian PM in impromptu pool game

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Tiggers go for cheeky Nandos to look like normal people, but fail miserably

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... :sun: Our sunny spring :supaburn:

David Squires:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

B^Uckley-level art from Thomas in the bottom left there

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'm just happy he had some non-white bodies on the beach, even if one of them does appear to be Ben Grimm.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Is Juncker known to be a drunk?
So many of the cartoons show him with a bottle of wine or inebriated.
Or is that just because he's ~European~?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He's rumoured to be an alchy. But it might be a few incidents and some solid political smearing.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

chestnut santabag posted:

It seemed to take hold after he stumbled at a summit last July. He claims it's sciatica. Accoring to Wikipedia, "In 2014, Jeroen Dijsselbloem, at the time Dutch Minister of Finance, described Juncker in an interview as a "heavy smoker and drinker", but later apologized for his comments."

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

I'm just happy he had some non-white bodies on the beach, even if one of them does appear to be Ben Grimm.

seems more plausible to me that those are all various shades of tanned, sunburned and gammon tbh

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

chestnut santabag posted:

https://youtu.be/XPgiI46FCDU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Can't believe no one has dropped a 'gently caress off, Paul' yet

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Rarity posted:

Can't believe no one has dropped a 'gently caress off, Paul' yet
Having a Squires right after it cleanses the palette :v:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Theresa May giving MPs a say in stopping a no-deal Brexit – The PM has promised MPs the chance to reject leaving the EU without a deal"

Telegraph:

After Samuel Beckett.

Matt:

Firefighters tackle huge blaze on Saddleworth Moor

Independent:

Times:

Olivia Colman sticks two fingers up to the Oscars as she blows raspberry at having to 'wrap up' speech

Evening Standard:

Michael Cohen to call Donald Trump a racist, cheat and conman in first public hearing

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... :sun: Britain's balmy weather :supaburn:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Trump and Kim Jong-un's second summit – The US president and the supreme leader of North Korea have met for further talks on disarmament and economic cooperation in Hanoi" After Gillray.

Telegraph:

Labour splits exposed as MP is suspended over antisemitism remarks

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Trump-Kim summit in Hanoi collapses after negotiations fail

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Theresa May's 'simples' comment

After Aleksandr the Meerkat.

Guardian Australian Sport:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Paper of record.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Bob, gently caress off you wretched sack of poo poo.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Tom Watson's response to antisemitism – Deputy leader Tom Watson says Labour is ‘mired in racism scandal’ and vows to wage battle to regain trust" After the Labour Party.

Telegraph:

Matt:

"The fate of Theresa May's deal - and Brexit itself - is now in the hands of Geoffrey Cox"

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Conductor and composer André Previn dies at 89

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Doctors quitting

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Chris Grayling and the Brexit ferry fiasco – Transport secretary faces pressure to quit after humiliating £33m out-of-court settlement over botched deal"

Telegraph:

"Moggism is the future of the Conservative Party, and British politics" - Fraser Nelson

Independent:

After Magritte.

The i paper:

Viral 'Momo challenge' is a malicious hoax, say charities

Times:

After Alfred Eisenstaedt.
Bonus! Morland's animated cartoon.

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... suspects reoffending

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Mar 2, 2019

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Obligatory gently caress off Paul

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
It's worth noting that when the Mail says "released suspects" there, they literally mean just that - people who are suspected of a crime but not charged due to lack of evidence. So double gently caress off Paul. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Released suspects free to be suspected again!

Personally I think once someone has been a suspect for three crimes or so we should just lock em up for life, we can't have people going around being suspected of things all over the place