Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Reminds me of that restaurant that didn't really like non whites but especially banned rich arabs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
A friend told me its pretty usual for Louis Vuitton, expensive fashion poo poo etc. to refuse entry to asian customers or to limit their purchases (regardless of wether or not they're French or foreign) to prevent them from reselling that stuff in their home countries

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Hey remember when Omega Level Star Oprah Winfrey got into a Swiss boutique and, entering a country where she isn't famous, was faced by a black security guard enforcing a racist policy against black clients?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Toplowtech posted:

Hey remember when Omega Level Star Oprah Winfrey got into a Swiss boutique and, entering a country where she isn't famous, was faced by a black security guard enforcing a racist policy against black clients?

On one hand racism is bad.

On the other hand, Schadenfreude over entitled rich people encountering reality is good.

I am very conflicted.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It's like mugging. Bad in general, good when it happens to a Kardashian.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

The "chiens acceptes" makes it perfect.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

suck my woke dick posted:

On one hand racism is bad.

On the other hand, Schadenfreude over entitled rich people encountering reality is good.

I am very conflicted.

The reality black people face, regardless of how rich they actually are, should never be "security is going to be on my rear end this entire time because they think I'm going to steal poo poo/want me to feel unwelcome and leave".

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Anyway there are plenty of reasons to get behind La France Insoumise, first among which is their platform for the EP elections. Read it and weep, macronailures!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Flowers For Algeria posted:

Anyway there are plenty of reasons to get behind La France Insoumise, first among which is their platform for the EP elections. Read it and weep, macronailures!

I largely agree with the program, but how are they going to implement it?

I mean, they'd need to be President first, so as to be able to nuke Poland, Ireland, Germany and the Benelux out of existence, and only then the treaties could be changed.

Also:

quote:

élu.e.s

quote:

élu•e•s

quote:

député·e·s
Come on, "inclusive writing" is already awkward-looking enough, you could at least try to be consistent with it!

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Cat Mattress posted:

Come on, "inclusive writing" is already awkward-looking enough, you could at least try to be consistent with it!
The biggest problem is that they ask people to use inclusive writing before keyboards all have the loving right point on them by default. Another case of great planning. I have to jungle with keyboard layouts to manage to get mine. I think "." will beat "⋅" until it's on all keyboards. I bet the text was written by multiple people and some of them don't know how to get "⋅" on their keyboard.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Feb 16, 2019

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Cat Mattress posted:

I largely agree with the program, but how are they going to implement it?

I mean, they'd need to be President first, so as to be able to nuke Poland, Ireland, Germany and the Benelux out of existence, and only then the treaties could change.

We’re gonna implement it the same way that we’re gonna implement policies that will limit global warming to 1,5°C: we’re probably going to face overwhelming resistance and fail in the end, but it’s either our way or catastrophe so the only moral choice is to be behind the platform and agitate for it as loud as we can!

lost in postation
Aug 14, 2009

Toplowtech posted:

The biggest problem is that they ask people to use inclusive writing before keyboards all have the loving right point on them by default. Another case of great planning. I have to jungle with keyboard layouts to manage to get mine. I think "." will beat "⋅" until it's on all keyboards. I bet the text was written by multiple people and some of them don't know how to get "⋅" on their keyboard.

Is the interpunct really the "official" way of writing the écriture inclusive? That does seem like a completely needless obstacle to its wider adoption. At any rate most people who I've seen using it on the Internet typed regular old full stops, which seem like a much more workable solution.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

lost in postation posted:

Is the interpunct really the "official" way of writing the écriture inclusive? That does seem like a completely needless obstacle to its wider adoption. At any rate most people who I've seen using it on the Internet typed regular old full stops, which seem like a much more workable solution.
If you navigate through the official website of the ministry for men/women equality you can end up on the official ecriture inclusive website and download their official manual (after giving away your informations of course). And yes the ⋅ is the official way of writing using "écriture inclusive". They will tell you it's Alt+0183 in Windows, or Alt+Maj+F on mac, can you guess what hardware/os they use?

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Feb 16, 2019

lost in postation
Aug 14, 2009

Waiting for keyboards to develop a practical way to type the government-mandated character is the most French administration thing ever, Christ

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

lost in postation posted:

Waiting for keyboards to develop a practical way to type the government-mandated character is the most French administration thing ever, Christ
I mostly use Linux and i literally need to change my keyboard layout every-time i type ⋅. Kafka would be proud.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

The government isn’t mandating poo poo, and it’ll be probably 50 years before the Académie Française says anything good about écriture inclusive, so in the meantime, do whatever

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

You're not my Parent 1

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Isn't the recent Finkelkraut thing a little too on the nose ?

Reminder, on the span of 2 or 3 days:
He went on TV to complain about the arrogance of the GJ who go on TV.
Immediately proceeded to attend a protest IRL, where he gets called a "sale sioniste" (apparently by a single person ?)
Griveaux is now talking about obviously most GJ aren't antisemites but maybe they're infiltrated by extremists ? Just asking questions here.

I'm usually not one to find excuses for antisemitism concern trolling from behind anti-zionism, nor give much credence to babby conspiracies, but this one time it seems like such a happy incident.

I probably shouldn't think about this dumb poo poo at all

e: man was just a common street antisemite doing his thing. Walking back that dumb post.

e2:
https://twitter.com/LCI/status/1097196491809193984

20min posted:

Agnès Buzyn, la ministre des Solidarités et de la Santé, a appelé dimanche à ce que les manifestations des « gilets jaunes » s’arrêtent, critiquant vivement la « radicalisation » du mouvement et les propos antisémites contre le philosophe Alain Finkielkraut samedi.
« Ces manifestations doivent s’arrêter », a-t-elle encore dit, trois mois après leur début, soulignant toutefois que, parmi ceux qui manifestent encore, il y a « quelques personnes de bonne foi »

le figaro posted:

La violence et l'antisémitisme sont "au coeur" du mouvement des "gilets jaunes", a estimé aujourd'hui l'écrivain Bernard-Henri Lévy en dénonçant trop de "mais" dans les condamnations des insultes antisémites contre le philosophe Alain Finkielkraut.

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Feb 18, 2019

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

unpacked robinhood posted:

where he gets called a "sale sioniste" (apparently by a single person ?)
Was it Corbyn in disguise? The US and UK press want to know.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Toplowtech posted:

Actually, even in Winfrey's version, it was merely the shop assistant refusing to show her an expensive handbag. Dunno where the security guard thing comes from. In general Swiss shops will discriminate against you looking poor, not against you looking the wrong color (that kind of racial discrimination exists here but is more of a street thing or when you're trying to get hired. In fact the unlikeliest thing about that blown up version of the incident is the boutique having a black security guard in a front position IMHO).

Chev fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Feb 18, 2019

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Chev posted:

Actually, even in Winfrey's version, it was merely the shop assistant refusing to show her an expensive handbag. Dunno where the security guard thing comes from. In general Swiss shops will discriminate against you looking poor, not against you looking the wrong color (that kind of racial discrimination exists here but is more of a street thing or when you're trying to get hired. In fact the unlikeliest thing about that blown up version of the incident is the boutique having a black security guard in a front position IMHO).
I checked the news from that time to see if i was wrong and yes, you are right, must have confused her incident with someone else incident filtered through the filter of celebrity medias.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://twitter.com/franceinfo/status/1098321678969520130?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

zuperrrr

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Dans un esprit d'égalité, je propose que toute critique du gouvernement du Vénézuela, de l'Iran, de la Birmanie, de la Russie, de la Chine, de la Corée du Nord, etc. soit sanctionné pénalement comme étant une incitation à la haine raciale.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

jesus gently caress he's such a shitbird

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Lol

Kurtofan posted:

French interior minister in a classroom on a children tv show explaining to children where police are allowed to shoot "non lethal" rounds at protesters
https://twitter.com/PureTele/status/1098652421633511425?s=19

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Why isn't he teaching cops

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

It's up to every citizen to ensure they don't get shot in the face. Personal responsibility!

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

All those kids will be part of the society-wide self-police force. He is telling them where they will be allowed to hurt themselves if they displease the leader.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Show me on the doll where the cop shot you

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
La brutalité policière, c'est pas sorcier

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
"Jamie, alors là je suis en pleine manif des gilets jaunes, et je viens de me prendre un flashball dans la poire"

"Alors avec cette maquette , on va voir comment fred va perdre son oeil droit"

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Et en même temps il a toujours son oeil gauche.

https://twitter.com/laurencedecock1/status/1098156074086084609

What is this now ?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Bring back flagellation.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Et en même temps il a toujours son oeil gauche.

https://twitter.com/laurencedecock1/status/1098156074086084609

What is this now ?

I would sure like to know. I haven't said anything about the French government in my English class, but I'd be lying if I said what I've taught regarding Trump and Brexit, has been nice, though in my defense I do think it's all been fairly objective.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
I think she's talking about article 1 on this bill:

quote:

L’engagement de la communauté éducative

Article 1er

Après l’article L. 111-3 du code de l’éducation, il est inséré un article L. 111-3-1 ainsi rédigé :

« Art. L. 111-3-1. – Par leur engagement et leur exemplarité, les personnels de la communauté éducative contribuent à l’établissement du lien de confiance qui doit unir les élèves et leur famille au service public de l’éducation. Ce lien implique également le respect des élèves et de leur famille à l’égard de l’institution scolaire et de l’ensemble de ses personnels. »

The big issue is probably with "leur exemplarité". It's extremely vague so could be anything from "don't snort cocaine in front of your students" to "don't ever talk about anything even vaguely political". What form it will take in practice will depend on implementation based on directives issued by the ministry of education but it's guaranteed to be closer to the latter.

Edit: Talking about Trump and Brexit is likely to be safe for now. Until a new government comes along and decides that we've always been at war with Eastasia.

Kassad fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Feb 22, 2019

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009
I'm sure none of these laws will backfire when France elects Le Pen or some other nutjob in 2022 :v:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

quote:

Par leur engagement et leur exemplarité, les personnels de la communauté éducative contribuent à l’établissement du lien de confiance qui doit unir les élèves et leur famille au service public de l’éducation. Ce lien implique également le respect des élèves et de leur famille à l’égard de l’institution scolaire et de l’ensemble de ses personnels.

La bonne blague.

Comment "établir un lien de confiance avec le service public" quand le gouvernement passe son temps à dire que le service public est un archaïsme minable qu'il faut supprimer pour moderniser le pays ? Comment établir "le respect des élèves et leur familles" envers le personnel de l'institution scolaire quand le gouvernement et les médias passent leur temps à dire que les fonctionnaires sont des parasites inutiles et privilégiés qui n'ont jamais fait de "vrai" travail ?

Pareil pour les infirmiers et infirmières, pareil pour les pompiers, etc. Des glandeurs, des fainéants, des planqués, beaucoup trop nombreux, beaucoup trop payés, avec des régimes de retraites trop généreux, tapez leur dessus ils le méritent, c'est le Président Macron qui le dit. Mort aux fonctionnaires !

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Chikimiki posted:

I'm sure none of these laws will backfire when France elects Le Pen or some other nutjob in 2022 :v:

Can't backfire when the point was always to make teachers shut up and stop striking ahead of the next stage of Opération Dégraisser le Mammouth.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Cat Mattress posted:

La bonne blague.

Comment "établir un lien de confiance avec le service public" quand le gouvernement passe son temps à dire que le service public est un archaïsme minable qu'il faut supprimer pour moderniser le pays ? Comment établir "le respect des élèves et leur familles" envers le personnel de l'institution scolaire quand le gouvernement et les médias passent leur temps à dire que les fonctionnaires sont des parasites inutiles et privilégiés qui n'ont jamais fait de "vrai" travail ?

Pareil pour les infirmiers et infirmières, pareil pour les pompiers, etc. Des glandeurs, des fainéants, des planqués, beaucoup trop nombreux, beaucoup trop payés, avec des régimes de retraites trop généreux, tapez leur dessus ils le méritent, c'est le Président Macron qui le dit. Mort aux fonctionnaires !

À bas les gens qui font tout fonctionner; certes que ce n’entraînerait aucune conséquence grave autant pour vous que la patrie!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Kurtofan posted:

La brutalité policière, c'est pas sorcier

Huh I read this as "Police brutality isn't magic" because sorcier is wizard, but Google translate goes with "rocket science". That's interesting.