Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
I'm excited about it. But Earth-X has been my top Marvel want for over a decade, so I'm not the most objective person on this one. Hulk, Daredevil and Medusa look like a ton of fun. Most of the Venom chases look cool, but I sold all but Thor from the last batch, so I'm not as excited as I might have otherwise been. I really dig playing Kree teams, so I'll probably keep Mar-Vel if I get him, but I've never really cared about the character, so I don't care much about the ultra-chase.

Thrilled to be getting the Enforcers, and disappointed that we STILL don't have a Sandman that I really want to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Me and my friend were talking about this set, we're annoyed it's looking as good as it is because when Earth X got announced we both sorta went "phew, a set we can mostly ignore and save some money" and now the dials are out it's a really interesting, cool set which tends to happen quite alot. Guessing the Black Panther set will be our holiday from buying clix if it's a lot more Avengers and cosmic stuff.

The Spidey villains really helped alot, there's like 6 or 7 figures my friend has been waiting for since Heroclix started and the Earth X specific dials were enough to get me to check out the book and now I want them quite a bit. Definitely grabbing Green Goblin, Hulk and Iron Man out of the SRs so far, maybe Medusa cause the one I have isn't so very good anymore. I guess the last SR is probably She Hulk with the Hydra thing on her right? Will probably get that as well.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
There's 2 pieces I'm really jazzed about in the set. Hydra Falcoln is one, because he will make Hydravenger teams super annoying. The other is Sgt Luke Cage. He just looks fun for police teams and I recently got a pile of GCPD cops.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

So it turns out I need that Captain Venom hardcore, as will anybody and everybody who’s ever run a Monster team.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Sanschel posted:

So it turns out I need that Captain Venom hardcore, as will anybody and everybody who’s ever run a Monster team.

Ok add him to the jazzed about list too

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Morand posted:

Looks like almost the entire Earth x set is on the realms? Any thoughts? I’m having mixed feelings myself

When it was just an Earth X set, I was ready to save a few bucks.

Once it was revealed to be a classic Spider-Man set with an Earth X subtheme, I preordered a brick.

All the chases look fun, and I can't believe we're getting a Blackie Drago Vulture. And a Crime Master. And we're finally getting an Alistair Smythe in his cyborg getup.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
The Octopus Arms equipment just got spoiled:

10 points
Giant Reach: 2, Flurry, IM: Elevated, Hindering

Pick your favorite Charge piece and add a square to his threat range, Flurry, and effecively Flight, for just 10 points. That's not at all ridiculous!

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

CapnAndy posted:

The Octopus Arms equipment just got spoiled:

10 points
Giant Reach: 2, Flurry, IM: Elevated, Hindering

Pick your favorite Charge piece and add a square to his threat range, Flurry, and effecively Flight, for just 10 points. That's not at all ridiculous!

I assume this is on a Super Rare or Chase?

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

ManiacClown posted:

I assume this is on a Super Rare or Chase?

Comes with the SR Lady Octupus. And, yeah, that's stupid-good.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
I ran our Earth-X pre-release last night. Ended up pulling the SR Iron Man, who was one of my top wants. We had an even number of players, so I didn't get to run him, but I'm sure that I'll have fun with him soon.

Saw a lot of good, fun games going on. Daredevil was giving people fits, and the guy who pulled him was having a blast. One guy got a shocking amount of mileage and use out of President Osborn, who was swinging WAY above his weight class and pulling off some shocking KO's. The eventual winner was running a team of full-point Black Bolt, King Britain, and the 30-point Union Jack. That team pretty much rolled through everything.

We went through one case. Ended up pulling:
SR Loki
SR Iron Man
SR X-51
SR Daredevil
SR Lady Ocopus
Prime Venom
Prime Spider-Woman
Chase Rocket Raccoon

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Had our pre-release yesterday. Pulled 2 SR's out of 2 boosters so I can't complain.

I ran

SR Hulk
SR Title Cap
A Hydra Guy
The Lizard.

Hulk was a rampaging terror in rounds 1 and 3, but in round 2 against Andy I could not hit and he could not miss EVEN WHEN HE WANTED TO. (I'm not bitter NOT AT ALL)

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Morand posted:

Hulk was a rampaging terror in rounds 1 and 3, but in round 2 against Andy I could not hit and he could not miss EVEN WHEN HE WANTED TO. (I'm not bitter NOT AT ALL)
This is not hyperbole. I ran Venom (the Spider-Girl common Prime), President Osborn, Fancy Dan (Earth X version), and King Britain, with Venom as Osborn's bodyguard. In the match with Morand I had Fancy Dan take a shot at Hulk where I needed to hit a 20 defense (with an 11 attack, but still), which I thought I would miss, which I wanted to happen because then I could reposition Hulk a bit more favorably. Rolled an 11. Oops.

I actually went 3-0 and won the event with a perfect 900 points. Britain and Osborn brought so much Leadership that I was pulling tokens off regularly to make up for only having 4 figures. Dan could carry Osborn and his Hired Goons thanks to their shared Underworld TA while Britain carried Venom. President Osborn is just insanely effective. As soon as he hits a Leadership roll he's immortal because he's just gonna surround himself with Goons to take the damage for him, and that Bodyguard effect is insanely great. Venom spent the whole day with a 19 or 20 defense (depending on if King Britain was leading the charge or not) plus super senses and shape change, and never even took damage in my first two games. And if it was time to kill, she'd just shift her Bodyguard bonuses around and have a 12 attack for 4 damage. Good deal for 70 points!

So yeah, King Britain is great, Venom is great, Fancy Dan is good for what he does, but I think Osborn was the MVP. Don't sleep on him for Sinister Syndicate teams.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Well in the span of 24 hours my dishwasher decided to flood followed by a pipe in my wall bursting. This made me cancel my planned super bowl party and need to be out of my house while many large fans do their work.

I figured gently caress it I’ll go play clix. It was 300 points do whatever since the venue was expecting a low turnout and we did in fact have pretty low turnout.

I ended up running the X-Men

Lyla Cheney
Moira Mctaggart
Headmaster Cyclops at 50
Headmaster Wolverine at 50
XXS Professor X at 50
Forge
Headmaster Storm

Skin ID
M ID
Rusty ID
Goldballs ID
Another ID I can’t recall that I never used

Basically just an assload of perplex and good attackers and some board control with Professor X.

Round 1 versus Sinister Syndicate (all from earth x)

Doc Ock at 50
Lizard
Sandman
Vulture
Rhino
Beetle

Solid strategy, everyone gets plus one for having 6 guys and with beetle those attacks can be a 12.

I managed to miss a 13 on 18 shot with Cyclops and lost him as doc moved 6 squares for free and hit me for 4.
Wolverine with some outwit flurry and a 3rd free attack managed to just hit the Doc for KO and take away his blanket plus one. I basically kept Wolverine in his face perplexed to a 20 defense while Professor X did MC shenanigans and let other guys take potshots. Called in goldballs for a big shot to ko lizard and managed to KO rhino as time was called. Lost cyclops.

Round 2 versus secret society of super villains

Faust with Eclipso
Queen Bee
Kirk DePaul Manhunter

I won map and chose Shadowlands cause gently caress getting hit by Faust from across the map.

This was a slaughter. I moved way up, He rolled grey for Faust and came down into hindering taking stealth for Faust. Wolverine has no shits to give about that and with some perplex did a charge flurry and hit Faust onto a senses/sc/poison click and then hit queen bee to avoid taking mystics to his stop click. He pushed queen bee for prob but I still hit. He rolled grey again, Kirk rce’d Storm to her last click. Cyclops hit him for 4 with psyblast and 4 more with a free attack for a KO. Forge KO’d Faust and then Wolverine finished off the bee.

Round 3 versus the Sindicate again

Lady Octopus
Doc Ock
President Osborne
Vulture
Rhino
Sandman

Won map, chose a Roc boxing ring. Slow start, but much like the first syndicate game, I missed my first strike and lost Cyclops. Not great. He also had me based with vulture and sandman as well. I had Wolverine flurry vulture. Missed first attack, made second and decided to roll blades, got a 1 so he took 2. I then ran back. Opponent also pulled back cause he was up and was quite happy to do so. I had Wolverine move up, call in Rusty, perplex the poo poo out of his attack and range and take a shot on vulture, hitting and setting him on fire. I then had lyla move Wolverine back so rusty would poof. Vulture then died to the fire but Osborne hit leadership to call in one pog and get his plus one bonus back. Yaaay. He double checked my call ins, decided I couldn’t do that again, decided to get in range where he could strike when he was ready but was out of my Professor range or had esd with absurd numbers if I did perplex to an 11 range. I said gently caress it, there was no prize and I didn’t care and decided to become suicidally aggressive. Perplexed the poo poo out of Wolverine, moved Professor x, Moira, and Forge with lyla. Killed lady ocks shape change. Tk’d wolverine for a big time charge and flurry and ko’d Her. Then broke away with sidestep to be back enough to get CR for defense. He rolled leadership again with Norman and got another flunky to have 6 dudes again. He then used the range of Ock and Sandman to kill Wolverine. Rhino pushed to charge and KO Moira. Professor X was in range of the whole world and decided gently caress it let’s do a MC. I rolled an 11 and hit everyone. Rhino moved to a place where he could be shot later, Ock and sandman and flunkies moved way back. President Osborne moved closer to say hi. Professor X killed his shape change, forge called in goldballs and with some perplex and enchancement KO’d the president FINALLY taking away his plus one bonus. He moved his guys back down and cleared Rhino. I killed the defense of Rhino and called in M with Storm. Perplexed her damage to 4 and hit. He burned his last theme prob to make me miss and I burned my last one to make it hit which was just enough for a KO. Lyla pulled us back and time was called giving me a very close 200- 184 win.

That was a ridiculous game

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

They're selling some old buyable ConExes for half off. Keep checking because apparently some things are cycling between in and out of stock.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

ManiacClown posted:

They're selling some old buyable ConExes for half off. Keep checking because apparently some things are cycling between in and out of stock.

I snagged Sinestro and was going to get another surfboard Batman to have a second shark, but the shipping jumped from $10 to $25 for $24 worth of figures :lol: gently caress no

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Sanschel posted:

I snagged Sinestro and was going to get another surfboard Batman to have a second shark, but the shipping jumped from $10 to $25 for $24 worth of figures :lol: gently caress no

I was tempted to try to nab a few more sharks but not with that shipping cost. Yikes

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

On the plus side, Sinestro got here in two days and they threw in Tigra and Colossus ID cards, so color me impressed on that front.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Sanschel posted:

On the plus side, Sinestro got here in two days and they threw in Tigra and Colossus ID cards, so color me impressed on that front.
Neat!

This Sunday is a 600 point game with a $5 fee, which is higher than usual ($1 when there's prize support, free otherwise) because we still have WKO stuff to burn off and that stuff was expensive and the store wants to make its money back. No big deal, except that one player made a really big deal about it and how they were only going to show up if it was guaranteed that everyone got a prize. This inspired Morand and I to put together the most expensive team possible with 600 points:

Starro (100 points)
Infinity Collar Lockjaw
Thanos-Copter with its included Thanos
Chase Starfox
Mjolnir
Infinity
Mangog
Groot
Skyscraper Wonder Woman
Wolverine, Jean Grey, and Iceman ID cards with SR Wolverine and AoA chase Jean Grey and Iceman attached
Assorted Superfriends on the sideline because why not

591 points and an estimated value of somewhere north of $900. And also almost hilariously nasty, because between Infinity and the piloted Thanos-Copter it hands out -3 to speed and range for the entire opposing team. Morand thinks I'm gonna get punched.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Debating getting a new Amazing Friends since Firestar came out of the box broken on the one I have.

Getting extra sharks also sounds like a plan.

Also, I managed to beat a Daredevil SR at the Earth X sealed last night with Black Knight. Ended the game with a boxcars roll. That was fun!

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

CapnAndy posted:

Morand thinks I'm gonna get punched.

Looking at your build, I have three words: wear a cup.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

It’s worth noting that the player in question constantly begs for free stuff and is extremely annoying in general which is why I suggested and built that horrible abomination.

I feel bad but at the same time gently caress ‘em.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

So I convinced Andy not to play that horrible team because my weekend plans had changed and I didn’t feel like dealing with that nonsense at all. He agreed. The annoying player btw? Showed up 45 minutes late and begged to be allowed to play for only a dollar because everyone else had already paid the 25 the store needed. Before you think I’m just being a dick to a poor person they bragged online about buying a bunch of the stuff on the wizkids site. They’re just annoying as fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Anyway I ran Amanda Waller’s worst idea yet

JW Bronze Tiger
Flash Fiddler
Title Harley Quinn
Flash Fast Forces Mirror Master
Clock King
HQGG Enchantress
HQGG Nightshade
Flash Amanda Waller
Her special recruit Con 100 point Starro

Round 1 I had the bye. Played against the Judges JLU team of

Superman
Batman with batarang
Green Lantern
Flash
Wonder Woman
Hawkman/Hawkgirl duo

I won map and chose the wakanda Roc Map cause I hadn’t used it. Starro was a killer this round, nailing a bunch of MC’s and causing all his leaguers to beat the tar out of each other. Fiddler lending out 19’s kept everyone safe and clock king kept blowing up bombs to keep him tokened because he made a ton of JLU rolls.

1-0

Round 2 versus Shi’ar

WATX Lilandea
WKO Gladiator
WKO Manta
Kid Gladiator
A Shi’ar generic
Watx Deathbird
Mirror of Shape Change

I rolled double 1 for map roll and ended up on the prison. That wasn’t awesome. He basically stayed near his starting area using gladiator to walk through a shitload of walls to break LOF for him. I moved up a bit, hoping for defenses to keep me safe cause otherwise he was just gonna run out gladiator and the call him back. He moved out Deathbird and outwitted my Harley’s shape change and despite multiple probs couldn’t miss and oneshot her. Now he could heal with a power action. Then kid gladiator oneshot my fiddler. Ouch. I’d been moving up Starro slowly with nightshade porting from hindering to hindering. Managed to port and pull over Starro to have some shots and went to town. Made all his guys beat on and KO lilandra. Got a psyblast off on kid gladiator to hurt him bad. Dropped used starrophytes for tie up. He managed to kill my outwit with a shot on clock king and ran gladiator away. I hit one more MC to hurt gladiator end dial as time was called and lost by about 40 points, basically him KOing Clock King. Ugh I just needed another round to kill his dumb kid gladiator too.

Round 3 versus Apokolips

KC Orion
SOG? Big Barda, the dpa move 12 one
Female Fury Supergirl
Desaad
Belt on Barda
New gods ata on whoever qualified.

This was a slaughter. He moved up. Starro MC’d everyone on his team except desaad to KO Desaad. He attacked and killed my Starrophytes. I did MC again to do big damage to everyone and moved supergirl and Barda into range where they got shot to poo poo. Orion moved up and I used timebombs and fists to ko him. Got the team and lost nothing.

Ended up 2-1. Shi’ar team choked in the last round against an 0-2 inhumans team so I actually won on points. Got a WKO battle royale map so I’m pretty happy overall.

Morand fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Feb 13, 2019

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
It's the little things in this game that make it great sometimes, played a TAS team to get some more in before Earth X comes out and Syndicate/Maggia/Inhumans teams become the focus for a few months, managed to KO the title Captain Kirk with Alfred and the Gray Ghosts extra crit trait went off like 4 or 5 times.

Got some of my Earth X set, wish they'd stop making the attach points for sculpts very spindly. My goblin glider came broken and one of prime vulture's foot is broken off the flight swoosh so picking him up is going to be fraught with danger.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

They're making a Heroclix set based on The Orville.

I... can't deal with Seth McFarlaneclix. And I even kinda like the idea of that show.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

You'll deal with Seth McFarlane, Herald of Galactus, and you'll like it, mister!

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

CapnAndy posted:

You'll deal with Seth McFarlane, Herald of Galactus, and you'll like it, mister!

Whose world do you have to doom to get a dry martini around here?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

So I had an interesting Sunday! It was 500 points Silver Age. I'd read about a neat trick where you pair a title character with the Penguin from the Joker's Wild FF because he lets anyone adjacent make attacks against him as a free action, so you can build up plot points without worrying about taking burn damage for it, and I wanted to try it out. So I built:

Batgirl, Shadow of the Bat
JWFF Penguin
Jim Gordon Batman
Shifting Focus Batman
Carrie Kelly Robin
BTASFF Robin
The Gray Ghost
Leslie Thompkins

497 points, Gotham City theme team. I was also slightly amusing myself by getting two Batmans and two Robins on the team to double my location bonus investment without breaking Highlander.

The prize for the week was Negasonic Teenage Warhead and I guess people really frigging wanted her, because some hard cheese showed up.

Round 1:
300 point Galactus
Beta Ray Bill
Mangog
Baby Groot
Healing Casket

loving... loving seriously? Fine, whatever. It's an obnoxious team but nobody on it can bust stealth, and I won map roll, so we went to Gotham City Downtown for my location bonuses, where it's nice and dark. Batgirl got a hit in on Galactus, knocking him to a click where he can be psyblasted, which Gordon did for major damage. That brought Mangog in to retaliate, but he missed all his rolls. My opponent tried to equip the Healing Casket to Baby Groot and I had to remind him that only standard characters can equip. That seriously screwed his planning up and he ended up wasting actions having Bill pick up the Casket (KOing Thunderstrike in the process) and everyone retreating so they could hide behind Bill's effect. I moved up in response, sticking to the shadows, and KO'd Mangog and had Boy Robin just get adjacent to Beta Ray Bill to prevent him from using Support. My opponent was now completely flustered and had everyone run again, but couldn't get far enough. I KO'd Galactus and Groot as time ran out. That's what you get.

Round 2:
DC Zeus
KC Spectre
Nico Minoru
Forge

This guy always brings cheese and has never progressed beyond leaning on Mystics as a crutch. No matter how many times it gets beaten, he just comes back spamming more Mystics every week. No stealth busting on this team either, and I won map again and moved up in the shadows. He surprised me by actually figuring out how to negate my stealth, by having Zeus take Pulse Wave, going out with a running shot, and then having Nico to TK him back to his starting area. I was distinctly unamused by the TK yo-yo and had Gordon run out into the open to shoot Nico to death. With his mobility reduced he got rattled and had Spectre and Forge run away. Batgirl got in Zeus' face and took him apart punch by punch while I got Forge as a target of opportunity because he was way easier to hit than Spectre. With Spectre all by his lonesome I got some good hits on, but then he made three shape change rolls in a row to save his life before time ran out.

Round 3:
Black Bolt
Medusa
Gorgon
Karnak
Crystal

See, this team I respected. He played Inhumans like a regular person, how hard is that? I won map (8 dudes on the team paid off for me) and kept to the shadows, but Black Bolt's accursed Hypersonic Speed meant he could just run up and punch me and I had to go after him to knock him off that. My dice also cooled off this round after being red hot in the first two matches, and that didn't help. This was a fun, even game. I lost Shifting Focus Batman and the Gray Ghost, as my opponent had correctly identified them as key support pieces, but KO'd Gorgon and Medusa, winning 200-110.

My team worked out pretty great. The Penguin trick for building plot points is neat, but what really helped is the Loyalty token he gives to people who hit him. Batgirl having +1 to attack and range all game was always a big help, because what really made the team sing was that it has so much Perplex. Gray Ghost and Gordon Batman have it. I kept Shifting Batman on his Elseworlds variation 90% of the time so he could perplex everyone within 4 squares, keeping him on Defense duty. Carrie Kelly has it when she's in hindering terrain and so is her target, which I could always make happen. Batgirl can gain a plot point to get it. With all that Perplex I could keep all sorts of values boosted, kicking up attack and damage when I needed to make a hit and making my guys harder to hit. Leslie Thompkins actually also came through in a big way for me, as either Gordon or Batgirl would eventually get a hit landed on them and they'd just retreat to Leslie to get healed up and get back in the fight. Interestingly, I never created the Jim Gordon bystander in all three games. In the first two, Outwit wasn't useful, and in the third I just never got a proper chance where I could put him somewhere useful where he wouldn't also be in immediate risk of being KO'd, and I had to keep on using Running Shot anyway and putting him down and then running away did no good at all.

Anyway, that was my solid Gotham City team punching way above its weight class to get me the win.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

It's worth noting that team 1 was played by Mr "Your team isn't very good" and he said outloud at the venue that he was doing this if I or Andy showed moving forward. To which I said gently caress that and reminded him that if he wants to build to ruin my day I can and will absolutely build worlds level cheese every week in response so maybe don't do that.

His response was unique. Apparently all I ever play is meta cheese ever (Seriously go look at every single non DOFP event team I posted, none of them are meta) and he's "just trying to compete" and since I don't like that he's just going to constantly resign games against me and play against people who "are fun to play".(AKA easy to beat)

The biggest load of poo poo about this whole situation is that last week he beat me AND andy with his Shi'ar team, and lost to another guy playing an inhumans team that was 0-2! That's the only reason he lost the loving event and he decides he needs to go absolute hyper cheese to "deal with us"

So gently caress him basically. I was not at this event because I was making bacon with my fun redneck inlaws. Glad I couldn't make it.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

CapnAndy posted:

Anyway, that was my solid Gotham City team punching way above its weight class to get me the win.

Note that the Penguin is actually more useful than you say. His Loyalty token doesn't go to the character who hit him, it goes to whomever that character chooses. So Batgirl could make her attack with +1 from the Loyalty, then Alfred could threaten the Penguin to give the +1 to Gordon, who then makes his attack, then Robin threatens the Penguin...
The team that I played the most to help my friends practice for Worlds was Groot hitting that Penguin to make Walking Wood, with Bizarro Green Arrow and Night Nurse both there to play defense and use their 11 attacks to threaten Penguin to make sure that whatever tree was attacking at the time had the +1.

Also, gently caress that guy.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Next week we’ve got a 1000 point game with bonuses for running fewer figures; what’s the most viable 1k figure? Think Anti-Monitor or Starro will still hold up, or perhaps Zombie Galactus or Thanos?

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Sanschel posted:

Next week we’ve got a 1000 point game with bonuses for running fewer figures; what’s the most viable 1k figure? Think Anti-Monitor or Starro will still hold up, or perhaps Zombie Galactus or Thanos?

Of those four, classic Starro is by far the strongest choice. It can still be a nightmare to have to deal with.

Bought a box of the Captain Marvel movie set, today. I'm very pleased with the results. Got at least one of every common, and am only missing two rares (Talos and Coulson). And, in what is probably the true test of if someone's pleased with their box or not, I got the Captain Marvel chase instead of the title character. Got a 600-point event tomorrow where you need at least one Ruler keyworded figure, so I'll be taking Supremor, the chase, the new Ronan and Korath, and then a Kree Sentry. Hope I don't have to sit out!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Sanschel posted:

If you have him, Original Galactus still holds up to the point where playing him isn't even fun.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Is the Captain Marvel set also at Mass market with a separate chase, or is that poo poo done with?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

CapnAndy posted:

If you have him, Original Galactus still holds up to the point where playing him isn't even fun.

Unfortunately I don’t, that Cosmic Multiattack would be killer.

I do have Dark Phoenix Cyclops though, and he’s a top contender too since his multiattack dealing penetrating skirts the restrictions of the older colossals and in a 1v1 fight his stop click makes him virtually unkillable.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Steve Vader posted:

Is the Captain Marvel set also at Mass market with a separate chase, or is that poo poo done with?

Well, it's WK, so we can never say that stupid stuff is done with for good, but there's no mass market for that set. All rares and both chases are available at hobby shops. Looks like distribution is 1 chase, 9 rares, 14 commons. Oddly, in my box, the first six figures in the very front were all rares, but I have no idea how that holds up with other boxes.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Torrent posted:

Of those four, classic Starro is by far the strongest choice. It can still be a nightmare to have to deal with.

Bought a box of the Captain Marvel movie set, today. I'm very pleased with the results. Got at least one of every common, and am only missing two rares (Talos and Coulson). And, in what is probably the true test of if someone's pleased with their box or not, I got the Captain Marvel chase instead of the title character. Got a 600-point event tomorrow where you need at least one Ruler keyworded figure, so I'll be taking Supremor, the chase, the new Ronan and Korath, and then a Kree Sentry. Hope I don't have to sit out!

Curious about this, when you said you got a box, was this a case with 2 gravity feeds or just one full unopened Gravity Feed?

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
Sounds like a single display. This set is unusually generous of Wizkids. One display typically nets you all the commons, most of the rares, and one of two chases.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
Yep, that was a single display. Sounds like the counts are holding steady, with each display netting 1 chase, 9 rares, and 14 commons, with excellent collation.

Unfortunately, we had an even number of players last night, so I had to sit out, but my Kree army will ride soon!

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Looks like GI Joe, Transformers, and My Little Pony (Pass) are gonna be in clix soon.

https://wizkids.com/2019/02/25/wizkids-announces-enhanced-licensing-deal-with-partner-hasbro/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Morand posted:

Looks like GI Joe, Transformers, and My Little Pony (Pass) are gonna be in clix soon.

https://wizkids.com/2019/02/25/wizkids-announces-enhanced-licensing-deal-with-partner-hasbro/

You're obligated to beat the local cheese master with an All-MLP team, you know. :colbert: