Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/20/disney-pulls-youtube-ads-over-pedophile-network-report.html

drat this is some gross poo poo, the wired article linked in that news has more details but I don't recommend clicking if you wanna maintain a normal brain state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Palate cleanser

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Someone post that interview of him about the incident, because I first saw it on the daily show yesterday, I think.

Dude was swinging for an Oscar

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Kawasaki Nun posted:

ahhahah that's a pretty strong statement by Kamala's father. I wonder how you shake that one off?

That dude is hella old man West Indian. It aint going no where. Khamilla will get a stern talking to next family visit. Funny, but inconsequential.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

KirbyKhan posted:

That dude is hella old man West Indian. It aint going no where. Khamilla will get a stern talking to next family visit. Funny, but inconsequential.

The one thing you must never do as a Windies Child is bring shame upon the family. There’s other hang ups based on the ethnicity, but I’m only familiar with like 1/3rd of the Indo-Carib unwritten rules.

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
Title? I dont need no stinkin' Title
As a Windies Child myself I’d say that’s pretty accurate.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Someone post that interview of him about the incident, because I first saw it on the daily show yesterday, I think.

Dude was swinging for an Oscar

Hell they should give him the Oscar anyway, so he can provide a huge gently caress-you non-apology acceptance speech concluding with thanks that for the first time ever Dr. King's dream has been realized because he was judged not by the color of his skin but the content of his character.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

FAUXTON posted:

Hell they should give him the Oscar anyway, so he can provide a huge gently caress-you non-apology acceptance speech concluding with thanks that for the first time ever Dr. King's dream has been realized because he was judged not by the color of his skin but the content of his character.

I mean, the guy even got Trump to condemn the attack instead of throwing a hissy fit because the alleged attackers were Trump supporters. That might be the most incredible (and I do mean incredible literally) aspect of the story.

Yet another aspect making this story exquisitely :psyduck: is that they apparently staged the attack in a way that the spot of the incident was near a street camera that they knew wouldn't cover the attack, but would still allow Smollett to feed a lead for the police to follow that he knew would be a dead-end. But when the cops turn up surveillance footage of a different camera later that shows his accomplices, he confirms it's them instead of just going "oh poo poo, they were picked up on camera after all, better deny they're the attackers", which leads the cops to their home where they find the noose, bleach, masks and even the loving magazines from which the anonymous death threat letter one or two weeks earlier was cut out of. And both suspects are Empire extras, with one of them apparently being Smollett's personal trainer.

This entire story is just chock-full of poo poo that is so loving specific that you even have trouble believing the conclusion of the investigation, because who could loving script poo poo like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXLx5OY21Bk

I've got a feeling he won't be all that popular in the black or LGBTQ community for a bit, though what surprises me more is that right wingers don't look like they've dived all over this by what I've googled so far. The only MAGA idiot already all over this appears to be Steven Crowder.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
They have jumped all over it. I've seen a ton of poo poo posted on social media about the "fake news" striking again

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I'm curious if he staged the anthrax attack too, now. Or if the perceived lack of interest is what really set him off.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Godholio posted:

I'm curious if he staged the anthrax attack too, now. Or if the perceived lack of interest is what really set him off.

He allegedly staged it. They found the magazines in the brother's apartment.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

They have jumped all over it. I've seen a ton of poo poo posted on social media about the "fake news" striking again

Yeah my mom was going on and on about it a few days ago as if it was very important.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I mean to them it's proof positive that racism is a fiction or a self-inflicted delusion. I mean, they thought that before but now it's looking like they might have an example to point to

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
And it's something all the "false flag!!!!" lunatics can point at as an example now. Fortunately faking a crime (or framing a different person/group) and not getting found out is even harder to do than not getting caught after doing a normal crime so the type of person dumb enough to think it's a thing that really happens often is way too loving stupid to pull it off.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Beep boop racism is over

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1098201685518893056

I wish I could get millions for just smiling at some pog bitch refrigerator repair idiot. A lot of conspiracies being proven true....I'd bet a weekend at bernies marathon that RBG is dead as gently caress.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

MaxPowers posted:

I wish I could get millions for just smiling at some pog bitch refrigerator repair idiot. A lot of conspiracies being proven true....I'd bet a weekend at bernies marathon that RBG is dead as gently caress.

So dead that she wrote the unanimous opinion against asset forfeiture just the other day. Zombie Ginsberg is A-OK by me; long live our glorious Justice Lich Queen!

Ps SMDFTB and GTFO

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

MaxPowers posted:

You don't get to talk until you translate that last post from whatever moronese dialect you wrote it in into something the rest of us can parse.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
A reasonable response to anyone getting up in arms about false flag hate crimes is to point out the far more substantive and dangerous falae claims about no-go zones, terrorists in caravans, etc.

It’s the difference between a few unwise people making individual false claims and a political movement based largely around misinformation amd bigotry.

https://twitter.com/inthesedeserts/status/1098472802028539904?s=21

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

MaxPowers posted:

Ahh yes, one of my wayward children Kramer'd in here with a galaxy weedbrain take. Lol stop with this poo poo mad cows.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

mlmp08 posted:

A reasonable response to anyone getting up in arms about false flag hate crimes is to point out the far more substantive and dangerous falae claims about no-go zones, terrorists in caravans, etc.

It’s the difference between a few unwise people making individual false claims and a political movement based largely around misinformation amd bigotry.

https://twitter.com/inthesedeserts/status/1098472802028539904?s=21

It fits their narrative. You’d have been luck trying to convince a brick wall.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump...ingawful.com%2F

Why stop at 6G? 7G will be better and have the broadest of bands

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

oh god just what the 5g bullshit needs

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Hot Karl Marx posted:

This kind of stupidity would be offensive if it was coming from the town drunk on a barstool at 10pm Friday night.

Good thing he's just the president with a rabid base desperate to sieg heil their way through some political opposition.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Dream bigger. 100G. For 100 Grand. The best number of G.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
I want my phone to be Ali G.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I'm curious what report prompted this one, there are two main providers of 5G/5G-nr baseband radios right now; one is in China and under indictment in the US for violating Iranian sanctions and the other is based in San Diego, CA.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

I'm curious what report prompted this one, there are two main providers of 5G/5G-nr baseband radios right now; one is in China and under indictment in the US for violating Iranian sanctions and the other is based in San Diego, CA.
He thinks in terms of marketing. It doesn't get any deeper than that. "N64 HUH? WELL I GOT A N1000 FROM MY UNCLE WHO WORKS AT NINTENDO YOU ARE POOR!!"

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

hobbesmaster posted:

Could be from a foreign policy briefing, China is starting poo poo with Canada and New Zealand over Huawei’s access to 5G network, and they might be stepping it up elsewhere too.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i want you to die of a heart attack today you fat orange gently caress

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I’d be happy with a syphilis induced stroke or two

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

EBB posted:

i want you to die of a heart attack today you fat orange gently caress

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1098615818512941057?s=19

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Maga maga maga maga

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Welp, there we are

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
gently caress that dude for making up a hate crime because every hooting chud from here till judgement day is going to cite that as a reason to dismiss any other allegation ever.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

I bet trump doesn't even mention the coast guard guy who had a kill list, weapons, and I think was in a leadership position?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I seem to recall people in this very thread getting real upset that anyone doubted his story. Well guys, this is why you shouldn't have gotten invested.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I bet trump doesn't even mention the coast guard guy who had a kill list, weapons, and I think was in a leadership position?

No, he was a lieutenant.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Chichevache posted:

No, he was a lieutenant.

LT in the coast guard is an O-3 and typically has command or is an OIC of a small det.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Casimir Radon posted:

I seem to recall people in this very thread getting real upset that anyone doubted his story. Well guys, this is why you shouldn't have gotten invested.

gently caress off forever tia