Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Wow, this Extra Credit episode has everything, despair, dialect, parody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm listening to the Extra Credit where security guards pretend to be special forces and...I feel like I better understand George Zimmerman's awful mindset now.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens

ParserGirl posted:

I found this thread after listening to the end of the Joy of Yiffing episode and I’m stoked for more of the Cajun wolf.

This is exactly how i felt after we finished recording Joy of Yiffing, so we were both in luck! :>

RandomPauI posted:

I'm listening to the Extra Credit where security guards pretend to be special forces and...I feel like I better understand George Zimmerman's awful mindset now.

I love that ep but when you put it like that... ... :(

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

My estranged brother in law was a armed truck driver, he was basically That Episode but somehow with even less actual authority. He owned a full rack of guns and was a Gamer and a straight up abuser. There are a *lot* of guys like him out there. And they're the police now!~

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
They can't risk the chance that the Asian kids aren't going to steal the vending machine and use it to fund terrorism! Breaking their knees is actually going gentle, you see.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

To be fair, the shoplifting ep has taught me that people will steal anything that isn't nailed down if given the chance

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Observe and Report is becoming a more and more disturbing film as the years go by.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Just randomly thinking and remembered that one of my favorite F Plus tropes is when a reader suddenly starts singing a song from F Plus Sings.

What a good fuckin' episode that was.

Rainbows rainbows na na na.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I'll remit youuu...

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Bonus memmmberrrrrrr

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens

RandomPauI posted:

They can't risk the chance that the Asian kids aren't going to steal the vending machine and use it to fund terrorism! Breaking their knees is actually going gentle, you see.
Well they just love that Mortal Compact game!

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Always living in the now never going REwiiiiiiind

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
She bought a Samsung Galaxy 3 by meee~

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY lemme hear you holler

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
I'm not a Jesus~

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I don't remember any lines in whole but I think my favorite was the dance the night away let's forget our inhibitions one. Maybe for a high school prom? Anyway that one was appealingly young, dumb, and full of humdrum.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Listening backwards though the archive and finally getting to the original PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY was a beautiful moment.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

pangstrom posted:

I don't remember any lines in whole but I think my favorite was the dance the night away let's forget our inhibitions one. Maybe for a high school prom? Anyway that one was appealingly young, dumb, and full of humdrum.

It is even more amazing reading the original lyrics:

just pull out a grl u just met,
nd dance wit her the whole night....
turst me ur 2morrow will be fine,
except a bit of a hangover,
so y dont u have a gud time, 2night....

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

pangstrom posted:

“Dancing with a blow-up doll at prom” was a STOG line, the rest of that song is JimmyFranks reading some absolute nonsense.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Lumbermouth posted:

Bonus memmmberrrrrrr
Have to point out that the writer of "A Deal with God" "any thoughts to add to this song" is a mere forums member, not a bonus member.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Just discovered this podcast today. Listened to Cuddle Party and am now listening to SWORDS. I have some catching up to do!

EDIT: Are there any "must listen" episodes?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

Just discovered this podcast today. Listened to Cuddle Party and am now listening to SWORDS. I have some catching up to do!

It really depends on your level of interest in various gross topics. The ones about complaint websites and Wikihow are really good and not too grody, though.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

'I am angry on the internet' is a good genre because it's always a grab bag of incomprehensible yelling. Notable episodes: It Is Always Cold In Chili's, Adventures in ReTale, 凸(◎益◎)凸, and The Forum and the Fury

Advice and how-to sites are also pretty special, and a good mainstay. Notable episodes: Ask A Stupid Question, Make A Stupid Podcast, Yahoo? Answers!?!?, the two-parter How To Listen To A Podcast Your Parents Hate and How To Listen To A Podcast You Hate, and Hokum Pocus

Terrible fanfic was a larger component of the earlier podcast episodes, and I think it's some of the best of the early content. Notable episodes: My Fanfics Are Full Of Emotions, Mr. Gandolfini? We Have A Few Rewrites, Trash At Demonhead, and Episode 231 The Hedgehog

Also, since we were just shitposting about it, F Plus Sings is a bit of an odd format but one of the best of the Bad Poetry subgenre.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The previously mentioned 151: F Plus Sings is pretty all-time.

I'm also partial to

255: Thermodynamic Martinets and Jar Jar Breasts
245: In Memoriam IMDB Forums
121: A Not at All Brief History of Dozerfleet
212: History of the Dozerfleet Part 2
Any recipe episode
168: Sir Rev. Dr. Prof. John Kitchin Ph.D, Esq.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
Just don't listen to any of them that feature some guy named Lemon.

Don't know why they keep letting him on to the show!

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
I will also come down on the side of the Sissykiss horrors being a must-listen, even if it is one of the nastiest things I've ever heard. It is a crucible, from which you will emerge harder and purer.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

darthbob88 posted:

It is a crucible, from which you will emerge harder and purer.

I don't know man it just made me feel softer and dirtier.

vmdvr
Aug 15, 2004
Watch out for Snakes!

SalTheBard posted:

For the first few years of the podcast, the answer to this question would be the Roy Orbison episode: "#61 Any cling you want". It's early, and they've gotten better overall since that time, but I still think it's a great one and worth a listen.

Other slightly old ish ones I recommend, off the top of my head and in no particular order, LIZARDS!, Asgard does not have alimony laws, both dozerfleet episodes, heal yourself with crystals, Sir Rev Dr whatever John Kitchin, the gospel of st jimmy olsen, and the butt ghosts one.

Oh and all the f plus live episodes.

And make sure to check out the fplus YouTube channel for the garbage day videos, those are great too.
But really, all the episodes are pretty good.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

SalTheBard posted:

Someone already linked the "It's Always Cold in Chili's" episode, so the other two episodes that are among my favorites are The IMDB episode and Self Publish And Perish, which is the books of a self-publishing site that are for sale.

BootsRaingear
Sep 10, 2013

I can't grow a beard.

HoboTech posted:

Just don't listen to any of them that feature some guy named Lemon.

Don't know why they keep letting him on to the show!

This is a good suggestion because it narrows you down to only about 4 or 5 episodes and then you've got all sorts of free time leftover.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

My all time favorite is the episode about car fuckers

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I personally love the stdh.txt genre, often covered by magical thinking, for instance I'm Twelve And I'm Not Lying, r/mystupidopinions and Redefine Paranormal. And for no reason at all r/ecuseyourself. dragonssssss

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

Someone in the last few pages mentioned an Extra Credit episode about security guards acting like they were cops, but I haven’t been able to find it. Does that sound familiar?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

ParserGirl posted:

Someone in the last few pages mentioned an Extra Credit episode about security guards acting like they were cops, but I haven’t been able to find it. Does that sound familiar?

https://thefmin.us/this-well-pretend/

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Of all the episodes I've been in, this one hurt my throat the most.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

My all time favorite is the episode about car fuckers

Is that the car exhaust fetish episode? That's also one of my highlights, just for the wide variety of batshit at play. Some of the fetish episodes can get kind of samey ("I just had the trashiest orgasm!" "ME TOO FRIEND"), but that one's gold all the way through.

Also recommended in that regard: the clown fetish episode, which is a rougher listen but has a lot of really bizarre spins on its content. (Also the gag about clown physician assistant Silly getting no respect after years of clown medical college does me in, but that's probably just me.)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

BootsRaingear posted:

This is a good suggestion because it narrows you down to only about 4 or 5 episodes and then you've got all sorts of free time leftover.

I can use all that free time to post about flashlights on reddit

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

SalTheBard posted:

If you listen to a few more and dig it, then id recommend goin back to at least ep 60 or so (I found the podcast around the time that ep came out). Evolution of the format and callbacks are very fun to experience.

Oh my recommendation of a great silly ep is the movie pitches one. I think #101 or thereabouts.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
Go listen to episode 136: This testes my limits immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Audiophiles is one of my personal favourites, you really owe it to yourself to know more about Patrick82.

Headgear pyramids is also an excellent dose of crazy.