Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

BBJoey posted:

holy poo poo

pisssss

Why would you send this email? I mean props to the guy for sending it but holy poo poo he must be burning so many bridges.

Less than amicable separation from his former employer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
I mean he probably lives here and doesn't want these assholes in government either?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Hockey owes me

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Politicians use the threat of dead people all of the time, comrade.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
"Hockey owes me!" I shout as I continue to grind my dirty shoes into the ambassador's couch.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I thought the first thing that happened to people when they died was they were evacuated

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

BBJoey posted:

holy poo poo

pisssss

Why would you send this email? I mean props to the guy for sending it but holy poo poo he must be burning so many bridges.

Reading between the lines I get the impression they were worried it might seem like they were doing something dodgy and tried to make him a scapegoat.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

"Hockey owes me!" I shout as I continue to grind my dirty shoes into the ambassador's couch.

Buy another one ya rich bastard.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I thought the first thing that happened to people when they died was they were evacuated

Nice.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Congratulations Tith!

Also, holy poo poo senate estimates must be fun to watch this week

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

just goes to show that the illegal refugees will do anything, including dying, to finally reach Australia

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Shorten wants standing orders suspended

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I think they just move that when they want to give a speech

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Bill is giving it to them right now

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
There's a division happening, assume that's on the suspension of standing orders.

Today would be an ideal day for a no confidence vote tbh, but it won't happen because loving small l independents.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/vanOnselenP/status/1098439897222803456?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
The LNP has female MPs?

Bishop to replace Hockey as ambassador tomorrow?

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Is Porter locked in to Pearce now? That was her reasoning for not bailing out after Turnbull got rolled and she lost the deputy leadership

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/1098442078747389952

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Don Dongington posted:

Is Porter locked in to Pearce now? That was her reasoning for not bailing out after Turnbull got rolled and she lost the deputy leadership

I believe so.

A nice gently caress you on the way out. Kudos Julie.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
She's probably got the branch so stacked that she'll be picking her successor anyway.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Hope she installs her Jo-Jo rear end lookin' boytoy in the seat.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Kelly O’Dwyer is up there for the first hug and Julie Bishop exits stage left.

Literally. She just walked out. Jane Prentice and Nola Marino were very close behind her

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ofrqm6-LCqs

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lmfao eat it

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
It’s a shitstorm for the Liberals right now.

quote:

During questioning about how the levy would apply, Senator O'Sullivan was exploring other options for the creation of a biosecurity risk.

"Here's my question, there's a bigger chance of us having a biosecurity breach by us having a bloody old Chinaman who brings in his favourite sausage down the front of his undies."

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-21/chinese-backlash-to-senator-osullivan-chinaman-comments/10833452

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Bishop left the room so she didn't have to listen to Morrison.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

I hope Julie Bishop gets asbestosis

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Cabinet Minister David Littleproud said Senator O'Sullivan's choice of words was "disappointing" and "not acceptable", adding that if Senator O'Sullivan "feels fit to rectify it then he should".

"Obviously that's disappointing. I don't know the context in which he made that statement," Mr Littleproud said.

He went on to say Senator O'Sullivan was retiring in July and it was up to him to uphold his "legacy".

"Backbenchers from time to time go off reservation," he added.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

BBJoey posted:

I hope Julie Bishop gets asbestosis

same

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

I, yes, what? What? This is unbelievable.

Anyway, a question for the auspol veterans- is the current graft and freebies and random $400 million contracts a new development? Or has stuff always been this bad, and we're just better at spotting it now?

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice
So does this timing match up with the predictions that she was going to wait until it was too late to find a decent candidate to replace her?

Axel Ferguson
Apr 19, 2008

Steve Holt! posted:

So does this timing match up with the predictions that she was going to wait until it was too late to find a decent candidate to replace her?

Or she just wants off the HMS Shitanic before it hits the electoral crapberg and she's seen to be part of it and it ruins her future employment chances.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Tree Bucket posted:

Anyway, a question for the auspol veterans- is the current graft and freebies and random $400 million contracts a new development? Or has stuff always been this bad, and we're just better at spotting it now?

It's always been this bad but for a while there you'd get hosed up for doing it blatantly enough to be an embarrassment.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Steve Holt! posted:

Axel Ferguson posted:

Or she just wants off the HMS Shitanic before it has the electoral crapberg and she's seen to be part of it and it ruins her future employment chances.

Given that she was going to leave and changed her mind last year, I would bet that there is a degree of vengeance and attitude attached to this. Whether or not it was to gently caress them up or jam them up so she could choose the successor is yet to be seen.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Gotta keep stacking the benches while you're still in power https://twitter.com/michaelkoziol/status/1098450691746553858

Tree Bucket posted:

Most of the older corruption cases I can think of were at the state level.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

That is a long way back.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

loving third.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Libs are hosed.

I want election night now.

I want the red tide to wash these fuckers into the abyss.

And as Scott Morrison screams
Voters, save me!

The voters will look down and whisper
*Checks notes*
No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017