Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
this rumor has gone too far, but i am here to tell you the truth

they're not reviving a dead series but a living series and that series is the legend of zelda and they're reviving it with the link's awakening remake you heard it here first folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Your Computer posted:

this rumor has gone too far, but i am here to tell you the truth

they're not reviving a dead series but a living series and that series is the legend of zelda and they're reviving it with the link's awakening remake you heard it here first folks

Huge, if true

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
please just make another custom robo

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Play Asia says there's 2 versions of DOA3 Scarlet, the Japanese one and the Asia one with English. That's weird, right? Phoenix Wright only has the Japanese version that happens to include English. Just a bit bizarre

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

SeANMcBAY posted:

I really doubt it’s Scalebound since that game was basically cancelled due to performance issues so it doesn’t make sense to have it re-emerge on an even weaker platform.

Patch Notes Scalebound 2.0:

-The game now takes place in Hyrule

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The “dead and buried” game series that Nintendo is bringing back rumor running around right now...what if they are finally bringing Chibi Robo back to me?

Jet force Gemini! I don’t care that Xbox owns rare!

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Is rhere a way to look at controls for switch online games? I can't even figure out how to finish entering in my name for Elda 2

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The “dead and buried” game series that Nintendo is bringing back rumor running around right now...what if they are finally bringing Chibi Robo back to me?

Mega Man Legends III

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Alan_Shore posted:

Play Asia says there's 2 versions of DOA3 Scarlet, the Japanese one and the Asia one with English. That's weird, right? Phoenix Wright only has the Japanese version that happens to include English. Just a bit bizarre

Not really, there's been Asian-region releases with English/Chinese/etc languages included for years now. Play-Asia even has an entire section on their website devoted to those releases.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
Between the lack of other ideas Nintendo seems to have about the franchise, the whispers that there's been another game IN said franchise in the works already, and the positive reception Nintendo got to the old prototype showing up on the SNES Mini, I would think the easy answer here would be Star Fox 2.

(The rumor isn't for a dead and buried game series, just a game that was definitively cancelled- a title that was completely dead and buried.)

Scalebound or MML3 would be cool if they happened, but I have zero idea what's actually going on with the Scalebound IP to know if Platinum are actually able to take that elsewhere (not to mention, Platinum is a very busy company right now already.) Nor can I imagine after MM11 did so well that they'd want to limit Mega Man Legends 3 to one platform if they are going to do it unless Nintendo's financing the project and the Switch version of MM11 sold 3-to-1 to the other versions.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
the dead series is Mario Paint

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gay Horney posted:

Is rhere a way to look at controls for switch online games? I can't even figure out how to finish entering in my name for Elda 2

I think every game has a manual if you hit ZL and ZR or something.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I think every game has a manual if you hit ZL and ZR or something.

Is this recent? They didn't have manuals before.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bushisms.txt posted:

Is this recent? They didn't have manuals before.

Oh maybe I'm thinking of something else

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

The dead series is Paper Mario, and it'll be revived by firing Color Splash, Sticker Star and everything they stupidly tried to change about the series into the sun

Shoot the Mario&Luigi series into the sun as well, just to be sure

There will only be Paper Mario

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Torquemadras posted:

The dead series is Paper Mario, and it'll be revived by firing Color Splash, Sticker Star and everything they stupidly tried to change about the series into the sun

Shoot the Mario&Luigi series into the sun as well, just to be sure

There will only be Paper Mario

It's weird how a lot of people still talk about Paper Mario even though the last game came out in 2004.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You guys are looking at this the wrong way. Not only is the dead series game not Scalebound, the actual dead series rumor isn't true anyway. There is no dead series game being released. It's a dumb vague wide net rumor that someone can throw out there and then cite as being correct when any number of games likely to be in development are actually announced.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Steve2911 posted:

It's weird how a lot of people still talk about Paper Mario even though the last game came out in 2004.

There is nothing more powerful than incessant nerd rage directed at astonishingly misdirected sequels

Unfortunately, science has yet to find a way to harness this dark, yet stupid force.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Every rumor is true and that's why Banjo Kazooie was in Smash...

oh wait

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

LionArcher posted:

Jet force Gemini! I don’t care that Xbox owns rare!

404notfound posted:

I for one am glad we'll finally be getting the Jet Force Gemini game we deserve

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
How does Skryim hold up on the Switch? I've played the game some on PC and it's good fun. I never went far, but it seems like a perfect game for me to play on the switch now and then.
Price is annoying though, still 60 euros on the store for me.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Acht posted:

How does Skryim hold up on the Switch? I've played the game some on PC and it's good fun. I never went far, but it seems like a perfect game for me to play on the switch now and then.

On a technical level, it's adequate. If the idea of playing an unpatched, unmodded Skyrim on the go sounds appealing, go for it. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but at this point you should know by now if that's your jam.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

American McGay posted:

You guys are looking at this the wrong way. Not only is the dead series game not Scalebound, the actual dead series rumor isn't true anyway. There is no dead series game being released. It's a dumb vague wide net rumor that someone can throw out there and then cite as being correct when any number of games likely to be in development are actually announced.

Man you're gonna feel embarrased when Space Station Silicon Valley 2 comes out.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Elman posted:

Man you're gonna feel embarrased when Space Station Silicon Valley 2 comes out.

Don't tease me.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mulderman posted:

Mega Man Legends III

I've already had my heart broken once, you monster :sigh:.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Acht posted:

It, along with the other versions of the enhanced edition, STILL has a bug that can almost entirely lock you out of one of the entire DLC quest lines. Overall though, I LOVED it on PS4 though. I bounced off it when I had it for the PS3 because it ran like total rear end.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

It, along with the other versions of the enhanced edition, STILL has a bug that can almost entirely lock you out of one of the entire DLC quest lines.
:sterv: (I think this emote should be renamed :bethesda: at this point)

But yeah, Skyrim on Switch does at least look nicer and run better than the last-gen console versions.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
Are the controls ok for Skyrim as well? Not constantly shifting camera to find a monster? (I am not very good at console'ing)

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

It, along with the other versions of the enhanced edition, STILL has a bug that can almost entirely lock you out of one of the entire DLC quest lines. Overall though, I LOVED it on PS4 though. I bounced off it when I had it for the PS3 because it ran like total rear end.

Which bug, which questline? I've dodged a lot of issues so far and am keen to keep it that way

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sudden Javelin posted:

Which bug, which questline? I've dodged a lot of issues so far and am keen to keep it that way

The vampire questline. I think if you go to the Island before you get the quest, you're locked out of the castle. I'm not 100% sure what triggers it. You have to use a wooden plate to clip through the gate... EVERY TIME. It's bullshit

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Cool, cheers. I'm already a vampire so avoided that one!

I did have to do some weird poo poo to cure Farkas of lycanthropy, man was refusing to give quests

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Not really, there's been Asian-region releases with English/Chinese/etc languages included for years now. Play-Asia even has an entire section on their website devoted to those releases.

Ah ok! That's interesting. You'd think it'd be easier and cheaper to put Japanese/Chinese/English etc subtitles all on the same cart, but I guess not.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

the dead series is BMX XXX

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

The answer is obvious.

Cubivore.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its Battalion Wars. No not advanced wars, the lovely gamecube spinoff

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

It’s finally happening. COLOR TV-GAME 29 baby!!!!!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's Silent Hills

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
They already released Scalebound, it’s called Skyrim.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
A couple pages back but re: Switch internet chat, one option that I did was grab an old wireless router, flash an alternate firmware on it (Tomato) and changed it to be a wireless repeater. I then put it downstairs and plugged my Switch and PS4 into it. I don't get full Ethernet speeds through it but the speeds are way better on both now.

It doesn't help when the Switch is in handheld mode, of course, but as another poster mentioned I think my Switch gets better signal in handheld then it does docked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

asecondduck posted:

A couple pages back but re: Switch internet chat, one option that I did was grab an old wireless router, flash an alternate firmware on it (Tomato) and changed it to be a wireless repeater. I then put it downstairs and plugged my Switch and PS4 into it. I don't get full Ethernet speeds through it but the speeds are way better on both now.

It doesn't help when the Switch is in handheld mode, of course, but as another poster mentioned I think my Switch gets better signal in handheld then it does docked.

That sounds too complicated for Nintendo-havers