Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

blarzgh posted:

Gee, thanks for tricking me into reading about this dumbass bullshit.

Just trying to help you fix your sleep schedule, Clarence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Discendo Vox posted:

Just trying to help you fix your sleep schedule, Clarence.

NO PUBE FOR YOU

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
This thread looks so stupid now it's awesome

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Phil Moscowitz posted:

This thread looks so stupid now it's awesome

we did it gang

we wrecked an already terrible thread

Discendo Vox posted:

We've got a Stanford Prison Experiment going on with these new avatars.

lol

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
My avatar binds me to quasi-reverse on my own previous statements and point out that the Stanford Prison Experiment was pseudoscientific garbage with zero merit to its claims.

edit:

oh god, from the Supreme Courtship Kickstarter FAQs:

quote:

Is Kavanaugh in the game?
No. There's no room in our idealized version of the Supreme Court for a man who has been credibly accused of sexual assault, and chose to deny it with a fury and an openly partisan bias that will have a lasting effect on public trust in the judiciary. There is no place for that divisiveness in our game, let alone our nation's highest Court. It's a shame that a small indie studio from Seattle must maintain higher standards than the US Senate.

Some have accused us of writing revisionist history. No decision we make is going to please everyone, and doing so was never the goal. We can only make the game that speaks to us and our values, and hope it resonates with others as well.

We won't be ignoring Kavanaugh's confirmation entirely - his demeanor and the manner of his appointment have raised issues that we'll address within the game. What is the effect of having two men with a history of harassment or assault against women serving on the Court? What happens when the public loses faith in the judiciary? How can a Justice be impeached?

double edit oh double god:

quote:

What about Kennedy's retirement?
Kennedy is a focal character of the game, and we will be addressing his retirement. We considered removing him in favor of Gorsuch, but we ultimately decided that we had a lot to say about Kennedy's relatively unique role as a "swing voter" on the Court, and what it would mean for the perceived legitimacy and fairness of the Court to lose him. Plus, he's just such an adorable twerp in the game that we didn't have the heart to remove him!

SV what have you done I can't live up to this

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Feb 20, 2019

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord
Thanks for the good advice everyone. I had a "meet the office" interview today.

I'm supposed to get an offer by end of the weekend.

I told him that the more detail he could provide/assure me regarding doubling my current salary, the better.

He told me that "pay is not going to be an obstacle" to hiring me and that he wouldn't even "notice" paying me 2x my salary.

We shall see. It's very strange.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?

Discendo Vox posted:

My avatar binds me to quasi-reverse on my own previous statements and point out that the Stanford Prison Experiment was pseudoscientific garbage with zero merit to its claims.

edit:

oh god, from the Supreme Courtship Kickstarter FAQs:

double edit oh double god:

SV what have you done I can't live up to this

Which one of you donated at the $1000 level?

Alaemon
Jan 4, 2009

Proctors are guardians of the sanctity and integrity of legal education, therefore they are responsible for the nourishment of the soul.

Meatbag Esq. posted:

Which one of you donated at the $1000 level?

I hope there's some Doki Doki Literature Club style twist where the code of the game gets haunted by Scalia or something.

Scalia.

Just Scalia.

Just Scalia...

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Roger_Mudd posted:

Thanks for the good advice everyone. I had a "meet the office" interview today.

I'm supposed to get an offer by end of the weekend.

I told him that the more detail he could provide/assure me regarding doubling my current salary, the better.

He told me that "pay is not going to be an obstacle" to hiring me and that he wouldn't even "notice" paying me 2x my salary.

We shall see. It's very strange.

Look, think of it this way: If you don't take this deal, you have no problems unsolved. You still have a job, still make decent money, your life goes on as it has.

If he doesn't sign you up, he still has problems unsolved. He has to start over looking for solutions.

He needs you more than you need him. I'm not saying be a dick about it, but be comfortable sussing out the issues, and making sure you're protected. If he pulls the deal off the table because he can't make you the guarantees you need to commit, then there's probably a reason he can't.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
There's a playable demo

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Until they add Judge Kavanaugh as some type of Vyers style mid-boss character I'll be boycotting

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Until they add Judge Kavanaugh as some type of Vyers style mid-boss character I'll be boycotting

I believe that's a high tier donor reward. Please do the needful.

Alaemon
Jan 4, 2009

Proctors are guardians of the sanctity and integrity of legal education, therefore they are responsible for the nourishment of the soul.
I look forward to the part where King Mickey shows up and says "That wasn't really a justice you defeated. It was his Nobody, Aixolt."

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

gently caress, now I'm tempted to drop $500 on this.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Meatbag Esq. posted:

gently caress, now I'm tempted to drop $500 on this.

Make sure to read the fine print before throwing down that cash:

"While we're borrowing some aspects from dating games (character-focused storylines, and the ability to grow a relationship by spending time together), the game itself will not be have any overt sexuality or romantic relationships."

If I can't kiss a justice on the lips then frankly what's even the point???

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
"Overt"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Drove 4 hrs to plead out a single drink drive.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

algebra testes posted:

It'll be worse when he refuses to enter plea and wants a trial now

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

algebra testes posted:

Drove three hours to spend 5 minutes arguing against a restraining order. Hey, gently caress it, I get the rest of the day off.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Spent six hours trying a divorce where mom claimed dad was In a Nigerian sex cult that raped women and she had been physically abused every week for thirteen years. Despite 652 incidences of alleged violence, no pictures, records, witnesses or police reports.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I spent 25 minutes blending chimchurri for my Argentine inspired dinner menu for this weekend.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I spent 25 minutes blending chimchurri for my Argentine inspired dinner menu for this weekend.

Need that recipe, my dude.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
That’s a long loving time, why are you goldbricking?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

GrandmaParty posted:

Spent six hours trying a divorce where mom claimed dad was In a Nigerian sex cult that raped women and she had been physically abused every week for thirteen years. Despite 652 incidences of alleged violence, no pictures, records, witnesses or police reports.

Scraps, is that you?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

blarzgh posted:

Scraps, is that you?

Yeah, I got a new name. Same name but Captainscraps was a younger, angrier man.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Look Sir Droids posted:

Need that recipe, my dude.

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/06/sauced-chimichurri-sauce-recipe.html

Is good, you can also sub cilantro for parsley if you’re feeling creative

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

Make sure to read the fine print before throwing down that cash:

"While we're borrowing some aspects from dating games (character-focused storylines, and the ability to grow a relationship by spending time together), the game itself will not be have any overt sexuality or romantic relationships."

If I can't kiss a justice on the lips then frankly what's even the point???

I think I’m just super anxious because I got a new job and am moving 800 miles approximately next week.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

joat mon posted:

How about the equivalent of 'punishing' a mere millionaire by forcing them to part with a cheap ($2500) used car?

For the average American, a 250 million dollar judgement against Bezos is the equivalent of a speeding ticket (including court costs)
Think about that for a moment.

What if they just let Nicholas (first name used in filing to remind everyone he’s a wee lad. Pfft. Obvious tactic) punch him in the dick? Probably more painful than the figure they are asking.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

in today's "indications a hearing may not be going your way": judge using air quotes

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1098688142184509440

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

evilweasel posted:

in today's "indications a hearing may not be going your way": judge using air quotes

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1098688142184509440

Stone, like Manafort, just can't stop doing crimes. I'd bet the mortgage on him violating the full gag order well before trial.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Look Sir Droids posted:

Stone, like Manafort, just can't stop doing crimes. I'd bet the mortgage on him violating the full gag order well before trial.

yeah, the real question is can he avoid violating the gag order today

my money is on yes, but that he violates it tomorrow

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest

evilweasel posted:

yeah, the real question is can he avoid violating the gag order today

my money is on yes, but that he violates it tomorrow

Probably by lunchtime.

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord

GrandmaParty posted:

Yeah, I got a new name. Same name but Captainscraps was a younger, angrier man.

This changes everything.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Major Not-So-Scrappy

Unamuno
May 31, 2003
Cry me a fuckin' river, Fauntleroy.

Look Sir Droids posted:

So could this Covington case be subject to Anti-SLAPP? Cause lol.

Discovery in this case gonna be lit. lol if they think they're going to bully Bezos in to settling.

Apparently there's no Anti-SLAPP statute in Kentucky, which is unfortunate. Regardless, I too look forward to Bezos's legal team absolutely laying waste to these parasites.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Toona the Cat posted:

Probably by lunchtime.

https://twitter.com/zoetillman/status/1098974713760677888

This post was a few hours after the order. He’s already done it. :lol:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Lote posted:

https://twitter.com/zoetillman/status/1098974713760677888

This post was a few hours after the order. He’s already done it. :lol:

he claims that account is not him, so only if he actually does control that account

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

evilweasel posted:

he claims that account is not him, so only if he actually does control that account

We can't make an official call, but he has clearly lost the benefit of the doubt. My money is on that being real

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

evilweasel posted:

The gag order includes his surrogates and people that speak on his behalf because he tried to claim that the original Instagram post wasn’t actually made by him. :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord
Man Sentenced To 47 Years In Prison Reacts By Punching His Lawyer

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/david-chislton-punch-lawyer-courtroom_n_5c703a30e4b06cf6bb256dd6

Ouch