Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
Thanks! I'm already watching Scruffy, but the other two look great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Blind Sally posted:

Panzer skank's OFF LP is extremely good and got me to try out the game myself. It's also defintely got that horrorific vibe LISA hits... though it lacks the humour. it's a solid game though

Seconding how good this OFF LP is. I hated the puzzles in it but I really enjoyed the aesthetic.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

OOrochi posted:

I just finished going through thevoiceofdog's LISA LP. Can anyone recommend an LP with a similar vibe to follow it up?

You should also watch his LP of Lisa the Joyful. He didn't post it on the forum, but it's on his YouTube channel and it's just as good.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
Does anyone know if there are backups of the rchimp cola and sinatrapod re5 playthrough? The lp archive only has video links to a website that, as far as I can tell, no longer exists.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Found his YouTube

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
Awesome, thanks! LP Archive links probably need to be updated, in that case.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Leavemywife posted:

Is the LP of Siren in the archives pretty good? I want to learn more about the game and I'm tempted to buy it on the PSN, but I'm afraid I'll hate it.

Egomaniac's Siren LPs are my favorite LPs ever and I watch them at least once a year. He does an excellent job of letting the games speak for themselves, with all the atmosphere and tension to go along with that, while still being extremely thorough and skilled. And HUGE props for him making the effort to translate Siren 2.

The only downsides are with the games themselves. Siren 1 has a dub with British actors which can sometimes take you out of the experience, but I usually don't even notice it after a few videos. Blood Curse is an attempt at an American-style remake of the first game, similar to how Hollywood kept remaking Asian films, and feels a bit lacking as a result.

My dream is that they will one day make a Siren 3 and Egomaniac will LP it because I'm too big a baby to play those games myself. The Shibito are loving terrifying.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Jamesman posted:

And HUGE props for him making the effort to translate Siren 2.
What's interesting about this is that the PAL version of Siren 2 was already in English, but there were some technical issues with the old 50Hz/60Hz crap or something to that effect so he decided to translate the Japanese version for the LP instead.

I don't remember if he actually had a PAL PS2 and a copy of the PAL release of Siren 2, let alone have any idea what inputs his capture device might have had, so maybe translating the game really was the path of least resistance when it came to LPing it. Regardless, he deserves major props for doing that because I sure as hell wouldn't have bothered.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Anyone got a good informative video LP of STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl? I keep bouncing off of the game and I want to learn how to love it.

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Anyone got a good informative video LP of STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl? I keep bouncing off of the game and I want to learn how to love it.

perochialjoe's run of the whole trilogy is at least tagged as informative on the archive, though having not watched through them in a while I can't recall exactly how in-depth they are. Still worth a look at least, he's pretty good at making open-world games entertaining to watch regardless of their intended pace.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Kadorhal posted:

perochialjoe's run of the whole trilogy is at least tagged as informative on the archive, though having not watched through them in a while I can't recall exactly how in-depth they are. Still worth a look at least, he's pretty good at making open-world games entertaining to watch regardless of their intended pace.

I feel like an idiot for missing this, I somehow thought there weren't any STALKER LPs on the archive. :negative:

DankRhymer
Apr 21, 2003
Grizzlier than your average pirate
With the recent release and hype around Resident Evil 2 REmake, I'm looking for a good video LP of Resident Evil 7. Preferably by someone who is good at the game and doesn't over-exaggerate with jump scares and things like that.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

DankRhymer posted:

With the recent release and hype around Resident Evil 2 REmake, I'm looking for a good video LP of Resident Evil 7. Preferably by someone who is good at the game and doesn't over-exaggerate with jump scares and things like that.

You might enjoy John Wolfe's LP of it, then.

Wolfe's fun because he's been doing horror games for years and he doesn't even try to hide that. He rarely ever gets spooked by jump scares, and views the more amateurish ones with bored contempt. He likes to take a critical perspective to most any horror game he plays. That doesn't mean he doesn't still get spooked every now and then. But he's a rare gem in the over-saturated youtube horror LPer demographic.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

StrawhatNo did the game, though it's been a long time ago and I was half-asleep while watching. Assuming it's in their usual style, it's about as informative as an LP gets, and reasonably funny.

Occultatio
Aug 4, 2005

a massive toolclown who cannot stop causing problems
So if I've really enjoyed Agent355's La-Mulana LPs, Highwang's Hollow Knight and Smite's Environmental Station Alpha, what are other good ones I should check out in a similar vein? I'm basically looking for knowledgeable, completionist playthroughs of puzzle-y (or at least secret-filled) metroidvanias/exploration games.

Occultatio fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Feb 21, 2019

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Dancer posted:

StrawhatNo did the game, though it's been a long time ago and I was half-asleep while watching. Assuming it's in their usual style, it's about as informative as an LP gets, and reasonably funny.

I was routinely informed that we were wrong about everything, but you'll at least learn how to beat the game I guess.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Occultatio posted:

So if I've really enjoyed Agent355's La-Mulana LPs, Highwang's Hollow Knight and Smite's Environmental Station Alpha, what are other good ones I should check out in a similar vein? I'm basically looking for knowledgeable, completionist playthroughs of puzzle-y (or at least secret-filled) metroidvanias/exploration games.

Combat Lobster's LP of Volgarr the Viking and Kaubocks LP of Shovel Knight are good, both in the archive.

Crumps Brother
Sep 5, 2007

-G-
Get Equipped with
Ground Game
Jeff and David LP Axiom Verge. AccountingNightmare also has an LP/stream of it and although I haven't seen it she's a pretty safe bet on quality.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Angry Lobster posted:

Combat Lobster's LP of Volgarr the Viking and Kaubocks LP of Shovel Knight are good, both in the archive.

I think my Momodora 4 LP might be closer to what they're looking for. Volgarr is more of a straight forward platformer.

Combat Lobster fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Feb 21, 2019

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
The Lp of Eternal Daughter is ridiculously informative and thorough, should be just what you're looking for

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
Anyone know good LP's for Resident Evil 1 and its HD remake?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Occultatio posted:

Do you have links for those?

Occultatio
Aug 4, 2005

a massive toolclown who cannot stop causing problems

ultrafilter posted:

Do you have links for those?

Edited into the original post.

e: also, thanks everyone for the recommendations! The Axiom Verge LP is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for; while Eternal Daughter very well may be, the game itself is so unpleasant to look at that I'm probably not going to watch much further.

Occultatio fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 21, 2019

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Occultatio posted:

Edited into the original post.

e: also, thanks everyone for the recommendations! The Axiom Verge LP is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for; while Eternal Daughter very well may be, the game itself is so unpleasant to look at that I'm probably not going to watch much further.

Yeah Axiom Verge is a real cool game and it really does some creative stuff with its powerups and theme.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Looking for (v)LPs where the player is suffering and hating life through the whole thing, thanks.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

Looking for (v)LPs where the player is suffering and hating life through the whole thing, thanks.

Either of the two yiik lps.

Diaclen and ModeWondershot suffer together.

I keep rotating in co-commentators because everyone loving hates the game.

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Mar 5, 2019

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

https://lparchive.org/Devils-Third/

https://lparchive.org/White-Knight-Chronicles-I-II/

Not sure if there's "Hating life throughout the entire thing", but both have their moments.

Oh, and there's always the Dark Seed II longplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6PZF660i4

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Super Best Friends playing pretty much every David Cage which peaks at Omikron. Like they're fighting amongst themselves at several points

Super Great Friend: Lifeline, Omikron and Crying is Not Enough

Really just find Omikron LP's and you'll find suffering

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Bit of a self-promo, but I co-commentated on Leal's Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online LP and the game really sucked.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

I want to be a wizard.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Far lighter than the other suggestions, but Panzer & Kaubocks' Borderlands 2 and (just-finished) Borderlands Pre-Sequel LPs largely consist of them playing two games they enjoy and regularly play together while complaining about how every aspect of them is terrible and that everything sucks.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
davidspackage's LP of Limbo of the Lost should probably tell you enough just from the title, but the thread was pretty marvelous too, if you have archives. He posted in the persona of his mother, having found his corpse at the computer and wanting to know why he died, so she was posting the videos he'd recorded to honor his final wish.

cogito ergo incommo
Apr 2, 2010
Kuvosa's FFXV was spite completed by the end.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
More self-promotion: my friend Olive Branch and I did an LP of Metroid: Other M. Having played it before, I go in mostly with resigned apathy, while he goes in totally blind and every moment of it is pure anguish, especially when we get the Gravity Suit.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Thanks for the suggestions. I was a fan of the best friends LPs and those types of things are exactly what I'm looking for. I also remember watching I think it was Proton Jon, or some goon, play through Daikatana and there was one moment the constant disgust tipped them over the edge and they went on a rant after a death and it's forever ingrained in my mind.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Well, if it's resigned anguish you want, I once did a blind LP of Legendary. It has some moments of genuine warmth, though. They mostly involve a flamethrower.

edit: Maybe a bit on the nose, but have you tried any of the many, many LPs of Sonic 2006? Because that game apparently is distilled suffering.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Mar 6, 2019

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
It's interesting what different things people look for in LPs, personally I always prefer ones where the people running it are genuinely enjoying themselves as much as possible. The only real exception are games which are just so fundamentally bad it's downright comical, like Limbo of the Lost or Hopkins FBI.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

is there a good LP for Jagged Alliance 2? Preferably a video one so I can use it as a semi-tutorial for the early stages.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Can anyone recommend some good women in the LP business? My sub feed is predominantly men and I'd love to correct that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

AllisonByProxy posted:

Can anyone recommend some good women in the LP business? My sub feed is predominantly men and I'd love to correct that.

Voidburger

Faerie Fortune

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Mar 7, 2019