Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

loving fig trees, am I right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

God hates figs

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Tenebrais posted:

God hates figs

took a second

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Didn't rip tree from ground with bare hands 3/10

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Tenebrais posted:

God hates figs

Well yeah, why else would they be filled with wasps?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

habeasdorkus posted:

Furious Dumbass needs to be added as a style to the RPG. It should be awesome, but impractical.

:yeshaha:

Make it a Sidereal Martial Art.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

MonsieurChoc posted:

Make it a Sidereal Martial Art.

Lilac Approaches of Delusion Style

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

It looks like a different location, but I like the idea that at one point they had an entire temple/meeting hall for their demiurge summits, but it got smashed up except for the table and chairs... And they kept using it anyway, because where else are they going to meet?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Fish Noise posted:

So.... hit Solomon.... with Solomon?
Can Solomon David throw a punch so hard, even he cannot resist it?

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Cryophage posted:

Early in the morning, as Jesus was on his way back to the city, he was hungry. Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs. Then he said to the tree, "May no one ever eat fruit from you again". Immediately the tree withered.

I started writing K6BD-ified 'The Fox and the Grapes', then realized it was just 'Jesus Gets Mad at a Fig Tree'

The Fox watched from upon the hill as the vines burned and the lines crackled and snapped. "I mean, they were probably sour anyway."

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Joe Slowboat posted:

Lilac Approaches of Delusion Style

Once there was a maiden...

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Joe Slowboat posted:

They already started fighting.
The table's on fire.

e: also how dare you, Gog-Agog is the announcer.

I hosed up. I got the names for Gog-Agog and Jadis backwards. I meant the SUPER STOKED WOMAN at the table, whatever her name was. :)

I guess I should be able to recognize Gog-Agog because she's agog in every panel she's in.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I notice that no matter how old or how powerful Mammon has gotten. He's never taken the saddle off his back however it might look. Even though he's a radical by his people's standards, that's one trait (being servile creatures) he's never shed.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

It is a part of his body, like Yoshi.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Brought To You By posted:

I notice that no matter how old or how powerful Mammon has gotten. He's never taken the saddle off his back however it might look. Even though he's a radical by his people's standards, that's one trait (being servile creatures) he's never shed.

how do you think he got all that money, if not selling horsie rides?

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

how do you think he got all that money, if not selling horsie rides?

The swords make it easier to climb up to the saddle.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

don't kinkshame

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Question: is that assembly happening in the past? I don't think Mammon had those pokey bits once upon a time.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

habeasdorkus posted:

Furious Dumbass needs to be added as a style to the RPG. It should be awesome, but impractical.

:yeshaha:

I think someone actually added a playbook! Let me see if I can track it down...

Edit: yeah here https://docs.google.com/document/d/19BUnYkRmagN_l0tdF9BjM0n3CiFUUg4pqG2gcHE-KpU

I suspect it's for an older edition of the game, sadly.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

A.o.D. posted:

Question: is that assembly happening in the past? I don't think Mammon had those pokey bits once upon a time.

pretty sure it's in the present because mottom's in her battle poppins outfit but who can say for sure in this crazy mixed up thing we call life

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Notably, the only two demiurges missing are the two that are in cahoots.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I remember some speculation about the saddle being a portable family mausoleum, which Mammon carries so that his sins may forever remain a burden on his being

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

pretty sure it's in the present because mottom's in her battle poppins outfit but who can say for sure in this crazy mixed up thing we call life

I took it to be somewhat recent but before the events of the comic, as clearly Mammon lost the capacity/desire to attend the summits before the Zaid meeting, and there's no way they'd be meeting now in the middle of direct all-out war between him and Mottom. It could also easily be not strictly a view of an event that happened, but kind of a representative pastiche of the general state of things.

Also, this frames Solomon David in a new light. He's presented himself as the aloof stickler for details at the previous meeting, and as the benevolent king + hero to Zaid... But in reality, does he actually just want to continue his revenge against all demiurges? Maybe he desires their destruction as much as Jaggonoth or Incubus, and is just biding his time waiting for a favorable opportunity. He certainly proved himself a patient one when it comes to that.

If so, the fact that Incubus knows all this is important too.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Gog Agog looks really happy to see Mammon

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Mr. Lobe posted:

Gog Agog looks really happy to see Mammon

More likely happy to see Mottom and Mammon about to tear each other apart.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I think Solomon is trying to force Mottom and Mammon to come to terms, right now, hence the fighting.
And hence why he's so loving exhausted.

He's trying to be the adult in the room, while Mammon is Godzilla-ing at Mottom and Mottom is crashing her palace into things out of sheer spite.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Gog-Agog is just here for the ratings

and she's loving it

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I took it to be somewhat recent but before the events of the comic, as clearly Mammon lost the capacity/desire to attend the summits before the Zaid meeting, and there's no way they'd be meeting now in the middle of direct all-out war between him and Mottom. It could also easily be not strictly a view of an event that happened, but kind of a representative pastiche of the general state of things.

Also, this frames Solomon David in a new light. He's presented himself as the aloof stickler for details at the previous meeting, and as the benevolent king + hero to Zaid... But in reality, does he actually just want to continue his revenge against all demiurges? Maybe he desires their destruction as much as Jaggonoth or Incubus, and is just biding his time waiting for a favorable opportunity. He certainly proved himself a patient one when it comes to that.

If so, the fact that Incubus knows all this is important too.

He may not even see it as revenge, simply pragmatism. His peaceful empire will never last as long as there are 6 other murderous living WMDs rolling around.

It puts an interesting spin on his tournament of power: He's not actually looking for a successor; he concocted a reason for all of the people in the empire with the ambition and power to potentially become a Demiurge to show up in one place so he can nip that poo poo in the bud.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Oh there is no question he is not actually looking for a successor and that his tournament has ulterior motives. That one seems likely.

Of course the actual reason a kung fu tournament is happening is because those were always the best arcs in Dragonball and Abaddon likes making things that are good and fun.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I see Mottom's attendants have her fruit on hand. That's a lot of baskets of fruit.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Looking at it, I'd say that Mammon fireblasted Mottom, but she was able to block it with her scepter such that while the scepter itself is on fire, her attendants (who are expendable) and the fruit (which are not) aren't even singed. Mottom's got some moves, and Ally needs to watch her step if Mottom ever catches up with her.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

jng2058 posted:

Mottom's got some moves, and Ally needs to watch her step if Mottom ever catches up with her.

I think Allison figured this out when she got strung through with barbed vines like a BDSM gardener.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I thought it might be the other way around. Regardless, I love how much Solomon David just looks done with this pack of children. The jaded look on his face just communicates so much.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

I was kind of hoping that Mottom would be sustaining themself by rage alone, but I guess the "stockpiles of youth fruit" explanation holds Occam's razor tighter.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Hempuli posted:

I was kind of hoping that Mottom would be sustaining themself by rage alone, but I guess the "stockpiles of youth fruit" explanation holds Occam's razor tighter.

It's well established that the correct moniker for this particular snack is "butt fruits".

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Oxxidation posted:

gog agog is STOKED to be here

would you say she is agog?

also holy poo poo mammon smoking out of his ancient sword wounds

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Yeah this definitely says "Solomon attempts a peace conference" to me. Some old council meeting hall in Throne, a neutral spot. Doesn't seem to be going well.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

shirts and skins posted:

Yeah this definitely says "Solomon attempts a peace conference" to me. Some old council meeting hall in Throne, a neutral spot. Doesn't seem to be going well.

He was commenting at the start of this book that he'd need to call a meeting and end this childish mess.

Well, here we are. Looks like it is going well.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I wonder if the demiurges are going to individually choose sides between Mottom and Mammon or if a multiside war will kick off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Great news!

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1098780656224661505?s=19

Not sarcastic. When he delays the comic it's because he's making it awesome.