Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Casimir Radon posted:

I seem to recall people in this very thread getting real upset that anyone doubted his story. Well guys, this is why you shouldn't have gotten invested.

The point.

Your head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Casimir Radon posted:

I seem to recall people in this very thread getting real upset that anyone doubted his story. Well guys, this is why you shouldn't have gotten invested.

sit on it, jimbo

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

LT in the coast guard is an O-3 and typically has command or is an OIC of a small det.

I believe that is in fact :thejoke:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
https://thinkprogress.org/bernie-sanders-loves-the-filibuster-too-much-3b51bc9aca0e/

quote:

Yet, while Buttigieg admits that he’s “not reached a considered position on the issue of court packing,” he also recognizes that the existential threats to democracypresented by men like Neil Gorsuch may require a proportional response. “I don’t think we should be laughing at it,” Buttigieg tells his ambitious questioner, before acknowledging that court-packing is “no more a shattering of norms than what’s already been done to get the judiciary to where it is today.”

Even allowing the idea space for debate has my interest in this guy seriously spiking.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Well, looks like some ex military people tried to play soldier of fortune and got busted, probably trying to overthrow the haitian government

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/haiti/article226475635.html#storylink=readmore_inline

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

not caring here posted:

Well, looks like some ex military people tried to play soldier of fortune and got busted, probably trying to overthrow the haitian government

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/haiti/article226475635.html#storylink=readmore_inline

Trump is going to make the bay of pigs invasion look like a success.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

Because what really matters here is being correct on the internet.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

gently caress off forever tia

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Whatever. I'm not the one who got all pissed off that people were doubting an incredibly dubious story. A mentally ill actor went and gave the Chuds more red meat. Which was what I thought was happening from the beginning.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Casimir Radon posted:

Whatever. I'm not the one who got all pissed off that people were doubting an incredibly dubious story. A mentally ill actor went and gave the Chuds more red meat. Which was what I thought was happening from the beginning.

I’m sorry what part of gently caress off forever did you not understand?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I’m sorry what part of gently caress off forever did you not understand?
I don't speak catty bitch.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

Does it feel good to be that smug?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Casimir Radon posted:

But you understand it?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Casimir Radon posted:

here i'll translate it to smug piece of poo poo:

gently caress off forever.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Casimir Radon posted:

On further thought, you're right you deserve some recognition. Sure thousands of people are going to be negatively impacted by the actions of some c-list celebrity, but you were right on the internet.

Here's your gold loving star, superstar!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

On further thought, you're right you deserve some recognition. Sure thousands of people are going to be negatively impacted by the actions of some c-list celebrity, but you were right on the internet.

Here's your gold loving star, superstar!

Yeet

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Peter Tork from the Monkees died.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/adamwren/status/1098606527924064256

Not having archivists seems more like a future DJT move since his Presidential Library will just be another grift

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

This is literally the exact attitude that got Brett Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court. It's "believe victims" not "believe victims except if their story sounds kind of fishy". If you believe someone and it turns out they were lying, that's on them.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Thread's getting meta again.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

roger stone's gonna get wrecked in about an hour

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Casimir Radon posted:

It's like a stopped clock except the dial just has racist assumptions painted all over it.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

That Works posted:

It's like a stopped clock except the dial just has racist assumptions painted all over it.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/841892608788041732?lang=en

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST
https://twitter.com/axios/status/1098375971252641792

Trump will be in Vietnam that day.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i hate all of you today

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mr. Nice! posted:

LT in the coast guard is an O-3 and typically has command or is an OIC of a small det.

Yeah, but he said leadership.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Casimir Radon posted:

Congrats on being right. I know its a big day for you so take some time to bask in it. You picked the new guy to replace the people from the early 90s as the example of how victims of crimes lie. Bravo.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

EBB posted:

i hate all of you today

what did i do!?!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Fister Roboto posted:

This is literally the exact attitude that got Brett Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court. It's "believe victims" not "believe victims except if their story sounds kind of fishy". If you believe someone and it turns out they were lying, that's on them.

Nick Sandmann is claiming to be a victim right now. So is Laura Loomer. I don't believe either of them.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

what did i do!?!

Wasn't your turn to give a gently caress

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
imagine if a guy made up an attack on this country from say immigrants or something and we had to humor him

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/i/status/1098445846205661184

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Hot take: Smollet is an idiot.

I'm more annoyed that he calls himself "Jussie" than much else about him. It's an awful nickname I'd bet he gave himself. If I wanted to put on my conspiracy hat, I'd start questioning if he has a wife and kid hiding somewhere and he's using the LGBTQ affiliation to self promote.

Go ahead and line me up with a sixer.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
TPUSA is currently in the process of eating itself over Hitler because 2019 and the simulation is breaking down.

https://twitter.com/Bernstein/status/1098646946665906181?s=19

https://twitter.com/TPUSA_Omaha/status/1098613687693266946?s=19

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Congrats on being right. I know its a big day for you so take some time to bask in it. You picked the new guy to replace the people from the early 90s as the example of how victims of crimes lie. Bravo.

Given how much he/she was poo poo on for expressing a reasonable and very reserved level of skepticism I think it's kind of ridiculous to attack him for being "smug" now. There was weird poo poo about this whole thing from the get-go that made me really nervous because when assholes do poo poo like this it sets back all sorts of progress from BLM and the recognition of racial injustice and I wanted in every way for the investigation to prove my anxiety to be wrong.

This is the same "reality as team sport" bullshit that Trump cultists do "we can never admit facts that are bad for us, if you do it's because you're bad faith working for the other team, if it turns out the facts are correct you were still wrong because you were only saying those right things in bad faith to help the other team not because you believed them".

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

facialimpediment posted:

TPUSA is currently in the process of eating itself over Hitler because 2019 and the simulation is breaking down.

https://twitter.com/Bernstein/status/1098646946665906181?s=19

https://twitter.com/TPUSA_Omaha/status/1098613687693266946?s=19

Blexcommunicated

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Jarmak posted:

Given how much he/she was poo poo on for expressing a reasonable and very reserved level of skepticism I think it's kind of ridiculous to attack him for being "smug" now. There was weird poo poo about this whole thing from the get-go that made me really nervous because when assholes do poo poo like this it sets back all sorts of progress from BLM and the recognition of racial injustice and I wanted in every way for the investigation to prove my anxiety to be wrong.

This is the same "reality as team sport" bullshit that Trump cultists do "we can never admit facts that are bad for us, if you do it's because you're bad faith working for the other team, if it turns out the facts are correct you were still wrong because you were only saying those right things in bad faith to help the other team not because you believed them".

Yes everyone citing cases from the 80s and 90s as reasons to be skeptical were "reasonable" because in this instance they were ultimately correct.

Perhaps a reasonable third option would have been letting an investigation move beyond it's preliminary stages before saying you don't believe it?

But yeah both sides or whatever. Thanks for keeping us on an even keel.

I don't give a gently caress that people had doubts or articulated them. I cared that people posted isolated incidents from decades in the past as their rationale for harboring those doubts. So gently caress off with the reality is a team game bullshit

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Feb 21, 2019

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/stat...ingawful.com%2F

:hmmyes:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Chichevache posted:

Nick Sandmann is claiming to be a victim right now. So is Laura Loomer. I don't believe either of them.

We have direct evidence showing that to not be the case. With Smollett it was just "his story sounds odd" and "sources say...".

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

EBB posted:

i hate all of you today

:glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I love it when posters ITT and Ann Coulter basically offer the same takes :discourse: