Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Just exhausting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Yes everyone citing cases from the 80s and 90s as reasons to be skeptical were "reasonable" because in this instance they were ultimately correct.

Perhaps a reasonable third option would have been letting an investigation move beyond it's preliminary stages before saying you don't believe it?

But yeah both sides or whatever. Thanks for keeping us on an even keel.

I don't give a gently caress that people had doubts or articulated them. I cared that people posted isolated incidents from decades in the past as their rationale for harboring those doubts. So gently caress off with the reality is a team game bullshit

I missed that part of it and was remembering people pointing out things about the story that seemed really weird.

If someone was citing some previous rare hoax as the basis for being suspicious that's bullshit and I am not defending that.

edit: "Don't do what they do it's bad" is not the same as "both sides are the same/do the same thing".

Jarmak fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Feb 21, 2019

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

gently caress off forever tia

I’m sorry what part of gently caress off forever did you not understand?

here i'll translate it to smug piece of poo poo:

gently caress off forever.

On further thought, you're right you deserve some recognition. Sure thousands of people are going to be negatively impacted by the actions of some c-list celebrity, but you were right on the internet.

Here's your gold loving star, superstar!

:stare:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
But how can we come together as a country if we don't treat minorities with the same skepticism as police

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I really hope Coulter gets hit by a train

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Matt Shepard would like a word with you Ann

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I’m not really having a hard time sticking with my position that I gave Smollett a massive amount of benefit of the doubt over the Chicago police until that eventually eroded away

Some posters outside this thread are twisting themselves into some pretty wild contortion over it though

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

We're gonna try something new from here on since it is a growing problem. Slapfights get you a day. I don't care if you're right, you both go to the corner.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Fallom posted:

I’m not really having a hard time sticking with my position that I gave Smollett a massive amount of benefit of the doubt over the Chicago police until that eventually eroded away

Some posters outside this thread are twisting themselves into some pretty wild contortion over it though

I feel ya, I was in the same place. Now I can post "Man gently caress it, I never watched Empire anyways". Even when the rumors first started trickiling out I was all "foreal! CPD and ICE just picked up these Nigerians and beating them till they sign the confession in their blood"

But, welp reality is real and a C List actor wanted the same recognition Rober DeNiro got. Last thing he said was he was "Gay Tupac" and I am DONE. News cycle is fast enough I can just wash my hands and move on.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Things appear to be going well in the Roger Stone hearing.

https://twitter.com/awprokop/status/1098673432470925312?s=19

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

facialimpediment posted:

Things appear to be going well in the Roger Stone hearing.

https://twitter.com/awprokop/status/1098673432470925312?s=19

Is it too much to ask for the judge to just nail him to the wall. I'd like someone involved in this shitshow administration to suffer literally any consequences for lying.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Me, every time someone says a family member recently died of natural causes: “you sound like a liar.”

That one time I was right, oh boy it was like Christmas in July :smug:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

one last thing: abusing the report system to snipe at people silently wastes my time which is about the fastest way to make me angry

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

EBB posted:

one last thing: abusing the report system to snipe at people silently wastes my time which is about the fastest way to make me angry

Reported for mod sass

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
This is still going live, but this is too good of a judicial burn to leave out.

https://twitter.com/awprokop/status/1098679488592912384?s=19

Edit: decision in 15, sound like a gagging thing, versus jailing stone :sigh:

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Feb 21, 2019

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Read this article if you don't want to sleep tonight.

Climate Change is Making Tick Populations Explode

quote:

Debow, wielding his ruler, called out square-centimeter tick counts to Blouin: nine ticks in the first square centimeter, seven engorged; eight in the second, none engorged; 28, four engorged; eight, none. This count would later produce an estimated infestation total of just under 14,000 ticks. This was actually far fewer than they often found, but it was enough to render this calf chronically anemic from January through March and then acutely, fatally anemic in the last couple of weeks of his life. In April, when the gravid females start taking their blood meals, the blood loss over their last two to four weeks aboard the moose “can equate to a calf’s total blood volume,” according to one recent paper—some three and a half gallons. As Inga Sidor, the New Hampshire state veterinary pathologist who processed the tissue samples Debow and Blouin took that day, later told me, the ticks “literally bleed the moose to death.”

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

EBB posted:

lmao, sounds fun for you...

Now I am tempted to report people to compliment their good posts.

(won’t actually do this)

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

mlmp08 posted:

lmao, sounds fun for you...

Now I am tempted to report people to compliment their good posts.

(won’t actually do this)

The admins have a vested interest in a tidy report forum.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

EBB posted:

The admins have a vested interest in a tidy report forum.

Your report boxes are red at the moment. Need you to get them up to green before the next FUB.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

EBB posted:

We're gonna try something new from here on since it is a growing problem. Slapfights get you a day. I don't care if you're right, you both go to the corner.

Also known as "American Education Style"

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

EBB posted:

Does this apply to mods

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

facialimpediment posted:

TPUSA is currently in the process of eating itself over Hitler because 2019 and the simulation is breaking down.

https://twitter.com/Bernstein/status/1098646946665906181?s=19

https://twitter.com/TPUSA_Omaha/status/1098613687693266946?s=19

What did she say, "Hitler did something wrong"?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
News o' clock!

https://twitter.com/awprokop/status/1098688670603898882?s=19

https://twitter.com/srl/status/1098688929153208320?s=19

Stone got turbogagged and the North Carolina House Election was officially tossed.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

shame on an IGA posted:

What did she say, "Hitler did something wrong"?

She said that Hitler's only problem was trying to expand Germany's borders, everything he did within them was just Making Germany Great Again

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Taxpayers have picked up the tab for the Secret Service to rent golf carts to protect Trump while he hits the links, including more than $90,000 this winter in Florida, bringing the agency’s total golf-cart rental expenses to approximately $400,000 since Trump took office. Trump’s golfing while president has so far cost taxpayers an estimated $88 million, including security and flights aboard Air Force One.

https://qz.com/1555978/trump-is-building-a-wall-after-all-around-his-florida-golf-club/

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

psydude posted:

Read this article if you don't want to sleep tonight.

Climate Change is Making Tick Populations Explode

Nuke the world to eradicate ticks. We’ll all die too obviously, but it’s worth it to die knowing that we’ve taken them with us.

I loving HATE ticks.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/srl/status/1098688929153208320?s=19

North Carolina House Election was officially tossed.

a green card holder in Texas was sentenced to 8 years for voting.

these people committed massive fraud and not a single loving one of them will ever see jail and the GOP guy still gets another shot.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Create fake moose filled with poison blood.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

take billionaire blood, give it to the moose

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Taxpayers have picked up the tab for the Secret Service to rent golf carts to protect Trump while he hits the links, including more than $90,000 this winter in Florida, bringing the agency’s total golf-cart rental expenses to approximately $400,000 since Trump took office. Trump’s golfing while president has so far cost taxpayers an estimated $88 million, including security and flights aboard Air Force One.

https://qz.com/1555978/trump-is-building-a-wall-after-all-around-his-florida-golf-club/

Not only that, but isn't the fat gently caress billing a ton of this to his own companies?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Nuke the world to eradicate ticks. We’ll all die too obviously, but it’s worth it to die knowing that we’ve taken them with us.

I loving HATE ticks.

The part where the tick babies make chains of themselves thousands strong and just dangle waiting for moose to walk by is the best

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Tryzzub posted:

Does this apply to mods

dOeS tHiS aPpLy To MoDs

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

egyptian rat race posted:

Not only that, but isn't the fat gently caress billing a ton of this to his own companies?

He got the US to pay for his golf carts, how hasnt he gotten Mexico to pay for his wall? He got so much done with his negotiations with himself.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

She said that Hitler's only problem was trying to expand Germany's borders, everything he did within them was just Making Germany Great Again

turned that racism knob a little too far

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

She also thinks Hitler wanted to make all the Slavs into Germans, which is pretty much the exact opposite of what he wanted (he wanted them enslaved and eradicated to make room for the Germans). I guess she thinks lebensraum is a funny word for "cultural exports."

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

egyptian rat race posted:

Basically everything he can charge to his own businesses he is so he can charge way, WAY beyond market rate and pocket the excess. His hotels are also stunningly full of representatives from foreign governments renting out entire floors and the like that may or may not actually show up but pay for the rooms at way, WAY beyond market rate so he can pocket the excess.

In a functioning, healthy country those would be easy grounds for impeachment right there but laffo we live in a kleptocracy.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Her argument was that his "Germany first" programs were ok, he just went too far.

Edit: Whoops, should've refreshed.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

So to answer my question, yes.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
The ticks are rich people and the moose is the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Syrian Lannister posted:

I really hope Coulter gets hit by a train

I think we can at least all agree on this