Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

epic Kingdom Hearts LP posted:

What does end game gear look like? Is there cool poo poo for me to chase? I like glowy swords and badass shields.

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/ lots of unique looks to work towards. There is a reason the thread title references fashion. Though glowy swords I am not sure about, I have seen a couple around but not sure how common or easy they are to get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

What does end game gear look like? Is there cool poo poo for me to chase? I like glowy swords and badass shields.

Seconding the eso fashion link, also you can go to an outfit station in the game or at someone's house and preview all the styles. Playing around at the outfit station is also good for making sure different outfit parts don't clip when mixing styles.

For the most part, using an outfit style requires that one of your toons knows the corresponding motif chapter (e.g. Ashlander chests or Morag Tong heads). Some of the fancier or rarer motifs are pricey, but there's a copy of each of the base racial motifs in the guild bank to get you started, and you can farm others or buy them in guild traders. You can also dye your equipment and outfits, dyes are unlocked through achievements and they're account-wide so all your toons can use them.

There are plenty of good-looking shields; weapon effects mostly come from the applied enchantment, although there are a few styles that have their own effects like the Skyforge Hammer:

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Two questions: Does that animation cancel poo poo work on battlegrounds, and if 'yes' where can I learn to do that?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I'm getting some tel var stones for my daily login reward today. Normally you get those in Imperial City I guess, which I haven't set foot in. Should I just bank those until I care about them later? Anything worth buying now for a 33 sorc who isn't doing RvR yet?

Game's fun. My dark elf sorc is halfway through Deshaan (<3 Naryu). Wood elf nightblade is 14 and digging into the thieves and assassins guild quests. Some of those assassins guild fights are a fun challenge for someone with barely enough skills to fill one bar. My low teens orc warden is still waiting for my gaming buddy to settle on a char and get to 10, but I want to see if Jakarn and Lerisa show back up outside the starter islands so he may get some play too.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
I played a support class in Rift in groups and loved it. Can I do that here?

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
There are tank and healer builds for every class, but Templar and Warden have the most options for support.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

I played a support class in Rift in groups and loved it. Can I do that here?

if you're talking buffs, then yes depending on class, but iirc group buffs don't stack with self-buffs of the same type so imo it's a bit of a moot point since most people have whatever self-buffs they need on hand.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Is there an up to date stamsorc guide for vet maelstrom?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Baron Porkface posted:

Is there an up to date stamsorc guide for vet maelstrom?

Dual Wield + Bow
-If you have access to Vicious Ophidian, use that (jewelry + 2 body pieces)
-If not, use Vengeance Leech jewelry, and pair it with Agility daggers (infused/precise) and bow (infused)
-Use Night Mother's Gaze for the Major Fracture bonus on criticals
-Crit Surge on at all times
-Make sure to have caltrops, and the Ballista ultimate

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Could someone invite me @Effluence? Whatever guild has room.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Overemotional Robot posted:

^^^sent the invite

thanks!

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
So I'm running a magplar DPS following altcast and it's pretty solid at most everything I've tried.

Dungeon queues take forever though! I want to respec to tank/healer (healer most likely?) to bring those down. I've always healed in MMOs anyways so it shouldn't be a huge struggle.

How are healers (or tanks) for slogging through undone quests and general overland content? Is it a huge pain? It seems like people run a dps bar anyways from what I can tell so I can't imagine it's too bad.

Is there anything that I should know before I pop a resto staff on my back bar and queue up?

I don't really want to have a separate tank or healer alt I use for dungeons only if I can avoid it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Healer is better than tank for soloing, in my experience. A Magplar healer is going to keep doing solid damage with spells because resto staves are fairly strong, your big DPS loss will be from losing elemental wall and the destro passives. You'll also be able to keep your light armor instead of having to switch to heavy.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Enjoy the near-instant dungeon queues as a solo healer

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

How is healing in this game? Especially for PUG groups. I wanted to try it but I feel like I'd be kind of bored/redundant in a good group or having to stress over carrying a bad group.

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?
To jump in on soloing chat, any recommendations on class for an almost entirely solo tank?
I want to sword and board and wear plate, craft wood and metal, and I rarely have uninterrupted time to devote

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Hakarne posted:

How is healing in this game? Especially for PUG groups. I wanted to try it but I feel like I'd be kind of bored/redundant in a good group or having to stress over carrying a bad group.

For normal dungeons you use a dps staff on one of your bars and just dps like everyone else until someone needs a heal, so there's no boredom. It's pretty great!

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Silly Newbie posted:

To jump in on soloing chat, any recommendations on class for an almost entirely solo tank?
I want to sword and board and wear plate, craft wood and metal, and I rarely have uninterrupted time to devote

Warden.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Warden mag tank

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?
What's the easiest way to buy warden?

Edit - anyone have a link to a guide for this? I thought mag tanks rocked a staff, which is probably ok for what I'm looking for.

Silly Newbie fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Feb 22, 2019

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008

Silly Newbie posted:

I would say don't level up as a tank, or a healer for that matter - you will regret it. Level up as dps, whilst leveling your support skills, and then switch to full-time support at the end.

As for class, dk is bis for me.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Hakarne posted:

This is only one of two games that I have ever played where I think healing is fun. And I think it's because this game eschews traditional holy trinity style MMO play. Yeah you need one tank, two DPS, and one healer for dungeon queues, but this is an elder scrolls game at heart so every character is kind of expected to be able to do everything. And what I mean by that is that everybody needs to be able to hit things, take a hit, and kind of sustain themselves.

Taking magplar for example, 98% of normal queue Dungeons are gonna be "keep extended ritual down, keep mutagen up" then DPS like normal, which is throwing spear, and putting out wall of elements while you sweep. For big heals you have your class instant cast, or healing springs from resto staff.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Mr Newsman posted:

So I'm running a magplar DPS following altcast and it's pretty solid at most everything I've tried.

How are healers (or tanks) for slogging through undone quests and general overland content? Is it a huge pain?

No real difference from pure dps'ers, perhaps even easier.
Those full blown DPS rotations are for dungeon bosses with half a million health or more, it takes a while to get through the whole rotation and high sustained dps is based on damage over time abilities as well as the enemy surviving for a while so that everything has time to kick in.

For overland content, delves, even public dungeons (which are harder than delves) a single bar of dps skills and 1 or 2 alright gear sets is more than enough.

I play a magplar and on my destro staff bar i use 4 dps skills and the templar heal.
On my resto bar i have 4 skills that i want to level up (but dont use) and the templar heal.

I breeze through public dungeons, group event included, and i barely ever need to use the templar heal. For groups i never need more healing than the templar heal, though i will go to the resto staff bar for my heavy attacks since they restore more MP there.
Occasionally you get groups where no heals are ever needed, though i have yet to be in a group where i had problems healing.

valuum posted:

For normal dungeons you use a dps staff on one of your bars and just dps like everyone else until someone needs a heal, so there's no boredom. It's pretty great!

Just put the templar heal with your destro staff and you are good to go, for the most part.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
For normal non-dlc dungeons I get by as a magsorc "healer" just fine with just healing ward from the resto staff line (morph of steadfast).

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?
Does Stam nightblade have enough healing from abilities to make 2 hand viable?

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008

Silly Newbie posted:

Does Stam nightblade have enough healing from abilities to make 2 hand viable?

Vigor is the only heal I can think of (unless you go pvp skills), but it's quite strong. I think 2h anything is very viable for dungeons, normal trials etc. Just won't be accepted for end-game groups.

Graphics
Jun 9, 2003

Any PC-NA DC players that mostly run around in small groups or solo in Cyrodiil want to group up occasionally? Or all the time? I'd really love to have a regular group of people to play with so I'm not always 1vX'ing.

Feel free to add me if you want to group up: @GraphicsX

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Overture posted:

Any PC-NA DC players that mostly run around in small groups or solo in Cyrodiil want to group up occasionally? Or all the time? I'd really love to have a regular group of people to play with so I'm not always 1vX'ing.

Feel free to add me if you want to group up: @GraphicsX

Depends on the campaign. Sotha is absolute rear end and I refuse to play on the same faction as that shitter Fengrush, I'd rather risk getting banned for stream-sniping

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

JadaX posted:

Vigor is the only heal I can think of (unless you go pvp skills), but it's quite strong. I think 2h anything is very viable for dungeons, normal trials etc. Just won't be accepted for end-game groups.

Doesn't nightblade have a whole skill line of leech? That's more what I was talking about

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008

Silly Newbie posted:

Doesn't nightblade have a whole skill line of leech? That's more what I was talking about

You mean the siphoning tree? The issue is that none of those skills are ideal on a stam character (other than leeching strikes and maybe the ultimate). If you go 2h magicka (which is very possible btw) then yep, you have a bunch of additional skills which will make soloing easy.

That being said, this game is very easy to solo on any class, any spec as long as you have proper gear and remember to weave.

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?
Weaving is tossing out lights right as skills finish casting to take advantage of the cooldown gap for skills?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Silly Newbie posted:

Weaving is tossing out lights right as skills finish casting to take advantage of the cooldown gap for skills?

Correct. The vid below is probably the most thorough explanation of how to weave.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGEh_NVnJtY

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Scyantific posted:

Sotha is absolute rear end

Wait, what happened to Sotha Sil? All my alts have that as a home campaign.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Where can I find a good listing of heal builds? I haven't played in forever and all my poo poo got respecced. I'm a sorceror.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Airspace posted:

Wait, what happened to Sotha Sil? All my alts have that as a home campaign.

Fengrush flooded the campaign with autistic orcs that consume everything in their path, AD has a guild that runs 3 raids deep on any given weeknight, and thus the lag has gotten completely out of hand. Froid and I were unable to find any decent fights the last two times we went in because we'd either get lagged to hell, or we'd drop 3 or 4 bodies and suddenly we're getting swarmed by 25+ at a resource.

Jarvisi posted:

Where can I find a good listing of heal builds? I haven't played in forever and all my poo poo got respecced. I'm a sorceror.

https://tabatta.eu/
https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-sorcerer-healer-build-pve/
https://youtube.com/channel/UC0ZrF6282tJGZboWa2IwCHg

Or just ask DoriDori240 ingame or in the thread

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

Scyantific posted:

Depends on the campaign. Sotha is absolute rear end and I refuse to play on the same faction as that shitter Fengrush, I'd rather risk getting banned for stream-sniping

Im assuming stream sniping is essentially watching someones stream with the express purpose of griefing them?

Is that really bannable in a pvp area? like whats to stop a couple nightblades from just stealth bombing a streamer nonstop?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hi posted:

Im assuming stream sniping is essentially watching someones stream with the express purpose of griefing them?

Is that really bannable in a pvp area? like whats to stop a couple nightblades from just stealth bombing a streamer nonstop?

It's very bannable, especially when you're a bitch-made streamer like fengrush who goes crying to zos. It's how an EU troll got banned after he came to NA for the express purpose of having this kind of fun.

And yeah, I've already "stream-sniped" the shitter even if I wasn't directly attacking him.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/376112363?fbclid=IwAR3N8CooW4yLYHgEPqDWwGFnepCLY1Y344VxJ2AuZsgjsB5LIYZAPXlmaUQ&t=03h26m09s

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Out of curiosity, would you guys say the questing and exploring are as good or better than say Skyrim? Even though Skyrim has some boring stuff in it for sure, I enjoy a lot of the quests just to see how things play out I guess you'd say. What I've played so far of ESO has been a little boring to be honest, but I also haven't gotten far in at all to give it a chance to click yet. I think I've done the first handful of quests in Summerset, maybe around level 4 or 5? For instance I haven't really gotten a chance to get out of the starting area and find any public dungeons or things like that.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
They definitely tend to both get better, but obviously stay sort of the same as you're experiencing now. It's a different style than Skyrim.

The vanilla main quest dealing with the Vestige storyline, I have very fond memories of, but I also seem to recall thinking it felt more like a BioWare game than a Bethesda game. Admittedly, one of the characters being voiced by Jennifer Hale could have influenced that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

Scyantific posted:

It's very bannable, especially when you're a bitch-made streamer like fengrush who goes crying to zos. It's how an EU troll got banned after he came to NA for the express purpose of having this kind of fun.

And yeah, I've already "stream-sniped" the shitter even if I wasn't directly attacking him.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/376112363?fbclid=IwAR3N8CooW4yLYHgEPqDWwGFnepCLY1Y344VxJ2AuZsgjsB5LIYZAPXlmaUQ&t=03h26m09s

That seems a ridiculous thing to ban for and pretty subjective to enforce. Where do you draw the line between this guy is killing me because Im trying to stream and this guy is killing me because Im on the opposite team in a pvp zone?

Like I would think if you choose to stream you do so knowing that its live and that means people watching it know what youre doing as youre doing it and some will use that to their advantage in a pvp game

edit: I watched that video and wow, does he almost cry a little cause you killed him on his live stream ? also not sure how ive never watched a fengrush stream before but man does that guy annoy me instantly.

Hi fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Feb 25, 2019