Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

The update to this is especially vindicating, as HR fired him over this and when he threatened legal action in return, the head of the company fired both the HR person and the food thief and gave the dude a raise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
satisfying

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

If sex is boring and unenjoyable I'll call it bad, if it is hours of sexual torture followed by a week of pain, I'll say "oh it's like that one post in the r/r thread that some people thought was just bad sex"

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Being bad at sex isn't, and shouldn't be, counted as rape.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My mother put a space in the middle of my first name because she thought it was “unique” and it’s been causing me problems

My mother legally named me “Al Lison” on my birth certificate. Until I turned 18 and needed to provide my name the way it legally appeared on my birth certificate, I honestly had no idea there was a space.

This has been causing minor difficulties occasionally. For example, while applying for credit lines, some entry fields do not allow me to put a space in the first name. This has required me to send in additional documentation, have applications delayed/denied for not matching my legal name on bank statements, or use my name in a way that does not appear on my ID/SS card. 1 of my 2 debit cards says “Al L (last name)”, as if “Lison” was my middle name/initial. I’ve been forced to just use “Allison” as my first name for other documentation and it’s a hassle trying to keep up with which accounts have my name spelled which way.

The last 3 weeks I’ve been jumping through hoops to provide proper documentation to a creditor that my legal name matches my bank statements, when both of my bank accounts and current credit cards are listed 3 different ways (Allison M Lastname, Al Lison M Lastname, and Al L Lastname).

It’s not too serious, just an annoyance more than anything. Is there any way to legally remove the space from my first name without shelling out hundreds of dollars? I’m a rather broke college student right now and can’t really afford it.

Edit: thanks everyone for the advice and recommendations!

Edit 2: also forgot to state that I’m in New York

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
If your partner is miserable and crying and bleeding, maybe hold up and check in

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
looking at rape as the low end of an arbitrary sexual skill system sounds dumb to me

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Being so bad that your partner asks you to stop because it hurts, and then not stopping, seems like it crosses a line.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Incoherence posted:

Being so bad that your partner asks you to stop because it hurts, and then not stopping, seems like it crosses a line.
True, but I don't remember her saying she asked him to stop. Then she had sex with him again.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My mother put a space in the middle of my first name because she thought it was “unique” and it’s been causing me problems

My mother legally named me “Al Lison” on my birth certificate. Until I turned 18 and needed to provide my name the way it legally appeared on my birth certificate, I honestly had no idea there was a space.

This has been causing minor difficulties occasionally. For example, while applying for credit lines, some entry fields do not allow me to put a space in the first name. This has required me to send in additional documentation, have applications delayed/denied for not matching my legal name on bank statements, or use my name in a way that does not appear on my ID/SS card. 1 of my 2 debit cards says “Al L (last name)”, as if “Lison” was my middle name/initial. I’ve been forced to just use “Allison” as my first name for other documentation and it’s a hassle trying to keep up with which accounts have my name spelled which way.

The last 3 weeks I’ve been jumping through hoops to provide proper documentation to a creditor that my legal name matches my bank statements, when both of my bank accounts and current credit cards are listed 3 different ways (Allison M Lastname, Al Lison M Lastname, and Al L Lastname).

It’s not too serious, just an annoyance more than anything. Is there any way to legally remove the space from my first name without shelling out hundreds of dollars? I’m a rather broke college student right now and can’t really afford it.

it's Arabic for "the Lison"

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Anne Whateley posted:

If your partner is miserable and crying and bleeding, maybe hold up and check in

“aren’t women supposed to cry and bleed all over the sheets??? that’s just how sex is, all of my girlfriends have done that!”

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

"Yeah baby I'm so big all my girlfriends bleed on the sheets."

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

marijuanamancer posted:

looking at rape as the low end of an arbitrary sexual skill system sounds dumb to me
I might have missed it because this thread moved fast, but I didn't see where anyone said it was rape. What people did say (and I agree with) is that that kind of physical sexual trauma and the graphic description of it is likely very disturbing to people who had similar injuries resulting from rape, so maybe spoiler-tag it and don't be a jerk

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Smirking_Serpent posted:

WIBTA if I go postal on my neighbor over Girl Scout cookies?

Quick background: Husband, toddler and I recently moved to a very WASPY suburb. We live in a neighborhood that is essentially an enlarged cul-de-sac. So when the weather is decent, we will come into contact with our neighbors a lot.

Now, to the not-so-quick WIBTA issue at hand.

A neighbor (who I have yet to meet in person) sends out an email in early January on behalf of her Girl Scout daughter, letting neighborhood email distribution (yeah, I know) know that daughter is selling cookies and if we want to order them, reply to email and ChasePay her money. I reply with some pleasantries ("new to hood, hope to meet you soon!") plus my order of many boxes of Thin Mints and others. Sidenote: I LOVE GIRL SCOUT COOKIES. I look forward to them every year. I need them to get me through the misery of February in the Midwest.

Neighbor never acknowledges payment or order. I email her days later to confirm. She responds days later, apologizing. A month + goes by. I start seeing those delightful colorful boxes around my office. This past Thursday, she sends a neighborhood-wide email that daughter will be at X grocery with cookies for sale, in case anyone missed the original order opp. I respond asking when the pre-ordered cookies will be available. No response. Two days later, Saturday, she responds that they already picked them up. Period. End of email. Nothing about delivery or pick-up, or how the gently caress I can obtain my cookies.

I respond right away asking if they'll be delivering them or what. She responds days later (Monday AM) that she's super busy at work and can maybe drop them off this coming Sunday (over a week after they've received the cookie shipment), or she'll put on her front stoop and I can pick them up any time. Great, I respond, I will pick them up right away. No response. I go to her house that evening and there are no cookies on the stoop. WTF. I don't want to be totally psycho and ring her doorbell, so I leave and send a follow up email. This was Monday PM. SHE STILL HASN'T RESPONDED. I sent another one this AM...nothing.

Now I'm sure many of you are thinking I'm overreacting about these cookies. Maybe neighbor lady has something serious going on. Etc. Fair points. But the communication around what is supposed to be a fun and light-hearted thing (Girl Scout cookies) -- which, by the way, her daughter (the Girl Scout) has had nothing to do with, even though I'm pretty sure the cookie selling is supposed to empower the child's entrepreneurial skills or some poo poo -- has been infuriating to me. AND I NEED THOSE THIN MINTS. And I paid for them already. WIBTA if I showed up at her house demanding my cookies??

TL;DR: I'm obsessed with Girl Scout cookies. Ordered and paid for many boxes through new neighbor child's mother. Bizarro lady is stonewalling me and ignoring my polite and friendly requests to pick up what is rightfully mine. WIBTA if I show up at her door unannounced?

Cookie moms stealing money is totally a thing. She needs to call the council offices.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

Cookie moms stealing money is totally a thing. She needs to call the council offices.

they should really just incorporate that into the program, coaching the kids on how to organize a decent scam and get out clean would be a lot more useful than whatever proto-Amway poo poo the cookie selling is supposed to teach them

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Feb 21, 2019

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

CheesyDog posted:

r/legaladvice
So about traveling with weed-lube...
u/laur3en
Colombia is notoriously one of the strictest countries in the world where narcotics use is concerned, even a whiff of that lube will net her a triple life sentence in the worst Colombian prisons.

Still, a life without weed lube is not one worth living (as Socrates tells us) so she really has no choice here.

CountingCrows
Apr 17, 2001

Araenna posted:

[MO] My wealthy dad died, leaving everything to my older sister - my mom is now destitute.

Kinda thinking it might be a troll post of Cinderella.

Just a guess because I'm too lazy to look it up, but it's likely a troll post as in my jurisdiction her alimony would survive his death and be paid through the estate.

Edit: Actually, it probably depends on the details of the arrangement.

CountingCrows fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Feb 21, 2019

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

gently caress Your Website posted:

Colombia is notoriously one of the strictest countries in the world where narcotics use is concerned, even a whiff of that lube will net her a triple life sentence in the worst Colombian prisons.

Still, a life without weed lube is not one worth living (as Socrates tells us) so she really has no choice here.

weed lube weed lube weed lube is the sound of the police.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

La Brea Carpet posted:

weed lube weed lube that's the sound of the beast

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Leon Einstein posted:

True, but I don't remember her saying she asked him to stop. Then she had sex with him again.

She told him not to do it again. He did it again.

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anne Whateley posted:

I might have missed it because this thread moved fast, but I didn't see where anyone said it was rape. What people did say (and I agree with) is that that kind of physical sexual trauma and the graphic description of it is likely very disturbing to people who had similar injuries resulting from rape, so maybe spoiler-tag it and don't be a jerk

I was responding to this comment:

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

i maintain that is a dumb way to think about rape

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Araenna posted:

She told him not to do it again. He did it again.

Again, she told him she was willing to do it again but she wanted more foreplay, which he 100% did make an inept and worthless attempt at

Incoherence posted:

She didn't ask him to stop and explicitly mentions that she doesn't really blame him because she didn't ask him to stop

The man is obviously a moron who traded in his ability to comprehend hints and to even try and gently caress well in order to get a lead pipe for a dick, but there's nothing at all that indicates he did anything intentional on the level of sexual abuse, which is what was being claimed, and it's a bit extreme

CountingCrows posted:

Just a guess because I'm too lazy to look it up, but it's likely a troll post as in my jurisdiction her alimony would survive his death and be paid through the estate.

Edit: Actually, it probably depends on the details of the arrangement.

It's very likely it wasn't actual alimony, it was just him giving her money while they lived together

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

quote:

A few months ago, we gained a new departmental manager (Kelly). Some background: Kelly is about 10 years younger than the two most senior people in our department, of which I am one, and comes from another industry so there’s a steep learning curve.

My colleague (Alex) and I are finding conversations and meetings with Kelly increasingly difficult, as Kelly calls us out for acting/feeling/looking frustrated, hostile, or defensive. It’s not an exaggeration to say this occurs every other meeting.

A typical scenario: Kelly asks a question, I start answering, Kelly interrupts me to ask another question, and when I try to finish answering, she asks why I’m “frustrated.” If I try to explain, truthfully, that I’m not frustrated, I’m just trying to explain the answer or the context, Kelly responds with “There’s no need to be defensive.”

Last week this happened in a meeting with Alex, where Kelly asked me “Why are you so defensive?” when I was having to explain something for the third time that meeting. Alex came to talk to me afterward and volunteered that I had done nothing wrong, and any frustration was from Kelly asking the same questions and not listening.

Kelly is constantly taking notes but never seems to remember what we say, so we end up answering the same questions over and over: We don’t need to do anything with the TPS reports because they were submitted two weeks ago; we can’t exactly replicate the number of chocolate teapots reported finished last year because some departments are late reporting their numbers to us and we have to manually update the official PDF to incorporate those; this dataset lives in the Teaset Database not the Chocolate Database; I’ve already requested access but you need to give your approval.

It’s now at the point where I will choose to walk the long way round to get to the bathrooms or the break room rather than walk past Kelly’s office, in case I get called in for an impromptu meeting/Q&A. I know Kelly means well and is trying to build rapport, but being repeatedly asked if I’m frustrated or if it’s something personal with Kelly (previous conversations included variants of “let’s work it out”) is causing me frustration and annoyance.

I even recorded my last meeting with Kelly to let someone else listen later and give me impartial feedback as to whether my words or tone were implying something I did not intend, whether the feedback was reasonable, and if any other nuggets could be gleaned. (For the record, I live in a one-party consent state, and do not intend to share the existence of the recording with anyone else.)

I’m taking on board the advice I received from the third party, which included feedback that I did sound a little frustrated but that it didn’t seem unreasonable, and confirmed that we seem to have very different communication styles. In short, Kelly is constantly using a lot of management speak like “Let’s get on the same page,” “Believe me, I’m on your side,” and “We can work this out.” I plan to listen again, and try to pull out some specific examples that I hear again and again, and try to figure out why they annoy me and how I can ignore them. However, we still have an ongoing problem which needs to be addressed before it causes real issues.

Alex and I both have a great working relationship with the CEO, and there have never been communication problems like this in our department before. The CEO is very empathic and approachable, values Alex and me as long-time employees, and knows that bringing in someone from another industry was a bit risky, but Kelly does have some technical skills we will find useful in the longer term.

Although I would prefer to talk directly to Kelly, I don’t feel that either of us can talk to Kelly about these problems without it causing more difficulties. I think we should broach it with the CEO, who has asked me about tension in the department. I said that we were just a little stressed with our busy period and were working through some things, hoping that Kelly would be able to read our body language better as we all got to know each other more, but instead the situation is worsening. How should we approach this?

1 Weird Trick to Being An Effective Boss: just respond to anything anyone says with "u mad?"

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

cram the nanners up your rear end then have your big burly bull gently caress the nanners into mush then you poop out the mush into your diaper while the ducktales song from NES plays at ear-bleeding decibels

edit- fuckin, cram that nasty nanner goo into a hollowed out Hostess fruit pie. or spread it between two enormous slabs of jizz-lookin frosted poundcake

Sorry, right thread

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

Likely. I myself just ordered girl scout cookies, and they would not accept payment until they are ready to deliver

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

La Brea Carpet posted:

InediblePenguin posted:

weed lube weed lube that's the sound of the beast

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Willfrey posted:

Likely. I myself just ordered girl scout cookies, and they would not accept payment until they are ready to deliver

It’s the opposite here for me :shrug: we always pay first.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

It’s the opposite here for me :shrug: we always pay first.

Thats fuckin impossible

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My friend is having serious problems because of something like this. She has a hyphenated first name, so when she applied for insurance (she has multiple severe mental illnesses and relies on her medication to avoid hallucinations, panic attacks, impulsive and harmful behavior toward herself and others, depression, etc.) they initially refused until she provided additional proof that she was a real person.

By the time they accepted her identification, the enrollment period had ended. She appealed to have an extension, and the company decided that because she wasn't already insured with them it didn't count as a loss of coverage and thus no extension, go gently caress yourself and die.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Power Khan posted:

quote:

Marriage and virginity question. [Religion based question] please take it seriously.

You know, at least this guy is trying to work through his feelings and doesn't seem to be condemning his hypothetical future wife for potentially having a sexual history. Hopefully the fact that he's treating the issue as a problem with himself (instead of a problem with his future partner) is a sign that he's capable of changing for the better.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

My last name is kinda like that. It’s loving different depending on which system it’s entered into

Lol my drivers license is different from my passport and bank.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

chitoryu12 posted:

My friend is having serious problems because of something like this. She has a hyphenated first name, so when she applied for insurance (she has multiple severe mental illnesses and relies on her medication to avoid hallucinations, panic attacks, impulsive and harmful behavior toward herself and others, depression, etc.) they initially refused until she provided additional proof that she was a real person.

By the time they accepted her identification, the enrollment period had ended. She appealed to have an extension, and the company decided that because she wasn't already insured with them it didn't count as a loss of coverage and thus no extension, go gently caress yourself and die.

god drat that's hosed up

even moreso than a grown rear end woman too dumb to just go ahead and call herself "Allison" without getting a federal permission slip first

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013
wow they wont let connie call herself constance, likewise with aleksey's 2nd name

Amnizu
Nov 3, 2003

TELL ME WHY HILLARY INJECTED A MARIJUANA

Same poster:

quote:

Had a gpa of 1.9 in hs and now in my last year of my masters program my gpa is 3.1. I am also one of the smartest people to give relationship advice and life advice. AMA YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED

quote:

I sweet talk to women on Tinder and Meet Me and play the role of "nice guy" only for them to come over and get hosed. then I delete them from the app and I lie to them that I deleted the whole app. I also lie about where I live (read the whole post to understand what I mean)

I sweet talk to these women and lie to them to build a connection with them. for instance say they like Maroon 5. I will play along and look up their discography and name all these random songs to make it seem like i am a fan too. I will sweet talk to them to the point where the are ready to meet me. Once they come over I almost always end up sleeping with them and then deleting them off the app right away and lying to them that I deleted the app. I also lie and tell them that "oh btw this apartment is not actually mine, it's my friends whos on a business trip for the weekend and won't be back till monday" I say this just in case they are psycho and think they would stalk me later. Also, I didn't really regret this till..... now lol

quote:

My height is the main reason why girls don't find me attractive and don't want to date me. This is taking a TOLL on me. Why are women so shallow? please give me advise to make me feel better cause I am extremely sad

I am barely 5'6. I tell people I am 5'6 with shoes on but barefoot I am 5'5. I work out and have some what of a body, but that doesn't help when every girl wants men that are at least 5'9-5'10. I have slept with girls that have been 5 ft tall and they are usually the ones that make me feel terrible about my height. it's crazy because the short girls are the ones that always make my height an issue. It's taking a toll on me because girls have straight up said it to my face that my short stature is what makes me unattractive to them. I just can't believe height is such a big deal here in America and even Canada. I will be honest, yes I have slept with 16 girls, yes I have had some girls that literally don't care about my height. I had a gf last year who was 5'9. BUT, MAJORITY of girls won't give me the time of day simply because of my height and it breaks my heart. Sex has not been an issue for me, DATING HAS. these girls are embarrassed to be seen with me in public cause I am short and hence I feel bad about myself

WHY IS IT OKAY FOR WOMEN TO MAKE FUN OF MEN'S HEIGHT, something we have 0 control over, BUT IT'S A SIN TO MAKE FUN OF A WOMEN'S WEIGHT, something they fix? please give me some positive feed back

Edit: https://imgur.com/a/BP5hnrK

SEE SHE KNOWS IM SHORT :((

quote:

Making fun of a man's height is WAY WORSE than making fun of a girl's weight. WAY worse. you shallow women need to go to hell!

it's so ironic that a 5'2 white blonde that looks like two whales put together has the audacity to demand for their man to be at least 6 ft tall. uh no honey, eat your loving salad and drink that 4 liters of water like you are supposed to and sit and ponder upon why your 28 and single and most guys just drop their load on you and never hit you up again, you shallow oval office. I am tired of the same insecure women that are insecure about their weight and height have the audacity to bully short men :(

:ironicat:

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

quote:

TIFU by ripping my foreskin apart with a ceiling fan
Snsfw
Mandatory not today but 20 years ago.

I am 16 and horny. We didnt yet have the internet and this was still the days of searching nearby woods for scattered magazines held together by many long rains. It was also the days of waiting for your mom to go to the grocery store and using your free time to try to find literally anything new in the house to have sex with. This was one of those days.

My mom left for the grocery store and I had an idea: duct tape a toilet paper roll filled with wet toilet paper to my penis. Make sure it's really tight. Then, create a rope from duct tape and wrap it around the blade of the ceiling fan. Sit on one side of the ceiling fan and as the blades spin, it will pull and release the tube. Brilliant.

All starts well as I sit on a desk chair below the fan. A bit slow, but working so I turn it up. I start to notice that since there is no swivel, the duct tape is twisting and shortening. Its pulling violently on my pubes and skin. I cant get the loving thing off. gently caress. I stand up to buy myself time. Shut off the fan: pull the string and wait. Oh gently caress - still going. I'm on my tippy toes and my pubes are ripping. I pull the string and the fan begins to slow, but it's still twisting. I slam my hand into the fan to stop it. The fan breaks out of the ceiling, but I'm free.

As I unpackage my pleasure tube, I find I'd ripped a fist full of pubes out. My foreskin was twisted like an Indian sunburn, checkered with blood and tears and the head of my penis is a ghostly grey.

It took 24 hours for the penis head to turn from mayonnaise to plum. My penis basically moulted over the next 3 weeks growing a new layer of penis over the old penis. I still have a long white scar down the shaft that has no feeling.

Good times.

Tl;dr: duct taped my penis to a ceiling fan and ripped my pubes and foreskin apart.

Edit: changed some words.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
what the gently caress

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
:allbuttons:

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

I am laughing so hard at "growing a new layer of penis over the old penis"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I mentioned this about the Evangelion homework story, but I always find myself wondering if these stories are fake because of the sheer implausibility of someone being this creative with a fake story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mungtor
May 3, 2005

Yeah, I hate me too.
Nap Ghost

Power Khan posted:

Hear, hear the balad of Crotchdestroyer the Unready
He (19m) flew 1200 miles to destroy my (21f) crotch and possibly any chances at a future relationship.
"I was amazing babe, until next time"

This has been the best derail in a long time because it's so obviously just the micro-penis guy trying to be "guys with big dicks are terrible in bed and don't care about anybody but themselves". Holy poo poo... the only thing missing was "and I left him for a 1.5-incher and I've never been happier".