Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008
Hydra update broke some stuff including the auto update. Hold off on updating till it gets sorted out.
Also is Oznzb messed up for anyone else? I can hit the website but acting funky, hydra doesn't even see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Greatest Living Man posted:

Yeah I have gotten a couple of those for new releases. Using geek & cat. Not really an issue so far since it's not getting executed. If it did, it's in a FreeBSD jail. Mostly just a minor annoyance.

I got 5 of 'em last night. I told NZBGet to delete any .lnk files and blacklisted a few of the "groups" on Radarr. Hopefully that might clean it up a bit since I'm stuck on Windows.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

They seem to be coming out at under 2gb for 1080s still, so I’ve set my sliders to skip them and been ok since. I’ll just manually grab any 1080 that comes in under that size (maybe h265, animated? Otherwise would probably look like hell anyway).

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
What kind of extensions should i add to my download blacklist? SabNZB only came with .exe and .com blacklisted so i added .lnk after catching up on the thread.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

Dongattack posted:

What kind of extensions should i add to my download blacklist? SabNZB only came with .exe and .com blacklisted so i added .lnk after catching up on the thread.

.bat, .dll, .py, .java, .jar...

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Irritated Goat posted:

I got 5 of 'em last night. I told NZBGet to delete any .lnk files and blacklisted a few of the "groups" on Radarr. Hopefully that might clean it up a bit since I'm stuck on Windows.

lol I saw a couple last night for the first time too. The funniest part was that the file size is bloated by text that literally says XXXFILLERXXX or something along those lines.

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
I've had a few tv episodes recently where the audio track includes audio descriptions, with no other track to select.
I've never noticed this before, is it just a coincidence I've had a few over a couple weeks, or is there something I need to filter out? Though I can't spot anything obvious in the nzb name that suggests they're supposed to be this way.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
So it's the descriptive audio track only and not the real one? Haven't sent that yet.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I've had it once or twice, but believed it to be an error by the encoder.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
It happened to me recently with a recent episode of Modern Family, and the narrative track made it 100% funnier.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008
Anyone have oznzb and hydra2? For some reason it wont work but seems to test fine in radarr or sonarr.
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure
when trying to add it.

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

ClassH posted:

Anyone have oznzb and hydra2? For some reason it wont work but seems to test fine in radarr or sonarr.
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure
when trying to add it.

hydra2 recently had an update in which it broke SSL (not familiar with the details of the issue). The developer said that the latest update fixes all the troubles, but it could be that you may have to update manually.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
okay, it appears that instead of downloading files from usenet, Sonarr is grabbing unrelated video files from my NAS, renaming them to shows on my season pass, and moving them to the new show's folder. Is this a known issue? I assume something about my configuration is wrong, but I don't know what.

it seems to always grab the first episode of episode of a different show's season, if that helps narrow it down

TenementFunster fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 18, 2019

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

TenementFunster posted:

okay, it appears that instead of downloading files from usenet, Sonarr is grabbing unrelated video files from my NAS, renaming them to shows on my season pass, and moving them to the new show's folder. Is this a known issue? I assume something about my configuration is wrong, but I don't know what.

it seems to always grab the first episode of episode of a different show's season, if that helps narrow it down

You set up the config wrong, never have anything download to places where you keep media files on, be sure to disable the drone folder, and when in doubt, check the logs to see what logic is firing to cause it.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
If I start downloading a bunch of files in Sonarr and I'm trying to do manual searches, after a few things get queued up, the manual search starts saying 'No results found' even though I know there are results (usually it's after E01 fails and I go back to try another).

I feel like the system is being overloaded. I use NZBHydra at the IP address below and here's a Warning I see in the Sonarr logs:

nzbhydra server is currently unavailable. http://192.168.1.4:5075/api?t=tvsearch&cat=5030,5040&extended=1&apikey=(removed)&offset=0&limit=100 The operation has timed out.: 'http://192.168.1.4:5075/api?t=tvsearch&cat=5030,5040&extended=1&apikey=(removed)&offset=0&limit=100'

I can still browse around Hydra though.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

KingKapalone posted:

If I start downloading a bunch of files in Sonarr and I'm trying to do manual searches, after a few things get queued up, the manual search starts saying 'No results found' even though I know there are results (usually it's after E01 fails and I go back to try another).

I feel like the system is being overloaded. I use NZBHydra at the IP address below and here's a Warning I see in the Sonarr logs:

nzbhydra server is currently unavailable. http://192.168.1.4:5075/api?t=tvsearch&cat=5030,5040&extended=1&apikey=(removed)&offset=0&limit=100 The operation has timed out.: 'http://192.168.1.4:5075/api?t=tvsearch&cat=5030,5040&extended=1&apikey=(removed)&offset=0&limit=100'

I can still browse around Hydra though.

Hydra does that sometimes with sonarr/radarr, where it takes too long to get a result from that one super slow indexer and ends up causing issues. Poke around with your Hydra setup and it should clear itself up after some profanity leveled at it.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Volguus posted:

hydra2 recently had an update in which it broke SSL (not familiar with the details of the issue). The developer said that the latest update fixes all the troubles, but it could be that you may have to update manually.

Yea I updated, deleted the indexer and remade it and still having the problem. Very strange. Not a huge deal but they did have audiobooks nobody else did for some reason.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
Are there indexers for southeast Asian content? Like... who would have Masterchef Thailand?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Greatest Living Man posted:

Are there indexers for southeast Asian content? Like... who would have Masterchef Thailand?

I don't think anyone has that.

https://binsearch.info/?q=Masterchef+Thailand&max=100&adv_age=&server=2

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I checked an Asian-specific tracker, and there is no uploads for anything 'Masterchef' at all I'm afraid.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Weirdly, youtube does:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeoK1GKIpmI

Though possibly only some/old episodes.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
i'm in a weird dimension

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

You set up the config wrong, never have anything download to places where you keep media files on, be sure to disable the drone folder, and when in doubt, check the logs to see what logic is firing to cause it.
so best practice for sonarr is to have files download to a general directory, then sort them manually from there? doesn't that defeat the main point of sonarr?

also where/what is the drone folder? google isn't helping.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

TenementFunster posted:

so best practice for sonarr is to have files download to a general directory, then sort them manually from there? doesn't that defeat the main point of sonarr?

In my opinion it's best to have a download folder but allow Sonarr to create symbolic links in your media folder. Depends on the OS you're working with.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

TenementFunster posted:

No, the downloader (SAB, nzbget, etc.) downloads to a general directory, then the library manager (Sonarr, Radarr, etc.) which is monitoring the downloader sees that the download is complete, grabs the file out of that generic directory, and sorts/renames it in to the final location.

In my setup for example my downloader (currently nzbget) saves to /mnt/media/Unsorted/<category>/<post title>/

Sonarr and Radarr then take the files from there and put them in /mnt/media/Videos/TV Shows/<name>/ or /mnt/media/Videos/Movies/<name>/ as appropriate.

quote:

Drone folder is a legacy feature from before the library manager had full integration with the downloaders, you'd point it at your "Unsorted" folder and it'd check the folder for new content every X minutes. It's only there to support upgrades from old installs and stubborn people who insist on using random-rear end downloaders. Don't use this anymore.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

wolrah posted:

In my setup for example my downloader (currently nzbget) saves to /mnt/media/Unsorted/<category>/<post title>/

Sonarr and Radarr then take the files from there and put them in /mnt/media/Videos/TV Shows/<name>/ or /mnt/media/Videos/Movies/<name>/ as appropriate.

This. NZBget shoves them in F:\NZBs\Complete when they're done downloading, and Radarr/Sonarr move them from there to the properly named folders on the NAS. Never point your downloader someplace that the media managers actively sort, it confuses the poo poo out of them.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

wolrah posted:

No, the downloader (SAB, nzbget, etc.) downloads to a general directory, then the library manager (Sonarr, Radarr, etc.) which is monitoring the downloader sees that the download is complete, grabs the file out of that generic directory, and sorts/renames it in to the final location.

Drone folder is a legacy feature from before the library manager had full integration with the downloaders, you'd point it at your "Unsorted" folder and it'd check the folder for new content every X minutes. It's only there to support upgrades from old installs and stubborn people who insist on using random-rear end downloaders. Don't use this anymore.

I really should figure out why I have one set up still. I'm using Deluge and NZBGet so I shouldn't need one but I do have it set anyway.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.
Is there a reason why Radarr would be downloading movies that aren't monitored? I've marked my entire library as not-monitored, which I thought would keep things from being "upgraded", but every two or three days I see something upgraded.

bred
Oct 24, 2008
Might be a quality issue. Check the cutoff unmet section on your wanted page. You can adjust your cutoff in your quality profiles.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

Huh, I thought "not monitored" meant that it wouldn't upgrade them. Now I'm confused about what monitoring even means.

bred
Oct 24, 2008
Ya I'm not sure either but cut off unmet was causing something similar for me in sonarr. Did you have anything on the list? You can also check the logs for info.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Unmonitoring something should override the cutoff unmet though.

Just double checking the film *is* definitively unmonitored? The white/black switch they use isn’t always the most obvious one to call.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

Yes, definitely unmonitored. I have basically my entire library unmonitored at this point to avoid pointless upgrades, but I double checked the last two movies that have done this just to be sure.

Perhaps related or completely unrelated, but my logs are full of this error for various titles:

Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Radarr: [Some directory that I used to use, but have since deleted and moved everything]

Perhaps I should just flatten and reinstall Radarr..

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Edit: wrong thread

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
DOGnzb is loving nothing but trouble for me and almost never works in Sonarr/Radarr.

As far as i can tell everything is set up correctly, i have grabbed my API key from my profile, the url is the same as the one they list on the profile (https://api.dognzb.cr) and even tho i don't think it's relevant the categories set are 5030,5040 which is what Sonarr defaulted to. But testing always fails.

Is there some kinda extra step i'm missing here or something to make it work?

Edit: Actually it apparently works, the testing just says that it fails, but it still shows up in searches. Okay, related question then, anyone know what the category number for anime on DOG is or how to figure that out? It's apparently not 5070 cause Sonarr searches can't find stuff that i can see they have manually on the website.

Edit2: never loving mind lol, in normal SA fashion i dont post for months until i have some giant convoluted problem and then i solve everything within 5 minutes of posting about it and look like a huge dumbass. e-everyone having a nice weekend then??

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 17, 2019

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Dongattack posted:

Edit2: never loving mind lol, in normal SA fashion i dont post for months until i have some giant convoluted problem and then i solve everything within 5 minutes of posting about it and look like a huge dumbass. e-everyone having a nice weekend then??

Rubber duck debugging. The act of describing the problem helps you better understand it. It's a really helpful strategy overall. You have no idea how many times I've been in the middle of a detailed post about an issue that's stumping me and I figure it out.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

wolrah posted:

Rubber duck debugging. The act of describing the problem helps you better understand it. It's a really helpful strategy overall. You have no idea how many times I've been in the middle of a detailed post about an issue that's stumping me and I figure it out.

Glad to hear other people do it too, hehe.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Since uploads in Usenet get obfuscated and repackaged, there's no way to check the integrity of something since SFV files don't work, right?

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Incessant Excess posted:

Since uploads in Usenet get obfuscated and repackaged, there's no way to check the integrity of something since SFV files don't work, right?
If it passes PAR checks it's as-uploaded. Some of the PAR tools will try to match up files based on hashes if filenames are changed, not sure how this plays for SFV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
http://www.nzbs.org/forumpost/13127

quote:

The time has come to close this site. Due to recent life changes I unfortunately no longer have the time or resources to keep NZBs(dot)ORG running. Since I don't want to see this site decline any further I've decided that the time has finally come to retire it.

The site will close on April 17th which will hopefully give you enough time to find another nzb source if you don't have one already. Feel free to recommend alternate sites here if you want for people that need a new home.

It feels like this site was started a lifetime ago, and for those of you that have been here since the beginning you probably feel the same. Over the past 12 years we've seen many changes to the usenet culture with lots ups and downs along the way. It was a fun ride to say the least, thank you for taking it with me.

Bummer, .org had been my primary source since the death of Newzbin.