Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I thought that using X and A was kind of clever, since it gives you both layout "styles" at the same time without having to actually rebind anything.
XA is the same, and in some cases better (since it allows you to distance your thumb from the right stick). There's absolutely no reason to complain about it unless you're some hosed up weirdo who overreacts to everything. There's 100% chance the dude didn't actually know about using X as B when he made the initial post and is just doubling down on it so that he doesn't look like a complete idiot (that's going well).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

get that OUT of my face posted:

Gripweed, you forgot Octopath Traveler.

a.lo posted:

You can also play Fire Emblem Warriors

I'm gonna have to make a second list

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

GreatGreen posted:

Oh cool, ad hominem insults.

Thanks for letting me know I won the discussion.

Hold it right there, motherfucker.

I win. I just loving won. It's incomprehensible how much I have just won.

Please never speak in the presence of me, a proven winner, ever again.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

a.lo posted:

You can also play Fire Emblem Warriors
You could, but you're better off playing Hyrule Warriors.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Gripweed posted:

I'm gonna have to make a second list

There is just too many to count

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Literally unplayable. Now Nintendo is dead as poo poo. What were they thinking?

Oh look, a mistake made in the past. That definitely means the same mistake made now is just fine!

The dog bone controller was also awful. And I'm not saying this does or ever did have any bearing on Nintendo's viability. Plenty of fools were around back then to spend money on that too.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

When the gently caress is ARMS Warriors?

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Butterfly Valley posted:

Do the other console threads also get people coming in with equally inane questions

I don't know

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Does anyone know any bad games for the Switch? I really want to play some bad video games because I'm a terrible human being and I deserve no happiness in my miserable life.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Mega64 posted:

Does anyone know any bad games for the Switch? I really want to play some bad video games because I'm a terrible human being and I deserve no happiness in my miserable life.

Breath of the Wild :smug:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Mega64 posted:

There are bad games on the Switch too.

Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy
Night Trap

and that's it

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

a.lo posted:

Gget the gently caress out

Dang, this feels hostile

I'm not trying to be an rear end in a top hat I just have a Switch with BotW and am trying to figure out if I'm gonna play out the DLC or give it to my nerdy nephew

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Glad Reggie's patsy rear end is gone

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’m glad bowser killed Reggie and hid his corpse in another castle.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

syscall girl posted:

Dang, this feels hostile

I'm not trying to be an rear end in a top hat I just have a Switch with BotW and am trying to figure out if I'm gonna play out the DLC or give it to my nerdy nephew

dlc1 (the trials) sucked imo; the combat is not the game's strong suit

dlc2 (the champion's ballad) was pretty great though I didn't actually finish it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Butterfly Valley posted:

Do the other console threads also get people coming in with equally inane questions

Do not venture into the Xbox thread if this annoys you

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

syscall girl posted:

I got a Switch back in November and so far all I have is BotW and Bayonetta

I finished BotW and then bought the DLC but I'm wondering is there a good game I'm missing before I give the thing to my nephew?

What kind of games do you like?

The Switch has a really strong catalog right now. Are you into RPGs? Platformers? Strategy? Action? There are also a ton of indie games available for it as well as plenty of AAA stuff.

Just to throw something out there, if you don't have Mario Odyssey I'd definitely recommend that one. It's a top 5 Switch game I think. Also, Mario Kart 8 is really good. There's not a ton of content though. I mean, there is and there isn't. You can see 90% of the content the game has to offer in a couple of hours, but it's a racing game so you can always get better and I'm sure there are plenty of people who have happily put in dozens or hundreds of hours into it, etc.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Feb 22, 2019

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

syscall girl posted:

Dang, this feels hostile

I hope the list I posted is helpful to you.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Barudak posted:

Do not venture into the Xbox thread if this annoys you

The Xbox thread is the other way around actually. People come in asking reasonable questions and are run off by the regulars telling them to throw their console in the trash.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Everyone with a Switch should own a copy of Happy Birthdays

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Also the Xbox thread is like super dead.

It got some posts these past few days but it’s a very slow moving thread.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

American McGay posted:

The Xbox thread is the other way around actually. People come in asking reasonable questions and are run off by the regulars telling them to throw their console in the trash.

As opposed to this thread where we tell people to put their console in the oven.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Mega64 posted:

As opposed to this thread where we tell people to put their console in the oven.

Or... bite it? Was that the other one?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
It’s pretty crazy to think that Reggie’s tenure oversaw the two greatest console launches of all time and one of the worst console and marketing flops in the history of video games. Oh and that’s without mentioning the DS or 3DS.

I know Reggie’s not really responsible for that stuff, but hey, what a wild tenure he had. Talk about feast or famine.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Don't forget stripping off the matte finish of the screen.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Mega64 posted:

As opposed to this thread where we tell people to put their console in the oven. their mouths.

Fixed.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

Or... bite it? Was that the other one?
We do tell people to bite it, yes, but we're trying to be better about it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Don’t forget licking the carts to see if they are legit.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I think it was something putting their Switch in the oven and then telling the thread about it, rather than the other way around. I've seen many kitchen appliances and even a small TV lost to ovens.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

I think it was something putting their Switch in the oven and then telling the thread about it, rather than the other way around. I've seen many kitchen appliances and even a small TV lost to ovens.

I don’t think so, I think people were just loving with the “stripped off the matte finish” guy.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Don’t you DARE use any logical fallacies in this Video Game Debate.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Ariong posted:

Don’t you DARE use any logical fallacies in this Video Game Debate.
Sir you have attempted an invalid Mariodus ponens

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Macaluso posted:

Breath of the Wild :smug:

I'm triggered

As a WiiU BOTW owner who wants to buy it for Switch, I

am triggered

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i'll logical... fallacy... yer mum

yeah

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Mega64 posted:

Any of the LEGO games.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

American McGay posted:

tbf that's where xboxes belong

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Relevant Tangent posted:

tbf that's where xboxes belong

Give one to me instead. Just one.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Relevant Tangent posted:

Any of the LEGO games.

ugghh the Switch port of LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 runs so bad, I'm still angry about buying it on sale last year :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Crossposting because gently caress it:

Seriously the end of an era; once Miyamoto and Kondo leave the Nintendo that dominated my childhood are going to be gone. drat.