Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

The guy replacing him's name is Bowser?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

punk rebel ecks posted:

The guy replacing him's name is Bowser?

Yes. Doug Bowser.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
I can't believe someone named Doug is going to run Nintendo.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Mega64 posted:

When the gently caress is ARMS Warriors?

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/one-piece-pirate-warriors-3-deluxe-edition-switch

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

creationist believer posted:

I can't believe someone that worked for EA is going to run Nintendo.

:rip:

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
This is almost as bad as when Blizzard put Tim Deathwing in charge, and next week he fired 800 people.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
His full name is Captain Douglas Jay Bowser

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I'm kind of bummed that they're replacing Reggie, a person of color, with another white guy. I mean I understand that he is likely the right guy for the job and all but still. :(

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'm kind of bummed that they're replacing Reggie, a person of color, with another white guy. I mean I understand that he is likely the right guy for the job and all but still. :(

I think Doug Bowser will actually be the first white guy to hold the position.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

punk rebel ecks posted:

lmfao

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I’m pretty sure his skin is green underneath the scales.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

I think Doug Bowser will actually be the first white guy to hold the position.

I guess but still...

Ariong posted:

I’m pretty sure his skin is green underneath the scales.

:thunk:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Trials beta is really good, too bad it won't be f2p, I'd play it all the time.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Why exactly is Reggie so beloved? I thought he was just a suit.

I could understand attachment to Miyamoto or Iwata seeing as they were designers or Kondo as the composer, but what have executives ever done for us?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I could understand attachment to Miyamoto or Iwata seeing as they were designers or Kondo as the composer, but what have executives ever done for us?

Memes.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Reggie's been one of the most visible Nintendo people in E3 presentations and Directs over the years, so people associate him a lot with the announcements of new consoles and titles.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

He's a likable dude.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

He's just one of the few execs that doesn't come across as a lizard person.

Most of Nintendo's pretty good on that front. Sony also has Shu and Jack Tretton was mostly alright.

And that's literally it for the industry.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
I like seemingly friendly corporation man

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Reggie decided to crash an orientation I was in at NoA one time. He took up most of our time talking about how he playtested Goldeneye and had competitions with the other testers. The dude is great. Nintendo execs not being mindless suits is a good thing for this industry.

punk rebel ecks posted:

also lol

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
pictured: doug "koopa" bowser declaring himself president of nintendo of america after turning previous president reggie fils-aime into a mindless goomba (2019, colorized)

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I really dig Hollow Knight. I’ve got the dash and I’m exploring Greenpath and some mushroom place. But part of me gets anxious that I don’t really know where I should be going. Am I missing some direction or should so just try to complete the maps and get into uncharted areas?

Also I really like how the boss battles make me work and not be lazy. It’s really special defeating them.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

hadji murad posted:

I really dig Hollow Knight. I’ve got the dash and I’m exploring Greenpath and some mushroom place. But part of me gets anxious that I don’t really know where I should be going. Am I missing some direction or should so just try to complete the maps and get into uncharted areas?

Also I really like how the boss battles make me work and not be lazy. It’s really special defeating them.

Go where you can, if you can get there you are supposed to be there

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Hollow Knight is very open, there’s not really a critical path. Greenpath and Fungal Wastes is generally where you want to be after Crossroads.

Hi. Im Leeroy
Oct 8, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I am glad he is gone! His name reminds me of someone who likes to grope young girls in school uniforms.

punk rebel ecks posted:

ffs

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Doug had a Super Pretendo long before Reggie won a gamecube from whatever. Like a Pizza hut promotion. Alright

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

tinkerballz posted:

I am glad he is gone! His name reminds me of someone who likes to grope young girls in school uniforms.

Reggie feels Amy?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Reggie feels Amy?

Only if you seek amy

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Reggie Fils-Aime more like Reggie Flees Away (from his job (because he is retiring (which requires leaving)))

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Reggie's whole thing is basically being ridiculously charismatic and generally presenting things people like.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

punk rebel ecks posted:

I understand, old bean.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Steve2911 posted:

He's just one of the few execs that doesn't come across as a lizard person.

Most of Nintendo's pretty good on that front. Sony also has Shu and Jack Tretton was mostly alright.

And that's literally it for the industry.

I thought people liked the current Xbox guy a lot? I've never been an Xbox owner so that's all I've got "Xbox guy"

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Reggie is basically like The Rock except for video game corporate executives.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

enojy posted:

I thought people liked the current Xbox guy a lot? I've never been an Xbox owner so that's all I've got "Xbox guy"

Yeah, Phil Spencer seems a lot better than your average video game exec, but also he hasn't been able to fix Microsoft's game dev problems or unfuck my Xbox One's interface yet, so everyone should continue holding off on the funny Spencer memes.

Hi. Im Leeroy
Oct 8, 2008

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Reggie feels Amy?

I always read Aime as Anime, but close enough.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
xbox coming to swithc

https://twitter.com/DirectFeedGames/status/1098692698582724609

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Still confused by this whole thing. Does this mean I'll be able to play Xbox games on my Switch, or remote play my Xbone via my Switch?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It means Master Chief is a Nintendo character now, and Cortana is the newest Nintendo Princess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

BisterdDave posted:

Still confused by this whole thing. Does this mean I'll be able to play Xbox games on my Switch, or remote play my Xbone via my Switch?

Most likely it means some form of gamepass, powered by cloud, will come to switch alongside possibly smaller games like Ori and Cuphead getting native switch versions that you can play offline (still need gamepass)