Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

If that actually happened and he actually said that paragraph, then the has been preparing this for a while. Just building up his nuke and waiting until he feels it's justifiable to drop it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

sneakyfrog posted:

lol chaos dunk is so appropriate for that what would pete do moment

I went back and took a look at the Pete comments on reddit. The reply to the first response is like a full essay about how hosed the op was. I want to be like pete.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

If that actually happened and he actually said that paragraph, then the has been preparing this for a while. Just building up his nuke and waiting until he feels it's justifiable to drop it.

If your significant others family has been harrassing you and intervening in your relationship this long with your partner doing nothing of course you realize that treaties dont work and the only deterent is to develop your own deterrent. The parents mistake was thinking he didnt have launch capabilities.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Barudak posted:

If your significant others family has been harrassing you and intervening in your relationship this long with your partner doing nothing of course you realize that treaties dont work and the only deterent is to develop your own deterrent. The parents mistake was thinking he didnt have launch capabilities.

Oh I wasn't saying it was a bad thing, he was absolutely correct in building a defensive armament after withstanding such a long and relentless siege.

Switchback
Jul 23, 2001

quote:

CEO, who has asked me about tension in the department. I said that we were just a little stressed with our busy period and were working through some things, hoping that Kelly would be able to read our body language better as we all got to know each other more, but instead the situation is worsening.

Huh so he lied to the CEO who asked about a problem point-blank and yet, surprisingly, the problem hasn’t magically erased itself even though he haven’t addressed it with anybody who could actually fix the problem.

iustorum_anime
Apr 4, 2016

I've(M25) have been dating my ex-girlfriend's(25F) Dad(45M) for 2 years. He's planning on telling her when she comes for her visit.

quote:

Yes by the title suggests, I've been dating my ex girlfriend's dad. Please here me out first.

My ex and I dated when we were seniors in high school and broke up when we were sophomores in college. The reason we broke up this because she was cheating on me with the guy to whom she's now married to. After we had graduated, we all went our separate ways. I moved back home, found a job (I'm a chemical engineer ), moved out of my parents place. I went on living my life.

Her dad and I always got along. We just clicked. I ran into him at the gym and we got to talking. He opened up and said that he was divorcing his wife (ex's stepmother) and how he wants to re-invent himself. I'm confident in myself when I say that he is a very attractive man. 6'5, tanned, built, successful (corporate attorney), sweet, and has a very charismatic personality. It was no wonder that women were fawning after him.

We started getting closer. I mean we were hanging out almost everyday. I did not think anything of it at the time. His divorce was finalized the following year.

The turning point our relationship is we wound up getting drunk on my 23rd birthday and we ended up making out. Was it morally wrong? Possibly, but it sure felt right. We've been together ever since. I've never been with another man before and I don't regret it. The way I feel about him is on a whole another level. I actually am IN LOVE with him. He feels the same about me. There is a chance this might end up turning into something long-term(i.e marriage). He rocks my world (both literally and figuratively. Sorry TMI). He'll send me texts like "I know I just saw you this morning but I'm missing you like crazy" and he'll send flowers to my place of employment. My boss thinks it's the cutest.

I did not get with him to spite my ex. I'm not that type of person. We broke up 4 years prior and we didn't get together until his divorce was finalized. We live in California and his daughter(my ex) moved to Arizona with her husband. Due to geographical limitations, she doesn't know. Plus we wanted to make sure that things were serious between us before we told anyone. My parents were a little apprehensive at first but now they've come to love him. All my friend's thinks he's great. He's told his parents first and all they said was "If you're happy, then we're happy". They really are great people and have accepted us with open arms. His friends have said that they've never seen him this happy before (My parents said the same thing about me).

He's acknowledged that she might not take it well but at the end of the day he's entitled to be with whomever he wants and live a content life with someone he loves. She's married and off living her own life, so why can't he?

A part of me does feel bad knowing what he's willing to go through with his daughter to be with me. I can't control how his daughter will take the news. All I can do be be there for him.

If past behaviors are indicative of future action, then she will probably throw a fit (I wouldn't blame her though. Her ex boyfriend is now dating her dad) but maybe she's matured and we can get through this as mature adults. Even if marriage is in my future, I'm not marrying her. I'm marrying my partner. She and her husband are going to be here in a few hours and they're not leaving until Wednesday. I'm going to make myself scarce for a while, so he can talk to her. My nerves are on fire right now. He's been keeping me calm and trying to assure me that everything will be fine. I'm more nervous than he his tbh

TLDR: Ex and I broke up because she cheated on me. 6 years later, I'm dating her dad and she still doesn't know. He's planning on telling her when she visits. I don't know how she'll take it

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

chemtrail huffer posted:

I've(M25) have been dating my ex-girlfriend's(25F) Dad(45M) for 2 years. He's planning on telling her when she comes for her visit.

holy gently caress

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
dad gay, so what

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

chemtrail huffer posted:

2019 has taken the "if your girl cheats on you, have sex with her friends" idea to the next level.

If she cheats on you, gently caress her dad.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im sorry Im stuck at the ages. All the rest of that story is just lost for me on a sea of the dude you are dating is literally amost twice as old as you and the two of you arent elves.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

chemtrail huffer posted:

Ex and I broke up because she cheated on me. 6 years later, I'm dating her dad
Speaking of nuclear options...

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Barudak posted:

Im sorry Im stuck at the ages. All the rest of that story is just lost for me on a sea of the dude you are dating is literally amost twice as old as you and the two of you arent elves.

no but they're gay which is fairly close

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Barudak posted:

the two of you arent elves.

I (M5847) love my girlfriend (F2436) of 284 years but I'm worried about the age gap. Are we just at a point where we're just at different stages in our (eternal) lives?

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
"We've been dating since the 2nd age, but lately over the last 2 centuries, things aren't the same."

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

We are about to sail back to valinor, but she doesn't know I had a fling with her sister before we left with faenor. What do?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

SirSamVimes posted:

Dating Marine Todd would probably be pretty insufferable in practice imho

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

chemtrail huffer posted:

:stare:

CheesyDog posted:

dad gay, so what

Beaten, lol.

I'm eagerly wanting an update on this one, holy gently caress.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
"My wife left her mirror unlocked, and i snooped (i know, wrong). Turns out she's sexting with one of the Istari and sent him visions of her "golden locks" between her legs. She told him that she can't wait for his "strong and gnarled" staff and hopes he's dropping by soon."

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fatkraken posted:

I (M5847) love my girlfriend (F2436) of 284 years but I'm worried about the age gap. Are we just at a point where we're just at different stages in our (eternal) lives?

Does the "half your age plus 7 years" rule still apply for elves?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

CheesyDog posted:

[SERIOUS] I (26m) can't handle being a single parent. Should I give my daughter (3f) up for adoption?

Edit: Thank you for all the comments and replies. I am so grateful for all the support. The advice you have provided is amazing.

It really looks like OP is only considering this for financial reasons.

I'm in debt because of I can't afford to provide the basic necessities for my daughter. I live off paychecks and take cash in hand jobs. I skip meals. I don't regret any of it. I would take a bullet for her. This is a really hurtful comment. I just want her to have a better childhood than I did.

Why doesn't he just have these dudes Venmo him?

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My (20sf) and my friend (20sm) legitimately thinks he's dating Ariana Grande, and I have no clue what to do.

Let me preface this by saying that everything I'm going to say sounds like one big joke and he's loving with me, so just trust me when I say these ridiculous things - that I know he's being serious and delusional.

So, this guy I know, who I thought just really liked Ariana Grande is giving me signs he's delusional and obsessed. What started off as "I love her music!" and "She's so pretty!" has quickly turned into "See this tweet? This is about me." and at first I thought he was joking, but things just didn't seem right so when he brought up one of these "tweets about him" I decided to say "haha yeah..but you know it's not." when he went and had a FULL BLOWN MELTDOWN saying I was just jealous and I don't know what I'm talking about etc. And now I'm thinking he's serious when he says he's really gonna marry her.

Like, this guys definitely got a few screws loose you guys I'm telling you. Other than this one weird obsession though he's a completely normal dude.

TLDR: Dude seems unhealthily obsessed with Ariana Grande. Is it worth saying anything to him, since I guess it's not hurting anyone other than him being a weirdo and I suppose lying about things she does being about him, or no?

Pete Davidson has gone off the loving deep end.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My (20sf) and my friend (20sm) legitimately thinks he's dating Ariana Grande, and I have no clue what to do.

Let me preface this by saying that everything I'm going to say sounds like one big joke and he's loving with me, so just trust me when I say these ridiculous things - that I know he's being serious and delusional.

So, this guy I know, who I thought just really liked Ariana Grande is giving me signs he's delusional and obsessed. What started off as "I love her music!" and "She's so pretty!" has quickly turned into "See this tweet? This is about me." and at first I thought he was joking, but things just didn't seem right so when he brought up one of these "tweets about him" I decided to say "haha yeah..but you know it's not." when he went and had a FULL BLOWN MELTDOWN saying I was just jealous and I don't know what I'm talking about etc. And now I'm thinking he's serious when he says he's really gonna marry her.

Like, this guys definitely got a few screws loose you guys I'm telling you. Other than this one weird obsession though he's a completely normal dude.

TLDR: Dude seems unhealthily obsessed with Ariana Grande. Is it worth saying anything to him, since I guess it's not hurting anyone other than him being a weirdo and I suppose lying about things she does being about him, or no?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZFRfj3ScoA

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I [6487M] am worried my young daughter [2700F] may be falling for a human noble who fills her head with fantasies of reforging Narsil

Barudak fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Feb 22, 2019

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Reminds me of the Catfish episode where the dude was convinced he was in a relationship with Katy Perry.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
My boyfriends FARTS are killing our relationship
Yes that’s right. Farts. It’s non stop. We’ve been together about a year. Me (23f) and him (35m). He told me he used to hide them, but now that he’s comfortable he lets them rip.

I understand everyone farts. But this is just excessive. And he’s not even trying to compromise with me or give me fair warning or maybe leave the room if he has to. He farts least 5 times an hour. And he thinks it’s funny. I don’t even want to be near him because of it. A few times I have been resting my head on his lap, and he lets one rip. No warning. If we’re cuddling in bed it’s not long before I remove him from me because I’m so disgusted. They are always loud, in the nastiest way. But the smell has been so god awful it’s woken me in my sleep and I’ve had to open a window and leave a room. If I spoon him he lets them rip right on me—again no warning. I can’t even bring myself to want any sexual relationship with him anymore because I’m so grossed out.

Is it just me or is this super disrespectful??

quote:

Doctor said he’s healthy. Likely just diet related. He drink a lot of beer and has beans like every day. I tried to get him to take gas pills to no avail.

quote:

He works in an open factory that smells in the first place—so work is no issue. And yeah like he used to be more courteous in the beginning-of the relationship

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Batterypowered7 posted:

Reminds me of the Catfish episode where the dude was convinced he was in a relationship with Katy Perry.

The best part about that episode is that they have the woman who was catfishing him come right out and admit it and explain exactly how she did it all along, even showing him her phone, and at the end he decides "Yeah, this is all a setup to convince me that I'm not actually in a relationship with Katy Perry"

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

JosephWongKS posted:

Does the "half your age plus 7 years" rule still apply for elves?

Yes, but it's "half your age plus 700 years." If that leaves them older than you, you're too young to date.

chemtrail huffer posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1k9vFSYWGY0

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Power Khan posted:

Drama? Drama.

My [27F] bf [27M] mocked my dead brother to my mother [58F] who has admittedly been cruel to him over the course of our 5 year relationship.
Relationships
My mother has always disliked my boyfriend. She’s very rigid and she doesn’t sugarcoat what she thinks or feels. She doesn’t like that my boyfriend comes from a poor, abusive, fatherless background. She’s always held that he’s not good enough and even though it isn’t his fault he’s not good enough, he’s still not good enough. To be clear, those are her words and her views, not mine.

She’s made this no secret. My father is entirely indifferent to my bf to his face but he feels similarly to my mother.

This has resulted in us keeping our distance. I recently became pregnant and I wanted to tell my parents and younger sisters. Against better judgment, I begged my bf to come along and he did.

This turned into a complete disaster. My sisters all realize how lovely and cruel our parents can be and they are all happy and they also all love my bf. My father rolled his eyes and left, my mother was much more vocal about her disdain for the pregnancy.

She openly said to me that I should have an abortion and that this was stupid and that I’d be allowing my bf to ruin my and my child’s life and that she’s sat by long enough but this was too much. She said some truly truly awful things to and about my bf and he simply sat quietly as I tried to argue with her. When we finally decided to leave she shouted out, “You’re a selfish fool if you think you can be a proper father. You’ve never had one. You’ve never seen what goes into being a good one. You have no point of reference for being a good parent and raising a good son.”

My bf stopped and said our older brother’s name. This was a major hot button for our family. Our older brother was loved by all of us but had mental illness issues and ended up passing away from an oxy overdose about 8 years ago.

When he said his name, after the barrage of abuse hurled his way, we all knew he was aiming to hurt her back. It’s important to note that by this time our younger sisters had left the room and it was now just my parents and me and my bf.

I tried to stop him but he simply said, “Choose me and our child or your parents and do it right now.”

After that he faced my parents and he said:

You raised a son with two educated, attentive parents. You raised him in a good, safe environment, with every advantage a person could ask for. You paid for the best of everything for him and he was found in a puddle of his vomit. I, on the other hand, made it from where I came from to where I am with no help. I’m alive and I’m thriving. Neither of those things can be said for the son you raised.

His words had the desired effect of silencing and wounding my parents, but it also was very hurtful for me. I love and miss my brother dearly. I almost want to tell him he went too far and that he should have left my brother out of it, but then I also understand the constant abuse she hurled at him and how my parents have treated him over the years. After having my mom tear him down so many times, he finally responded. I think anyone would react eventually.

I’m torn.

Tl;dr- in response to constant and incredibly cruel insults thrown at him, my bf used my brother’s overdose as a weapon against my parents. Would I be wrong to tell him his words hurt me too?

-----------------------

I'd say "Lol, owned"
:vince: This guy owns so hard, it's a shame she's a spineless idiot and will choose her abusive as gently caress parents over the father of her child because I bet he'd make an amazing dad.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I [7638F] am worried about the action of my neighbor [2019M] who is cutting down forest near my property. Some of those trees are sentient, should I inform the rest of the Valar?

ENT LAW ENT LAW ENT LAW

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

I [7638F] am worried about the action of my neighbor [2019M] who is cutting down forest near my property. Some of those trees are sentient, should I inform the rest of the Valar?

ENT LAW ENT LAW ENT LAW

More like ENT

LAW

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Yeah the is no way that our ever would have happened in the first place if she had ever stood up to her parents about the way they treat him. And she's upset that his southea are hurtful? Shut the gently caress up like you've always done when it was going the other way!

She should get an abortion and leave him so he can find a woman that will respect him.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Also he didnt mock the brother so much as mocked the parents who likely told the brother to "suck it up and be a man" about his mental illness, given their track record. Given her title she seems already biased against her boyfriend :smith:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Barudak posted:

More like ENT

LAW

I love this place

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Danaru posted:

Also he didnt mock the brother so much as mocked the parents who likely told the brother to "suck it up and be a man" about his mental illness, given their track record. Given her title she seems already biased against her boyfriend :smith:

Yeah, 'mock' seems a little strong. They poo poo-talked this guy his entire relationship and his background/upbringing and he basically countered with 'Your son had a perfect upbringing. You know what happened there.'

I looked at it more as him taking the route of making a point that might get them to shut up and actually pay attention to their own lovely attitudes, for even half a second.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

It has been two days and we've only just finished saying "I was doing you a favor".

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

LadyPictureShow posted:

Yeah, 'mock' seems a little strong. They poo poo-talked this guy his entire relationship and his background/upbringing and he basically countered with 'Your son had a perfect upbringing. You know what happened there.'

I looked at it more as him taking the route of making a point that might get them to shut up and actually pay attention to their own lovely attitudes, for even half a second.

As a person (heck a person of color at that) who comes from a poor, dad-less upbringing and now runs in rich/well-off people circles: the type who judge about these things never will learn, don't want to learn, and think they are god's gift to this earth. I doubt they'll take anything from this but pain--which is ok and good cause gently caress them.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Barudak posted:

More like ENT

LAW

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

CheesyDog posted:

[MO] My wealthy dad died, leaving everything to my older sister - my mom is now destitute.

(self.legaladvice)
submitted 23 hours ago by despicabledad

quote:

This situation is complicated, so please excuse the vague title. Also a few minor details have been fudged to provide some anonymity. TLDR at the bottom. 

What's the purpose of stating that directly? Like why is it even worth mentioning except to give the people involved a greater chance of discovering your post?

Goddamn, redditors are dumb

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

What's the purpose of stating that directly? Like why is it even worth mentioning except to give the people involved a greater chance of discovering your post?
[/quote]

You answered your own question.

Goddamn, redditors are dumb
[/quote]

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Power Khan posted:

My boyfriends FARTS are killing our relationship
Yes that’s right. Farts. It’s non stop. We’ve been together about a year. Me (23f) and him (35m). He told me he used to hide them, but now that he’s comfortable he lets them rip.

I understand everyone farts. But this is just excessive. And he’s not even trying to compromise with me or give me fair warning or maybe leave the room if he has to. He farts least 5 times an hour. And he thinks it’s funny. I don’t even want to be near him because of it. A few times I have been resting my head on his lap, and he lets one rip. No warning. If we’re cuddling in bed it’s not long before I remove him from me because I’m so disgusted. They are always loud, in the nastiest way. But the smell has been so god awful it’s woken me in my sleep and I’ve had to open a window and leave a room. If I spoon him he lets them rip right on me—again no warning. I can’t even bring myself to want any sexual relationship with him anymore because I’m so grossed out.

Is it just me or is this super disrespectful??

Is this that same goon in E/N who wouldn't stop eating cheese? I think he worked in a factory too, all I remember is he was about to get fired because of his farting and he had a "fridge full of rare and expensive cheeses"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Girlfriend of the guy who dunked on the parents seems to have stood up for him in the comments. The comments themselves aren't interesting and don't offer any real new information from what I can find, but she understands why he did it.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Why doesn't he just have these dudes Venmo him?

That would establish records for his employer and for himself. If an employer is paying under the table he's not going to want to use an app. If he's purposely seeking out under the table employment then he won't want a papertrail either.