Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Randler posted:

I probably haven't eaten a Döner in the last 8 or so years. Did they make any revolutionary changes to the formula?

Mit oder mit ohne scharf?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

meanwhile in Columbia they've added a whole new twist to nazi chess

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Randler posted:

I probably haven't eaten a Döner in the last 8 or so years. Did they make any revolutionary changes to the formula?

nah, the traditional one cooked with lots of lamb fat over wood fire is still the best

gemuese kebap is also good, however

still haven't found a good chicken kebap outside of istanbul tho

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
They have a Döner at the station here that claims to be lamb steaks stacked on top of each other instead of the weird Gammelhackfleisch melange everyone has, gotta try that sometime. Same shop sells the Döner neat, too, by the kilo.

edit: live footage from Duzzy's balcony courtesy of the Schadenfreude thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqM_NRLstbM

in Chili news, another pod has double sprouted, another sprout has seemingly withered (it looks like a burnt match), bringing the total Keimrate to 28/28 if you count the seemingly withered one. Two pods aren't showing any Keim at all.

Zwille fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Feb 21, 2019

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Zwille posted:

They have a Döner at the station here that claims to be lamb steaks stacked on top of each other instead of the weird Gammelhackfleisch melange everyone has, gotta try that sometime. Same shop sells the Döner neat, too, by the kilo.

edit: live footage from Duzzy's balcony courtesy of the Schadenfreude thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqM_NRLstbM

in Chili news, another pod has double sprouted, another sprout has seemingly withered (it looks like a burnt match), bringing the total Keimrate to 28/28 if you count the seemingly withered one. Two pods aren't showing any Keim at all.

Happy for you, my goone :)

In a non-related manner, I'm leaving for DAS NIEDERLANDENTUM tomorrow, and since I haven't crossed borders since Q3 2017, I went through the regular routine of checking with my mobile provider which data package I would need to book so I could get like 500mb of surfing funtimes while abroad, and my searching ended up being a completely resultless mess. Even Congstar-Sophie told me everything's chill unless I'm in Switzerland.

So I ended up calling support and they told me that roaming within the EU now means I can use my Handytarif anywhere within the EU just like I'm in Deutschland, and should probably take a chill pill.
I thanked them very much, and then came straight to this thread.

Are you loving kidding me? :stare:

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Happy for you, my goone :)

In a non-related manner, I'm leaving for DAS NIEDERLANDENTUM tomorrow, and since I haven't crossed borders since Q3 2017, I went through the regular routine of checking with my mobile provider which data package I would need to book so I could get like 500mb of surfing funtimes while abroad, and my searching ended up being a completely resultless mess. Even Congstar-Sophie told me everything's chill unless I'm in Switzerland.

So I ended up calling support and they told me that roaming within the EU now means I can use my Handytarif anywhere within the EU just like I'm in Deutschland, and should probably take a chill pill.
I thanked them very much, and then came straight to this thread.

Are you loving kidding me? :stare:

Didn't this happen already one or two years ago? Probably this could fly over your head if you are not living abroad or going frequently abroad.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
EU is good for you

I'm keeping my Austrian SIM (and a German one to not feel dirty) because they have an insane 4€/Month for 1 GB internet deal, no other strings attached (so I would pay per call and SMS, if I actually used it for anything). I've lived in France and Sweden since leaving Austria and have been in Germany of course, and it's the same 4€/Month always and forever. Gotta be careful when traveling to the UK soon :razz:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yep, roaming in the EU has been free by regulation now for 2 years or so?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Commissioners and MEPs have a lot of different ideas wrt. politics, but they all have the following traits in common:
  • Own cell phones
  • Must travel across borders regularly

So the EU was pretty much on top of fighting the evil of roaming charges.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Well, this is an absolutely loving incredible revelation to me.

The last time I lived in Europe bofire that was enacted was 2014, so imagine how stupidly convenient this is.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Yeah, the abolition of roaming fees is absolutely wonderful and saved me so much hassle once it was introduced. Just gotta be careful when hiking near the Swiss border, phones like to randomly switch over to the Swiss network there.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
Depending on your package you can still get charged an arm and a leg for things like receiving calls abroad, can't you? Someone was telling me a while ago that they got a big bill for that, despite having an EU prepaid and travelling within the EU. Maybe I am misremembering though

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Yeah, the change went into effect around August 2016. I know because I was in Norway at the time and a Telekom guy literally called me to tell me about it. I'd already been scrounging free pub wifi for a couple of days and at first thought "great, the happening matters just as I'm outside of the EU" but nope, Norway is included too. That call was :nsa: / :tinfoil: as gently caress, but also really convenient.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Der goldene Handschuh ist ein schöner Film für die ganze Familie

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

:420:

omg, 2.5 weeks later and i finally have the tiniest little jalapeño sprout.

I bought a Heizmatte to place under the Gewächshaus on Tuesday this week and that seems to have made the difference, at least for this little guy.

Now only waiting on signs of life for the other 27 baby chilis :(

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Awesome! I hope the others catch up, too! :)

Meanwhile my other twin sprout has turned into a triple sprout. What the heck. 29/28 now.

Edit: The triplets are another sprout. 30/28

Zwille fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Feb 22, 2019

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

I just put my chilies in yesterday. Can’t wait aaaaaaaaaaa

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

one of us, one of us

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

yay! did you get the same kit?

I got bored today and stuck a citrus seed into a fresh kokospod. let's see how that works out :v:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
+++EXTRA+++ Meckerossis wollen Führer

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Drone posted:

:420:

omg, 2.5 weeks later and i finally have the tiniest little jalapeño sprout.

I bought a Heizmatte to place under the Gewächshaus on Tuesday this week and that seems to have made the difference, at least for this little guy.

Now only waiting on signs of life for the other 27 baby chilis :(

at first glance I really thought that was a special cookie

grats though. My plants are all dying (no chilis among them).

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I have a question im not sure where else to put other than this thread. Were people in Nazi germany required to put pictures of hitler in every loving room? I see this in at least a dozen movies revolving around this time period and i want to know if it has truth tt all as this has beem seen as actual law in North Korea.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/testozm/status/1099225241321177088?s=19

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
^^terrifying

haldolium posted:

at first glance I really thought that was a special cookie

grats though. My plants are all dying (no chilis among them).

Found your problem.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

So they feel frustrated because they think they can't influence politics, but they also want a strong Führer? I guess our education system has failed if the next generation is so bad at logic

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Libluini posted:

So they feel frustrated because they think they can't influence politics, but they also want a strong Führer? I guess our education system has failed if the next generation is so bad at logic

The Führer is assumed to have the same lovely opinions you think are underrepresented in the current linksgrünversoffter Sumpf, hth.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Good news: East and West finally converge

Bad news: it's on the issue that we should abolish democracy and institute a dictatorship

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

suck my woke dick posted:

The Führer is assumed to have the same lovely opinions you think are underrepresented in the current linksgrünversoffter Sumpf, hth.

Having the same opinions doesn't mean you magically influence politics. In a dictatorship your political influence outside the dictator's clique is always zero. Thinking otherwise just makes one delusional.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
This could all be avoided if we implement Randlerism, the only political System that ensures 100 percent congruence of those in power and the governed.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I prefer Stochocracy myself

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I wonder how efficient our tax system would end up being after Randler takes power.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
A tax System would be unnecessary because there will be no distinction between public and private funds.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I have a question im not sure where else to put other than this thread. Were people in Nazi germany required to put pictures of hitler in every loving room? I see this in at least a dozen movies revolving around this time period and i want to know if it has truth tt all as this has beem seen as actual law in North Korea.

Afaik it wasn’t required, but it definitely was heavily encouraged, and the NSDAP and its supporters exerted a strong social pressure to hang it up. The state took care to make sure that everybody had a copy of Mein Kampf and a portrait of Hitler at home (eg by handing them out as gifts during civil marriages), and refusing it would have put you immediately on the nazis‘ shitlist, I guess. I know that my great-grandfather got one and only put it up when he was visited by people he knew to be nazis, for example.

az
Dec 2, 2005

idee: atombomben auf deutschland? let me finish,

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I've been doing some light reading about this beautiful city today, and every single wikipedia article on local topics comes with a köln.txt punchline

Zoobrücke posted:

Kurioses
In den 1970er Jahren wurden bei Arbeiten in der Fahrrinne des Rheins zwei angebliche Öltanks gefunden und in den Pylonen der Brücke zwischengelagert. Dort fand eine Anbohrung der Tanks statt, um den Inhalt zu überprüfen. Hinterher stellte sich heraus, dass die vermeintlichen Öltanks scharfe englische Sprengbomben aus dem Zweiten Weltkrieg waren.

Kölner Zoo posted:

Vorfälle
Am 10. November 1975 entkamen drei Jaguare aus ihrem Gehege. Ein Pfleger wurde angegriffen, woraufhin das Tier von der Polizei erschossen wurde, die beiden anderen konnten eingefangen werden.[67]
Am 10. Oktober 1985 brach der Schimpanse Petermann aus seinem Gehege aus und verletzte den damaligen Direktor Gunther Nogge lebensgefährlich. Das Tier wurde daraufhin von der Polizei erschossen.[68]
Im August 1988 konnte ein Grizzly aus seinem Gehege entkommen. Nachdem er einen Baum ausgerissen und mit dessen Hilfe einen ansonsten unüberwindlichen Wassergraben überquert hatte, wurde er durch einen Pfleger erschossen.[67]
In den 1980er Jahren wurde ein Mann von einem Löwen getötet, ein anderer von einem Tiger schwer verletzt. Beide Männer waren über Absperrungen geklettert.[67]
Am 25. August 2012 attackierte der Sibirische Tiger Altai seine Pflegerin und verletzte sie tödlich. Das Tier war durch eine offen gelassene Sicherheitsschleuse in einen überdachten Teil seines Geheges eingedrungen, den die Tierpflegerin gerade säuberte. Der Kater wurde von Direktor Theo Pagel mit einem Gewehr erschossen, um Rettungskräften Zugang zu der Pflegerin zu ermöglichen.[68]

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

lol, you weren't kidding

quote:

Bei der Offenlegung der Finanzen des Erzbistums Köln im Februar 2015 wurde der Dom mit einem Wert von 27 Euro bilanziert,[88] obwohl das Erzbistum nicht Eigentümer des Doms ist.[89]

quote:

Im Mai 2005 vermeldete der 1. FC Köln den Abschluss eines neuen Trikotsponsor-Vertrags mit dem Inselstaat Zypern, vertreten durch eine zyprische Firma namens „Satena Holding Ltd.“. Beworben werden sollte die Insel als touristisches Ziel. Wenige Wochen später hatte der WDR nach Recherchen herausgefunden, dass die Firma gar nicht existierte und ein derartiger Auftrag des zyprischen Tourismusverbandes auch nie bestanden hatte.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Ich sehe nicht wirklich das Problem, wenn sich das Erzbistum um 27 € reicher rechnet. :shrug:

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Looking at it now, this Bilanzierung seems optimistic to be honest.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Das dürften Erinnerungswerte sein, die vereinfacht gesagt einem Wertansatz von "0" entsprechen.

Ob das Grundstück und der Dom (in welcher Form auch immer) als VG in der Bilanz des Erzbistum dem Grunde nach stehen müssten kann ich aus dem Stehgreif nicht sagen, aber es ist nicht so, dass stets nur der Eigentümer den VG aktiviert.

Mal ganz abgesehen davon, dass die ganzen Wikipedia-Artikel zu der Thematik extremst schlampig geschrieben wurden, wenn es um die Eigentumslage geht. Aber was soll man von Kölnern auch sonst schon erwarten. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/jules_su/status/1099323207268524033