Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

bulbapedia says its ryme city

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1098678528130740224

If they only focus on main series games Alola would be on the 26th, though the date would have changed over to the 27th in Japan

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Silver Falcon posted:

And what does this mean?

It's how a Japanese person pronounces "the wild" phonetically.

Also it's this JoJo's reference (za warudo/the world):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtzvlXL9gXk

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Alright so I got HeartGold and I think I'd like to put Scizor on my team. An FAQ says there are no Metal Coats until you beat the Johto 4, though I read you can get them from Pokeathalon. Is it true that I can get Metal Coat before beating the Johto League and also what's the fastest Pokeathalon point grind?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

SuperKlaus posted:

Alright so I got HeartGold and I think I'd like to put Scizor on my team. An FAQ says there are no Metal Coats until you beat the Johto 4, though I read you can get them from Pokeathalon. Is it true that I can get Metal Coat before beating the Johto League and also what's the fastest Pokeathalon point grind?

I’d suggest using either Bulbapedia or Serebii for finding information on where to find specific items or Pokémon in the games. There’s too much to remember otherwise.

I prefer Bulbapedia’s design (Serebii’s design gives me a headache) but a lot of people prefer Serebii because it has the important information more near the top of the page

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Thank you very much. Bulbapedia says you can get Coats on Fridays without having the National Dex. I'll trust to that.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Picked up MonPoke recently and I have to say I'm really enjoying it. I never realized I was missing it until I finally got my hands on it.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Participating in the tournament only to receive the gift at the end and...I actually won a match

Someone just came in with a bunch of unevolved stuff. I randomly picked stuff out of my box caught in Gen 7.

Then someone who takes this seriously destroyed my team easily.

One more match to go to get the prize.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Hustlin Floh posted:

Picked up MonPoke recently and I have to say I'm really enjoying it. I never realized I was missing it until I finally got my hands on it.

what’e you think of the intro

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Monpoké is going to win all the GOTY awards, especially best makeup and best choreography for the Snorlax ballet scene

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i didn’t get that far but the new rabbit is sick. the buffs to grass are insane

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
The nerfs to Ice were also very welcome and deserved.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Wtf is Monpoke?

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

chaosapiant posted:

Wtf is Monpoke?

Some weird thing that the Pokémon company trademarked some months back. There was a logo involved but literally nothing came of it so far.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

chaosapiant posted:

Wtf is Monpoke?

Monster pockets, gamefreak and hot pockets are colaberating in a big way

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

Monster pockets, gamefreak and hot pockets are colaberating in a big way

That Melty Combusken is the best flavor.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Princess Monpoke is the new Studio Ghibli movie.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

So poke pilago...wow. I can just shake this tree indefinitely and keep getting beans? And every time I look at a Pokémon or switch to a different field I get more beans? Crazy!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

chaosapiant posted:

So poke pilago...wow. I can just shake this tree indefinitely and keep getting beans? And every time I look at a Pokémon or switch to a different field I get more beans? Crazy!

Its not indefinite. You get quite a few shakes but it dries up eventually and you need to wait a few hours to restock it.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Are there any antagonists as goofy and ineffectual as team skull in the the other gens? These dudes are funny as gently caress, always rapping at me and then pissing themselves when my starter mon KOs there poo poo. Team Skull for life.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

chaosapiant posted:

Are there any antagonists as goofy and ineffectual as team skull in the the other gens? These dudes are funny as gently caress, always rapping at me and then pissing themselves when my starter mon KOs there poo poo. Team Skull for life.

Most of Team Galactic were complete morons who were deliberately kept in the dark about their boss’ plans, but the team itself was a threat because of the higher ups. So some came close, but Team Skull was designed in-story to be ineffectual and goofy so that the Aether Foundation could have a distraction from their real activities.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Geostomp posted:

Most of Team Galactic were complete morons who were deliberately kept in the dark about their boss’ plans, but the team itself was a threat because of the higher ups. So some came close, but Team Skull was designed in-story to be ineffectual and goofy so that the Aether Foundation could have a distraction from their real activities.

Yeah, Aqua/Magma are also close but the game isn't nearly as self aware of how idiotic and goofy they are and seems to want you to take them seriously. Even when they're doing poo poo like threatening to make a volcano erupt while standing in the caldera

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I’m in a bit of a weird bind now in the Ultra Moon story. Several of my dudes are all of a sudden being disobedient and I’m trying to fight the kahuna of the second island. I’m sure I have to beat her for them to be obedient but it’s a pain when they just “loaf around” instead of fight. I’m just under level 40 with a few of them.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

chaosapiant posted:

I’m in a bit of a weird bind now in the Ultra Moon story. Several of my dudes are all of a sudden being disobedient and I’m trying to fight the kahuna of the second island. I’m sure I have to beat her for them to be obedient but it’s a pain when they just “loaf around” instead of fight. I’m just under level 40 with a few of them.

Yeah, traded dudes have level caps. Just use dudes you catch or riase yourself if your going to overlevel

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Zore posted:

Yeah, traded dudes have level caps. Just use dudes you catch or riase yourself if your going to overlevel

Yep, that was my thought. It was surprising because they were lower level than my starter. So I just used my Decidueye and best her down with grass and shadow attacks and kept my health up with roto restores.

Rotom is like a really annoying friend who always helps you move. It’s annoying to tolerate him but he’s very helpful when he lets me stab him in the eyes for cash and prizes.

Edit/I had more stuff to write: What's the general opinion on the Rowlet starter and its evolutions? I'm rocking a level 40 Decidueye now and she's pretty dope, what with a grass move, a flying move, a shadow move and some ZZtop move. However, I think generation 6's starters were better. I have a level 98 Delphox that has a balance of fire and psychic moves and she destroys everything that isn't a real person playing the game. She's also cute and her tail is holding a stick on fire or some poo poo.

chaosapiant fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Feb 22, 2019

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Watching the latest anime episode and this Pikachu vs Mudsdale trial is on a comparable level of bullshit to the Onix and Rhydon battles in the earliest seasons twenty years ago.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

less laughter posted:

Watching the latest anime episode and this Pikachu vs Mudsdale trial is on a comparable level of bullshit to the Onix and Rhydon battles in the earliest seasons twenty years ago.

But they justified it by saying that the seawater soaking Mudsdale was similar to the move Soak, which turned Mudsdale into a water-type temporarily.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
just like the gym sprinklers on Onix two decades ago, an early tease of environmental Soak

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why didn't he just aim for the horn

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Now I want a unicorn evo of Mudsdale.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

If I want to be a real poke-nerd, is there a way to watch the show starting at Season 1? Netflix seems to only have some movies plus the XY/SunMoon seasons, and Hulu has like seasons 14-16 or something. I want to start from the beginning.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Zuzie posted:

But they justified it by saying that the seawater soaking Mudsdale was similar to the move Soak, which turned Mudsdale into a water-type temporarily.

why didn't pika just use Splishy Splash ?

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
I mean, let's be fair - this time, they *HAVE* the excuse of Soak to use when they want to pull that poo poo. They didn't have that back in the Onix fight.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

chaosapiant posted:

If I want to be a real poke-nerd, is there a way to watch the show starting at Season 1? Netflix seems to only have some movies plus the XY/SunMoon seasons, and Hulu has like seasons 14-16 or something. I want to start from the beginning.

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-episodes/pokemon-tv-seasons/season-1/

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Now I want somebody in the anime to point a gun at Ash and say that it has the effect of the move Bullet Punch

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

thetoughestbean posted:

Now I want somebody in the anime to point a gun at Ash and say that it has the effect of the move Bullet Punch

It's super-effective!

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

This is fantastic, thank you!

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I just bought Omega Ruby from Walmart for $3 :toot:

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

OhFunny posted:

I just bought Omega Ruby from Walmart for $3 :toot:

Was it used? Was it new?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

chaosapiant posted:

Was it used? Was it new?

Brand new. They're fireselling them.

I saw the deal in the 3DS deals subreddit and swung by and got one on my way home. They had two and the clerk went and bought the other lol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/3DSdeals/comments/atbk93/pokemon_omega_ruby_300_usd_at_walmart_ymmv/