Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

He's one of those fuckers who thinks you have to put extra spaces after punctuation like it's a fuckin' typewriter, guillotine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Also I like that he makes it clear at the end that his rich rear end in a top hat family vacation is actually a metaphor for driving the wage slaves harder :allears:

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Hello fellow former Windstreamer! I was part of the mass layoffs in 2015 (I came with PAETEC when they were acquired). Tony Thomas is such a literal piece of human loving garbage and Windstream deserves everything it gets for being just a god awful company in a world full of god awful companies. I feel bad for the employees though, there’s a lot of great, very talented people in the trenches that are continually handicapped by that lovely culture.

It really is a shame. The latest wave of layoffs have hit engineers with 10+ years who were universally knowledgeable and helpful. I've been here for 8 years and it's gotten more brutal year after year. I had to post out of my old department once a year just so my staff manager would see I was threatening to leave just to get a raise.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

"I recently took a trip to South Beach and while I was laying on the private coastline with nobody but my 17 assistants and bodyguards and beautiful models I pay to hang around and make me look popular, I thought about how important it is to take responsibility and put in the extra effort. You see, normally my beach butler would be here to feed me grapes and wine, but I let them take one of their sick days to go see their son being born, so I'm really roughing it out here by myself! And if you think about it, our company is a lot like that, sometimes your butler isn't there and you have to pick up the grapes yourself.

In other words, we should all pitch in to 'pick up' the 'grapes' of work on the weekend"

Shame Boy has issued a correction as of 16:34 on Feb 22, 2019

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Outrail posted:

Amazon Canada dropped the pretense post legalization.

I once shopped for a small digital scale for weighing coins for my collection and in return I got recommendations for small vials and baggies for weeks afterwards.

I'm sure I'm on a list somewhere.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Weembles posted:

I once shopped for a small digital scale for weighing coins for my collection and in return I got recommendations for small vials and baggies for weeks afterwards.

I'm sure I'm on a list somewhere.

What an incredibly disappointing DEA raid that would be though :allears:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Pretty smart algorithm to realize you needed dime bags.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Outrail posted:

I mean I'm guessing it was just the whole frequently bought wi- oh I just got it

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:v:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Outrail posted:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Shame Boy posted:

Lmao what the gently caress is that even supposed to do? I assume the real reason is "give them an excuse to fire any ethnic person they don't like" but what's even the bullshit justification they gave you?

There wasn't one. Apparently in the old days you had to have it memorized but I'm just supposed to know where it is at all times.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Shame Boy posted:

"I recently took a trip to South Beach and while I was laying on the private coastline with nobody but my 17 assistants and bodyguards and beautiful models I pay to hang around and make me look popular, I thought about how important it is to take responsibility and put in the extra effort. You see, normally my beach butler would be here to feed me grapes and wine, but I let them take one of their sick days to go see their son being born, so I'm really roughing it out here by myself! And if you think about it, our company is a lot like that, sometimes your butler isn't there and you have to pick up the grapes yourself.

In other words, we should all pitch in to 'pick up' the 'grapes' of work on the weekend"

This makes me want to eat the rich.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
over 200 million dollars

also this is pretty drat good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06yy88tLWlg

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

free market having a normal one i see

MrKonarski
May 9, 2012
Kinda late to the job conversation but back here in Europe the fastest, easiest way to get into the job market is to emigrate for a few years to a 2nd world country to get experience in your career choice and then come back on your late 30's

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

MrKonarski posted:

Kinda late to the job conversation but back here in Europe the fastest, easiest way to get into the job market is to emigrate for a few years to a 2nd world country to get experience in your career choice and then come back on your late 30's

Moving to a second world country for a decade doesn't seem particularly fast or easy.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Outrail posted:

Moving to a second world country for a decade doesn't seem particularly fast or easy.

I thought that was the point OP was making tbh

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Outrail posted:

yeah america is getting very strict

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Subjunctive posted:

I thought that was the point OP was making tbh

It's hard to tell these days.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Anyone know what this is supposed to mean

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
It's saying 5G wireless networks are actually lethal, and/or are actually suppression fields to keep the population in check

seems obvious enough to me

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Sjs00 posted:

it means that 5g is a kill grid

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sjs00 posted:

there's some right wing conspiracy that 5g networks will cause mass deaths

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/5g-cellular-test-birds/

GoluboiOgon has issued a correction as of 02:46 on Feb 24, 2019

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

efb

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shame Boy posted:

On the radio earlier they had an interview with a guy who wrote a book predicting that instead of earth's population increasing to 10 billion by 2050 the population is actually more likely to shrink heavily, and a bunch of the people who called in to the show while I was listening basically just went "lol good we deserve it"

I'm glad that seems to be a widespread opinion :unsmith:

oh my god gently caress off with this poo poo

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
I got these from a nice woman.

I saw her wave around some kind of PKE meter looking thing for monitoring the field. She’s come around before because we lease a cell tower so I chatted her up on what she was doing and nodded along. The object on the right is an orgonite scalar field device meant to counteract EMF from the cell tower on premises.

Dr. Killjoy has issued a correction as of 02:54 on Feb 24, 2019

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Doesn't 5G just meant 5th generation electronics?

It's still the same old radio waves we've had for a couple hundred years.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Well I don't think it's working.
I mean I don't have any desire whatsoever to procreate but still screaming children everywhere
Also Lmfadol at all these instant :tinfoil: responses I love these forums

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

tbh that is a pretty badass looking paperweight.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

for the moment it’s literally just LTE with more channels available

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
There's a similar thing in Australia (and I'm guessing everywhere) about wind farms. Apparently by emitting a sound. The sound is below the range of human hearing. It's also about 40 dB, which is about how loud a quiet room is when there is no other sound sources.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Dr. Killjoy posted:

I got these from a nice woman.

I saw her wave around some kind of PKE meter looking thing for monitoring the field. She’s come around before because we lease a cell tower so I chatted her up on what she was doing and nodded along. The object on the right is an orgonite scalar field device meant to counteract EMF from the cell tower on premises.

MRC48B posted:

tbh that is a pretty badass looking paperweight.

Look up what Orgone is some time if you don't know, it's p fun

spacetoaster posted:

5G specifically uses stuff up in the millimeter wave band for the first time, which seems scary and new until you realize that radar has been using it since like, the 50's

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that

Shame Boy posted:

5G specifically uses stuff up in the millimeter wave band for the first time, which seems scary and new until you realize that radar has been using it since like, the 50's

I think AT&T or someone is branding an LTE expansion as "5G+" or something, confusing the issue.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

GoluboiOgon posted:

there's some right wing conspiracy that 5g networks will cause mass deaths

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/5g-cellular-test-birds/

The bigger one (as in the Alex Jones one) is that it's part of the chemtrails plan to "geo-engineer" the planet, which is also why they made up the lie of global warming to give them an excuse to do it, so they make the chemtrails and then 5G deploys HAARP technology all around the world which reacts with the chemtrails to... something something, I've never really been clear on the last part, but i've been assured it's very bad

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Shame Boy posted:

That's what I mean. It's just another technology making use of a part of the electromagnetic spectrum that we've already been using for a loooong time.

I have had arguments with people who think the cell phones are using some special "cell signal" that is not just a regular wave at whatever mhz your region/device uses.

It's just an advanced radio dudes.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

spacetoaster posted:

That's what I mean. It's just another technology making use of a part of the electromagnetic spectrum that we've already been using for a loooong time.

I have had arguments with people who think the cell phones are using some special "cell signal" that is not just a regular wave at whatever mhz your region/device uses.

It's just an advanced radio dudes.

It's called cellular because it affects you at a cellular level, duh

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Shame Boy posted:

It's called cellular because it affects you at a cellular level, duh

Now there certainly are parts of the spectrum that will absolutely do that poo poo. And you pump enough wattage through a transmitter and you will get a loving "sunburn".

But cellphones are what? A quarter of a watt?

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

spacetoaster posted:

no, you idiot, it means the government is using the air to mine the hardened metals in your body from the fluoride in the water. you buffoon.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Well just how many cellphones are in your vicinity at all times nowadays? And I just saw some kid biting their iPhone, like just going hard on it like a chicken leg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Shame Boy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPISXvQwm_E